X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

True Detective

First episode, good. Last week, great. Tonight, wow.

That last scene.

Some great shots and directing. Incredible acting from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Last week's episode also had a nice guest appearance by a delightful set of tits!

Seriously, though, this is turning out to be some great TV. Give it a shot.
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man

That last scene.

Some great shots and directing. Incredible acting from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Last week's episode also had a nice guest appearance by a delightful set of tits!

The trailers look fantastic...unfortunately, I don't get it.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by High Life Man

That last scene.

I've been watching it. Good show.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I bagged it after the first two episodes. The drawn out scenes of McConaughy hesitatingly doling out his interrogation responses was shutting my eyes on a Sunday night. Guess I'll give it one more try if you say episode 3 was a winner.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

The way they ended last night's episode...I was like...NO WAY! Ya can't just tease that and fade to black!

It's a really good show...the opening back and forth between Woody and Matthew in the revival tent had me LMMFAO!!!!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Ok, I'm back in. That episode was great from start to finish. Thanks guys. This just may be the cure for for my Breaking Bad withdrawals.

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

And we have to wait an extra week because of the Super Bowl.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That sucks.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

Good show! Every week there's been at least one scene where I rewind the scene to watch it again because the dialog is so interesting/good. From this week's show I really liked the scene where they'd stopped to eat at the little roadside hole in the wall place. I thought the dialog was great in that scene. Favorite exchange from that scene:

Hart: You know what the difference between you and me is?
                  Cohle: Denial.

Pity it'll be 2 weeks for it to return.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The fact that they're essentially narrating the chain of events in present day is also pretty cool. Makes you guess out your own conclusions about certain aspects of their partnership and their lives. I think present day Hart gazed down at his ring-free hand. I suppose his marriage is kaput.

Comment

• High Life Man
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Heard that the next seasons will be different detectives, different crime, different location. That should make things interesting.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Heard the same. Grabbed this from some online digging...

"According to Deadline.com, HBO has signed a new overall deal with the show's creator, Nic Pizzolatto, the novelist who honed his screenwriting chops on AMC's The Killing.

The Hollywood news website reports that Pizzolatto is currently working on a second season of True Detective to present to the network's executives.

The potential second season of True Detective will be made without the help of current stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. The investigation introduced will come to a close at the end of the first season, and subsequent seasons are expected to have a similar structure, but with different characters and plot lines, as is the case with the FX series American Horror Story."

HBO will most definitely do this. They ain't no dummies.

Comment

• High Life Man
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Read that season 2 isn't a sure thing. The creator has some ideas, but nothing solid yet and hasn't signed on with HBO for another season.

That being said...

The last 6 minutes of last night's show. Hooooly shit. And yes, that was one continuous take - no cuts. I watched it 3 times...absolute genius by the director.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Very well done scene indeed.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Great great finale.

Best 8 episode show I ever done seen.

Glad to hear the writer is chugging away on writing season 2. Says he's anti "writers room". He tackled this whole series on his own and plans to do so on the next.

Comment

Working...