PDA

View Full Version : New novel features characters discussing how to assassinate Bush

Ally_Kat
06-30-2004, 12:56 AM
The angry author, a literary storm and 'one dead armadillo'
By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
30 June 2004

After the recent flurry of damning political memoirs, not to mention Michael Moore's box-office busting documentaryFahrenheit 9/11, the Bush administration might feel it has been dumped on quite enough for one election season.

But the worst may be yet to come, in the unlikeliest of forms: a slim volume of fiction from the ordinarily mild-mannered minimalist Nicholson Baker.

Mr Baker's new novel, Checkpoint, features two characters who spend much of its 115 pages discussing how to assassinate President George Bush. They don't actually do the deed, or even attempt it, but the book is - according to early snippets - replete with deep-seated anger and elegantly nasty epithets hurled at both the President and his cabinet.

Mr Baker's publisher, Alfred Knopf, plans to release the book on 24 August, on the eve of the Republican National Convention in New York. To call it a provocation would be an understatement. The author and publishers have no intention of giving anybody ideas - to do so would be a criminal offence - but they are certainly playing very close to the edge in a United States that, in the wake of the 11 September attacks, has shown no compunction about locking people up and asking questions later, free speech rights be damned.

There was no immediate official reaction yesterday after extracts from Checkpoint were published in The Washington Post. A spokesman for the Secret Service, the uniformed outfit charged with protecting the President and other officials, told the Post merely that "without seeing the work, a determination can't be made at this time".

Likewise, it is impossible to tell whether Mr Baker's book will become a lightning rod for the competing political passions that have divided the country, particularly over the war in Iraq and its aftermath. Unlike Michael Moore, he has never laid claim to a populist mantle or sought to attract attention to himself through overt rabble-rousing.

Rather, his invariably short, literary novels - The Mezzanine, U and I, A Box of Matches - have tended to dwell on such mundane activities as riding an escalator, tying one's shoelaces and weeding. Only Vox (1995) raised any eyebrows because it dealt with the topic of phone sex. In the pages of The New Yorker and in subsequent published essays, Mr Baker has also railed against the over-hasty introduction of digital record-keeping in public libraries and the abandonment of paper - not exactly an issue to induce the White House security detail to reach for their revolvers.

Checkpoint, though, is clearly something else. According to the Post's account, its two protagonists, Ben and Jay, talk down and dirty about the Bush administration into a tape recorder during an in-room lunch at a Washington hotel. Jay announces he's going to assassinate the President, and the men proceed to talk about both why and how he might do such a thing.

By the sounds of it, the novel is hardly The Anarchist's Cookbook - the fanciful methods the two men consider to take out the most powerful politician on the planet include using radio-controlled flying saws. Another tactic they discuss is a remote-controlled boulder made of depleted uranium. Ben asks Jay: "You're going to squash the President?" Jay also has a gun and some bullets, but the book appears to cover its tracks somewhat by having Ben express extreme misgivings about using them. "If the FBI and the Secret Service ... come after me because I've been hanging out with you in a hotel room before you make some crazy attempt on the life of the President," Ben says, "I'm totally cooked."

More incendiary than Jay's assassination fantasies, in the end, may be the deep expressions of anger against the administration the book dwells on. In that respect it is not unlike Joseph Heller's 1979 novel Good as Gold, which included an extended rant against Henry Kissinger. The difference, though, is that Kissinger had been out of power for two years when Heller's book was published; Mr Bush is in the middle of a bruising re-election battle.

Jay says he hasn't felt so much hostility against any other president - not Nixon, not Reagan. Jay says of Mr Bush: "He is beyond the beyond. What he's done with this war. The murder of the innocent. And now the prisons. It's too much. It makes me so angry. And it's a new kind of anger, too." At one point, he calls Mr Bush an "unelected [expletive] drunken OILMAN" who is "squatting" in the White House and "muttering over his prayer book every morning." At another point, he calls Mr Bush "one dead armadillo".

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are described as "rusted hulks" and "zombies" who have "fought their way back up out of the peat bogs where they've been lying, and they're stumbling around with grubs scurrying in and out of their noses and they're going, 'We - are - your - advisors.'"

Jay expresses outrage at the munitions the United States armed forces have used in Iraq, including an updated version of napalm. Jay says of the Iraq bomb material: "It's improved fire jelly - it's even harder to put out than the stuff they used in Vietnam. And Korea. And Germany. And Japan. It just has another official name. Now it's called Mark 77. I mean, have we learnt nothing? Mark 77! I'm going to kill that bastard."

The title of the book is taken from an incident at a checkpoint south of Karbala last year, in which US forces opened fire on a Shia family of 17 travelling to southern Iraq to seek a safe haven. Several family members died, including two young girls decapitated by the gunfire.

Your linkie (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=536594)

Ally_Kat
06-30-2004, 12:57 AM
A Novel's Plot Against the President
Character Fantasizes Bush Assassination

By Linton Weeks
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 29, 2004; Page C01

In Nicholson Baker's new novella, "Checkpoint," a man sits in a Washington hotel room with a friend and talks about assassinating President Bush.

It's a work of the imagination and no attempts on the president's life are actually made, but the novel is likely to be incendiary, as with Michael Moore's documentary, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Flush with the headline-generating success of "My Life," by Bill Clinton, Alfred A. Knopf is planning to publish Baker's work Aug. 24, on the eve of the Republican National Convention. "Checkpoint" is 115 pages long and will sell for $18.

In the book, two men -- Ben and Jay -- meet at the fictional Adele Hotel and Suites in Washington. It is midday. They eat a bag of bagel chips and order lunch from room service. They talk into a tape recorder.

Ben: Obviously you have something on your mind.

Jay: That's true.

Ben: You could begin with that.

Jay: Okay. Uh. I'm going to -- okay. I'll just say it. Um.

Ben: What is it?

Jay: I'm going to assassinate the president.

Though it is against the law to threaten the president in real life, a work of fiction is usually protected by the First Amendment.

"Under a big 1968 Supreme Court precedent, Brandenburg v. Ohio, speaking of assassinating the president cannot be forbidden or punished unless the speaker's purpose is to provoke an assassination attempt and that is likely to be the effect," says legal scholar Stuart Taylor Jr. of the National Journal. "It's quite possible in the wake of more recent developments -- 9/11 especially -- the court might modify that in some kinds of cases. But it's almost inconceivable that the court would allow punishment of a novelist for what one of his characters says about killing the president."

"Without seeing the work," says Charles Bopp, a spokesman for the Secret Service, "a determination can't be made at this time."

Books have played roles in certain American tragedies. Timothy McVeigh handed out copies of "The Turner Diaries" before the Oklahoma City bombing. John Hinckley Jr., would-be assassin of Ronald Reagan, and Mark David Chapman, who killed John Lennon, both carried copies of "The Catcher in the Rye." James Edward Perry followed 22 of the recommendations in "Hit Man: A Technical Manual for Independent Contractors" in the 1993 Silver Spring contract killings of Mildred Horn, her quadriplegic son, Trevor, and Trevor's nurse, Janice Saunders, according to prosecutors.

Baker's fiction is written like a script for a two-man play. It is satirical at some points, serious at others. There are fanciful flourishes and fierce, furious fits of anger.

The critically admired Baker is a master of written-from-a-weird-angle fiction. His novel "Vox" was basically a phone-sex conversation. And "The Mezzanine" is a 135-page meditation on an escalator ride.

In "Checkpoint," the main character, Jay, rants and rages against Bush. He says he hasn't felt so much hostility against any other president -- not Nixon, not Reagan.

Of Bush, Jay says: "He is beyond the beyond. What he's done with this war. The murder of the innocent. And now the prisons. It's too much. It makes me so angry. And it's a new kind of anger, too."

He is outraged that the United States armed forces have used napalm-like bombs in Iraq. He says: "It's improved fire jelly -- it's even harder to put out than the stuff they used in Vietnam. And Korea. And Germany. And Japan. It just has another official name. Now it's called Mark 77. I mean, have we learned nothing? Mark 77! I'm going to kill that bastard."

He uses expletives to identify the president. At one point he says, "He's one dead armadillo."

Much of the book is serious polemic, based on Baker's reporting. The title, "Checkpoint," comes from a story that Jay read in the Sydney Morning Herald about a Shiite family of 17 that was seeking safe haven in southern Iraq in 2003. At a checkpoint south of Karbala, U.S. forces opened fire on the family's Land Rover. Several family members died; two young girls were decapitated by the gunfire. Jay chokes up when recounting the story to Ben.

Some of the ways Jay envisions killing the president are ludicrous. One is radio-controlled flying saws that "look like little CDs but they're ultrasharp and they're totally deadly, really nasty."

Another is a remote-controlled boulder made of depleted uranium.

"You're going to squash the president?" Ben asks Jay.

But Jay also has a gun and some bullets. And Ben realizes at one point that even if Jay is crazy, he is still talking about killing a sitting president. "If the FBI and the Secret Service . . . come after me because I've been hanging out with you in a hotel room before you make some crazy attempt on the life of the president, I'm totally cooked," Ben says. "Yes, you were talking a lot of delusional gobbledygook about homing bullets, but basically your intent was clear. I'll have to say that. I'm scared."

Jay calls Bush an "unelected [expletive] drunken OILMAN" who is "squatting" in the White House and "muttering over his prayer book every morning."

He calls Vice President Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld "rusted hulks" and "zombies" who have "fought their way back up out of the peat bogs where they've been lying, and they're stumbling around with grubs scurrying in and out of their noses and they're going, 'We -- are -- your -- advisers.' "

Cheney, Jay says, is "hunched, man, the corruption has completely hunched and gnarled him. His mouth is pulled totally over on one side of his face."

The novel, says Knopf spokesman Paul Bogaards, "is a portrait of an anguished protagonist pushed to extremes. Baker is using the framework and story structure as a narrative device to express the discontent many in America are feeling right now."

Bogaards says: "It is not the first time a novelist has chosen fiction to express their point of view about American society or politics. Upton Sinclair did it. So did John Steinbeck. Nick Baker does it with more nerve and fewer pages."

your linkie (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13374-2004Jun28.html)

Sarge's Little Helper
06-30-2004, 12:57 AM
A Novel's Plot Against the President
Character Fantasizes Bush Assassination

By Linton Weeks
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 29, 2004; Page C01

In Nicholson Baker's new novella, "Checkpoint," a man sits in a Washington hotel room with a friend and talks about assassinating President Bush.

It's a work of the imagination and no attempts on the president's life are actually made, but the novel is likely to be incendiary, as with Michael Moore's documentary, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Flush with the headline-generating success of "My Life," by Bill Clinton, Alfred A. Knopf is planning to publish Baker's work Aug. 24, on the eve of the Republican National Convention. "Checkpoint" is 115 pages long and will sell for $18.

In the book, two men -- Ben and Jay -- meet at the fictional Adele Hotel and Suites in Washington. It is midday. They eat a bag of bagel chips and order lunch from room service. They talk into a tape recorder.

Ben: Obviously you have something on your mind.

Jay: That's true.

Ben: You could begin with that.

Jay: Okay. Uh. I'm going to -- okay. I'll just say it. Um.

Ben: What is it?

Jay: I'm going to assassinate the president.

Though it is against the law to threaten the president in real life, a work of fiction is usually protected by the First Amendment.

"Under a big 1968 Supreme Court precedent, Brandenburg v. Ohio, speaking of assassinating the president cannot be forbidden or punished unless the speaker's purpose is to provoke an assassination attempt and that is likely to be the effect," says legal scholar Stuart Taylor Jr. of the National Journal. "It's quite possible in the wake of more recent developments -- 9/11 especially -- the court might modify that in some kinds of cases. But it's almost inconceivable that the court would allow punishment of a novelist for what one of his characters says about killing the president."

"Without seeing the work," says Charles Bopp, a spokesman for the Secret Service, "a determination can't be made at this time."

Books have played roles in certain American tragedies. Timothy McVeigh handed out copies of "The Turner Diaries" before the Oklahoma City bombing. John Hinckley Jr., would-be assassin of Ronald Reagan, and Mark David Chapman, who killed John Lennon, both carried copies of "The Catcher in the Rye." James Edward Perry followed 22 of the recommendations in "Hit Man: A Technical Manual for Independent Contractors" in the 1993 Silver Spring contract killings of Mildred Horn, her quadriplegic son, Trevor, and Trevor's nurse, Janice Saunders, according to prosecutors.

Baker's fiction is written like a script for a two-man play. It is satirical at some points, serious at others. There are fanciful flourishes and fierce, furious fits of anger.

The critically admired Baker is a master of written-from-a-weird-angle fiction. His novel "Vox" was basically a phone-sex conversation. And "The Mezzanine" is a 135-page meditation on an escalator ride.

In "Checkpoint," the main character, Jay, rants and rages against Bush. He says he hasn't felt so much hostility against any other president -- not Nixon, not Reagan.

Of Bush, Jay says: "He is beyond the beyond. What he's done with this war. The murder of the innocent. And now the prisons. It's too much. It makes me so angry. And it's a new kind of anger, too."

He is outraged that the United States armed forces have used napalm-like bombs in Iraq. He says: "It's improved fire jelly -- it's even harder to put out than the stuff they used in Vietnam. And Korea. And Germany. And Japan. It just has another official name. Now it's called Mark 77. I mean, have we learned nothing? Mark 77! I'm going to kill that bastard."

He uses expletives to identify the president. At one point he says, "He's one dead armadillo."

Much of the book is serious polemic, based on Baker's reporting. The title, "Checkpoint," comes from a story that Jay read in the Sydney Morning Herald about a Shiite family of 17 that was seeking safe haven in southern Iraq in 2003. At a checkpoint south of Karbala, U.S. forces opened fire on the family's Land Rover. Several family members died; two young girls were decapitated by the gunfire. Jay chokes up when recounting the story to Ben.

Some of the ways Jay envisions killing the president are ludicrous. One is radio-controlled flying saws that "look like little CDs but they're ultrasharp and they're totally deadly, really nasty."

Another is a remote-controlled boulder made of depleted uranium.

"You're going to squash the president?" Ben asks Jay.

But Jay also has a gun and some bullets. And Ben realizes at one point that even if Jay is crazy, he is still talking about killing a sitting president. "If the FBI and the Secret Service . . . come after me because I've been hanging out with you in a hotel room before you make some crazy attempt on the life of the president, I'm totally cooked," Ben says. "Yes, you were talking a lot of delusional gobbledygook about homing bullets, but basically your intent was clear. I'll have to say that. I'm scared."

Jay calls Bush an "unelected [expletive] drunken OILMAN" who is "squatting" in the White House and "muttering over his prayer book every morning."

He calls Vice President Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld "rusted hulks" and "zombies" who have "fought their way back up out of the peat bogs where they've been lying, and they're stumbling around with grubs scurrying in and out of their noses and they're going, 'We -- are -- your -- advisers.' "

Cheney, Jay says, is "hunched, man, the corruption has completely hunched and gnarled him. His mouth is pulled totally over on one side of his face."

The novel, says Knopf spokesman Paul Bogaards, "is a portrait of an anguished protagonist pushed to extremes. Baker is using the framework and story structure as a narrative device to express the discontent many in America are feeling right now."

Bogaards says: "It is not the first time a novelist has chosen fiction to express their point of view about American society or politics. Upton Sinclair did it. So did John Steinbeck. Nick Baker does it with more nerve and fewer pages."

your linkie (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13374-2004Jun28.html)

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

FORD
06-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Ridiculous....

Junior's just a puppet. Assassinating him would accomplish nothing. Arresting his entire treasonous cabal and imprisoning them for life would be far more reasonable.

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Ridiculous....

Junior's just a puppet. Assassinating him would accomplish nothing. Arresting his entire treasonous cabal and imprisoning them for life would be far more reasonable.

I agree. Killing people is more George Bush's style. That would make us no worse then he.

He needs to be prosecuted no doubt, but at the very LEAST removed from office. Impeachment or loss of election, I don't care. Just get rid of the BUSH!!!

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM
FORD, George W. Bush will be your President for the next four years and there are two things you and your libbie lapdogs can do about it:

1) NOTHING
2) GET OVER IT

Vote Libertarian-Fascist Party! ;)

FORD
06-30-2004, 02:43 PM
There is absolutely no way in Hell that George Bush Junior will win a legitimate election.

And if the next election is not legitimate, there will be violence in the streets, and there will be assassinations. And according to Thomas Jefferson, that is entirely what should happen, in that case...

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security

Ally_Kat
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM

And if the next election is not legitimate,

yeah, but according to you, no election that he would win would be legit. You'd claim conspiracy on it no matter what

FORD
06-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
yeah, but according to you, no election that he would win would be legit. You'd claim conspiracy on it no matter what

Not so. Even though Poppy Bush manipulated the Iran Hostage crisis in order to influence voter opinion in the 1980 election, the election itself was legitimate. Same with Poppy's own election in 1988. The campaign was beyond sleazy, but the vote was legitimate.

In my lifetime, I have only seen one illegitimate election, and that was 2000

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 03:53 PM
In my lifetime, I have only seen one illegitimate election, and that was 2000

Wow, good to see you finally admit it. :)

FORD
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
:D

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Betcha can't edit my sig....... ;)

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Wow, good to see you finally admit it. :)

Actually, it's good to see YOU finally acknowledge that that election was, in fact, illegitimate. ;)

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
FORD, George W. Bush will be your President for the next four years

Now THAT is laughable. Once he's voted out, we will give you back your list of the two things YOU will be able to do.:D

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 05:03 PM

On the contrary Ally, we don't just go "Wow, theres a possible conspiracy, let's jump on that!" as you would have everyone so quickly believe. It is when the words or actions of the people in power directly point to evidence of such a conspiracy, that we take a step back, pause, and say "Something isn't right here. These questions need to be answered."
When the people in power refuse to answer those questions, the silence is deafening. That's when the stench arises...

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Here is what FORD is saying in nutshell:

IF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE LIBERAL FAGS WIN ANY ELECTION, IT IS EITHER BY DIRTY HANDED MANIPULATIVE TRICKS OR FLAT-OUT CHEATING.
DEMOCRATS ARE ALL FAIR AND EQUAL AND WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN. THEY ARE ALL ANGELS SENT TO GUIDE AND PROTECT US AND SHOW US THE WAY--ANY NON-LIBBIE IS EVIL!!!!

Get over it, Ford.

"You may say I'm dreamer...." ??? Yeah, you're damn right you are, dead man.

FORD
06-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Actually, I've never said anything even remotely close to that. Furthermore, I wasn't aware any "liberal fags" were running for the office.

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Here is what FORD is saying in nutshell:

IF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE LIBERAL FAGS WIN ANY ELECTION, IT IS EITHER BY DIRTY HANDED MANIPULATIVE TRICKS OR FLAT-OUT CHEATING.
DEMOCRATS ARE ALL FAIR AND EQUAL AND WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN. THEY ARE ALL ANGELS SENT TO GUIDE AND PROTECT US AND SHOW US THE WAY--ANY NON-LIBBIE IS EVIL!!!!

Get over it, Ford.

"You may say I'm dreamer...." ??? Yeah, you're damn right you are, dead man.

Now whose being the extremist?? That's a pretty broad, and 'not so wise magic' nutshell you've got there. I don't recall FORD ever quite stating it like that... ...did I miss something somewhere?

FORD
06-30-2004, 07:52 PM
In the unlikely event that Junior is "re" elected, he will never make it through 4 years.

Revelation says the Antichrist only gets 7 years :)

BigBadBrian
06-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Now whose being the extremist?? That's a pretty broad, and 'not so wise magic' nutshell you've got there. I don't recall FORD ever quite stating it like that... ...did I miss something somewhere?

Yes, you're an idiot.

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 12:46 AM
On the contrary Ally, we don't just go "Wow, theres a possible conspiracy, let's jump on that!" as you would have everyone so quickly believe. It is when the words or actions of the people in power directly point to evidence of such a conspiracy, that we take a step back, pause, and say "Something isn't right here. These questions need to be answered."
When the people in power refuse to answer those questions, the silence is deafening. That's when the stench arises...

All I hear is conspiracy-this and conspiracy-that. Plus, Ford believes that the BCE was trying to hack into his computer and that he caught them.

ELVIS
07-01-2004, 10:38 AM
:D

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yes, you're an idiot.

And you worship my Big Bad Cock.

I'm not trying to be rude. You're just insignifigant.

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 01:39 PM
All I hear is conspiracy-this and conspiracy-that. Plus, Ford believes that the BCE was trying to hack into his computer and that he caught them.

What does BCE stand for again?

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 01:40 PM

Regardless, that has no bearing on the world events I have been describing that Bush is obviously involved in...

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 01:41 PM
What does BCE stand for again?

It's Ford's made up thingie to describe the current administration -- Bush Criminal Empire

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Regardless, that has no bearing on the world events I have been describing that Bush is obviously involved in...

I think I speak for everybody who's been participating in this forum for the last couple of years here and at Vonnies...it does. Stick around, Ford's due for another one really soon :D

John Ashcroft
07-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm still wondering which Floriduh recount Algore won?

Anyone? McFly?

Phil theStalker
07-01-2004, 01:56 PM
That's okay. I have a rock band and we do that in a video and on stage in the song with props and naked white slave girls:D

Phil theStalker
07-01-2004, 02:20 PM
TRANSCRIBBLE

...In the book, two men -- Ben and Jay (Brian, semi-gay bi-sycophant, and, Joe Rogan, almost famous comedian) -- meet at the fictional Cheney Hotel (Motel 666 in Columbus' sniper alley) and Suites in Washington (disinfor part). It is midday (it's 9:30pm). They eat a bag of bagels (mushrooms) and order lunch (drugs) from room service (bus boys who deal dope to hooker customers). They talk into a tape recorder mike (a plastic dildo they use that has a slick oily residue).

Ben (BRIAN): Obviously you have something on your mind.

Jay (JOE ROGAN): True dat.

Ben (BRIAN): You could begin with "dat."

Jay (JOE ROGAN): Okay. Uh. I'm going to -- okay. I'll just say it. Um.

Ben (BRIAN): What is it?

Jay (JOE ROGAN): I'm going to jackoff the president like Monica did.

Ben (BRIAN): bwhaha, Tony already beat you to it. No pun intended, Joey.

Jay (JOE ROGAN): You are really a piece aff werk, Brian. And I don't mind saying that on the Internet.

Ben (BRIAN): I'm an expert on homosexuality and that sounds gay. Jay, I love you!

Jay: (JOE ROGAN): Ben, you have the mental acumen of a gnat. [DRINKS FROM BEER BOTTLE]
Take back the poppy fields, I say.

Joe (Jay Raygun) has been sold out for the almighty homosexual adult video and publishing dollar!

=h69=
:smilieci:

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 04:46 PM
I think I speak for everybody who's been participating in this forum for the last couple of years here and at Vonnies...it does. Stick around, Ford's due for another one really soon :D

If FORD made some paranoid sounding statements, well, I can't do anything about that. Who are we to say whether they may or may not be real or imagined? Nonetheless, he has sound reasoning behind his accusations of what Bush is all about. Bush Criminal Empire? I dunno. What would you call a country with over 860 permanent military bases in over 60 countries? Empirical? The fact that the people in the White House today are the same bunch that brought us the S & L scandal indicates that the country is being run by what can at least be called a criminal syndicate.

Oh, and Ashcroft? At least try to come up with your own original humor rather than trying to regurgitate what I have used on you. Its not as funny the second time around. ;)

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
I'm still wondering which Floriduh recount Algore won?

Anyone? McFly?

Theres only been one. Try to figure THAT one out...:D