PDA

View Full Version : number 1 again

tjvhou812
06-29-2004, 10:58 PM
http://www.pollstar.com/news/top50.pl

ALinChainz
06-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Doesn't matter.

Although this is about the 100th thread concerning this meaningless list.

All it means is that a lot of tickets are being bought up and given away, and once the fans get there, the newspapers reviews tell us that Sammy sucks.

So I guess in a way, more people are seeing Sammy suck than the other tours out there.

But, VH is on the "in trouble" list also.

Dude, why do you even try to convince anyone here that you are any kind of Dave fan? You're plastic.

MAX
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/158255-9226-062.html

Concert promoters play let's make a deal
To drum up business, several shows discount tickets

July may be the busiest month of the year for live music, and concert promoters really would like to see you at one of their shows.

Deals for customers are coming fast and furious as some of music's biggest names struggle to sell a profitable amount of tickets.

But the aggressiveness to fill the venue for Van Halen's current reunion tour may be unmatched.

Tickets for the band's Thursday show at Verizon went on sale May 8 for $92.50 in the pavilion and $40.50 on the lawn.

On June 3, Clear Channel discounted lawn seating to $25, with all parking and ticket service fees included. A $10 food voucher also is part of the deal.

Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of concert industry magazine Pollstar, wasn't surprised by the move.

"There are some tours out this summer that are doing considerably less business than had been projected -- I'm not going to name any names," he says. "There's reason to motivate people with price. You can't start over again and re-price the entire show. But you can certainly discount seats."

The Van Halen offer, Bongiovanni says, draws attention as an extreme bargain.

kennyboy
06-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey Dipshit Superstar! Tune into your local classic rock station and WIN some FREE Van Hagar tix! Just be caller #7! Then EAT MY ASS, BITCH!

MAX
06-29-2004, 11:06 PM
http://tinyurl.com/39rgw

Marc Geiger of the William Morris Agency in Los Angeles.

Mr. Geiger, citing poor sales for the Dead, Dave Matthews, Van Halen and Kiss. "My question is, what is doing well?" he said. But not all promoters agreed that the summer concert business was in a slump.

Seth Hurwitz, an independent promoter in Washington who booked Lollapalooza into the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md., said that there was waning interest in aging alternative rock acts like the ones on the Lollapalooza tour.

"How well is Morrissey going to do in the Midwest?" he said. "I wouldn't venture to guess. The problem is that there is just not a really large interest in alternative music. What was called alternative in the 90's
was exploding with something new, with Pearl Jam and Nirvana. It was exciting stuff."

Mr. Hurwitz said many of his concerts, including those by younger acts like Evanescence and Three Doors Down, were selling well.

"They tried to pull together Morrissey and Sonic Youth," he said, on an alternative bill. "But there are not enough people who care about it."

dysfunction
06-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
the newspapers reviews tell us that Sammy sucks.

Oh yeah the 2 or 3 out of the 100 or so that have been written.

Greenbuds
06-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Can't these idiots read?

Van Halen is number one in pollstar BY SEARCH.

Not by tickets sold.

NUMBER 1 BY SEARCH.

It's all the Roth fans SEARCHING for empty seats.

THAT'S ALL IT IS.

The tour is doing poorly confirmed by major newspapersa round the country. Give it a rest and go back to the links, moderationboy.

dysfunction
06-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Greenbuds
The tour is doing poorly confirmed by major newspapersa round the country.

But still the #1 tour in the country. Doesn't matter if there are 25,000 people or 2,500 at the concert. Can you read?

ALinChainz
06-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by MAX

But the aggressiveness to fill the venue for Van Halen's current reunion tour may be unmatched.

Tickets for the band's Thursday show at Verizon went on sale May 8 for $92.50 in the pavilion and $40.50 on the lawn.

On June 3, Clear Channel discounted lawn seating to $25, with all parking and ticket service fees included. A $10 food voucher also is part of the deal.

Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of concert industry magazine Pollstar, wasn't surprised by the move.

"There are some tours out this summer that are doing considerably less business than had been projected -- I'm not going to name any names," he says. "There's reason to motivate people with price. You can't start over again and re-price the entire show. But you can certainly discount seats."

The Van Halen offer, Bongiovanni says, draws attention as an extreme bargain.

Max rules.

This says it all, even by Mr. Pollstar. Cannot argue it. Throwing in food and dockinig the price by a ton.

That's real impressive.

rustoffa
06-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
But still the #1 tour in the country. Doesn't matter if there are 25,000 people or 2,500 at the concert. Can you read?

I read it.....they edged out the fucking cure by a cork. You probably piss your pants when the shoes fit.

dysfunction
06-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I read it.....they edged out the fucking cure by a cork. You probably piss your pants when the shoes fit.

Did they edge them?

Baby's On Fire
06-29-2004, 11:28 PM
VH will be in Toronto on July 3. One of three radio stations that will be giving away tickets said they have literally a wheelbarrell full of tickets to give away.

How many tickets will 3 whellbarrells hold? Half the audience will be freebies from the radio stations.

MAX
06-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Max rules.

Thanks my friend but I cannot take the credit cos I pasted it from Brett's.

Also, fuck me man!!! YOU RULE!!!! :gulp:

Matt White
06-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Remember back in the day when VH would sell out in a matter of hours? If you were lucky! Now, its take weeks, if not a month or more for MOST of the tickets to sell? This tour is a sham, and the public, i.e. real VH fans, knew it from the start.

ALinChainz
06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Ah, but the timing Max, this thread wasn't open that long and BOOM, you deliver the cold hard facts.

I'll have to say it is cool that someone at the links is making it heard.

Amongst the "herd".

MAX
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Remember back in the day when VH would sell out in a matter of hours? If you were lucky! Now, its take weeks, if not a month or more for MOST of the tickets to sell? This tour is a sham, and the public, i.e. real VH fans, knew it from the start.

LMAO!!! I remember my first Halen show (84) here in SLC sold out in a RECORD 20 or 40 minutes!!! I cannot remember but it was a big deal and made the news. Van Hagar are coming here in a month or so and the radio doesn't promote it and I don't know ANYONE who is going or gives a shit? Mark my words guys, the show here will be one of the worst selling venues on this tour. To be fair, there is NO promotion at all and the only CC channel that debuted the new song only played it a couple of times the first week. Nobody cared enough for it to go into rotation. Also, it doesn't help that you rarely if ever hear ANY Van Hagar on the classic stations? Actually, our three classic rock stations are not that bad.

POJO_Risin
06-30-2004, 12:01 AM
It's funny when you think about it...Van Hagar is failing...period...

Hagar fans hate comparing shit to Roth...

so...let's compare it to...well...Van Hagar...

Hey Pissboy club...were more tickets sold or less tickets sold on this tour...than on past HAGAR SHOWS?

ANSWER PLEASE?

POJO_Risin
Waiting.....

POJO_Risin
Still waiting....

rustoffa
06-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Max rules.

This says it all, even by Mr. Pollstar. Cannot argue it. Throwing in food and dockinig the price by a ton.

That's real impressive.

No doubt.....good on ya Max.:D

POJO_Risin
06-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Alright...I'll tell you...

worse...

1. They suck even worse than they did when Sammy was thinner...christ...that had to be a long time ago...

2. They aren't relevant anymore because Ed's a fucking drunk dickhead...who's alienated fucking everyone except the pissboy club...and idiots that weren't around in 1984 who think that this version of Van Halen is as cool as that dipshit from Saturday Night Live who shot his load when "Guns and Roses" performed at the MTV Music Awards a couple of years ago with buckethead...Fallon....

This tour blows...period...

Panamark
06-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Greenbuds
Can't these idiots read?

It's all the Roth fans SEARCHING for empty seats.

Thats fucking hillarious, and ironic. Us fuckers are checking out
how poorly they are doing and giving them a higher rating..
hahahahaha..

They rely on us for everything !!

POJO_Risin
06-30-2004, 12:28 AM
You wanna know when you know a tour is doing shitty?

POJO_Risin
06-30-2004, 12:29 AM
When you HAVE to check fucking Pollstar every day to find out sales of tickets...

lmfao...

what a joke...

guwapo_rocker
06-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Win Van Halen tickets...

Just be caller number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8............101, 102,
103.......1001, 1002, 1003 etc etc!!!!!!:lol:

scottydabodi
06-30-2004, 01:22 AM
The sad state of affairs at hand is that this is how Eddie's gonna go down. This is the final flight of Eddie the legendary guitarist. And you know what? HE CAN KISS MY ASS!!! I saw Brian Young with DLR fuckin' SMOKE Eddie at his own game... F-U, Eddie, because you could've gotten Dave in for the best reunion tour ever, and made everyone who made you who you are HAPPY. That would be us, the true VH fans. :fucku: We were there when "Eruption" first came out, and we're the ones that fuckin' made you famous!!! So how do repay us? You fucking try to dick us over for some BEER MONEY!! AND ON TOP OF THAT, YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE SONGS RIGHT!!!!!!!:mad2: Eddie, you can go fuck yourself, for not wanting to hear Dave tell you what riffs are good, and what riffs are bad. You can go to Hell you PUSSYASS, SPHINCTER LICKER!! You and ALL of your "Fancy" Jackson/Charvel guitars... :hogan: WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER?!?!??

scottydabodi
06-30-2004, 01:25 AM
I forgot a VERY IMPORTANT POINT to my previous post...... FUCK SAMMY!!!!!!!!!:fu: Thank you.

Greenbuds
06-30-2004, 01:29 AM
[Post #8]
Originally posted by dysfunction

Uh, sure I can read, that's why you're wrong. Where does it say anywhere on that link that Van Halen is the number 1 tour in the country???

It is the Pollstar top 50 by concert search.

It has nothing to do in anyway with ticket sales of any kind. Sorry, you're just an idiot that can't read. It's people searching for tickets, checking for prices, checking for empty seats, sheep hitting refresh so VH gets more hits etc.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TICKET SALES OR BEING THE NUMBER ONE TOUR IN THE COUNTRY.

WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING SHEEP GET????

Baby's On Fire
06-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I forgot a VERY IMPORTANT POINT to my previous post...... FUCK SAMMY!!!!!!!!!:fu: Thank you.

I agree with all your sentiments. But why don't you go find yourself a bitch with some REAL TITS?

Dan
06-30-2004, 02:38 AM
Fucking SHEEP,fucking pollstar,change the fucking record asshole.

Panamark
06-30-2004, 04:39 AM
That pollstar is a crock of shit.
Next week they will be number 10 (if we stop checking the
availability of tickets)

POJO_Risin
06-30-2004, 04:50 AM
He's probably been refreshing that page for a month now...lmfao...

gslinger
06-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
That pollstar is a crock of shit.
Next week they will be number 10 (if we stop checking the
availability of tickets)

-------------

Here’s the Pollstar Top 50 released yesterday.

As to the current Pollstar Top 50, if Diamond Dave was fronting this Tour, I would continue to tell you the same things and I’ve always posted on this subject. – These Charts and Pollstar’s Power Ranking is nothing more than an infomercial and they don’t mean shit! The rankings are based on the number of Pollstar “family” site hits for a particular band. They are not based on ticket sales, customer demand, show reviews or anything else! Just because people go to a website, DOES NOT mean they buy f—king tickets and put money in my pocket as a promoter. END OF STORY, it just total bullshit!.

Here is exactly how Pollstar defines their Power Index.

“Artists are ranked by the number of times their itinerary is requested by fans visiting the Pollstar Web site on the Internet……The Power Index is determined by ranking the artists as a percentage of the chart leader.”

This is a mealy mouth way of saying it is based on Site hits. Also notice their word RANKING. This poll is a “ranking” NOT a “rating” and there is a damn big difference in those two words in this business! Look it up if you don’t understand it.

Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of Pollstar basically admitted last week, that their top 50 Chart is totally worthless. I have attached via separate post, edited excerpts from the Indianapolis Star June 28, 2004 article -“Concert Promoters Play Let’s Make a Deal” plus URL reference to the entire article. In this June 28 article he basically states that Van Halen’s Tour is not doing well, and he states “ The Van Halen offer, Bongiovanni says, draws attention as an extreme bargain.” As a promoter you don’t offer extreme bargains if your Tour is doing well! Bongiovanni, makes this statement yet at the same time the new PollStar Top 50 Chart has Van Halen as #1. Case close!

Actually, Van Halen being #1 this week was totally expected. It works like this, people hear about all the VH Tour problems in the press, no VH sellouts to-date, “free food and parking with VH tickets deals, tons of great tickets available, some dumbass named gslinger on RothArmy saying that you can buy great upfront tickets for peanuts on Ebay and other places, and they check the deal out on a Pollstar site. It’s a curiosity deal. Still doesn’t mean they buy tickets, go to the concerts, and put money in my pocket as a promoter.

Look at the Cure as #1 on that Chart last week, it was a curiosity deal. That band sucks, they are not a material ticket draw!

Why is Madonna 17 last week and 7 this week on Pollstar, when her concert Tour is presently #1 in ticket sales and gross revenue for her Tour?

Why is Prince 11 last week and 14 this week, when his Tour is also one of the top producing Tour’s this year? That concert was sold out when it played in my city, not that I went.

Why is Velvet Revolver, 20 last week, and 19 this week on Pollstar, when all but one concert has been sold out on their Tour and their hit single Slither has a stranglehold at #1 on both R&R and BillBoard respective charts?

Why is Jimmy Buffet, 24 last week and 20 this week on Pollstar, when he is #1 on Billboard BoxScore as the biggest concert draw, both tickets and dollars for the reporting period?

It’s because with Spammy fronting Van Halen the Chart is worthless!

It’s because with David Lee Roth fronting Van Halen the Chart is worthless!

Simply stated – THE CHART IS WORTHLESS as a gauge of real customer demand, ticket sales, and Tour success.

<center>* * This is the last time I will be reporting on this Chart – Thanks * *</center>

gslinger
06-30-2004, 08:40 AM
There have been 11 negative news articles about the Van Halen Tour not doing well in the last 15 days

Here one:

gslinger
06-30-2004, 08:57 AM
2038402384023894237492-33045830958

gslinger
06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
http://www.pollstar.com/news/top50.pl

I like you cocksuckers that come on this Board and think you have one fucking clue what you are talking about...

Here's your hero fuckstick!
-------------------------------

Roth kills Sam
06-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Fucking SHEEP,fucking pollstar,change the fucking record asshole.

well that about sums it up

gslinger
06-30-2004, 09:11 AM
"Yeah you Spammy, bring that shit to me cock boy!"

Pix courtesy of brianjayy
Byline courtesy gigolo

Hollywood Jesus
06-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
I agree with all your sentiments. But why don't you go find yourself a bitch with some REAL TITS?

Man, that's a nice pair. And they most assuredly are Real, brother. Yeah, this particular set are a little played out right now, but I loves 'em.

Never discourage Tit Revelation, my friend. If you don't like 'em, post something better and let us judge 'em all!

It's funny to see the sheep squirm on these ticket sales. Maybe Dave embarassed himself on Leno, but it was one night. This flame out is set to last for a few more dates. *evil belly laugh*

And, Dysfunction, where did the Carmen avatar go? Looks like your an Insane Clown Posse guy now. And if that's supposed to be Dave, thanks... He really is the greatest show on earth.

EmpyreLounge44
06-30-2004, 09:40 AM
the biggest problem with tours in general is not who is touring, its the pricing. who really wants to spend close to $100 for one ticket to a show?and i saw Velvet Revolver mentioned...they are smart in playing the smaller clubs, there is such a buzz about them that it is almost impossible to get tickets to and creating such a buzz that when they come back later in the year (i've heard with the darkness) that the buzz will be there and they will be able to easily sell out the much larger venues then what they are in now

DavidLeeNatra
06-30-2004, 09:42 AM
I wonder how much their sponsor "pepsi" like this picture :D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=117238

gigolo
06-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I wonder how much their sponsor "pepsi" like this picture :D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=117238

You mean "poopsi"?

”Me, nawwwww I never have to go to the can. I just take a dump in my hat, then put it back on! I can go a good two weeks before I have to empty it!”

Source: Roth Army: Spammy Fagar Hall of Shame
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6329&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Roth kills Sam
06-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
the biggest problem with tours in general is not who is touring, its the pricing. who really wants to spend close to $100 for one ticket to a show?

Sorry HAGAR FAG, but people are willing to spend $100 to see a GREAT BAND

HAGAR HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING GREAT IN HIS CAREER

YOU SUCK

HAGAR SUCKS

GO BACK TO THE VHLINKS WHERE YOU BELONG

rustoffa
06-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
the biggest problem with tours in general is not who is touring

It's certainly a problem with summer tours. You know the type:
Nostalgia trips down memory lane designed specifically for the
casual fan cretins ready to bust out their cargo shorts. "Hey honey,
REO's gonna be at tha amfatheeater!!" The van hagar train wreck
we're all witnessing is shockingly similair. A one-off, thrown together,
sloppy rehash. Make no mistake, this thing was cuntceived for a
hit and run Gary Busey style.

tjvhou812
06-30-2004, 09:23 PM
it dosnt matter the tour isnt floppin

scottydabodi
06-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey, man, I don't even know who that chick IS. Some silly broad sent me that photo in the email... chicks I fuck gots BOOBS.:boobs:

RogueHorseman
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha ha haaaa....

gslinger
07-01-2004, 12:09 AM

Posted by T.V.

oh really, not based on the facts xoxoxo Trixie

POJO_Risin
07-01-2004, 12:19 AM

Now there is a post with substance...a post with facts based behind it...

it's interesting that Hagar fans have just plain accepted the fact that this band is flopping with Hagar fronting it...

dude...be a man...admit it...

"Van Halen" giving away 1/3 of their tickets...isn't doing well IN ANY FUCKING ERA...

and no surprise here...

Good to see they're giving Hilary Duff a run for her money...

gslinger
07-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Posted by T.V.

gslinger
07-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Posted by T.V.

interesting, xoxoxo Trixie

BillBoard Magazine Sued for $29 Million

Billboard has lost $4 million year to date

“Panhandling” to Warner Music Group (“WMG”) Alleged

Note: WMG is the owner of Van Halen’s “back catalog” and the bands current producer/distributor of their latest CD’s release

http://preview.foliomag.com/people/vnu_suit/