PDA

View Full Version : DLR - Bandannafest Tour 2014 ?

big fatty
11-21-2013, 08:56 PM
DLR touring with Rick Derringer on Bandannafest Tour in 2014 ???

http://www.bandannafest.com/home.html

Seshmeister
11-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Yikes, what a shitty website design.

Zing!
11-21-2013, 09:07 PM

Take it up with Dave Bradley.

VHscraps
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Surely not ... this looks very cheap and cheesy.

On the other hand, the equally cheap and cheesy new DLR Best Of suggests our man is getting a bit restless and / or desperate.

Maybe he should get a manager to remind him that he just had a number two album last year and a successful tour. Why the fuck he would get involved in this beats me.

DLR Bridge
11-21-2013, 09:41 PM
http://youtu.be/nFfj4wYvxYM

"...another one of are bar songs. here we go..."

The breakdown in this song is hysterical.

"m,m,m,m,m,m,m, yeh yeh yeh. m,m,m,m,m,m, yeh yeh yeh."

twonabomber
11-21-2013, 10:13 PM

Maybe the Kinks "Low Budget" is on the setlist?

VAiN
11-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Ummm.. This can't be real..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/ymy7a5a6.jpg

WARF
11-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Powered by web site builder?

Give me a break!

DFVH5150
11-22-2013, 02:38 AM
I don't think Dave has ever shared a stage with anyone outside of VH or his own band since 1978, so how can this be? Obviously nothing happened during the big '02 tour with Sam despite Hagar's supposed many attempts--DLR's gotta be the star of the show in the spotlight. That's his bag. As it should be, because he does rule.

I think I saw a pic of him and Billy Squier on stage at a small club once? Maybe he joined Top Jimmy before? That's about it.

Aside from his appearance at the Lilith Fair encore of course.

Although with his connection to Edgar Winter--still...nah.

vandeleur
11-22-2013, 03:36 AM
Powered by web site builder?

Give me a break!

One break come .... fuck it :D

Von Halen
11-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Why isn't Dave's picture a current one?

fryingdutchman
11-22-2013, 09:48 AM

Agreed.

But then again the website design is pretty much commensurate with the talent lineup. DLR should steer clear of this.

Someone should tell them that light orange text doesn't really show up well against a light pink background...

fryingdutchman
11-22-2013, 09:49 AM

I would guess because their web designer is a no talent hack who grabbed the first image he found on Google.

fryingdutchman
11-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Or because they want to try and fool people into thinking that they're going to hear 1980's-quality Dave instead of 2013-quality Dave.

For that you probably can't fault them...

fryingdutchman
11-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I understand that Gary Cherone is booked for Sausagefest....

sonrisa salvaje
11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
I would bet it won't be long before Dave's name magically disappears from this speculative show. It is probaby just a trick to get some ticket sales going. The biggest news coming out of this will be that Rick Derringer is still alive. Who knew?

WARF
11-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Because this is obviously a troll.

HAHA!!!

Rick Derringer?!?!?!

Let me guess... Hulk Hogan is gonna come out on stage during real american and toss bandanna's into the audience....

Anyone who believes this tour is real needs to get psych meds!

Zing!
11-22-2013, 11:19 AM
There's a certain brilliance to the Troll's website though. The page design and Rick Derringer are hysterical. Plus DLR - I'm liking it!

WARF
11-22-2013, 11:38 AM
There's a certain brilliance to the Troll's website though. The page design and Rick Derringer are hysterical. Plus DLR - I'm liking it!

I hope tickets go on sale via his paypal and everyone gets ripped off for falling for such a lame troll lol

Yes, there is a brilliance. It's laughable. Rick Fucking Derringer?!? They got a picture of DLR from like 1982 hahaha....

Anyone who buys something from that site deserves to get ripped off!

I hope this guy makes $1,000 and rides off into the sunset. (That's probably all her will make)

$10 cover hahaahahahaha

You can also buy the ticket in advance...... I can't wait for the tour dates

Circle K May 31st
7-11 JUNE 2ND
THE GOLDEN CORRAL JUNE 5TH

ELVIS
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I call BS...

big fatty
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. No idea wtf to make of it. :confused1:

He did mention this tour on the Artie Lange show recently. :doh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rILKwTVDIGM

WARF
11-22-2013, 02:30 PM

He says he's trying to get DLR for this tour at 6:42

big fatty
11-22-2013, 03:03 PM
He says he's trying to get DLR for this tour at 6:42

Yeah, I know. I put question marks in both posts and thread title so it would be clear I am not stating this as fact. DLR is listed there on the tour dates. I didn't make this shit up. It is there because of Rick Derringer, and I'm just as puzzled as everyone else. I strongly suspect it will not happen either, but WHY is DLR's name listed.

Supposedly, Robin Zander is confirmed, according to Derringer. He said he is " TRYING " to get DLR, but why his name is already listed on Rick Derringer's website without solid confirmation, I have no idea.

WARF
11-22-2013, 03:07 PM
That's not Rick Derringer's web site! This is his web site http://www.rickderringer.com/home.html that bandanna fest site was made by someone completely different. Any idiot can make a site with a web site builder and buy a domain.

Anyways... besides Roth I don't have very much interest with the rest of the bands.

They should call this MULLETFEST instead with all the fat middle aged men roaming around lol

VAiN
11-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Wow.. that video.. what a rough looking bunch! The guy with the sleeveless shirt is awesome!

Zing!
11-22-2013, 08:24 PM

They shoulda used this pic.

cadaverdog
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
There used to be a band from San Diego that did humorous covers like Wierd Al called Dave Bradley and the Maniacs. Might be the same dude.

mug
11-22-2013, 10:26 PM
He said there tour fell through vh's

cadaverdog
11-23-2013, 04:43 AM
You shouldn't drink and post. He said VH's tour fell through. Luckilly I read drunk and understood your lingo.

cadaverdog
11-23-2013, 04:49 AM
Ummm.. This can't be real..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/ymy7a5a6.jpg
I've seen Name Goes Here and Here. Last time Name Goes Here was the opening act.

cadaverdog
11-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Here should tour with The Who. Maybe Them could play a couple dates.

binnie
11-23-2013, 05:53 AM
I probably should know who Rick Derringer is.............

VHscraps
11-23-2013, 06:45 AM
If you're under, say, 45-55 years of age there's no reason why you would know who he is, really, unless you are an archeologist of rock'n'roll.

None of the bands he was in had much impact outside the US. I think his biggest UK hit was 'Hang on Sloopy', by the McCoys - in 1965, with Derringer on vocals and guitar, which has a kinda reggae lilt to it, which is unusual for that time [LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_On_Sloopy)]. It reached #5 in the UK and #1 in the US.

Apart from that, I think I next heard him on a CBS UK sampler in 1980, called Killer Watts, but even then he seemed like somebody whose career the record company were trying to revive on the back of the new interest in metal.

http://ring.cdandlp.com/picpus/photo_grande/114099241.jpg

I later owned some Edgar Winter Band albums, but have to admit - despite them being an influence on VH - I never really got into them.

If you were doing a Family Tree of VH, though - like Pete Frame's famous Rock Family Trees (see example at this LINK (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l8qOzMVSItE/TWGpw41Pq_I/AAAAAAAAAFU/L3-cEs1kt34/s1600/Picture+13.png)) - they'd be in there, not just because of the Edgar Winter connection with DLR's solo stuff, but also because his band on They Only come Out at Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Only_Come_Out_at_Night) featured future H@gar collaborators Ronnie Montrose and ... the drummer, whose name escapes me - ah, Chuck Ruff, and earlier his bass player Bill Church.

twonabomber
11-23-2013, 07:35 AM
If you're under, say, 45-55 years of age there's no reason why you would know who he is, really, unless you are an archeologist of rock'n'roll.

None of the bands he was in had much impact outside the US. I think his biggest UK hit was 'Hang on Sloopy', by the McCoys - in 1965, with Derringer on vocals and guitar, which has a kinda reggae lilt to it, which is unusual for that time [LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_On_Sloopy)]. It reached #5 in the UK and #1 in the US.

Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo wasn't a hit over there?

Derringer also played with Cyndi Lauper from '86 to '92.

VHscraps
11-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo wasn't a hit over there?

Don't think it was a hit here ... I hope Cyndi enjoyed that. Girls just wanna have fun, after all

P.S. I found a list of 1974 singles HERE (http://www.jugi3.ch/homepage/seventieshits74.htm), and it only lists it as a US Hit.

twonabomber
11-23-2013, 08:42 AM
... I hope Cyndi enjoyed that. Girls just wanna have fun, after all

I think they were both on CBS Records. I figured the label didn't know what to do with Derringer and dumped him on Lauper. Or that Derringer had enough road experience that he could act as a babysitter/mentor for the new artist Lauper.

DLR Bridge
11-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Just read that Rick did the solo to Weird Al's "Eat it". That's pretty funny, considering Ed supposedly booted Rick off a tour in '79 or '80 for playing bits off Eruption during his set.

cadaverdog
11-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Just read that Rick did the solo to Weird Al's "Eat it". That's pretty funny, considering Ed supposedly booted Rick off a tour in '79 or '80 for playing bits off Eruption during his set.
I thought Joe Thunder did that solo.

big fatty
11-23-2013, 02:30 PM
That's not Rick Derringer's web site! This is his web site http://www.rickderringer.com/home.html that bandanna fest site was made by someone completely different. Any idiot can make a site with a web site builder and buy a domain.

Well that would explain it. Most likely some sneaky wiseass bastard saw the interview then quickly slapped that webpage together for some bizarre fucked up reason. Who the fuck does that, and what do they gain. Crazy how some people get their kicks.

After a second look, I noticed the tickets cost $10, so that should in itself be a dead giveaway. No mention of anything on Derringer's official site, so he probably doesn't even know about it yet.

After reading up on him found out he also played the solo on " Under My Wheels " from Alice Cooper's album " Killer ", one of my favorites. As well as " Exciter " from KISS's " Lick It Up " album. I remember him from Edgar Winter's Shock Treatment album. Had no idea he was still active. Evidently he also occasionaly plays Christian Rock.

fryingdutchman
11-26-2013, 07:16 AM

Dynamite drop-in Monty...

That broadcast school has REALLY paid off!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uSNmCwFi0u0/TyiUenl06BI/AAAAAAAAMWg/NaHwTEvh-a0/s1600/uecker.jpg

Seshmeister
11-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Evidently he also occasionaly plays Christian Rock.

He's not making Christianity any better, he's just making Rock worse...

twonabomber
11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
If there's any chance I'm going to get ambushed and have to listen to his "message" then there's a good chance I wouldn't bother going.

WARF
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I think this is just a gimmick to cover all their bald spots!

WARF's Vagina
11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Any idiot can make a site with a web site builder and buy a domain.

You would know. :gulp:

cadaverdog
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
You would know. :gulp:
You're trying awfully hard to make someone think you're LoungeMachine but I don't think anyone's buying it.

WARF's Vagina
11-26-2013, 08:27 PM
You're trying awfully hard to make someone think you're LoungeMachine but I don't think anyone's buying it.

How? Because I use the gulp smilie? Didn't know there were restrictions sockfucker?

cadaverdog
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
How? Because I use the gulp smilie? Didn't know there were restrictions sockfucker?
There isn't as far as I know dicklicker. But that's a Lounge trademark smiley. A more appropriate one for you is a faggot smiley giving another one a blow job.

WARF's Vagina
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Listen sockfucker I and anyone else for that matter can use any smilie they wish. I do not know LoungeMachine from a hole in the wall no offense intended its just a smilie.

now kindly go fuck yourself and head on back to DLRF with your teeth in place and head held high. :599:

Satan
11-26-2013, 08:42 PM
There isn't as far as I know dicklicker. But that's a Lounge trademark smiley.

It is?

Funny, I always thought that was a FORD trademark, because it looks like a pint of stout, and it goes with his whole Beercyclopedia beer review thing.

On the other horn, nobody can dispute YOUR trademark smiley...... :sockfucker:

cadaverdog
11-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Listen sockfucker I and anyone else for that matter can use any smilie they wish. I do not know LoungeMachine from a hole in the wall no offense intended its just a smilie.

now kindly go fuck yourself and head on back to DLRF with your teeth in place and head held high. :599:
I hold my head high wherever I go shitfer.

cadaverdog
11-26-2013, 08:48 PM
It is?

Funny, I always thought that was a FORD trademark, because it looks like a pint of stout, and it goes with his whole Beercyclopedia beer review thing.

On the other horn, nobody can dispute YOUR trademark smiley...... :sockfucker:
Fords trademark is three letters. a B, a C and an E. Put them together and you get BCE.

chefcraig
11-27-2013, 08:34 AM

None of the bands he was in had much impact outside the US. I think his biggest UK hit was 'Hang on Sloopy', by the McCoys - in 1965, with Derringer on vocals and guitar, which has a kinda reggae lilt to it, which is unusual for that time. It reached #5 in the UK and #1 in the US.

Apart from that, I think I next heard him on a CBS UK sampler in 1980, called Killer Watts, but even then he seemed like somebody whose career the record company were trying to revive on the back of the new interest in metal.
I later owned some Edgar Winter Band albums, but have to admit - despite them being an influence on VH - I never really got into them.

If you were doing a Family Tree of VH, though - like Pete Frame's famous Rock Family Trees (see example at this LINK (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l8qOzMVSItE/TWGpw41Pq_I/AAAAAAAAAFU/L3-cEs1kt34/s1600/Picture+13.png)) - they'd be in there, not just because of the Edgar Winter connection with DLR's solo stuff, but also because his band on They Only come Out at Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Only_Come_Out_at_Night) featured future H@gar collaborators Ronnie Montrose and ... the drummer, whose name escapes me - ah, Chuck Ruff, and earlier his bass player Bill Church.

If you were of a certain age (like mine) in the early to mid-1970s, Rick Derringer was a God-like figure. (Notice I didn't exactly commit to saying God, Mr. Clapton.) This is a guy that went from "Hang On Sloopy" (a track as memorable and ingrained in the American brain-trust as "Louie, Louie," "Wild Thing" and "Crimson & Clover" as anything else in the garage rock genre) to being the second guitar in the astonishing Johnny Winter And, a band that was nothing short of an unstoppable force of nature live. Just check out the Johnny Winter And Live album for a hint. Two lead guitarists, showing little if any interest in what the other was doing, just blasting away, at times defiantly playing over each other. Pure magic, in a dissonant way that would make Lou Reed pleased. He then put out the All American Boy album, a bizarre attempt at attracting youngsters with a glam-rock facade to it, helped by the fact that at the time, Derringer was a dead wringer for Suzi Quatro. The tunes were equally awful.

Somewhere along the line, Derringer ended up in the producer's chair. He put together what is unarguably Johnny Winter's finest album Still Alive And Well, then moved on to play and produce the Edgar Winter Group. This was an odd move, as Edgar inexplicably believed that pairing Donnie & Marie-ish pop tunes (largely written by Dan Hartman) with gut-bucket blues and soul would be a good idea. Needless to say, for kids growing up in the mid-1970s, this was a baffling, if not a non-graspable concept and a fairly hard sell. (Of course, I liked it, then again I like everything short of opera).

Next came the outstanding Derringer band, which was pretty much an update of Johnny Winter And, with two lead guitars creating a bunch of noise. And I swear to you, I'll go to my grave believing Edward Van Halen got the idea for covering The Kinks' "You Really Got Me" from that Derringer live album, although the bum (EVH) will never own up to it, despite the fact that VH regularly covered a handful of Edgar Winter Group tunes in their bar band/backyard party days.

In any event, Derringer went on to play with Steely Dan, Cindi Lauper, Hulk Hogan and Weird Al. Hey, ya have to put food on the table somehow...

And yeah, I admit to being "an archeologist of rock'n'roll". Beats the living shit out of being a prostate examiner, ya know? :D

Diamondjimi
11-27-2013, 08:55 AM

I thought Artie Lang dropped dead after he sliced his own throat....

twonabomber
11-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Artie stabbed himself in the stomach, not throat.

DLR Bridge
11-27-2013, 10:07 AM
... And I swear to you, I'll go to my grave believing Edward Van Halen got the idea for covering The Kinks' "You Really Got Me" from that Derringer live album, although the bum (EVH) will never own up to it, despite the fact that VH regularly covered a handful of Edgar Winter Group tunes in their bar band/backyard party days.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm going to have to check that out. Have you seen the clips posted at the Van Halen Rising Tumblr site? There's one of a Grand Funk Railroad song that clearly inspired the beginning of So This Is Love? and another of a song by Cactus that the crash intro of Eruption was clearly taken from. I had also once heard a piece of music by Tommy Bolin and Jan Hammer that sounded a lot like the beginning of Hot For Teacher. I don't think there's anything wrong with this sort of nod or influence, but I agree with you Chef, that some acknowledgement would be nice.

chefcraig
11-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm going to have to check that out. Have you seen the clips posted at the Van Halen Rising Tumblr site? There's one of a Grand Funk Railroad song that clearly inspired the beginning of So This Is Love? and another of a song by Cactus that the crash intro of Eruption was clearly taken from. I had also once heard a piece of music by Tommy Bolin and Jan Hammer that sounded a lot like the beginning of Hot For Teacher. I don't think there's anything wrong with this sort of nod or influence, but I agree with you Chef, that some acknowledgement would be nice.

Indeed, the GF song is called "Footstomping Music," which is obviously a boogie that just about every garage band in the United States learned to play in that era. The Cactus tune is called "Let Me Swim," which should sound astoundingly familiar at the beginning (see below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdp3FtLYjvE

chefcraig
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
The Bolin/Hammer track comes from drummer Billy Cobham's Spectrum album, from a song called "Quadrant 4." Honestly, it's hard to tell who plays what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLMb6RniGrU