PDA

View Full Version : Fat lying twat continues to bleat

Seshmeister
11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
As we approach year 9 Bozo the clown is still at it...

SAMMY HAGAR On Split With VAN HALEN: 'I Was Stabbed In The Back And Left For Dead'

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-hagar-on-split-with-van-halen-i-was-stabbed-in-the-back-and-left-for-dead/#ksWj4WzxcbDsvLls.99
If you are into watching a fat Bette Midler lookalike whine you can even watch it on video there.

Asked if he misses his friendship with the Van Halen brothers, Hagar replied: "Oh, every part of me — from my hair to my toes — miss my friendship with Eddie and Alex Van Halen.

"I think Alex and I are probably still good friends. Eddie and I, we hit a real hard bump in the road. It's kind of like a relationship with a partner and things go so wrong that you just don't feel like you can ever let that go. But we'll see. 'Cause I think I can let anything go. I don't know if Eddie can let anything go; maybe he can. But right now, there's a lot of resentment built up. It's almost like there's so much anger that I don't wanna even run into him."

He continued: "I used to always say, 'Oh, if I ran into him somewhere, it'd be, like, 'Oh, Eddie. How are you doing?' Big hugs and kisses. I don't think it'd be like that right now. I think it'd be, like, 'You did this' and 'You did that' [laughs]; we'd get in each other's face.

"It got real ugly.

"Unfortunately, when I wrote my book, I had to say it all, because in my whole life, what do I do? I go through life and I run into fans. 'Oh, man, I loved you in VAN HALEN. You were the best guy.' Of course they tell me I was the best guy in VAN HALEN and they tell the other guy he was the best guy. But the truth of the matter is, they would say, 'Why can't you and Eddie get…? Man, you guys…' And I'm going, 'You don't understand.' So when I wrote my book, I wanted to clarify that; I just wanted to throw that out the window. Don't ever ask me again why I'm not in VAN HALEN. I was thrown out, I was stabbed in the back and left for dead. And you just can't go back and hug and kiss those kind of people that do that to you. So I wrote about it in my book. And now that I really wrote about it in the book, I don't think Eddie would ever look me in the eye and shake hands and no hugs and kisses. But Alex knows it's all true and he knows it was all… Well, he knows what happened. He was a bystander who stood by his brother, and I love 'em both."

He added: "I still love Eddie Van Halen with all of my heart and I wish him nothing but good health and hopefully he gets himself together. But he put me through some miserable stuff that one human being should not do that to another human being. And it's not like I didn't have a choice. I had a choice; I could have split in the middle of that tour, but when I did, I was threatened to be sued for so much money that it was, like… 'I'm gonna stick it out.' And sticking it out through those situations [meant] I had to get my own airplane, [we] couldn't fly on the same plane, he was in this dressing room in the arena, I was in the farthest one over there I could get. And it was, like, every night, sitting there and looking at the clock, it's time to go on, Michael Anthony [then-VAN HALEN bassist] and I, and we'd hear Eddie's guitar. It was, like, 'OK, he made it. Let's go.' We'd walk out on stage every night. [We'd] wait and make sure the guy could make it.

"But I love him; I really do love him. My friendship and the songs and the music we made makes up for all of that — if he would be willing to say, 'Hey, let's let it go.'

"But I'm not looking to get back [in VAN HALEN]. CHICKENFOOT is my band now."

Hagar recently said that Eddie Van Halen isn't as "fluent and versatile" as Sammy's CHICKENFOOT bandmate Joe Satriani. Hagar, who just released the star-studded collection, "Sammy Hagar & Friends", took a swipe at Van Halen while downplaying his own guitar playing, telling Gibson.com, "In CHICKENFOOT and VAN HALEN, I just put the guitar on and got a big cheer always, and then I'd burn for a little bit and then take it back off before I ran out of chops, y'know? I rate myself as a guy that can play, and I can express myself extremely well but only in one language. I can only play blues-based guitar. And when a guy like Joe steps up there, he can play. Once he finishes with my repertoire, he can go into French, Spanish and Russian on the guitar! He's just so versatile and fluent."

Hagar pressed on, comparing Van Halen to Satriani, saying, "Eddie's not as fluent and versatile. Eddie's got a style for himself and he's very much in that pocket, but Joe can play anything. He freaks me out."

Hagar told The Pulse Of Radio that the split between him and Eddie Van Halen became apparent during the sessions for the band's 1995 "Balance" album, which was his last full-length set with the band. "Eddie needs somebody to make decisions and a leader, y'know?" he said. "He's not a natural born leader kind of guy. And his brother was always the leader before — or [David Lee] Roth was the leader before — and when Roth left, his brother and him bumped heads so much, when I walked in, it was like, 'Well, what does Sam wanna do?' y'know? So it became kind of like, yeah, I was making all the decisions, so then on 'Balance', all of a sudden he didn't like my decisions, and it was, like, really weird."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-hagar-on-split-with-van-halen-i-was-stabbed-in-the-back-and-left-for-dead/#ksWj4WzxcbDsvLls.99

vandeleur
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Wha wha wha ...... Poor me

WARF
11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I wished the Muslims would have stoned this motherfucker on South Park last night!

vandeleur
11-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I wished the Muslims would have stoned this motherfucker on South Park last night!

Am not that well versed but don't think they can touch pork :D

WARF
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
HAHAAHAHAHAHHAAAHHAAAA!!!!

That was the quote of the week!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2013, 02:20 PM
His 40th anniversary thingee is actually on AXSTV right now...

Christ, it's SO BAD.....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2013, 02:43 PM
They're on the "they can't play [the Van Hagarita] songs" kick now.... Mike just mocked Dave....

They DON'T WANT to play those lame-ass songs, dumbass.....

Seshmeister
11-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Mike has written as many good songs in his career as Joe Satriani...fuck all so far.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM
SAMMY HAGAR...'I Was Stabbed In The Back And Left For Dead'

Only in my "Dreams." :)

binnie
11-07-2013, 03:46 PM
If I was to put on my generous trousers, I might understand Sam's constant bleeting about VH like this:

- HE doesn't bring the band up, he just responds to questions asked of him by journalists (who ask them to get a headline-grabbing quotation).

- He probably was stabbed in the back by the sisters.

But I don't own any generous trousers, and whenever I read a Hagar interview the thing that comes screaming into my head is this: HOW CAN A GUY WHO SOLD A TEQUILA COMPANY FOR $80, SANG ON AN ALL TIME CLASSIC ALBUM (MONTROSE), HAS HAD A 40 YEAR CAREER IN MUSIC, AND STILL GETS TO PERFORM TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN HIS LATE 60S BE SO FUCKING BITTER? I don't get it, I really don't. You had your time Sam, enjoy your wealth and shut the fuck up.

fraroc
11-07-2013, 03:57 PM
As we approach year 9 Bozo the clown is still at it...

SAMMY HAGAR On Split With VAN HALEN: 'I Was Stabbed In The Back And Left For Dead'

If you are into watching a fat Bette Midler lookalike whine you can even watch it on video there.

Fucking victim playing piece of shit.

chefcraig
11-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Ya know, without his incidental role in Van Halen, Sam Hagar would be doing car shows and state fairs with equal luminaries such as Adam West, Survivor and Billy Squier. Oh, wait a minute...:headscratch:

Seshmeister
11-07-2013, 06:48 PM
At best.

Hagar has his tiresome novelty song about driving 55, the equivalent of having a song called 'I would like to drink 3 beers not just 1'.

I think the Survivor one hit wonder Rocky song is far more famous and embedded in culture, for a start it is known worldwide.

Hagar is not well known outside the US and a song about driving over 55 was a difficult sell to countries who have speed limits which are 70 like in the UK or 155 in Germany.

Even funnier is that most of Europe of course measure their speed in Km/h so Hagar was claiming to be such a crazy mofo - 'I can't drive 34!'

FORD
11-07-2013, 07:34 PM
:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
11-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Hagar couldn't drive period, he was a fake who destroyed the Ferrari's transmission in the video because he couldn't drive a stick...

TJMKID
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
HOW CAN A GUY WHO SOLD A TEQUILA COMPANY FOR $80, SANG ON AN ALL TIME CLASSIC ALBUM (MONTROSE), HAS HAD A 40 YEAR CAREER IN MUSIC, AND STILL GETS TO PERFORM TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN HIS LATE 60S BE SO FUCKING BITTER? I don't get it, I really don't. You had your time Sam, enjoy your wealth and shut the fuck up.

The Cabo Asshole is basically an insecure twat. You usually see that kind of insecurity in people who don't believe their own hype --- which is why they are constantly bragging to the world how great they are because they desperately want someone out there to believe the bullshit. You see this kind of behavior with Kanye West, among others --- telling everyone he's a "creative genius" when he knows he's just an average ghetto rat from Chicago.

Only an insecure dickwad sums up David Lee Roth as "he looks gay" in his autobiography. Many rockers with far more esteem than Sammy have heaped praise on Dave as a frontman legend and pioneer showman, but all Hagar can say about him is "that dude rubs me the wrong way". This is how an uneducated pissant writes about a widely popular rock icon. Says a lot about him.

Terry
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Hagar's got to constantly clarify that he wasn't the reason the 2004 tour was a fucking disgrace. And he wasn't. Ed was fucked up and out of his gourd. But Hagar knew Ed was in bad shape when they recorded those tunes for the BOBW album. And yes, it would have cost Hagar a lot of money if he had bailed out on the tour. Put in that situation, I'd like to think I would have valued integrity over money, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't have stuck the tour out and kept the money, either.
It sounds like these things Hagar has been saying for the last several years in the press are things he really should be saying directly to the Van Halens, and if Hagar felt strongly enough about the need to do that, he'd find a way to make contact. It's just kind of a chickenshit way to let the Van Halens know Hagar's still available to sing for the band.
All of it leaves me with the impression of Sam Hagar as being the kind of guy who will take the money first while quality comes second, won't take his share of the blame for his part in the making of a substandard product, will allow himself to be treated like shit by the Van Halens YET will still gladly go back for more if the money's still there.
I mean, if the dude bailed on the tour, gave a press conference saying that he was probably gonna be sued and lose millions but he felt he couldn't continue because Eddie Van Halen was too fucked up to play well and the whole biz was ripping people off, I'd have some respect for the guy. But he didn't do that. He took the money from the fans and ran, and then a year later began launching his complaints. If Hagar was saying in these interviews that the Van Halens fucked him in 1996, fucked him again in 2004 and hey, friendship is one thing but no way is he ever gonna work with those guys again because he doesn't allow himself to be treated like that by ANYBODY, friend or not - well, who could argue with that? Saying something along those lines would smack of a bit of self-respect and integrity. However, Hagar's all too willing to put all of that to one side for another payday with Van Halen.
As for Joe Satriani, on a technical level Satriani may well be more capable than Eddie Van Halen is. In the end though, it comes down to songs, and Joe Satriani has as yet to write a single song that approaches the level of his technical abilities. Satriani is held aloft by other guitar players still enthralled with the compulsive technical wankery of the 1980s, a niche group at best. Eddie Van Halen has written bucketloads of classic rock songs that appeal to masses of people who can't even play the instrument AND he also redefined rock guitar in a way that inspired millions of people to either pick up the instrument if they hadn't already or (if they had) sent them scrambling to the practice room to try and figure out how he did it.
Hagar SHOULD just be happy with his lot in life: Chickenfoot is an average rock band with average songs, but this is in no way inconsistent with the rest of Hagar's solo output. Hagar was lucky enough to play in bands with Ronnie Montrose and Eddie Van Halen, and he sold a ton of tequila. He's a living testament to the lucrative potential of mediocrity, and should be thankful that he didn't need to be particularly original or creative in his own write to be associated with some great records/bands/musicians. He SHOULD be looking skyward and saying "thanks for blessing me with the luck to hook up with a couple of guitar players way more talented than I ever could be, and thanks for letting me join up with Van Halen after the classic lineup spent a decade building up a legendary band name, because if I had been the original singer in Van Halen no amount of fingertapping was gonna make shite like Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy, Two Sides Of Love and I Can't Drive 55 be considered legendary".

twonabomber
11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
There's a difference between being a great guitarist and being able to write good songs. Sure, Satriani can play anything Hagarelli throws at him, but he can't write anything anyone is going to be humming 30 years later.

fraroc
11-07-2013, 10:16 PM
The Cabo Asshole is basically an insecure twat. You usually see that kind of insecurity in people who don't believe their own hype --- which is why they are constantly bragging to the world how great they are because they desperately want someone out there to believe the bullshit. You see this kind of behavior with Kanye West, among others --- telling everyone he's a "creative genius" when he knows he's just an average ghetto rat from Chicago.

Only an insecure dickwad sums up David Lee Roth as "he looks gay" in his autobiography. Many rockers with far more esteem than Sammy have heaped praise on Dave as a frontman legend and pioneer showman, but all Hagar can say about him is "that dude rubs me the wrong way". This is how an uneducated pissant writes about a widely popular rock icon. Says a lot about him.

He called DLR a fucking fag to his face and then went and bleated to the media about what a piece of shit Dave is and how HE singlehandedly saved Van Halen. Sammy Hagar is a fucking narcissist. He is an asshole with a low self esteem but a fucking Jersey Shore level self-confidence. He thinks he's God because he was in Van Halen but he is far fucking from it.

At least Mitch Malloy and Gary Cherone don't come off as assholes.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2013, 11:15 PM
There's a difference between being a great guitarist and being able to write good songs. Sure, Satriani can play anything Hagarelli throws at him, but he can't write anything anyone is going to be humming 30 years later.

I could be mistaken, but I think Satriani was in Mick Jagger's (in the words of Keith Richards) "jerked off band."

FORD
11-07-2013, 11:45 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think Satriani was in Mick Jagger's (in the words of Keith Richards) "jerked off band."

Indeed he was.... on Mick's solo tour of Japan & Australia in 1988.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LynZnUI91Pw

DLR Bridge
11-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I just want to say that Terry is, hands down, the most articulate and most correct poster on this site.

Terry, next bowl of oatmeal is on me.

Heater
11-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Another 12 years of bitching about getting back in and he will tie Roths record. At least Dave isnt attention starved though--crazy Twitter posts, wearing a wrestling mask, his nonsense "Me Me Me " youtube show. And shit ALL THEY EVER PLAY on the radio are all of Roths solo hits. If Daves voice didnt suck as bad as it does anymore, would Hagar still piss you off?

TJMKID
11-08-2013, 01:23 AM
He called DLR a fucking fag to his face and then went and bleated to the media about what a piece of shit Dave is and how HE singlehandedly saved Van Halen. Sammy Hagar is a fucking narcissist. He is an asshole with a low self esteem but a fucking Jersey Shore level self-confidence. He thinks he's God because he was in Van Halen but he is far fucking from it.

I agree --- but I don't think even Pauly D or the Situation are delusional enough to say some of the whack shit Hagarita has spewed over the years --- such as:

"I could be a billionaire if I wanted to, but I just don't wanna work that hard"

"I was selling out arenas two and three nights in a row for some cities in 1984 --- I was just as big as Van Halen"

TJMKID
11-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Cabo Asshat's book of Eternal Delusional Narcissistic Syndrome can be summed up in one sentence:

"All the good things in my life happened because I'm a hard-working genius. All the bad shit that happened is because other people fucked up".

Hagar's got to constantly clarify that he wasn't the reason the 2004 tour was a fucking disgrace. And he wasn't. Ed was fucked up and out of his gourd. But Hagar knew Ed was in bad shape when they recorded those tunes for the BOBW album. And yes, it would have cost Hagar a lot of money if he had bailed out on the tour. Put in that situation, I'd like to think I would have valued integrity over money, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't have stuck the tour out and kept the money, either.
It sounds like these things Hagar has been saying for the last several years in the press are things he really should be saying directly to the Van Halens, and if Hagar felt strongly enough about the need to do that, he'd find a way to make contact. It's just kind of a chickenshit way to let the Van Halens know Hagar's still available to sing for the band.
All of it leaves me with the impression of Sam Hagar as being the kind of guy who will take the money first while quality comes second, won't take his share of the blame for his part in the making of a substandard product, will allow himself to be treated like shit by the Van Halens YET will still gladly go back for more if the money's still there.
I mean, if the dude bailed on the tour, gave a press conference saying that he was probably gonna be sued and lose millions but he felt he couldn't continue because Eddie Van Halen was too fucked up to play well and the whole biz was ripping people off, I'd have some respect for the guy. But he didn't do that. He took the money from the fans and ran, and then a year later began launching his complaints. If Hagar was saying in these interviews that the Van Halens fucked him in 1996, fucked him again in 2004 and hey, friendship is one thing but no way is he ever gonna work with those guys again because he doesn't allow himself to be treated like that by ANYBODY, friend or not - well, who could argue with that? Saying something along those lines would smack of a bit of self-respect and integrity. However, Hagar's all too willing to put all of that to one side for another payday with Van Halen.
As for Joe Satriani, on a technical level Satriani may well be more capable than Eddie Van Halen is. In the end though, it comes down to songs, and Joe Satriani has as yet to write a single song that approaches the level of his technical abilities. Satriani is held aloft by other guitar players still enthralled with the compulsive technical wankery of the 1980s, a niche group at best. Eddie Van Halen has written bucketloads of classic rock songs that appeal to masses of people who can't even play the instrument AND he also redefined rock guitar in a way that inspired millions of people to either pick up the instrument if they hadn't already or (if they had) sent them scrambling to the practice room to try and figure out how he did it.
Hagar SHOULD just be happy with his lot in life: Chickenfoot is an average rock band with average songs, but this is in no way inconsistent with the rest of Hagar's solo output. Hagar was lucky enough to play in bands with Ronnie Montrose and Eddie Van Halen, and he sold a ton of tequila. He's a living testament to the lucrative potential of mediocrity, and should be thankful that he didn't need to be particularly original or creative in his own write to be associated with some great records/bands/musicians. He SHOULD be looking skyward and saying "thanks for blessing me with the luck to hook up with a couple of guitar players way more talented than I ever could be, and thanks for letting me join up with Van Halen after the classic lineup spent a decade building up a legendary band name, because if I had been the original singer in Van Halen no amount of fingertapping was gonna make shite like Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy, Two Sides Of Love and I Can't Drive 55 be considered legendary".

cadaverdog
11-08-2013, 01:58 AM
In a few more years Sammy will be sitting in a room all by himself in a convalesent home by the phone hoping Ed will call and tell him Dave's dead and he's back in the band. Instead of I can't drive 55 he'll be singing I can't drive 55 because my rascal won't go that fast.

Nitro Express
11-08-2013, 04:19 AM
If Sammy was back in the band him and Wolfie would get in a fight over the pork rinds at the catering table.

Seshmeister
11-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Reading a Hagar interview is like having to listen to a lottery winner tell you that they deserved to win, that they didn't need to win because they were already rich when you know that is a blatant lie, and that given their number choosing talent it's really unfair that they didn't win more.

cadaverdog
11-08-2013, 05:57 AM
If Sammy was back in the band him and Wolfie would get in a fight over the pork rinds at the catering table.
They sell these deep fried pork rinds with a litle meat still attached called cracklins in Louisiana and they blow regular pork rinds doors off. I do like the regular ones with the salsa package included that you pour in the bag and shake around to get some on all the mother fuckin' pork rinds. I'm stoned to the bone right now. I wish I had some pork rinds.

Dave's Bitch
11-08-2013, 06:54 AM
I don't like his music but I am indifferent to Sammy as a person.The songs him and Ed made do not make up for the friendship, They are terrible

twonabomber
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM

True, but Satriani wasn't on the Jagger albums and didn't co-write any of the Jagger solo songs. I believe Satriani was hired after Jeff Beck left Jagger's band. Beck backed out because Jagger wanted to have dancers onstage during the show and Beck didn't like the idea.

Seshmeister
11-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I just want to say that Terry is, hands down, the most articulate and most correct poster on this site.

Terry, next bowl of oatmeal is on me.

He would be if he spaced out his paragraphs... :)

Von Halen
11-08-2013, 08:48 AM
He called DLR a fucking fag to his face and then went and bleated to the media about what a piece of shit Dave is and how HE singlehandedly saved Van Halen.

You talk out of your ass as much as Clichegar does.

reddik59
11-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Too bad Sammy once was Dave's hero.

Von Halen
11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Too bad Sammy once was Dave's hero.

You have been a member here 8 years, and that is your first post?

Kristy
11-08-2013, 10:17 AM
LEAVE SAMMY ALONE!

http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/meme-prints/leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

All you people do is put him down! Sammy has bled and died for Van Halen! Sammy has given his all! Sammy's ex-guitar turned out to be a meth user, a cheater, and now he's going through a F A T battle. All you cretins care about is….. readers and making money off of him. HE’S A HUMAN! What you don’t realize is that Sammy is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him. He hasn’t performed on stage in what, 5 minutes! His song is called “give me more fries and cheeseburgers ” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE MORE!

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS! LEAVE SAMMY ALONE!

Please.

vandeleur
11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Sammy has bled and died

That gave me a sneaky semi :biggrin:

Seshmeister
11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I honestly hadn't heard of Sammy Hagar until 1983.

I was reading the Kerrang quotes of the year article and there were these two.

"The singing on Pretty Woman is terrible, I would have been too ashamed to release that." - Sammy Hagar

"I know why Sammy Hagar sings so many songs about his car, I've seen his wife." - David Lee Roth

vandeleur
11-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Pretty much sums up Dave and Sammy , Dave's is a funny little quip .Sammy is just whinging his jealous tits off again .

TJMKID
11-08-2013, 11:14 AM
http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/meme-prints/leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

Sammy has bled and died for Van Halen!

I really hope Cabo Cunt died from a massive menstruation !!

Hopefully, his crusty old uterus also fell out --- Dave used it to play fetch with Russell.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::l mao::lmao:

Seshmeister
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
The top answer when you do an google image search for "Sammy Hagar Fat" is a 9 year old post from here... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/thorphalanx/hagar_action_figure.gif

Sammy is so fat that when he was diagnosed with a flesh eating disease the doctor gave him 13 years to live.

vandeleur
11-08-2013, 11:40 AM
That is class :biggrin:

Kristy
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Only $51.50! Such a deal!

TJMKID
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
The top answer when you do an google image search for "Sammy Hagar Fat" is a 9 year old post from here... :)

fraroc
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
You talk out of your ass as much as Clichegar does.

Can you for once stop trying to be a surrogate CuntFlapps? Thanks in advance.

Von Halen
11-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Can you for once stop trying to be a surrogate CuntFlapps? Thanks in advance.

Why would I try to be a "surrogate CuntFlapps"? I could just unban, and unleash the real Flappo on you.

How about you quit posting misinformation. You were what, 8 when that shit went down?

fraroc
11-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Still a better love story than Twilight.....not.

DavidLeeNatra
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
...or 155 in Germany.

'cuse me? we have NO fucking speed limit at all on most of our AUTOBAHNEN!

tell me about a "land of the free"

Seshmeister
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Ah ok, I was getting mixed up.

I forgot that the speed limiters at 155 on German cars are the decision of the manufacturer rather than the

In the UK everyone drives at 80-85 on the motorways rather than 70. There was talk of increasing the official speed limit from 70 to 80 but it was assumed that then everyone would would just increase to 90-95 which I think they probably would.

I think speed limits should be really variable depending on conditions, most people would be shocked at just how long it takes to stop in the rain when you do an emergency stop at 85, I know I was. :)

55 is totally gay and ludicrous though, especially nowadays with all the improvements in brakes. American roads have a lot more potholes than Western European ones though...

twonabomber
11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Brakes, and stability control, and all the other electronic nannies...not to mention the airbags, safety cages, and crumple zones, if one were to hit something.

Speed limit on the Ohio Turnpike went up to 70 and the highway patrol found people were staying close to that, and not going 85 like the opponents claimed would happen. Trucks having a lower speed limit turned out to be more of an issue, once that was fixed accidents came down a bit.

The potholed roads are typically side streets, although I've been on plenty of bad stretches of I90 between here and the Canadian border. Local freeway just got improved to three lanes, repaved, with no turn arounds for cops to sit in, and plenty of lights so it's harder for cops to sit on the side of the road undetected. I can make it to work in seven minutes. :D

Va Beach VH Fan
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Speed limit on the Ohio Turnpike went up to 70 and the highway patrol found people were staying close to that, and not going 85 like the opponents claimed would happen.

Yup, same thing in VA.

Most of the time, if you wanna make time, you get in a group of cars that go a steady 75, maybe close to 80 sometimes....

twonabomber
11-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I usually stay a few lengths behind a car traveling faster and let him flush out the cops, while keeping a close eye on my rear view mirror.

One time a guy in an FJ Crusier blew by me at 90. I decided to run with him for a while but after a few miles I got uncomfortable and backed off to 75 or so. I am okay with short bursts to 100 or more but to sustain it is too much work. Not so much fighting the car but keeping a lookout for the five oh.

Seshmeister
11-11-2013, 04:37 AM
The potholed roads are typically side streets, although I've been on plenty of bad stretches of I90 between here and the Canadian border.

That's funny I've just realized my comment about potholes was pretty much just pulled out my ass based on a trip I made 15 years ago - on the I90. :)

Angel
11-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I keep forgetting you guys are talking mph, not kph. I was thinking you all drive like old fucking men, lol.

It depends on the vehicle I'm in. When I had my Bonneville, cruise control would be set to 140. In my lighter Toyota, I usually drive closer to the limit.