X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Good luck ringtone

So I'm at the checkout today - ringing away. Guy is getting some stuff - and his phone rings. What is said ringtone? "Eruption"! I get all excited and tell him what a Van Halen Fan I am and that I have Panama as a ringtone. My bagger says she met Sammy Hagar at an airport once. I tell her I'm sorry for her. The guy laughs and says "oh we have a diehard fan here". I say "Dave or the Grave, baby."

Hearing VH at work, on the radio before, or this time, during; has always been good luck. Means a good day. Well right after that, the Manager offered me the chance to become permanent at my job. Something I've hoped for for a year.

You should all have VH ringtones.

Oh dear.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

may the odds always be in your favor
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
      So I'm at the checkout today - ringing away. Guy is getting some stuff - and his phone rings. What is said ringtone? "Eruption"! I get all excited and tell him what a Van Halen Fan I am and that I have Panama as a ringtone. My bagger says she met Sammy Hagar at an airport once. I tell her I'm sorry for her. The guy laughs and says "oh we have a diehard fan here". I say "Dave or the Grave, baby."

Hearing VH at work, on the radio before, or this time, during; has always been good luck. Means a good day. Well right after that, the Manager offered me the chance to become permanent at my job. Something I've hoped for for a year.

You should all have VH ringtones.
      I don't do ringtones but I hope you get the job. I've worked several temp to hire jobs the last couple years and none of them offered to hire me direct even though I passed the probation period. Most of the companies I worked for only hire a few people direct and they usually are the ones that backstab their way to the job. One company out here told the city they would only hire temps during the busy season and direct hire everybody that worked there for 90 days. Then they hired nothing but temps and worked them for six months and told them they were done. I worked there for four months at minimum wage before I found out they weren't hiring anyone direct except for upper management until they found out if the union was going to be voted in. It was and now they have to hire you if you make it through the probation period. If the union hadn't been voted in the city was going to sue the company for not keeping their promises after the city gave them the land, the building and numerous tax breaks to get them to relocate there.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Good deal, great to hear!

BTW, my phone rocks Eruption too.
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

I made my own ringtone by cutting out the outro of Hot for Teacher 5 years ago, it goes "Oh yes I'm HOT........ Whoaaaaow!" in a loop.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Congrats! That's great news! I have the intro to Women in Love as my ringtone. If you cut it just right it's totally seamless and a pretty killer ringtone. I can't take credit for it, my buddy did it first.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

My ringtone is the very start of HOP

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                My ringtone is the very start of HOP
                Oh, good one.. I may to rip that off as well!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Eruption's pretty cool. How about Intruder?
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Upload these fuckin' cool ringtones to Zedge, bitches!!!

Share the love!
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Congrats! That's great news! I have the intro to Women in Love as my ringtone. If you cut it just right it's totally seamless and a pretty killer ringtone. I can't take credit for it, my buddy did it first.
                      Willing to share that bad boy?
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2004

Perhaps the intro to Mean Streets?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Scorcese movie?

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2004

Perhaps the intro to Mean Streets?

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Nov 2004

Shit! Sorry about the double post. Just got this phone and still getting the hang of it. Nope, the guitar tapping from the song. Maybe we should develop an app that will have these ideas.

Comment

Working...