X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Mitch Malloy Van Halen's Lost Boy

Anybody see this clip Andrew from Melodic Rock posted today? Nothing earth shattering, but at least he finally tells the story.

Listen to the song at the very end. It's a VH song from back in '96, or whenever. He's finally getting around to finishing it. It's fucking HORRIBLE!

• fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

He seems like a nice enough guy, definitely NOT Van Halen though.

Once again, the main reason why I hate Sammy Hagar is because the guy is a fucking CUNT. Plain and simple, Spam is a cunt.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
      He seems like a nice enough guy, definitely NOT Van Halen though.

Once again, the main reason why I hate Sammy Hagar is because the guy is a fucking CUNT. Plain and simple, Spam is a cunt.
      Why you gotta bring Clichegar up? Why are you so infatuated with him? He is more irrelevant than ever, now. If you'd quit bringing his name up, he'd be even more irrelevant.

Did you listen to the song at the end of that clip?

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If that song is any indication of what was to come, then "Van Malloy" would have been the same processed, Top 40 crap that Van Hagar was. At least VDIII tried to be "experimental"... though some of it was just mental and none of it was all that good.

I think this Malloy dude is a little full of himself though.... he moves to Nashville with a hairdo like that and thinks nobody is going to call him a "rock guy". The only country guy with hair that long was the sasquatch looking dude from the Oak Ridge Boys, and he only got away with it because he looked like a goddamn psycho, and the suits in Nashville were probably afraid he would kill them if they told him to cut his hair.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Listen to the song at the very end. It's a VH song from back in '96, or whenever. He's finally getting around to finishing it. It's fucking HORRIBLE!
          It sure sounds like a song from that era, lame as hell....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

This guy is just some dude they auditioned, but he reappears as the nearly guy quite a bit. It's surprising, 'cos it's not like he was ever someone who the ordinary Joe in the street would know.

I just remembered that I read a book about the Ramones some time ago - and in that it was claimed that Eddie also hit Joey Ramone up about joining the fucking band as well, according to Monte Melnick the Ramones manager / tour manager.

Wendy fucking O'Williams claims SHE was asked to join the band ...

It's like Eddie's hairbrained post-Dave idea to make an album with a load of - with all due respect for the great records some of them HAD made - Pete Townshend, Steve Winwood, Phil Collins.

What can you say, fellas? "Forget about it, Jake ... it's Howdy Doody Mountain"
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps

I just remembered that I read a book about the Ramones some time ago - and in that it was claimed that Eddie also hit Joey Ramone up about joining the fucking band as well, according to Monte Melnick the Ramones manager / tour manager.
              You gotta be fucking kidding me!

I personally started the Joey Ramone rumor back in 1996. Claimed that the "Cherone" rumor was a mistake and the media got the name wrong. Even posted a "review" of a secret concert in a club where Joey appeared with the band and played a set of VH and Ramones classics.

It was 100% fabrication on my part, but a lot of the sheep who were on the VH sites at the time bought every last word of it, and it was even picked up by the press, to some extent. I remember it turning up on some German news site, for example. I couldn't believe anybody took it seriously, and I really can't believe Monte Melnick ran with it.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

He reminds me a bit of III era Cherone here, so, uh, yeah...

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  It sure sounds like a song from that era, lame as hell....
                  It was recorded with Gary as well...

Both versions are equally gay.
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ah, so that's why the song sounded a little familiar. I heard the Cherone version several years ago, and tried to block it out of my memory. Though apparently that song is the one they pulled from VDIII to make room for "How Many Say I".

God only knows what the thought process was there, but rumor at the time was Ray Danniels thought he would save the song as a single for the "Best of Volume II" that he had scheduled for the band to release after the VDIII tour (but was eventually scrapped. As was Danniels himself, and Cherone)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Presuming Malloy was being 100% accurate in that clip (and there's no reason to assume he wasn't), at least he had the sense to realize that after the Van Halens got expectations raised for a Roth reunion in 1996, the general public was gonna be pretty sour if the band ended up going with someone besides Roth.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                        Presuming Malloy was being 100% accurate in that clip (and there's no reason to assume he wasn't), at least he had the sense to realize that after the Van Halens got expectations raised for a Roth reunion in 1996, the general public was gonna be pretty sour if the band ended up going with someone besides Roth.
                        Definitely a smart move on his part, to bail out.

I've never heard any of his music. Andrew is in love with him.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Van halen with Joey .... Can't even imagine what that would even sound like
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Terry
                            Which makes you wonder what Cherone was thinking, since he stated in an interview that he had already been hired by the time the Roth fiasco played out. Talk about foreshadowing. I suppose, in his defense, he'd been told he was the guy, but man, what a tough circumstance to walk in to.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              Van halen with Joey .... Can't even imagine what that would even sound like
                              Sadly, I doubt it would have ever happened, my rumor notwithstanding.

Joey Ramone already knew he had lymphoma by the time the Ramones split up in 1996 (The illness was probably the main reason for the breakup) and though he did some recording over the next 5 years before his death in 2001, he wouldn't have likely been up to touring.

In his own words, he was "Waiting For That Railroad To Go Home". And I don't think he meant Forest Hills

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...