PDA

View Full Version : Moore's film is shocking propaganda

Ally_Kat
06-30-2004, 01:12 AM
MOORE'S FILM IS SHOCKING PROPAGANDA
Edward I. Koch
Tuesday, June 29, 2004

It is shocking to me that Americans in a time of war, and we literally are at war with Americans being deliberately killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere by Islamic terrorists, will attack their own country, sapping its strength and making its enemies stronger.

I am not a supporter of the xenophobic slogan “My country right or wrong.”

But I do believe, when seeking to make it right if it is wrong, that none of us should endanger the country, our military personnel or our fellow citizens.

Disagreeing with America’s foreign policy and seeking to change it, responsibly or irresponsibly, is a fundamental right protected by the First Amendment. Shaming those who do it irresponsibly is our only lawful recourse and rightly so.

Senator John Kerry in criticizing United States’ foreign policy and the incumbent president is acting responsibly, albeit I disagree with many of his views.

On the other hand, Michael Moore, writer and director of the film “Fahrenheit 9/11,” crosses that line regularly. The line is not set forth in the criminal statutes, but it is determined by Americans who know instinctively what actions and statements taken and uttered violate the obligations of responsibility and citizenship they deem applicable in time of war.

David Brooks, in a brilliant New York Times column on June 26, collected some of the statements that Michael Moore has been making in other countries which denigrate the U.S. and, in my opinion, cross the line.

Brooks writes: “Before a delighted Cambridge crowd, Moore reflected on the tragedy of human existence: ‘You're stuck with being connected to this country of mine, which is known for bringing sadness and misery to places around the globe.’

"In Liverpool, he paused to contemplate the epicenters of evil in the modern world: ‘It's all part of the same ball of wax, right? The oil companies, Israel, Halliburton…We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants...Don't be like us,’ he told a crowd in Berlin. ‘You've got to stand up, right? You've got to be brave.’

"In an open letter to the German people in Die Zeit, Moore asked, ‘Should such an ignorant people lead the world?’

"In an interview with a Japanese newspaper, Moore helped citizens of that country understand why the United States went to war in Iraq: ‘The motivation for war is simple. The U.S. government started the war with Iraq in order to make it easy for U.S. corporations to do business in other countries. They intend to use cheap labor in those countries, which will make Americans rich.’

"But venality doesn't come up when he writes about those who are killing Americans in Iraq: ‘The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not `insurgents' or `terrorists' or `The Enemy.' They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow — and they will win.’ Until then, few social observers had made the connection between Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Paul Revere.”

Undoubtedly, too long a quote, but there is no substitute for the original.

A year after 9/11, I was part of a panel discussion on BBC-TV’s “Question Time” show which aired live in the United Kingdom. A portion of my commentary at that time follows:

“One of the panelists was Michael Moore, writer and director of the award-winning documentary 'Roger & Me.' During the warm-up before the studio audience, Moore said something along the lines of 'I don’t know why we are making so much of an act of terror. It is three times more likely that you will be struck by lightening than die from an act of terror.' I was aghast and responded, 'I think what you have said is outrageous, particularly when we are today commemorating the deaths of 3,000 people resulting from an act of terror.' I mention this exchange because it was not televised, occurring as it did before the show went live. It shows where he was coming from long before he produced “Fahrenheit 9/11.”

Many in the audience assembled by the BBC included Americans and people from other nations. Their positive responses to Moore on this and other comments he made during the program convinced me that the producers had found a lair of dingbats when looking to fill the studio with an audience.

Moore later called President Bush a “dummy,” denigrating him for having threatened Iraq with consequences including war if it did not comply with the United Nations resolutions to which it agreed when it was defeated in the 1991 Gulf War.

Again, I couldn’t contain myself and said, “That’s what you radicals on the left always do. You don’t debate issues, you denigrate your opponents. You did it with President Reagan, saying he was dumb. After he left office, 600 speeches, many hand-written by him, demonstrated his high intelligence.”

In World Wars I and II, the U.S., suffering great casualties to its military personnel, saved the world, particularly in WWII, from occupation by the German Nazi Reich and Japanese empire.

We currently are fighting the battle against a minority of fundamentalist Islamists whose objective is to destroy Western civilization. They are willing to use every act of terrorism from suicide bombers to hacking off heads to destroy and terrorize us into surrender.

And Michael Moore weakens us before that enemy.

How should we respond? With scorn, catcalls, the Bronx cheer and the truth.

Of course, we should recognize the outrages and criminal acts committed by Americans in military service and civilians at the Iraqi prison Abu Ghraib.

We should continue as we have done and take action to punish those involved. But we ought not in the media show again and again the pictures of the atrocities to simply flagellate ourselves and give aid and comfort to our enemies.

A good rule of thumb might be to show the pictures of Abu Ghraib as many times as we show the beheadings of Danny Pearl, Nicholas Berg and Paul Johnson.

I am a movie critic, so I went to see “Fahrenheit 9/11.” The movie is a well-done propaganda piece and screed as has been reported by most critics.

It is not a documentary which seeks to present the facts truthfully.

The most significant offense that movie commits is to cheapen the political debate by dehumanizing the President and presenting him as a cartoon.

Newsday reported some of Moore’s misstatements as follows: “At the start of ‘Fahrenheit 9/11,’ filmmaker Michael Moore shows a clip of CNN analyst Jeffrey Toobin saying that if ballots had been recounted in Florida after the 2000 presidential vote, ‘under every scenario Gore won the election.’

“What Moore doesn't show is that a six-month study in 2001 by news organizations including The New York Times, the Washington Post and CNN found just the opposite. Even if the Supreme Court had not stopped a statewide recount, or if a more limited recount of four heavily Democratic counties had taken place, Bush still would have won Florida and the election . . . Moore suggests Bush's conflict of interest was manifest shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks when the White House ‘approved planes to pick up the bin Ladens and numerous other Saudis’ who, fearing reprisals, were flown out of the United States. Embellishing the well-known scenario, Moore interviews a retired FBI agent who says authorities should have first questioned the bin Ladens.

“But the bin Ladens were questioned. The commission investigating the attacks reported in April that the FBI interviewed 30 passengers: ‘Nobody was allowed to depart on these six flights who the FBI wanted to interview in connection with the 9/11 attacks or who the FBI later concluded had any involvement in those attacks.’”

It is clear to me from the tenor of the film’s off-screen commentary by Michael Moore that he would have denounced WW II.

Did he support the United States and NATO going into Bosnia to save the Muslims from ethnic cleansing and destruction?

Would he agree that we should have attempted to save the Muslim men from death at the hands of the Serbs in Srebrenica?

Should we now be going into the Sudan and saving perhaps a million black Christian and Animist Sudanese from Arab marauders who are murdering, raping and starving the blacks and even selling some into slavery?

Weren’t we right to go into Iraq on the basis of United Nations Resolution 1441 which stated the Iraqis had weapons of mass destruction and that was a cause for war unless they accounted for them and destroyed them, which they refused to do?

Now that no WMDs have yet been found, was the invasion to end the reign of Saddam Hussein, who had killed and tortured hundreds of thousands of his own citizens, still supportable? Moore thinks not.

I think, yes.

The movie’s diatribes, sometimes amusing and sometimes manifestly unfair, will not change any views. They will simply cheapen the national debate and reinforce the opinions on both sides.

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Michael Moron needs to experience life without all his luxuries that the STUPID WHITE MEN invented, discovered and provided for his lazy fat treasonous ass.

Maybe ship his fat ass to Ethopia and feed the whole fucking nation for a month.

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 04:07 PM
How many of you critics of the movie have actually seen it? Just curious...

FORD
06-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Fuck that traitorous sell out son of a bitch Ed Kocksucker in the ass with a chain saw.

knuckleboner
06-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
MOORE'S FILM IS SHOCKING PROPAGANDA
Edward I. Koch
Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A good rule of thumb might be to show the pictures of Abu Ghraib as many times as we show the beheadings of Danny Pearl, Nicholas Berg and Paul Johnson.

i hate this line of reasoning. they're 2 different things entirely. i'm not saying the murders aren't tragic. they are. but the prisoner abuse is simply a bigger news story.

militants attacking Americans? tragic. but also completely expected.

Americans potentially behind torture in an Iraqi torture prison? bigger story.

(and while daniel pearl's death was horrific and completely unjustified, he was also stupid. he went in, on his own, to interview members of a terrorist group. perhaps he thought his press-pass was a magic shield. perhaps the pull of the pulitzer was too strong. but he made a foolish decision. he paid far too high a price for it. but hopefully, it's a lesson other journalists can learn from.)

and, uh...this ed koch isn't the mayor koch, right? i mean, this guy says he's a movie critic. if so, you gotta love U.S. politics. schwarzenneger goes from movie actor to politician. koch goes from politician to movie critic. i think a remade "odd couple" sitcom starring ross perot and bill clinton is just around the corner...

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
I saw it GS and I think Michael Moore is almost as big of a traitor as you are!

FORD
06-30-2004, 04:52 PM
http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I saw it GS and I think Michael Moore is almost as big of a traitor as you are!

Yes, and he's almost as big as you are too!

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Whatever loser... You've never even seen me. Your a back stabbing VH LOSER with nothing better to than pick on women. You fucking sicken me!

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Whatever loser... You've never even seen me. Your a back stabbing VH LOSER with nothing better to than pick on women. You fucking sicken me!

Ha ha. YOU were the one who started the namecalling. I simply responded. Get over yourself!

:)

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 06:30 PM
I stated the FACTS and you came back with a lie... Why don't you go to VHF and hang out with the other hypocrites! Isn't THAT who you were trying to impress by fucking with me? Your such a jerk!

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 06:48 PM
I stated the FACTS and you came back with a lie... Why don't you go to VHF and hang out with the other hypocrites! Isn't THAT who you were trying to impress by fucking with me? Your such a jerk!

Why don't YOU go to VHF?

Oh, wait.

:)

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 07:00 PM
I was banned... Who the fuck cares GS that was 3 months ago. Get some new ammo. Your worn out tired moth eaten old shit is sooooo
borring! Fabs fat, Fabs banned... blah blah blah... Your such a pitiful dork!

Big Troubles
06-30-2004, 07:06 PM
For what it's worth Ive seen the movie and enjoyed the colourful spin Moore puts on his doc's. People take shit way too seriously. His movies aren't meant to be THE TRUTH or GOSPEL it's one mans opinion.

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 07:19 PM
I was banned... Who the fuck cares GS that was 3 months ago. Get some new ammo. Your worn out tired moth eaten old shit is sooooo
borring! Fabs fat, Fabs banned... blah blah blah... Your such a pitiful dork!

Why do you keep talking to me then? I hadn't said a word to you.

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Because I loathe your existance after what you did! I never did a thing to you EVER. You just wanted to ride the coat tails of a few mods from another site. How pathetic are you? Fucking clown!

Big Troubles
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Can't we all just get along? You know, if this was a big party Id have to kick you's both out! Is that what you want? ;) (then I'd secretly let the one with the breasts back in) :D

ELVIS
06-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Sounds like true love...:)

Big Troubles
06-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah really. I fight like that with some of my wives. You two should get a room! ;)

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Because I loathe your existance after what you did! I never did a thing to you EVER. You just wanted to ride the coat tails of a few mods from another site. How pathetic are you? Fucking clown!

That still doesn't answer the question... if you loathe my existence, why do you mention me at all? Why can't you just ignore me? And do you really expect me not to respond to your insults? Idiot.

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Of course I expect you to answer. You crave my attention, that why you seeked me out in the first place. Now I'm giving it to you. Your a pathetic Pleasure Dome has been who get's lost in the shuffle, you deperatly try to hold on. Your bascially the David Hasselhoff of the VH community. Nobody cares but you just keep coming back and coming back...

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Of course I expect you to answer. You crave my attention, that why you seeked me out in the first place. Now I'm giving it to you. Your a pathetic Pleasure Dome has been who get's lost in the shuffle, you deperatly try to hold on. Your bascially the David Hasselhoff of the VH community. Nobody cares but you just keep coming back and coming back...

LOL! I crave YOUR attention? Who started this whole discussion? YOU. I'm perfectly happy to never say another word to you again, but it's a two-way street. If you go around insulting me, I'm going to respond. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

FORD
06-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Yeah really. I fight like that with some of my wives. You two should get a room! ;)

Some of your wives? I didn't realize you were Mormon ;)

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Big Troubles--the polygamist??

John Ashcroft
06-30-2004, 10:51 PM
...Your bascially the David Hasselhoff of the VH community...

Ouch! That was hard core! :D

GS, she did get you there...

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Damn, that WAS fucking harsh...mmm FUCK....that had to sting...:eek:

FORD
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
The thing is, Matt doesn't look at all like Hasselhoff. Bob Saget, Maybe. Jeff Hornacek, definitely. But not the Knight Rider. :D

BITEYOASS
07-01-2004, 12:21 AM
OK FORD, IT'S TIME TO LET THE MIGHTY EAGLE SOAR!!!

http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2002/02/25/ashcroft.sings.wbtv.med.html

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

but he's loved in Germany :D

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 12:37 AM
yeah, Hasselhoff is way better looking than Matt. Sagett is pretty close.. At least Sagett is funny... Matt is just plain boring.

Hows it feel to be blindsided with insults in a non-realitive thread Matt?
Get the picture? At least you have some inclination as to why I might have a beef with YOU. To throw your word back at ya... Idiot.

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Get the picture? At least you have some inclination as to why I might have a beef with YOU. To throw your word back at ya... Idiot.

Huh? Nobody has insulted me here, and even if I had, I wouldn't care!!! That's the difference between people who come to the boards for fun, and people who make it their life.

It's like I'm talking to a brick wall! No offense to brick walls...

ELVIS
07-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I'll insult you...

Poopypants!

:elvis:

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Nooo....... that's mean!!!! I am fuming with anger, I can barely even concentrate now. I guess there's only one thing left to do -- throw a tantrum and get banned.

ELVIS
07-01-2004, 11:02 AM
One more outburst like that and i'll be on the red phone!

John Ashcroft
07-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Heh heh heh... You guys are so crazy.

This was a fun little spat though.

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Huh? Nobody has insulted me here, and even if I had, I wouldn't care!!! That's the difference between people who come to the boards for fun, and people who make it their life.

It's like I'm talking to a brick wall! No offense to brick walls...

That's true Matt... There is a big difference being called David Hasselhoff and having someone come out of nowhere and threaten to post naked pictures of you on the net for no apparent reason. But I can CLEARLY see your point. By all means don't do anything to get yourself banned! You wouldn't want to step across the line of prim and proper and lose that stuffy tight assed personality of yours. What would we do if you STOPPED being borring?

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I thought that'd shut you up!

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 02:45 PM
:rolleyes: :sleepy:

FORD
07-01-2004, 02:47 PM
OK, that's 3 bad karma points for each of you :mad:

BigBadBrian
07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
yeah, Hasselhoff is way better looking than Matt. Sagett is pretty close.. At least Sagett is funny... Matt is just plain boring.

Someone else who thinks Guitar Shark is an idiot. Yup, Fab is OK in my book. And that avatar just..........does something to me. :gulp:

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Someone else who thinks Guitar Shark is an idiot. :gulp:

Now Brian, I thought we were buds?

And yes, I am an idiot...

FORD
07-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Nah, Matt's not an idiot. He's just a lawyer ;)

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Splitting some mighty fine hairs there Dave... ;)

FORD
07-01-2004, 02:56 PM
OK, if you want to call yourself an idiot, I won't object :D

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 03:03 PM
FORD! Always the voice of reason!
Brian! Thanks for the props sweetie.
Matt... All I can say is... WHY?

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, if you want to call yourself an idiot, I won't object :D

Atta boy.

Now tell me this. Come November, you'll be voting for Kerry, won't you?

FORD
07-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Atta boy.

Now tell me this. Come November, you'll be voting for Kerry, won't you?

I will vote aginst Bush.

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 03:43 PM
By voting for whom?

Satan
07-01-2004, 04:09 PM
FORD/Satan 2004!!!! A Most Unholy team for a better America :D

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Don't you know it is unethical to ask someone who they are voting for...

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Satan
FORD/Satan 2004!!!! A Most Unholy team for a better America :D

If they reverse roles and Satan runs for President, you'll have my vote :D

Anton LaVey
07-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I will vote Libertarian!

Hail Satan!

Satan
07-01-2004, 06:50 PM
OK then...

Satan/FORD 2004 - A Most Unholy team for a better America!

I'm Satan the Devil and I approved this message
Paid for by the committee to elect Satan/FORD 2004 - Libertarian party of Hell LLC

Sgt Schultz
07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
What an Iraqi has to say about Moore's film - it can be a little difficult to follow because of his English.

By Sarmad Zangna
Fahrenheit 9/11-9/4
Iraq - one year after the war; Iraq through a complete 180 degrees of change; one of the countries that was always known as a challenge for what it was, as a threat - not only to humanity but to the whole world.
Do you want to compare 9/11 to 9/4?
9/11 - the attacks on the civilization of freedom, the symbol of the free world.
9/4 - the fall of the dictatorial regime of evil, the symbol of the slave world.
The big difference between the two events? No one felt these two events, and lived through them as much as the Americans and the Iraqis. No one felt the changes more than those two peoples.
And here we see who claims these events and uses them as a purpose and a reason to make his own celebrity, and win trophies and awards, as if he invents something for humanity, or finds a cure for one of the diseases.
MICHAEL MOORE, the director of "Fahrenheit 911".
This movie - I won't even call it a movie - it's like a "cut and paste" movie - I wonder what he is thinking when he shows his "cut and paste" movie: "cut and paste" for explosions and fighting, and terrorists covering their faces; statements by GWB playing golf (I didn't know playing golf in America was a crime. I know it was in Iraq before 9/4. It was only for presidents.) I wonder if it took MICHAEL MOORE hard work to produce this "cut and paste".
I wonder if you've lived under dictators, extremists, terrorist rule, or if you are just living under the gift of being free - free to say anything, free to do anything, free to make a film from "cut and paste" to win trophies and awards and $26 million. I just wanna remind you where you are, because there are brave men fighting for where you are. I wonder if you live safer and safer for all your life - safer for hope, safer for justice - and if there's fear in your life. I wonder why we always try to think of ourselves, why we evaluate hard work and achievements, and show them like dark spots.
Saying that your troops will never be back home - this is not true. Saying that going to war wasn't the right thing to do.
What are the solutions you offered? Okay, we've been attacked by the extremists. We must solve our problems first before we attack them? We have too much freedom? We should make less freedom because” Bin Laden” doesn't accept that freedom goes toward the east? Freedom is evil - evil because you don't follow anyone, you follow your mind?
We should never have attacked Iraq because Saddam was not yet a threat. He didn't develop weapons of mass destruction. He only had some chemical and biological weapons and some missiles.
That you can speak to soldiers about not going back to Iraq because of what they see there is a reason for people to be proud and believe that what is happening is for the good of all. This is the freedom to do what you see is right for you. If this soldier was in any place in the Middle East, he would be executed because he said he didn't like what his government did.

The attacks on 911 were only the beginning of evil. Fighting this evil is the mission of all good people. It is a challenge.
Mr. MICHAEL MOORE, what will be your reaction after several years, when you see a free country and a modern and civil one? That we should say thank you to the brave men who did that, or see your "cut and paste" movie, or sue you for being an imposter?
Your troops will be home as soon as they have done their job. This is a promise from Iraqis.
I have talked with many soldiers. They were happy to work here. Some of them even say, "Iraq is our home. We work to rebuild it."
Know what I will go to do and I now this need more than one post, but I see it, like one of the must important issues to be discuss ,and I will use some parts from” Dave Kopel” I took some parts and discuss it .
“Moore has been criticized for using the reaction shots as a clever way to avoid showing the planes hitting the buildings, and some of the victims falling to their deaths. Even if this is true, the segment still effectively evokes the horror that every decent human being felt on September 11.”
This is on of the reasons for I call it "cut and paste" movie.
Three days after September 11, Moore demanded that no military action be taken against Afghanistan:
"Declare war?" War against whom? One guy in the desert whom we can never seem to find? Are our leaders telling us that the most powerful country on earth cannot dispose of one sick evil f---wad of a guy? Because if that is what you are telling us, then we are truly screwed. If you are unable to take out this lone ZZ Top wannabe, what on earth would you do for us if we were attacked by a nation of millions? For Chrissakes, call the Israelis and have them do that thing they do when they want to get their man! We pay them enough billions each year, I am SURE they would be happy to accommodate your request....
Mr .Moor if you think that the hall issue is related to one and only one person, you are rung and completely rung its not only ” Bin Laden” ,it’s a faith on there believers ,on there way ,is only right way ,nothing matter in life every thing is behind life , “Al Qaeda “is only the organization who organize the work ,and any leader for each group, had to take the decision he see as the right one, any where he is ,and he got only to ask for the support ,from the organization to do his job ,they don’t believe in any religion or thought ,accept there religion and thoughts .
Fahrenheit asserts that Saddam’s Iraq was a nation that “had never attacked the United States. A nation that had never threatened to attack the United States. A nation that had never murdered a single American citizen.”
yes “Saddam Iraq” as you say because really before 9/4 Iraq was Saddam and Saddam was Iraq only ,is he a threat only when he kill an American ? Weird way to give accuses to defend saddam ,you didn’t see what was written on the walls , what we was learning us in schools ,universities or daily live “fight America ,America been beaten ,fight Israel ,Israel will be beaten “ “America is responsible for your misery” and much more ,Mr.moor if you been rise up on these principals ,how? You can be shower when I will Attack you.
Moore’s pro-Saddam allegation that Saddam “never threatened to attack the United States” is true in the narrow sense that Saddam never gave a speech in which he threatened to, for example, send the Iraqi navy and army to conduct an amphibious invasion of Florida. But although Saddam never threatened the territorial integrity of America, he repeatedly threatened Americans.
Dear Mr. Moor you lived the propaganda of “Saddam” and his fiat believes, we lived the realty of Saddam, we was dealing with him every minute every day ,weak sleep ,he was just every where ,you didn’t live through all this ,you don’t believe me if I told you that people with all the pain they got from Saddam cant tell know believe that, he is goon ,they cant speak, they are afraid that he will come back ,they learn to beat ,and humiliated, and never speak ,Saddam will be more than happy if he could attack America ,if he cot the ability to do so ,I wish you was here in Iraq ,when you speak to your president and say to him sham on you ,I wish you could say that to Saddam ,and see how he will respond to you, any way if you are so worried about "Saddam " he is now in the hand of Iraqi justices you can afford him a lower ,and I assure you, that saddam will be well traded, and he will be given all his rights , and that he never did to any Iraqi he killed and executed .
Iraq and al Qaeda
I agree ,that Saddam didn’t have any sympathy towards extremes and religionist ,but if they only Worked against its rule ,and on his land ,and if they supported him, and fight with his fear case then they will be alleys, and we should support them.
Moore shows scenes of Baghdad before the invasion and in his weltanschauung, it’s a place filled with nothing but happy, smiling, giggly, overjoyed Baghdadis. No pain and suffering there. No rape, murder, gassing, imprisoning, silencing of the citizens in these scenes.
Excuse me is this my Baghdad you talk about ,that Baghdad I live in for more than 20 year ,with all what we lived through ,how could we be happy and smiling ,and we got people bored to death ,under ground ,live ,because ,I cant give you a cause ,maybe you can ,you seems to know more than us ,how? we can be Happy ,and I got friends executed ,I got bothers in jail ,how? We can be happy, and we got nothing to eat, how? we can be happy ,and we got nothing to live for, Iraq was ruled by a regime that had forced a sixth of its population into fearful exile, maybe you have the answers?
The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not “insurgents” or “terrorists” or “The Enemy.” They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win.
Once a gian seems like Mr.moor simplies and complicate like “cut and paste “ he was doing all the way saying that those who he called them REVOLUTION ,are only enemy of Iraq—the coalition of Saddam loyalists, al Qaeda operatives, and terrorists controlled by Iran or Syria—who are united in their desire to murder Iraqis, and to destroy any possibility of democracy in Iraq, never and ever people been REVOLUTION by cutting innocents peoples head ,or attack police stations ,or bomb ordenary people ,or hit power stations ,or oil pipes ,is those REVOLUTION ,if you didn’t notice those REVOLUTION are only ,in the places which they where the most usefull people from Saddam rejieam ,and they simply don’t accept the change for bettert life to all not to some,and if they are popular and supported by people here ,I wonder why they cover their facess ? no one in Iraq doubt the support from Iran and Syria to those murdders .
According to Screen Daily, Moore’s film will open in mid-July on ten screens in Lebanon and two screens in Syria.
This indeed will be the grateast movie for such as people ,living under the rule of fanticy ,and Hezbollah is doing this in Lebanon ,this is fine and great , I wander if they can show” the independents day” movie ,there is a theme in the movie ,fighting together agents evil.
we will never allow any one to force any think on us ,no ,no more.
I hope Mr.Moor could have a little time to look over how we see things through his “cut and paste” movie .
Just want to say Iraq is our ,and we never let him be goon as it was before, and any Iraqi will meet you some day he will meet you as a friend not as an enemy.

FORD
07-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I can't read that illiterate shit without giving myself a migraine. It's worse than the posts from the latest wave of sheep in Main.

Sgt Schultz
07-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Free Michael Moore!
Campaign-finance “reform” boomerangs and hits the Democrats’ favorite moviemaker.

By John Samples

Will Michael Moore's movie Fahrenheit 9/11 land him in jail? Maybe. Only time will tell.

Of course, Moore won't end up behind bars because his movie criticizes George W. Bush. The First Amendment still exists, more or less. Moore may end up as a campaign-finance convict, guilty of illegally referring to a clearly identified candidate for federal office within 30 days of a primary (or 60 days of a general election).

To see how Moore might become a felon, we need to understand the case of David T. Hardy, the president of the Bill of Rights Educational Foundation, a nonprofit corporation in Arizona. Hardy is producing a documentary film entitled The Rights of the People, which concerns issues related to the Bill of Rights. The film apparently refers to several members of Congress up for reelection in 2004 and to President Bush. Hardy had hoped the Bill of Rights Educational Foundation would help pay for the marketing and distribution of the "The Rights of the People," including advertising on TV and radio.

Hardy is a well-informed citizen. He knew enough to ask the Federal Election Commission whether his plans to market his film would fall under the strictures of campaign-finance law. As it turned out, his marketing plans were a potential felony. The FEC ruled that the ads were an "electioneering communication" because they mentioned candidates for national office. Federal law prohibits the Bill of Rights Education Foundation from paying for the ads. So, unless Hardy wants to pay for the marketing of the movie himself and thereafter to comply with the rules governing "electioneering communication" (disclosure and so on), the roll out of The Rights of the People will have to wait until after Election Day.

Moore's situation is similar to Hardy's. No one doubts Fahrenheit 9/11 refers to President George W. Bush, who is running for reelection. Presumably, the advertising for the movie will include references to President Bush. After all, that's who the movie is about, and Moore's attacks on President Bush and his family are the major appeal of the film for its target audience.

Broadcast, cable, or satellite ads are banned if they're funded by a corporation or union, refer to a clearly identified federal candidate, and appear within 30 days of a primary or 60 days of a general election. That means Moore's distributor, Lions Gate Films (a corporation) can't run ads between July 30 and August 30 (the date of the Republican convention, which is treated as a primary in which Bush is a candidate), or between September 2 and the November 2 general election.

If Fahrenheit 9/11 shows up on broadcast, cable, or satellite TV after July 30, Moore may well be in big trouble unless he financed the movie himself. If a corporation financed the movie, Moore will have broken the law.

If individuals financed the movie, the ban on electioneering communications would not apply. But Moore's movie still could not be "made in concert or cooperation with or at the request or suggestion of" Kerry, Kerry's campaign, an agent of his campaign, a Democratic-party committee or their agents. To help with the movie, Moore has employed Chris Lehane, a high-ranking operative in Al Gore's presidential bid. The chairman of the Democratic National Committee (along with six Democratic senators and a couple Democratic members of the House) showed up at the premiere of Fahrenheit 9/11 in Washington. After seeing the movie, the chairman of the DNC said, "I think anyone who goes to see this movie will come out en masse and vote for John Kerry. Clearly the movie makes it clear that George Bush is not fit to be president of this country."

The movie might well appear to be cooperating with the Democratic presidential effort. In campaign finance, appearances are often tantamount to guilt. My advice to Michael Moore: Get yourself a good campaign-finance lawyer.

The election lawyer Robert Bauer recently wrote "there should not be a question that a documentary filmmaker can produce for public distribution a work highly critical (and more) of the President of the United States, or of any other political figure, without confronting a challenge from the Federal government." Yet that question has been posed by Sen. John McCain and his allies, and none of us know the answer for certain.

It is ironic that campaign-finance restrictions, long a labor of the Left, have boomeranged toward Michael Moore. But it is not amusing. Conservatives who support limited government and political liberty should be outraged about this. Yes, Moore's movie is obnoxious. But the remedy for bad speech is more speech. David Brooks has evoked Moore's own words to bring the movie and the Democratic Establishment into disrepute. That's the right strategy: More speech, not less. Besides, some of us may wish to say some obnoxious things about a President Kerry in a few months time. Should we have to ask the federal government for permission to say them?

Some Republicans are trying to get the FEC to go after Moore. The Moore story may degenerate into another chapter in the book How Republicans Learned to Love Campaign-Finance Restrictions.

That would be shortsighted and unprincipled. The protections of the First Amendment are for everyone. So, Free Michael Moore! And while you're at it: Free the rest of us too.

— John Samples is director of the Center for Representative Government at the Cato Institute.

WACF
07-07-2004, 01:21 PM
I have not seen the movie yet but have been told by all those that see it you have to pick through Moore's views.

BUT...they all said it makes you think....and that you walk away with a different view.
A scary one.