X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The cost of dope

I didn't quite realize the figures in the US but it is completely crazy.

One in six of the people in US prisons is there for a victimless marijuana offence.

That is 2.5 million/6 so 416 666

Average cost is $40k per year.

So that would be $16.7 BILLION a year? That just can't be right could someone check my figures?

100 000 people die of alcohol abuse each year in the US.

The president laughs about smoking dope on Jimmy Fallon because he didn't get caught?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

$16,666,640,000 to be exact.

Fucking ridiculous, isn't it. And that's coming from someone who hasn't actually taken a hit of weed in 13 years (despite living in one of the two states where it's now legal)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm the same I haven't smoked dope in many years, I would be too scared now that it could be a gateway drug back to tobacco which actually is dangerous...

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I havent smoked it since my late twenties ..... even then I was not the biggest fan of it. There were always more appealing drugs that I could not afford.
        Though now I can am to sensible

Actually thinking back I think I always preferred alcohol.
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

2014 and the drugs information out there is still bullshit.

At Xmas my dad turned around and said 'The really dangerous thing you need to watch out for with the kids is this thing called Ecstasy'.

He was shocked and I think not convinced when I explained to him that statistically it would be far safer if I gave his beloved granddaughter an ecstasy tab each week rather than taking her to her horse riding - and that factoid came from the official professor UK government drugs expert who was subsequently sacked for telling the truth.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

The real problem with ecstasy is the shit music that it encourages .

But your right information is delivered in a Daily Mail type "its all bad" announcement traditionally and if you intend to try and buck the trend you wont get the air time.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I missed ecstasy completely, just slightly too old and wrong music scene.

I think the only option is to be completely straight up with the kids and explain exactly how dangerous each thing is.

'I drink all this stuff so you don't have to'.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've never tried ecstacy, though a few of my friends had positive things to say about it, so there was a time that it did cross my mind. But I do recall reading that there's a lot of crap on the street (at least in the US) that's not really ecstasy (MDMA) but some other imitation stuff which produces a similar high, but with some nasty side effects, some times resulting in death.

My drug experimenting days are long over, but that's probably the only one I never tried that I actually would have considered. Had that ever happened, I would have held out for the good stuff.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

The thing with ecstasy was/is that it was sold to pissed up kids who knew no better so you could put any old pony in it.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

It's fun, as I recall, though I barely dabbled, and haven't touched it in years. I remember girls being especially friendly on it.
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      The thing with ecstasy was/is that it was sold to pissed up kids who knew no better so you could put any old pony in it.
                      Much like Findus Lasagne...

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Said it before, I'll say it again.

A (regulated) hemp industry in my little slice of paradise would produce rivers of gold. Gold, I tells ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

I thought you guys were discussing prices. I never tried ecstasy but I tried salvia. I don't recommend anyone else even thinking about trying it. All I wanted was a couple tokes of regular old marijauna to help me maintain after drinking too much beer too fast. I was partying with kids that just graduated from high school that day. I was 50 at the time. This guy calls me into the bathroom, tells me to sit on the toilet and hands me a pipe and a lighter. I figure we're in the bathroom so it doesn't smell like pot in the living room incase one of the adults comes in. I take a big hit like I'm hitting a crack pipe and next thing I know I'm hallucinating like I'd taken a sheet of acid. It was like being inside a kaleidoscope. It only lasted a few minutes but it was so fucking intense I was stone cold sober (even though I'd just chugged about ten beers in less than an hour) and soaked to the bone with sweat. I wanted to leave but I was still freaking out about smoking that shit and I was afraid I'd get pulled over on the way home and go to jail. I'm sure I was legally drunk even though I felt sober and sick at the same time. I lived 15 miles away but I knew a couple other dudes from work who lived nearby. I went there and smoked a shitload of weed until I felt sane again. I found out later the salvia was called 60x. 60 times it's natural potency. I'm lucky I didn't flip out and end up in the nuthouse.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've heard that salvia is nasty shit. As a rule, I prefer natural over pharmaceutical, but that doesn't mean everything natural is good either.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...