PDA

View Full Version : Is over after 50?

jacksmar
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Recently in another thread I posted about New Year’s Eve. I had a pretty good night. Followed by a terrible bourbon hangover.

The question is: is it over after 50?
Maybe the question should be: is it supposed to be over after 50?

After I moved to Florida, I started a business, started a tribute band, and started having fun. Now that I am over 50, I haven’t slowed that much. The business closed and the tribute band is done. I go boating, sailing, watch the dolphins with some wine, and I still try to get in a race car pretty often.

I’m still having a great time. The women that I see and enjoy spending time with are 45+. And it’s like we all missed out on something. Now there’s no worries, no games, and everybody has a good time.

I think people are middle aged physically at about 36-40 years old. I’ve stayed in shape but that doesn’t mean I don’t have aches and pains.

You read about farmers that stop working after 75 years and the very next day they retire; they drop over dead.
A body in motion and all that.

So is it an individual thing or is it a group thing that people should slow down after a certain age?
For example, I can still crank up the amps, crank up the sound, and play and party until 4:00 AM. But don’t touch me the next day until after 1:00 PM.
:flame::flame::flame:

ZahZoo
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Some of it is individual... but for the most part it boils down to being active, social, motivated and most of all a positive frame of mind.

The only difference I found after 50... know your limitations. Still push them but no where near as much as you did in your 20's/30's.

If you enjoy your life for the most part... keep at it. If you are miserable for the most part. Change things up, immediately.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-03-2014, 04:07 PM
and most of all a positive frame of mind.

truer words... :clap:

vandeleur
01-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Am not fifty but not a kick in the arse off and I agree with the keeping positive .
I also think it helps that although we obviously don't have the same drive or energy we had in our teens or twenties we are better at keeping focus , so we get more done because we arnt trying to do everything at once .

I like to think of it as the old bull young bull theory .
Two bulls standing at the top of a hill and the young bull of the two spots some cows in a field ,young bull says to the older bull " hey why don't we run down this hill as fast as we can and shag a couple of those cows "
The older bull replies " why don't we walk down the hill and fuck them all "

VAiN
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM
After I moved to Florida, I started a business, started a tribute band, and started having fun. Now that I am over 50, I haven’t slowed that much. The business closed and the tribute band is done. I go boating, sailing, watch the dolphins with some wine, and I still try to get in a race car pretty often.

Good for you man, you're living the dream. I applaud it!

I'll be turning 40 in June and feel the next few years will determine how I go about the rest of the days... I'm still in decent shape, never got too soft in the middle and have come to terms with my limits. The wake-up for me was my 20th high school reunion... holy shit did everyone let themselves go! I felt like the skinniest good looking person there. If I keep making some decent life choices I'll be watching dolphins swim and bangin old broads one day as well ;)

cadaverdog
01-03-2014, 07:20 PM
When I turned 40 I was doing fairly well compared to turning 20 or 30 anyway. I was doing alot of physical labor and I was into riding bicycles and fishing so I was in decent shape still. I was a little overweight but not enough to even think about changing my eating habits. I was in much better shape physically when I turned 50 but I was on the way to the poor house on a dead run. I'm almost 54 and other than a disc problem in my neck and lower back I'm pretty damn healthy. All my equipment still works fine and after I started getting sleep therapy I can sleep all night without getting up to pee 4 or 5 times a night. I had insurance and a regular doctor for years but the county clinic I go to has done more to fix anything wrong with me than they ever even attempted. I'm not really into old broads even though my on and off girlfriend is but I'm basically stuck with her unless I win the lottery. I still go fishing but usually only off Ventura Pier. I get a good cardio workout pushing my friend's wheelchair from the parking lot to the end of the pier and back. It's a long ass pier. I think it's the longest one in Cali if not the west coast. If I'm doing this good at 60 I might live to be 90. I still have most of my hair too. It's not even gray yet.

Von Halen
01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I get a good cardio workout pushing my friend's wheelchair from the parking lot to the end of the pier and back. It's a long ass pier. I think it's the longest one in Cali if not the west coast.

Take out a big life insurance policy on that person, then push them off the end of the pier next time you walk the fucker out there.

Kristy
01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
The Roth Army relics speak. How cute.

cadaverdog
01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Take out a big life insurance policy on that person, then push them off the end of the pier next time you walk the fucker out there.
If it was you or Kristy I'd think about it. If I killed him I'd be obligated to take care of his mother until she died. Then again I could buy two policies if I sold my Explorer. I'd have to make sure I got his Vette too if I did that.

cadaverdog
01-03-2014, 08:13 PM
What's truly sad is you hang out with us old relics here. I'm old and broke. I got no where else to go. You must be a very lonely pothead.

Kristy
01-03-2014, 08:43 PM
No, you're just mentally ill.

cadaverdog
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
No, you're just mentally ill.
Now you're having a conversation with a mentally ill person. You really need help.

Seshmeister
01-04-2014, 12:42 AM

Maybe we should set up a forum for these prehistorics so they can swap tips on grandchildren/prostate problems and so forth.

Roth Army Relics is a decent name...

I filled in a questionnaire last week where there was a tick box for me which was 31-44 and I have to admit I was so happy it actually gave me a semi... :D

cadaverdog
01-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Maybe we should set up a forum for these prehistorics so they can swap tips on grandchildren/prostate problems and so forth.

I saw a couple concerts at the Forum. I saw Julius Ceaser in the pisser once.

vandeleur
01-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Getting older is good , much Better than the other option I think :D

ZahZoo
01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Roth Army Relics is a decent name...

:D

Hell of a lot better than Bob's House of Fired Mods™... :D ;)

cadaverdog
01-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Is over after 50? That sounds like something Nikolai Volkoff would say. Is match over? Did I win?

Satan
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I saw a couple concerts at the Forum. I saw Julius Ceaser in the pisser once.

You're lucky it wasn't Nero...... He actually got off on people watching him take a shit.

cadaverdog
01-04-2014, 03:20 PM
You're lucky it wasn't Nero...... He actually got off on people watching him take a shit.
Julius kept his junk hidden. He looked like he was fucking the pisser he had it in there so far.

Fairwrning
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I have 3 years to go..then i will get one of these to keep me company in my final years..

vandeleur
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
A blonde , good move :D

Kristy
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
So...

The point of this thread is...old people suck?

jacksmar
01-04-2014, 04:22 PM
No, the point is to cuss and discuss.

Wait a minute, are you admitting to 50?

ZahZoo
01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
So...

The point of this thread is...old people suck?

50's isn't old...

cadaverdog
01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
50's isn't old...
Nowdays it isn't. If you watch alot of old movies people looked older back then. Some 35 year olds looked older than 60 year olds look now. My brother and I don't show our age too bad. His hair turned gray at 55 but mines still brownish with a few gray strands. It used to be blonde but I don't spend as much time in the sun nowdays.