PDA

View Full Version : Could a Rand Paul Presidential Candidacy be a good thing...... for Democrats?

FORD
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT0LBccS1XQ

ELVIS
02-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Better than Hitlery, Chris Krusty or Mittens...

FORD
02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Well, if both houses of Congress were completely made up of Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren/Dennis Kucinich types, I would actually agree with that.

But Rand Paul (or his father) with a teabagging Congress would be a nightmare that would make the last 33 years look like a Mormon Church picnic, by comparison.

ELVIS
02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
What teabagging ??

Dr. Love
02-03-2014, 11:48 PM
I think its a huge leap ... I don't think Rand would get the nomination, and if he did I wouldn't be surprised at all if the democratic nominee was to the right of him on a lot of issues (and the left of him on a lot of other issues).

It would boil down at that point the same old shit... abortion, entitlements, taxes ... the same shit they argue about every time while ignoring the immediate, pressing issues.

Seshmeister
02-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Better than Hitlery, Chris Krusty or Mittens...

Surely Mittens is finished?

FORD
02-04-2014, 11:54 AM
One would think so, but Mittens has been trying to build up his image in the US media a lot in recent months, and that's not something he would need to do if he just wanted to settle down with Ann and the 157 grandchildren in one of their 12 houses.

Historically, Republicans in this country will run a losing candidate again. Nixon lost in 1960. Reagan lost in 1976. McCain lost the primary to the Chimp in 2000. The BCE wing of the party might run him again out of desperation, because Jeb's son George III isn't old enough yet. They aren't ready to concede the party to the KKKochs and teabaggers just yet.