PDA

View Full Version : WTF Kansas....and Arizona.....and Missouri.....and Georgia....

Seshmeister
02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
In 2014?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/13/us/kansas-bill-same-sex-services/

Kansas House passes bill allowing refusal of service to same-sex couples

By Ben Brumfield and Dana Ford, CNN
February 13, 2014 -- Updated 1259 GMT (2059 HKT)

(CNN) -- Denying services to same-sex couples may soon become legal in Kansas.
House Bill 2453 explicitly protects religious individuals, groups and businesses that refuse services to same-sex couples, particularly those looking to tie the knot.

It passed the state's Republican-dominated House on Wednesday with a vote of 72-49, and has gone to the Senate for a vote.

Such a law may seem unnecessary in a state where same-sex marriage is banned, but some Kansas lawmakers think different.

They want to prevent religious individuals and organizations from getting sued, or otherwise punished, for not providing goods or services to gay couples -- or for not recognizing their marriages or committed relationship as valid.
This includes employees of the state.

The law claims to protect the rights of religious people, but gender rights advocates such as Equality Kansas are dismayed.

"Kansans across the state are rightly appalled that legislators are spending their efforts to pass yet another piece of legislation that seeks to enshrine discrimination against gay and lesbian people into law," state chairwoman Sandra Meade said.

"HB 2453 is a blatant attempt to maintain second-class citizen status for taxpaying gay and lesbian Kansans."
Despite the blowback, its chances of passing seem pretty good.

Republicans dominate the state's Senate and Gov. Sam Brownback is a conservative Christian known for taking a public stand against same-sex marriage.

Brownback has already praised the bill in an interview with a local newspaper.

"Americans have constitutional rights, among them the right to exercise their religious beliefs and the right for every human life to be treated with respect and dignity," he told The Topeka Capital-Journal.

HB 2453 is titled "An act concerning religious freedoms with respect to marriage" and covers many bases.
It reads, in part: "No individual or religious entity shall be required by any governmental entity to do any of the following, if it would be contrary to the sincerely held religious beliefs of the individual or religious entity regarding sex or gender:
"Provide any services, accommodations, advantages, facilities, goods, or privileges; provide counseling, adoption, foster care and other social services; or provide employment or employment benefits, related to, or related to the celebration of, any marriage, domestic partnership, civil union or similar arrangement."
Anyone who turns away a gay couple not only can't face a civil suit, but if anyone tries to sue, they could get nailed with the other side's legal fees.

There are some small concession in the bill to gay couples.
If an employee at a nonreligious or government business refuses to serve a gay or lesbian couple for religious reasons, the manager is obligated to find another employee who will oblige.

It also explicitly says that the law does not authorize discrimination against anyone, including clergy, who performs or supports same-sex unions.

The Kansas bill would seem to buck the trend.
Laws approving same-sex marriage have recently passed in many parts of the United States, bringing the total number of states where it is legal to 17. Add to that the District of Columbia.

Worldwide, 16 other countries (and parts of Mexico) also have laws allowing same-sex marriage and domestic partnerships. Most of the nations are in Europe and South America.

FORD
02-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Geezus.... did the Phelps KKKult get elected to the state legislature? :puke:

cadaverdog
02-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Seems a lttle ridiculous whether you like homos or not. Now if they passed a bill that you didn't have to serve liberals I'd be all for it.

Nickdfresh
02-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Seems a lttle ridiculous whether you like homos or not. Now if they passed a bill that you didn't have to serve liberals I'd be all for it.

Yeah, but that's because you're a lazy fast food worker...

FORD
02-14-2014, 08:47 PM

There are no liberals in Kansas. That's why all this fucking 12th century bullshit is allowed to happen there.

Hell, even my Bible thumping sister couldn't stand to live in Kansas for more than a few months.

fraroc
02-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Incidentally, I'm seeing Kansas in May at Westbury Music Fair.

cadaverdog
02-14-2014, 08:56 PM
No, I'm a lazy bum. Haven't you been paying attention? I just don't like liberals. But if it makes you feel better I like assholes like the people from the Westboro Baptist church even less. I'd vote for Hillary Clinton before I'd vote for anyone they'd back for president or anybody who doesn't think they're the scum of the earth too, liberal or otherwise.

WARF's Vagina
02-14-2014, 08:57 PM

with a one legged friend

cadaverdog
02-14-2014, 09:20 PM
with a one legged friend
That's one more friend than you have biatch.

cadaverdog
02-14-2014, 09:25 PM
There are no liberals in Kansas. That's why all this fucking 12th century bullshit is allowed to happen there.

Hell, even my Bible thumping sister couldn't stand to live in Kansas for more than a few months.
I meant here in Cali. I'd never have to wait for a table again. Movie stars would have to pay regular folks to order their food for them if they could find anyone willing. Sean Penn would starve to death.

cadaverdog
02-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Incidentally, I'm seeing Kansas in May at Westbury Music Fair.
Is there even one original member still alive or in the band or do you care? There's a few bands touring with no original members out there. I saw a rendition of Foghat that didn't have any original members and they sucked.

FORD
02-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Sean Penn would starve to death.

Nah... he'd just order a pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuENFR-9phU

fraroc
02-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Is there even one original member still alive or in the band or do you care? There's a few bands touring with no original members out there. I saw a rendition of Foghat that didn't have any original members and they sucked.

There are three out of six originals still in the band. Steve Walsh the keyboardist and lead singer, Rich Williams (AKA Eyepatch dude) the lead guitarist, and Phil Ehart the drummer. Kerry Livgren is out doing his own thing, Robbie Steinhardt is pretty much retired, Dave Hope is doing other things with his church and stuff.

Great live band, btw. Even to this day.

SunisinuS
02-14-2014, 11:55 PM
"exercise their religious beliefs and the right for every human life to be treated with respect and dignity"

So we respectfully and with dignity deny to "Provide any services, accommodations, advantages, facilities, goods, or privileges; provide counseling, adoption, foster care and other social services; or provide employment or employment benefits,

I am sure the Gays will get it. After all, being denied food at a church "soup kitchen" is obviously honoring "....the right for every human life to be treated with respect and dignity".

And then basically forcing the more "liberal" members of the congregation to single themselves out as "gay lovers" is a nice capper.

lol red letter "G" anyone?

Seshmeister
02-15-2014, 01:53 PM
http://edge2.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/segregation-gay-485x363.jpg
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/14/kansas-republicans-violate-constitution-passing-anti-gay-segregation-law.html

Kansas Republicans Violate The Constitution By Passing Anti-Gay Segregation Law

There are different concepts of liberty, or the quality individuals have to control their own actions and how it relates to life under a social contract. In a civilized society, liberty requires boundaries to prevent a person who claims their right to control their own actions means imposing on other members of society’s right to liberty. There is a war going on in America where one specific group of Americans is claiming their religious liberty affords them power to abridge other Americans’ rights in spite of state and federal laws or guarantees of freedom in the U.S. Constitution. What the religious right and their Republican enablers are pushing in Congress and GOP-controlled states under the guise of religious liberty is religious tyranny, and now another group of Republican fascists are passing legislation to violate the Constitution and other Americans’ rights. Americans should not be deluded for one second that theocratic-driven laws denying Americans their Constitutional rights will stop until this country’s rule of law comes from the Christian bible and the people are ruled by a theocracy along the lines of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

Every politician that holds elected public office swears an oath to support and defend the U.S. Constitution, but Republicans in Kansas swore allegiance to the right wing extremist version of the bible and pledged to nullify the 1st and 14th Amendment. The Kansas House of Representatives on Tuesday overwhelmingly passed a piece of legislation crafted to legalize anti-gay segregation under the guise of “religious liberty” that any respectable American would admit is religious tyranny. The bill will pass the Republican Senate with ease and be signed into law by the Republican religious tyrant Sam Brownback. The consequence of the law to gay and straight people in Kansas is that every area of their lives will be controlled by religious bigots and the bill is written in such a manner that the victims have no recourse but to accept religious tyranny or leave what is rapidly becoming a Christian dictatorship in Kansas.

The Kansas law is not the first of its kind sweeping Republican-controlled Christian dictatorships, but it is certainly vying for the most extreme. According to the legislation, any private business, government entity, individual, public servant, or group has the legal right to refuse to provide services to gay couples if “it would be contrary to their religious beliefs.” The bill gives any private employer the right to terminate gay employees, stores can deny gay couples goods and services, hotels can throw gay couples out or deny them entrance to the building, and businesses providing public accommodations such as theaters or restaurants have the right to deny gay couples admittance to their businesses. The bill is set up to punish any gay person who dares filing suit for discrimination because they will automatically lose and forced to pay the defendants legal fees, but it is worse.

Christian lawmakers give government employees the right to deny services to gays in the name of “religious liberty,” and every government employee will receive explicit permission to discriminate against gays including any Kansas government worker. For example, if a gay person calls the police because they are being assaulted, an officer can refuse to help them if interacting with gays violates their religious principles. State hospitals can prevent gays from entering and deny them treatment with impunity, and gays will be barred from public parks, public pools, or any institution operating under the aegis of Kansas state theocracy; including the public school system.

The theocrats supporting the religious law claim it only applies gay couples, as if that makes the edict acceptable, but the text of the bill is absent any principles limiting it to gay couples, or straight people, whose very existence Christians feel violates their religious liberty. It is true there is a blanket clause that allows businesses and government employees to discriminate against gays if the discrimination is in any way “related to, or related to the celebration of, any marriage, domestic partnership, civil union or similar arrangement,” and it is that loophole that gives Christians a free pass to discriminate so long as they claim to “believe” their service is linked to gays in any form. Subsequently, since anyone denying service to any person is completely shielded from any legal charges because they cannot be sued, they will never have to prove their actions fell within the soon-to-be law because they exercised their religious liberty and it puts every citizen in Kansas at great risk.

The Kansas law is similar to an Arizona bill that gives any Arizonan the legal right to break any law if they claim it conflicts with their religious belief and they exercised their religious liberty to execute their personal religious edict. There is nothing to stop a hospital from refusing to admit an unwed pregnant woman hemorrhaging to death if any hospital employee claims it violates their religious liberty to provide medical treatment to an unwed woman. An ambulance driver can refuse to administer emergency medical care to a Latino if they claim doing so violates their religious belief that America is a white Christian nation and they exercised their religious liberty to withhold treatment for an injured person suffering a heart attack. When religious fascist governor Sam Brownback signs the legislation into law, and he will sign it into law, there is nothing to prevent a homophobe from claiming they were exercising their religious liberty in capturing and stoning a gay person to death, or a parent from murdering their disobedient child because it is their biblical duty under the bible’s Ten Commandments. These examples may sound extreme, but these are Christian extremists passing extreme religious laws under the banner of exercising religious liberty they claim is protected by the First Amendment.

There is a sense of irony in these foul abominations of religious law in that extremist Christians proposing and voting for them are using the Constitution’s guarantee of religious freedom to restrict other Americans religious freedom as well as their constitutionally-guaranteed equal rights. But that is the new definition of “religious liberty; the dog-given religious freedom of extremist Christians to control other Americans based on their bastardized interpretation of religious liberty. Their religious liberty is sheer religious tyranny and yet no judge, no politician, or civil rights group filing suit to stop the extremist religious right has the fortitude to cite the laws violate the First Amendment’s prohibition on laws respecting the establishment of religion. It is all well-and-good to cite the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of equal rights under the law, but the biblical laws are patently unconstitutional because they are purely religious laws. Commenters often take issue with claims these discriminatory statutes are religious laws, but like the Arizona and Kansas laws legalizing discrimination, using the justification of “religious liberty” based on Christianity makes them abject religious edicts and it is damned high time it is called what it is; unconstitutional religious tyranny.

The religious right is wont to claim, ad nauseum, that opposition to their religious edicts are tantamount to waging a war on Christianity, but they have it completely backwards; extremist Christians are waging a war on democracy, the Constitution, equal rights, and other Americans’ freedom to not be burdened with biblical edicts that have no place in America. There is a religious war in America, and Americans loyal to the Constitution have to go on the offensive and take the war to the extremists because if any American thinks extremist Christians will stop at passing biblical edicts targeting gays, women, or science, they need to peruse the historical record and understand that there are no bounds religious extremists are willing to acknowledge. Remember, according to Republican bible laws in Arizona and Kansas, all a person has to claim is they exercised their religious liberty to avoid a lawsuit, or prosecution, for any action they claim is a violation of their religious beliefs and it applies to discriminating against gays, unwed couples, pregnant women, or employee’s using prescription coverage in their health plans for contraception. There is no reason to believe Christian extremists will let Democrats, African Americans, or immigrants exist if they are allowed to claim exercising their religious liberty justified killing or imprisoning them. The Founding Fathers fled religious persecution and set up the Constitution to ensure that no American would ever face religious oppression again, and although their protection endured for over two-hundred years, 21st century Americans face a religious right crusade and inquistion that will not stop until Americans start acting like Americans and not frightened villagers in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

Seshmeister
02-15-2014, 01:53 PM
What's the point in sending troops to die fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan when they are running Kansas...

cadaverdog
02-15-2014, 02:20 PM
It also explicitly says that the law does not authorize discrimination against anyone, including clergy, who performs or supports same-sex unions.

Unless of course you're actually in a same sex union. Then you can go fuck yourself.

FORD
02-15-2014, 02:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI

Nitro Express
02-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I like money. I will do business with anyone as long as they don't pose a future threat to me. I will gladly do business and take money from gays. Who the fuck cares what goes on in Kansas? Who in the fuck would want to live there?

Nickdfresh
02-16-2014, 02:16 AM
What's the point in sending troops to die fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan...

Some of whom are gay...

ashstralia
02-16-2014, 04:19 AM
You know why we don't have groups like the WBC here? Because they would get shouted down in the street, that's why. A few years ago, a religious group (decorum prevents me from mentioning which) decided that we are all heathens, and should, as a country, follow their path. So they staged a massive protest, complete with violence and inflammatory rhetoric. Needless to say, the good men and women of the New South Wales Police Force shut it down big time. Prosecutions are ongoing to this day.

Seriously, who gives a tinkers cuss if two men or two women want to love each other as 'normal' heterosexual couples do? FFS.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
No, I'm a lazy bum. Haven't you been paying attention? I just don't like liberals.....

You ought to get on your knees and suck liberal-asshole everyday of your life, most of your income is dependent on them!

cadaverdog
02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
You ought to get on your knees and suck liberal-asshole everyday of your life, most of your income is dependent on them!
If I was thankful to liberals for anything I'd merely say thank you.

Hardrock69
02-17-2014, 04:00 PM
This crap does not surprise me. The politicians and businessmen in Kansas are a bunch of goddamnable brain-dead idiots who somehow think Jebus is still alive, and wish to GOD that it was legal to string up darkies on Saturday night.

What would be the result if someone dropped an A-bomb on Kansas?

Well, it would be 20 years before anyone knew about it, as that is how far behind the times those fucking assholes are.

And secondly, it would be good riddance. That fucking state is a worthless piece of land occupied by Nazi/KKK-wannabees, and blowing that fucking shithole off the face of the earth would do the human race a great service.

Kristy
02-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi, Kirsten. Back so soon? You're looking good.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BLOOsBUfr98/TkEVZVPEVbI/AAAAAAAAAgU/YM1YusT-oBA/s1600/kirsten-dunst-without-makeup-04.jpg

Kristy
02-17-2014, 04:19 PM
In the meantime, read here: http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1481/what-s-the-matter-with-kansas/

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 05:52 PM
This crap does not surprise me. The politicians and businessmen in Kansas are a bunch of goddamnable brain-dead idiots who somehow think Jebus is still alive, and wish to GOD that it was legal to string up darkies on Saturday night.

What would be the result if someone dropped an A-bomb on Kansas?

Well, it would be 20 years before anyone knew about it, as that is how far behind the times those fucking assholes are.

And secondly, it would be good riddance. That fucking state is a worthless piece of land occupied by Nazi/KKK-wannabees, and blowing that fucking shithole off the face of the earth would do the human race a great service.

It would do the human race good making the nation's bread basket radioactive?

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:04 PM
It would do the human race good making the nation's bread basket radioactive? Liberal hate the conservatives because they hate the homos. They refuse to tolerate people who don't tolerate what they want them to tolerate and vice versa. In other words everybody wants to tell everybody else how to think.

FORD
02-17-2014, 06:09 PM
It would do the human race good making the nation's bread basket radioactive?

Well, it's either going to be that, or it will be forever poisoned by that toxic piece of shit pipeline, or else fracked into earthquake oblivion with other poisons. So might as well get it over with, and get rid of a bunch of fucking morons quickly.

FORD
02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Liberal hate the conservatives because they hate the homos. They refuse to tolerate people who don't tolerate what they want them to tolerate and vice versa. In other words everybody wants to tell everybody else how to think.

Liberals hate "conservatives" (who conserve NOTHING, by the way) because they have spent the last 33 years systematically destroying this fucking country. Their irrational hatred of people due to sexual orientation (or race, gender, etc.) is a "bonus".

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Liberals hate "conservatives" (who conserve NOTHING, by the way) because they have spent the last 33 years systematically destroying this fucking country. Their irrational hatred of people due to sexual orientation (or race, gender, etc.) is a "bonus".
In other words you refuse to tolerate anyone else's views and their right to have them. The other side thinks people like you are destroying America. Both sides are destroying America, you're just to blind to see it.

FORD
02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
In other words you refuse to tolerate anyone else's views and their right to have them. The other side thinks people like you are destroying America. Both sides are destroying America, you're just to blind to see it.

The very definition of blindness would be anybody who cannot comprehend the damage done to this country over the last 33 years by the BCE, the KKKochs, and the inbred morons who deliberately vote against their OWN interests to enable their destruction.

And then blame it on the homosexuals.....or whatever the group they are told to hate that week.

Believe what ever stupid shit you want to. But do it somewhere else, and stop fucking up my country with it.

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Believe what ever stupid shit you want to. But do it somewhere else, and stop fucking up my country with it.
How tolerant of you.

FORD
02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
You know what "tolerance" has brought us to?

1) Trans Pacific Partnershit (NOT a typo)

2) Keystone X-HELL Pipeline (also not a typo)

3) The end of net neutrality - which will kill the last form of honest media in this country, the Internet.

4) Scumcast/Time Whorener merger - which will make #3 even worse.

Any ONE of those 4 would cripple this country seriously. All 4 of them will KILL it. You really think I give a shit what a bunch of sister fucking (or sock fucking) inbreds think about two people of the same gender getting married right now?

I don't have a shred of tolerance left for ANYONE who has helped to enable any of the above.

Fuck 'em sideways with a chainsaw :chainsaw:

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
The very definition of blindness would be anybody who cannot comprehend the damage done to this country over the last 33 years by the BCE, the KKKochs, and the inbred morons who deliberately vote against their OWN interests to enable their destruction.

And then blame it on the homosexuals.....or whatever the group they are told to hate that week.

There's no sense arguing with a person who really believes they're right about everything. If you thought the world was flat you'd tell everyone who didn't they were wrong. I think the shit in Kansas is bullshit but conservatives aren't responsible for every bad thing that's happens whether you believe it or not.

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:46 PM
You know what tolerance has brought us to?

1) Trans Pacific Partnershit (NOT a typo)

2) Keystone X-HELL Pipeline (also not a typo)

3) The end of net neutrality - which will kill the last form of honest media in this country, the Internet.

4) Scumcast/Time Whorener merger - which will make #3 even worse.

Any ONE of those 4 would cripple this country seriously. All 4 of them will KILL it. You really think I give a shit what a bunch of sister fucking (or sock fucking) inbreds think about two people of the same gender getting married right now?
Where's your "The End Is Near" sign? Drink a beer or smoke a joint. You're going to have a stroke if you don't calm down. When did you become such a drama queen?

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Life is over as we know it. They don't like homos in Kansas. We're all doomed.

FORD
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
They also walk into churches and murder doctors in front of the entire congregation. You're probably OK with that too, right?

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Naw naw naw. You can get three months labor out of them in a camp. Then gas them. Arbeit Macht Frei!

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 07:50 PM
There's no sense arguing with a person who really believes they're right about everything. If you thought the world was flat you'd tell everyone who didn't they were wrong. I think the shit in Kansas is bullshit but conservatives aren't responsible for every bad thing that's happens whether you believe it or not.

Oh yes they are. Once they are all exterminated there will be a thousand years of glory!

FORD
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Oh yes they are. Once they are all exterminated there will be a thousand years of glory!

Now that almost sounded Biblical. Maybe JC will reply to this?

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 08:00 PM
They also walk into churches and murder doctors in front of the entire congregation. You're probably OK with that too, right?
I never said I approved of any of the shit you're talking about but you're so far out there with your hatred of people who don't agree with you it's frightening. You probably think it would be a good thing if republicans weren't even allowed to vote or run for office. You probably think they should be eliminated like Hitler tried to do to the Jews.

Hardrock69
02-17-2014, 08:08 PM
No, the atom bomb scenario was a figure of speech. Just go round up the Westboro Baptist Church and all the Replbicans who are in State, County and Local government, as well as those who voted for them, and ship them to North Korea. I hear Kum Dong Ill or whatever the goddam fuck his name is (Sockufuku?) needs more slave labor.

They wouldn't last long...the morons would be screaming and hollering about Jesus, and the guards would get tired of their crap real fast....

You think I am being serious about this shit? :hee:

Nice thought though, lol. I mean, they ARE all about law and order, and ordering everybody around over stupid shit back in Kansas.....you have the occasional oasis of intellect in the vast flat wastelands of corn-pone stupidity....Manhattan, Lawrence, Kansas City, Wichita....that's about it....Topeka is really not big enough to be considered a city....it is just a backwoods town that happens to be the fucking state capitol.

FORD
02-17-2014, 08:15 PM
I never said I approved of any of the shit you're talking about but you're so far out there with your hatred of people who don't agree with you it's frightening. You probably think it would be a good thing if republicans weren't even allowed to vote or run for office. You probably think they should be eliminated like Hitler tried to do to the Jews.

Hitler's approach wasn't at all what I had in mind for the pieces of shit who have destroyed this country......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtK-7w0PFG0

.... don't worry though. When that day comes, it will only be the actual guilty who are punished. Not the idiots who were foolish enough to be duped by them.

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Now that almost sounded Biblical. Maybe JC will reply to this?
He already has. He told me you'll be spending eternity with your other alias in hell. Not regular hell, BCE hell. Prescott's the head honcho and Hitler's the master at arms. The Gestapo will be your welcome wagon.

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Hitler's approach wasn't at all what I had in mind for the pieces of shit who have destroyed this country....
.... don't worry though. When that day comes, it will only be the actual guilty who are punished. Not the idiots who were foolish enough to be duped by them.:clock:

Hardrock69
02-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Funny....the fucktard is posting these messages:

This message is hidden because cadaverdog is on your ignore list.

Shows what a hysterical bitch he is! :hee:

FORD
02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Justice is coming eventually. Which side are you on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EnufbzFb0

Seshmeister
02-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Kansas senate killed the bill...

http://www.politicususa.net/2014/02/15/kansas-senate-senses-nixes-extreme-anti-gay-legislation.html

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Kansas senate killed the bill...

http://www.politicususa.net/2014/02/15/kansas-senate-senses-nixes-extreme-anti-gay-legislation.html
Fucking liberals.

cadaverdog
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Funny....the fucktard is posting these messages:

Shows what a hysterical bitch he is! :hee:
Nice post. You're so informed on the issues and make some valid points.

FORD
02-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Fucking liberals.

Actually no. If you read the article, you will note that it was fucking right wingers in the state senate who realized they were slitting their own throats (politically speaking) by passing such extreme fascist laws.

The article attributes this realization to an article by Andrew Sullivan, who himself is both gay AND conservative. He said.....

If the Republican Party wanted to demonstrate that it wants no votes from anyone under 40, it couldn’t have found a better way to do it. Some critics have reacted to this law with the view that it is an outrageous new version of Jim Crow and a terrifying portent of the future for gays in some red states. It is both of those. It’s the kind of law that Vladimir Putin would enthusiastically support. But it is also, to my mind, a fatal mis-step for the movement to keep gay citizens in a marginalized, stigmatized place.

Bareback Andy doesn't always get it right. He was an early supporter of the BCE wars, who later apologized for it. But his analysis of this one was pure Vulcan logic. Which makes it all the more ironic that the Ku Klux Klansas Senate agreed with him.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Liberal hate the conservatives because they hate the homos. They refuse to tolerate people who don't tolerate what they want them to tolerate and vice versa. In other words everybody wants to tell everybody else how to think.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think they're homos? WTF?

Nickdfresh
02-17-2014, 09:19 PM

Tolerance? Really? Aren't you the idiot basically arguing that we should be tolerant of Nazi's and their hatred of Jews? Douchebag...

Hardrock69
02-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Hey, let's send cadaverfucker to a kamp....:hee:

Hardrock69
02-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Yes, they realized that passage of this bill would destroy the Republican Party not just in Kansas, but on the national level. I bet the Senate Majority leader gets defeated in the next election.

Why?

Because she stopped the Republican Party from destroying itself.

That has been the intention of the Republican Party for the past 6 years or so. They have gone out of their way to destroy themselves.

What the hell is it called when a conservative political party attempts mass political suicide? Divine Justice? :hee:

Kristy
02-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey, let's send cadaverfucker to a kamp....:hee:

Better yet. Let him sit through one of your movies, Kirsten.

ELVIS
02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Or gaze at this image of evil...

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/AaymEMUGqama77nCBaiO7w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/344604981b266ee912383922c28342bf54fa12a3.jpg

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Hillary should be locked up in a padded cell. That woman is insane. The only reason her and Bill will never get a divorce is both of them could be forced to testify against each other in a court of law. They are stuck with each other and that is almost justice right there. LOL!

ELVIS
02-17-2014, 11:53 PM
No it isn't...

SunisinuS
02-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Hillary should be locked up in a padded cell. That woman is insane. The only reason her and Bill will never get a divorce is both of them could be forced to testify against each other in a court of law. They are stuck with each other and that is almost justice right there. LOL!

Now I need you to think about that. When you are dealing with two lawyers....like my brother was a lawyer.....all you have to do....is if clinton gets impeached you instead allow Al Gore to take over....and in that....he is allowed to appoint his own vice-president.....while Al is chief...he pardons Bill and appoints him vice president...then Al resigns and Bill re-appoints him vice president. All Legal. And not dogging the Constitution's rules. Bingo. That is how lawyers think.

Nitro Express
02-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Now I need you to think about that. When you are dealing with two lawyers....like my brother was a lawyer.....all you have to do....is if clinton gets impeached you instead allow Al Gore to take over....and in that....he is allowed to appoint his own vice-president.....while Al is chief...he pardons Bill and appoints him vice president...then Al resigns and Bill re-appoints him vice president. All Legal. And not dogging the Constitution's rules. Bingo. That is how lawyers think.

Pretty much. That's the problem. We have too many lawyers serving in political office. Heck they don't even try and game the system now. They just blatantly break the law. Nobody seems to do anything about it. I think everyone has dirt on everyone and they all are becoming multimillionaires in office from bribes and insider trading. There are those things called elections they have to worry about but now they are acting like those don't matter anymore either.

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Tolerance? Really? Aren't you the idiot basically arguing that we should be tolerant of Nazi's and their hatred of Jews?
No, you just don't understand plain english obviously. I said your buddies thinks anyone who doesn't think like he does should be eliminated like Hitler tried to eliminate the Jews. Douchebag...

Hardrock69
02-18-2014, 08:58 AM
I just realized something last night. There is a similar bill that has been introduced in Tennesee.

IF (as the Kansas Senators believe), passage of such legislation will destroy the Republican Party, then I want the bill to pass. It will get struck down by a court in no time. Meanwhile, the Republican Party implodes. The Free World wins. :D

FORD
02-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Same bill in Tennessee?

Sounds like its another one of those KKKoch funded ALEC scams then.... and eventually they will try it in every "red" state....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXUPDAMc_6o

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
You political experts want to blame the republicans for everything but the current administration is doing more to destroy this country than the last one. We owe more money to foriegn investers than ever and the national debt has skyrocketed but the republicans in Kansas don't want to serve homos so they're much worse. Obama might be a BCE man but he's still a democrat no matter how you spin it.

Nickdfresh
02-18-2014, 01:32 PM
No, you just don't understand plain english obviously. I said your buddies thinks anyone who doesn't think like he does should be eliminated like Hitler tried to eliminate the Jews. Douchebag...

No idiot. You're saying "liberals are intolerant" of conservatives for their intolerance. But the problem here is legislation against basic civil rights based on sexual preference you shithead! Nobody is banning anyone for being conservative, it's Kansas fucktardians that want to deny citizens their basic rights based on their personal lives! Just like Nazis restricted the Jews, which is my point though admittedly a stretch. Get a job and try being productive for once in your life! Douchebag.

Nickdfresh
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
You political experts want to blame the republicans for everything but the current administration is doing more to destroy this country than the last one. We owe more money to foriegn investers than ever and the national debt has skyrocketed but the republicans in Kansas don't want to serve homos so they're much worse. Obama might be a BCE man but he's still a democrat no matter how you spin it.

What do you care? Like you pay taxes...

FORD
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Now that's not fair......

The sales tax on all those socks he buys at Wal Mart adds up, ya know? :(

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Get a job and try being productive for once in your life!
I would but you'd still snivel and whine like you're doing now.

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Why do you care if they don't like fags in Kansas? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're a homo and you'll be fine.

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Tolerate this.:mad0248:

FORD
02-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Why do you care if they don't like Jews in Germany? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're a Jew and you'll be fine.

Why do you care if they don't like blacks in Mississippi? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're black and you'll be fine.

Why do you care if they don't like Palestinians in Israel? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're a Muslim and you'll be fine.

Why do you care if they don't like breeders in San Francisco? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're a hetero and you'll be fine.

Substitute any words you want.... it's still going to sound bigoted and stupid.

Nickdfresh
02-18-2014, 02:29 PM
I would but you'd still snivel and whine like you're doing now.

No I wouldn't, because then you wouldn't posting bullshit on the internet morning, noon, and night...

Nickdfresh
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Why do you care if they don't like fags in Kansas? You don't live there. If you go there just try not to let anyone know you're a homo and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't give a fuck what they thought of me in Kansas. What do you care about liberals? They're the ones giving you your handouts, dipshit! If anyone should stop bitching about the "nanny/welfare state," it's you!!

cadaverdog
02-18-2014, 07:16 PM
No I wouldn't, because then you wouldn't posting bullshit on the internet morning, noon, and night...
If I didn't you wouldn't have anything to bitch about. You don't give a fuck what I think about anything you just reply to my posts because you like talking shit about me.

Nickdfresh
02-18-2014, 07:17 PM
If I didn't you wouldn't have anything to bitch about. You don't give a fuck what I think about anything you just reply to my posts because you like talking shit about me.

Oh for FFS grab a Kleenex already! I'm glad you "hate" liberals actually!

cadaverdog
02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I guess the Kansas hates fags story got lost somehow. I think it's stupid no matter who's behind it. Liberals and conservatives are the same thing. Someone who wants everyone else to think or act like they do.

Hardrock69
02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Well people, you are witnessing the beginnings of the end of the Republican Party:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/20/arizona-state-senate-passes-bill-legalizing-anti-lgbt-discrimination/

The Republican-dominated Arizona state Senate passed a bill on Wednesday designed to provide legal cover for businesses that refuse to serve LGBT people.

KPHO in Phoenix reported that bill sponsor Sen. Steve Yarbrough (R) claims that the legislation protects the “religious freedom” of private business owners, but critics of the measure say that conservatives are attempting to codify bigotry into law.

Yarbrough proposed an earlier draft of the bill in January, but legal experts warned that as written, the bill could potentially discriminate against single women and individuals who do not practice the Christian faith.

Across the country, same-sex couples are gaining the right to marry. Alarmed that same-sex couples will attempt to pay them to practice their professions, Christian bakers, wedding photographers, florists and other professionals have drawn a line in the sand, refusing on the basis of “conscience” to provide the goods and services they freely supply to the rest of the population.

Conservative lawmakers in several states have rushed to the beleaguered business owners’ aid by attempting to pass laws that allow them to legally refuse to perform their jobs if they are doing so on the basis of “sincerely held religious beliefs.”

The bills follow a pattern established by retrogressive lawmakers in multiple states — including Idaho, Tennessee and Kansas — who are attempting to throw hurdles into the path of marriage equality. Rather than openly declare their anti-LGBT intentions, right-wing lawmakers and operatives have cloaked their prejudiced agenda in the guise of a quest to protect Christians’ “religious freedom.”

On Tuesday, however, Republican lawmakers in four states saw major setbacks in their attempts to pass these types of exclusionary laws.

Facing intense pushback from colleagues and constituents, GOP lawmakers have voted down, withdrawn or backtracked on their proposed anti-LGBT laws in Kansas, Idaho, South Dakota and Tennessee.

Freedom to Marry president Evan Wolfson told BuzzFeed, “Our opponents have lost the argument about gay people, they’ve lost the argument about marriage and all they have left is distractions, diversions, and desperate attempts to carve out the license to discriminate as they have tried in every other civil rights chapter in our nation’s history.”

Satan
02-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, that pretty much confirms that this is another KKKoch Brothers/ALEC scam.

There's no goddamned way that this shit starts up in three different red states within the same week without it being scripted.

FORD
02-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Well, that pretty much confirms that this is another KKKoch Brothers/ALEC scam.

There's no goddamned way that this shit starts up in three different red states within the same week without it being scripted.

And it's not just the red states. The fucking teabagging bastards are even trying it here in Washington State.

Granted, it will never pass the state senate, and Inslee would definitely veto it, in the microscopically small chance that it did, but the fact that it even exists, prove that it's boiler plate KKKoch/ALEC bullshit.......

Satan
02-21-2014, 10:44 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1920290_10152230542809255_2095370035_n.jpg

Satan
02-21-2014, 10:48 PM
BTW, that's from Rocco's Pizza in Tucson.....

http://www.roccoslittlechicago.com/

Great Chicago deep dish there, but they make the other kind too.

Satan
02-22-2014, 02:06 AM
The Daily Show Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook

Satan
02-22-2014, 02:07 AM

Satan
02-22-2014, 02:08 AM

FORD
02-24-2014, 12:35 AM
February 21, 2014 By George Takei
(http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/razing-arizona)
Dear Arizona,

Congratulations. You are now the first state actually to pass a bill permitting businesses–even those open to the public–to refuse to provide service to LGBT people based on an individual’s “sincerely held religious belief.” This “turn away the gay” bill enshrines discrimination into the law. Your taxi drivers can refuse to carry us. Your hotels can refuse to house us. And your restaurants can refuse to serve us.

Kansas tried to pass a similar law, but had the good sense to not let it come up for a vote. The quashing came only after the Kansas Chamber of Commerce and other traditional conservative groups came out strongly against the bill.

But not you, Arizona. You’re willing to ostracize and marginalize LGBT people to score political points with the extreme right of the Republican Party. You say this bill protects “religious freedom,” but no one is fooled. When I was younger, people used “God’s Will” as a reason to keep the races separate, too. Make no mistake, this is the new segregation, yours is a Jim Crow law, and you are about to make yourself ground zero.

This bill also saddens me deeply. Brad and I have strong ties to Arizona. Brad was born in Phoenix, and we vacation in Show Low. We have close friends and relatives in the state and spend weeks there annually. We even attended the Fourth of July Parade in Show Low in 2012, looking like a pair of Arizona ranchers.

The law is breathtaking in its scope. It gives bigotry against us gays and lesbians a powerful and unprecedented weapon. But your mean-spirited representatives and senators know this. They also know that it is going to be struck down eventually by the courts. But they passed it anyway, just to make their hateful opinion of us crystal clear.

So let me make mine just as clear. If your Governor Jan Brewer signs this repugnant bill into law, make no mistake. We will not come. We will not spend. And we will urge everyone we know–from large corporations to small families on vacation–to boycott. Because you don’t deserve our dollars. Not one red cent.

And maybe you just never learn. In 1989, you voted down recognition of the Martin Luther King holiday, and as a result, conventions and tourists boycotted the state, and the NFL moved the Superbowl to Pasadena. That was a $500 million mistake.

So if our appeals to equality, fairness, and our basic right to live in a civil society without doors being slammed in our face for being who we are don’t move you, I’ll bet a big hit to your pocketbook and state coffers will.

George Takei

FORD
02-25-2014, 04:57 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1239376_784987681529823_1862528127_n.jpg

FORD
02-25-2014, 04:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1978867_461587963968590_350443542_n.jpg

Satan
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
OK, now this is just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that only about 6.66% of my demons are gay, and none of them are on Obama's payroll...........

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/2JCJE0HaFek/hqdefault.jpg

Nitro Express
02-26-2014, 01:53 PM
The states should be preparing themselves for the inevitable failure of the US Federal Reserve Note by setting up state banks and having an emergency financial plan in place to keep their economies going until a more permanent solution can be ironed out. They also should be working with other states on organizing a constitutional convention to end the corruption in the US Federal Government who's action currently is bringing constitutional crisis, risking World War III, and economic failure.

We are worrying about gays with these kind of problems? This country has literally gone to the coo coo house. Hell Arizona should just sponsor a gay parade and gay olympics so massive it would make the Castro District in San Fransisco jealous. That would shut up the Obama Administration and fuck with their little minds. Rebel by giving them a gargantuan dose of what they are accusing you of discriminating against. Nobody gives a shit. This is all cooked up by the media. It's all a red herring to take the attention off the scandals and failure to solve legitimate problems.

The truth is everyone gets in trouble when they fuck like dogs in the street.

The religious right are so stupid. They fall for the bait every time. It's all engineered to ruffle feathers and get everyone arguing over something while the corruption in Washington and on Wall Street run unchallenged. Distract them with the gays, get them to waste their resources on it, steal them blind while they are distracted. Just like gypsy pick pockets. Instead they should just ignore this non sense or have some fun and be so gay nobody can be any gayer. The Obama Administration will have to get to work cooking up a new distraction.

It's all media games. We don't throw rocks or set things on fire in this country. We play media games.

Nitro Express
02-26-2014, 02:09 PM
http://youtu.be/RIIe9kf_3w0

...and remember folks. Don't take this shit seriously. The purpose of life is to enjoy the freak show.

cadaverdog
02-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Just about every restaraunt has a sign that says we reserve the right refuse service to anyone on the wall. The owner should also have the right to fire you if you refuse to serve someone. The government shouldn't be giving their employees on any level the same right to refuse service or take away the right of their supervisor to fire them for doing it. I believe homosexuality is abnormal behavior but it's not illegal so they shouldn't be treated any differently while they're doing business with the government. If a privately owned business wants to let their employees pick and choice their customers let them as long as customers can pick and choice who they do business with. Why give your money to someone you don't want to if you don't have to?

Satan
02-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Obama isn't cooking up this distraction, the KKKoch brothers are.

The fact that this dragonshit is happening in so many states at the exact same time is evidence that it's another ALEC cookie cutter "model legislation" scam.

But of course the KKKochs have even more reason for distraction. You focus the activists on fighting 12th century bigotry, it gives them less time to focus on fighting the Keystone Death Pipeline and the Southern Hemisphere and Asian Free Trade Agreement (SHAFTA) - AKA the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement.

WACF
02-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Obama isn't cooking up this distraction, the KKKoch brothers are.

The fact that this dragonshit is happening in so many states at the exact same time is evidence that it's another ALEC cookie cutter "model legislation" scam.

But of course the KKKochs have even more reason for distraction. You focus the activists on fighting 12th century bigotry, it gives them less time to focus on fighting the Keystone Death Pipeline and the Southern Hemisphere and Asian Free Trade Agreement (SHAFTA) - AKA the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement.

Overall you are pretty damn bright at seeing through some of this...but...there is always a but...

Obama is right beside PM Harper on the political compass last time I looked(a month ago or so)...you think Harper is a Neo-Con...then Obama must be too.
Sure as shit Obama is either a complete idiot or in on this.

The Keystone thing...pull back a bit and see you are taking some pretty obvious bait.

The current amount of pipelines in place...this is small.

The oil will move by rail...who benefits in the states? billionaires who own the rails.
Balken oil from the US...which is more volatile than the "Tar Sands Poison"...is moving now through Eastern Canada...and that too should be stopped.

But that is not the agenda of these people.

They misinform you....hire activists in Canada and the US to hold signs.
The Rockefeller Center puts millions into advertising against Canadian Oil.

The Coal industry in California is doing more damage then so called "Tar sands"...why not attack that?

Because your sources are not paid too...

I am sure a lot of posters look to you and Nitro and figure you guys are out there...but there is something to this.

Satan
02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm no fan of the coal industry either. A lot of folks up there have this misconception that coal is what we use down here to power the fires of Hell, but that's not the case. We use nothing but 666% locally sourced geothermal energy.

You could call it "green" energy, if one could use a term like "green" to apply to anything in Hell. I don't know why you mortals just don't pull the trigger on wind and solar and hemp and whatever other renewable, non destructive forms of energy you can find.

Actually, I do know.... it's called greed. Nobody can own the sun or the wind. You can own hemp, but it will grow just about anywhere so ownership of it can't be controlled like oil, or coal, or even inferior biosources like GMO corn.

I get blamed for greed, of course. I'm sorry I ever invented it. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

As far as Barry Obama goes, he's deliberately NOT saying anything about the pipeline, and I'm guessing he won't until mid November, because he knows he would lose the Senate if he dared to approve that piece of shit before then. There's also the slight chance that John Kerry is serious in his environmental statements of recent days and he may be opposing the pipeline (and since it crosses the border, the State department gets a vote on the issue)

Satan
02-26-2014, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/63qDsTC.jpg

Nitro Express
02-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Obama and Harper work for the bankers who have bought and blackmailed themselves into running the western world. They own North America. They own Europe. NATO no longer serves saving western Europe from invasion. It's serves the bankers geopolitical interest. Want to start your own central bank? NATO will attack you. NATO serves GOD. Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

It's pretty stupid to burn our oil reserves for fuel. It's more useful as a chemical base. There was a wheat farmer in Washington state growing canola as a rotation crop. He was then making his own biodiesel from the canola and running his farm equipment off it. I guess making your own biodiesel is not that hard to do. Unfortunately he ran his mouth too much and the media got hold of it. They ran a story and the next thing he knows the feds come in and go after him for not paying a fuel tax. Basically, the oil companies that bought our federal government don't want energy self-sufficiency. They are there to ensure big oil remains king. Think about that the next time there is a big oil spill and the government does nothing and just lets the oil company handle it.

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, let's focus this thread on the Bigotry bills. I just split off all the BCE/911/conspiracy stuff from earlier, and we already have threads on the Keystone pipeline, the banksters and whatnot.

Nitro Express
02-26-2014, 04:24 PM
These bigotry bills just take our attention off the bigger issues like energy. They are a distraction. I mean everyone knew Gomer was gay but Mayberry didn't implode because of it. LOL!

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:27 PM
"In this new up-is-down world, anti-gay religious folks are 'practicing their faith' when they're baking cakes or renting out hotel rooms to travelers."

—By Dana Liebelson
Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/02/gay-discrimination-bills-religious-freedom-jim-crow)
Thu Feb. 20, 2014 3:00 AM GMT

Kansas set off a national firestorm last week when the GOP-controlled House passed a bill that would have allowed anyone to refuse to do business with same-sex couples by citing religious beliefs. The bill, which covered both private businesses and individuals, including government employees, would have barred same-sex couples from suing anyone who denies them food service, hotel rooms, social services, adoption rights, or employment—as long as the person denying the service said he or she had a religious objection to homosexuality. As of this week, the legislation was dead in the Senate. But the Kansas bill is not a one-off effort.

Republicans lawmakers and a network of conservative religious groups has been pushing similar bills in other states, essentially forging a national campaign that, critics say, would legalize discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Republicans in Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, and Tennessee recently introduced provisions that mimic the Kansas legislation. And Arizona, Hawaii, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Mississippi have introduced broader "religious freedom" bills with a unique provision that would also allow people to deny services or employment to LGBT Americans, legal experts say.

"This is a concerted campaign that the religious Right has been hinting at for a couple of years now," says Evan Hurst, associate director of Truth Wins Out, a Chicago-based nonprofit that promotes gay rights. "The fact that they're doing it Jim Crow-style is remarkable, considering the fact that one would think the GOP would like to be electable among people under 50 sometime in the near future."

Several of these measures have sprung up within a short period of time. The Kansas bill was introduced by Republican state Rep. Charles Macheers on January 16. On January 28, Idaho state Rep. Lynn Luker (R-Boise) introduced a bill that would prohibit the state from yanking the professional licenses of people who deny service or employment to anyone (including LGBT customers) on the basis of their religious beliefs. (There's an exception for emergency responders.) Luker has since pulled that bill back into committee, to address concerns about the language being discriminatory.

On January 30, a coalition of Republican senators and representatives in South Dakota introduced a bill that would have allowed a business to refuse to serve or people due to their sexual orientation, or be compelled to hire someone because of their sexual orientation. Under this measure, a gay person who brought a lawsuit charging discrimination based on sexual orientation could have faced punitive damages of no less than $2,000. The bill also declared that it is protected speech to tell someone that his or her lifestyle is "wrong or a sin." The bill was killed this week by the state Senate judiciary committee.

On February 5, Republicans introduced legislation in both chambers of the Tennessee Legislature allowing a person or company to refuse to provide services such as food, accommodation, counseling, adoption, or employment to people in civil unions or same-sex marriages, or transgender individuals, "if doing so would violate the sincerely held religious beliefs​ of the person." (Government employees are excluded.) State Rep. Bill Dunn (R-Knoxville) tells Mother Jones that he sponsored the bill because "a person shouldn't get sued for choosing not to participate in a person's wedding." But this week, the bill's lead sponsor in the Senate, Sen. Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown), shelved the measure until next year after facing heavy criticism. And in Oregon, voters could have the opportunity this year to vote on a ballot initiative that would also allow people to refuse on religious grounds to support same-sex couples.

In addition to these bills, lawmakers in Arizona, Hawaii, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Mississippi have recently introduced Religious Freedom Restoration Acts with a provision that could also allow discrimination against LGBT Americans. These state-sponsored RFRAs, which aim to stop new laws from burdening religious exercise, are nothing new—29 states already have some kind of RFRA in place through legislation or court action. But legal experts say that these particular bills are unique in that they allow individuals—and in some states, businesses—to cite religion as a defense in a private lawsuit. In the past, courts have been split on the issue. But in 2012, in New Mexico, a photographer tried to use religion in court as grounds for refusing to photograph a same-sex wedding. Last year, the photographer's studio lost its discrimination lawsuit. The bills are a direct reaction to that lawsuit, say multiple legal experts. "The Kansas bill is more obvious, but some of these RFRAs will have similar effects…they're just as bad," says Maggie Garrett, legislative counsel for Americans United for the Separation of Church and State.

The RFRAs and the bills that target same-sex marriage have been pushed by Republican lawmakers, but in some cases, they were first promoted or drafted by a network of conservative Christian groups. According to the Wichita Eagle, the American Religious Freedom Program (ARFP)—which is part of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, a conservative organization founded in 1976—crafted the language for the Kansas bill. Brian Walsh, executive director of the ARFP, which supports religious freedom measures, acknowledges that his group consulted with the legislators on the bill, but he says that lots of other groups did as well: "We gave them suggestions and they took some of them." Walsh says that ARFP was contacted by legislators who wrote the Tennessee bill and that the group frequently talked to legislators in South Dakota about "religious freedom" but not the state's specific bill. Julie Lynde, executive director of Cornerstone Family Council in Idaho, one of many state groups that are part of Citizen Link, a branch of Focus on the Family, told Al Jazeera America, "We've been involved in working on the language" of the Idaho bill. Another member of Citizen Link, the Arizona Policy Center, has been active in supporting the Arizona bill. And the Oregon ballot initiative was proposed by Friends of Religious Freedom, a conservative Oregon nonprofit.

Walsh told Mother Jones he believes these bills, particularly the one in Kansas, have been misunderstood, and the aim is not to facilitate discrimination against the LGBT community. "Our goal—and we suspect the goal of others—has been to try to find the right balance between fully protecting religious freedom and other civil liberties so that both sides of the marriage debate can coexist harmoniously," he says. But Eunice Rho, advocacy and policy counsel for the ACLU, takes a different stance: "These bills are discriminatory, pure and simple."

"This seems to be a concerted Hail Mary campaign to carve out special rights for religious conservatives so that they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else does," says Hurst, from Truth Wins Out. "In this new up-is-down world, anti-gay religious folks are 'practicing their faith' when they're baking cakes or renting out hotel rooms to travelers. On the ground, [these bills] hurt real, live LGBT people."

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:29 PM
These bigotry bills just take our attention off the bigger issues like energy. They are a distraction. I mean everyone knew Gomer was gay but Mayberry didn't implode because of it. LOL!

There's already a thread on energy if you want to talk about energy. Use it.

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Meanwhile, back in the bizarro world of the bigoted religious reich.... they acknowledge Jim Crow bigotry, but think it's against THEM! :headlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXkoRp468Q

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:51 PM
And Pat thinks it's unAmerican to oppose bigotry! :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52chQI_Lkjo

BTW, Pat, your soup nazi analogy totally missed the point. They called him a nazi for a reason, idiot!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
i want all my posts removed now that the title has been hacked :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-26-2014, 04:56 PM
is it not true that AZ's bill would simply protect bus. owners from lawsuits?

FORD
02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Not a big fan of CNN these days, but I have to admit that Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper owned this AZ assclown.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0on8UHKB6k

FORD
02-26-2014, 05:15 PM
is it not true that AZ's bill would simply protect bus. owners from lawsuits?

Yes, that's the literal wording of all of these ALEC cookie cutter bills that are popping up all over the country. But the implication is obvious..... Discriminate against those goddamn queers, and they can't do shit, because you're doing it in the "name of God".

As Anderson Cooper pointed out, gays are not legally protected from discrimination in Arizona as it is, so the law isn't even necessary for bigots to be bigoted. But the whole point of ALEC cookie cutter legislation is for it to spread virally from state to state. Like the disease that it is......

And the fact that the KKKochs/ALEC also support so-called "tort reform" (i.e. taking away the ability to sue any business for ANY reason) doesn't hurt their overall agenda here, to use this bigotry as a pre-emptive strike against legal remedies while they are at it.

FORD
02-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Funniest thing about that idiot Fischer's rant above.......

He thinks the NFL are now part of "Big Gay" because they now have ONE openly gay future player (who hasn't even been drafted to a fucking team yet, for fucks sake).

Why isn't the NBA part of "Big Gay"? At least they now actually have a gay player signed to a team.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Yes, that's the literal wording of all of these ALEC cookie cutter bills that are popping up all over the country. But the implication is obvious..... Discriminate against those goddamn queers, and they can't do shit, because you're doing it in the "name of God".

As Anderson Cooper pointed out, gays are not legally protected from discrimination in Arizona as it is, so the law isn't even necessary for bigots to be bigoted. But the whole point of ALEC cookie cutter legislation is for it to spread virally from state to state. Like the disease that it is......

And the fact that the KKKochs/ALEC also support so-called "tort reform" (i.e. taking away the ability to sue any business for ANY reason) doesn't hurt their overall agenda here, to use this bigotry as a pre-emptive strike against legal remedies while they are at it.

so the fucks that don't want gays business won't get gays business

Satan
02-26-2014, 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvW9tavjxJg

Satan
02-26-2014, 05:25 PM
so the fucks that don't want gays business won't get gays business

Well..... as Stephanie Miller just said on the radio, let's see how many hardware stores go out of business if they refuse to sell to Lesbians.

And let's hope no Subaru dealerships are owned by homophobes.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Well..... as Stephanie Miller just said on the radio, let's see how many hardware stores go out of business if they refuse to sell to Lesbians.

And let's hope no Subaru dealerships are owned by homophobes.

there might be a few in gilbert and some in mesa. truly much ado about nothin'. people in business are there to make money not push it away

cadaverdog
02-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I think all Ford's political threads should be moved to a new forum called Ford's Soapbox. That way all the political activists that post here can get their daily fix of unbiased political commentary from a forum named in honor of that legendary Roth Army veteran.

Satan
02-26-2014, 05:42 PM
:deadhorse::first::sockfucker:

Satan
02-26-2014, 05:48 PM
there might be a few in gilbert and some in mesa. truly much ado about nothin'. people in business are there to make money not push it away

You would think so...... but look at all those lunch counters back in the 50s that "pushed money away" in defense of racism.

Or even more recently, and in Arizona no less, the amount of money the state lost when they moved the Super Bowl out of Phoenix because that piece of shit Meacham refused the MLK holiday. Or even in the last few years, when that old hag Brewer signed the "show your papers please" law, and many people chose to boycott AZ as a result.

Hell, for that matter just look at all the idiots who voted for Chimpy in 2004 because there were gay marriage bans on the ballot.

Sometimes people can and DO act against their own economic interests in the name of bigotry.

Reportedly, a lot of business owners in AZ are begging hag Brewer to veto this Bigotry bill, because they recognize the economic reality of it. Let's hope they get through her thick and empty skull.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-26-2014, 05:57 PM
it will

Seshmeister
02-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I think all Ford's political threads should be moved to a new forum called Ford's Soapbox. That way all the political activists that post here can get their daily fix of unbiased political commentary from a forum named in honor of that legendary Roth Army veteran.

I started this thread.

cadaverdog
02-26-2014, 06:33 PM
I started this thread.
I didn't mention this thread but I had assumed he had started it. I agree the law is stupid and discriminatory but it always ends up with a these guys they're ruining this country story instead of just saying the law is stupid and discriminitory.

FORD
02-26-2014, 06:42 PM
I didn't mention this thread but I had assumed he had started it. I agree the law is stupid and discriminatory but it always ends up with a these guys they're ruining this country story instead of just saying the law is stupid and discriminitory.

Clearly there is a group (the KKKoch funded ALEC) attempting to pass the same legislation in multiple states at the same time, which means they are attempting to make the results of that legislation national. And if that legislation is discriminatory (as this is), then that meets the very definition of "ruining this country".

cadaverdog
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Clearly there is a group (the KKKoch funded ALEC) attempting to pass the same legislation in multiple states at the same time, which means they are attempting to make the results of that legislation national. And if that legislation is discriminatory (as this is), then that meets the very definition of "ruining this country".
Groups attempted to pass legislation in multiple states at the same time in favor of same sex marriage too. Who's behind that? Sounds like the same scenario to me.

FORD
02-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Groups attempted to pass legislation in multiple states at the same time in favor of same sex marriage too. Who's behind that? Sounds like the same scenario to me.

I don't know of any billionaire funded lobbyist group handing out cookie cutter "model legislation" bills in favor of marriage equality. As far as I know, these are local actions usually taking the form of a legal challenge in the courts, or a citizen ballot measure brought about by residents of that state. They may well cite a judicial decision in another state as a legal precedent (or other things, such as the 14th amendment) but that's still the polar opposite of the KKKoch/ALEC blueprint.

FORD
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Jan Brewer Announces Veto Of Arizona Anti-Gay Bill SB 1062
Posted: 02/26/2014 7:50 pm EST Updated: 02/26/2014 7:59 pm EST

WASHINGTON -- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) announced her decision to veto legislation on Wednesday that would have allowed businesses to legally refuse service to anyone on "religious freedom" grounds, effectively allowing them to discriminate against same-sex couples.

Brewer said the bill had "the potential to create more problems than it purports to solve."

"Senate Bill 1062 does not address a specific or present concern related to religious liberty in Arizona," she said. "I have not heard one example where business owners' religious liberty has been violated."

The state legislature passed the bill, known as SB 1062, last week. But in recent days, it has come under intense criticism from activists, lawmakers and business interests both in Arizona and nationally. The state's two Republican senators, Jeff Flake and John McCain, called on Brewer to veto it, and major corporations like Marriott, Apple and American Airlines all wrote to the governor and expressed their opposition.

Businesses in the Phoenix area were also especially worried, with the Super Bowl set to be held in nearby Tempe in 2015. On Monday, the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee came out against SB 1062, stating, "[W]e have heard loud and clear from our various stakeholders that adoption of this legislation would not only run contrary to that goal but deal a significant blow to the state's economic growth potential. We do not support this legislation."

Arizona hasn't been the only state pushing a bill that would allow open discrimination against same-sex couples; similar bills have been popping up in states including Tennessee, Kansas, South Dakota and Maine.

FORD
02-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh geezus.... the teabagging imbeciles over at RimJob's Digital Trailer Park are going absolutely INSANE over Jan Brewer's "betrayal".

Hell.... they're even making up entirely new names for her........

RINO HOMOSEXUALIST.

Time to boycott Arizona.
1 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:57:14 PM by markomalley

To: markomalley

Jan Brewer will go down as a spineless homosexual ganglia. What a joke she was. They will not TRUMP GOD. Leviticus tells us what to do in the face of abomination.

3 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:59:05 PM by SADMILLIE

Brewer shows that she opposes the First Amendment in her veto of this bill. The next stage of this slippery slope is to force a God-fearing doctor to perform an abortion. The bill was a stand for freedom and liberty and was based upon the Eternal, Inerrant Word of God.

7 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:00:06 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

Really?? DP? Doesn't that stand for "double penetration"? Now, that's not possible without two male sex organs present, so isn't that kinda "gay", dumb teabagging Freeper??

What Brewer doesn't realize that is it is never enough with these people. Already, they're plotting and scheming to force AZ churches to recognize homosexual weddings.

And I'm done with the NFL. They can go piss up a rope.
16 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:03:27 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (15 years of FReeping! Congratulations EEE!!)

All you little people must make cakes for homosexuals, or else you will be shipped to the concentration camp... where you will make cakes for homosexuals.

32 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:08:37 PM by sagar

Hmmm..... "sagar"? shorthand for S. Hagar, perhaps? He IS a BCE loving, Dana Rohrbacher funding Repuke, after all......

More bigoted nonsense hysteria at -------->http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3127393/posts :lmao:

Nitro Express
02-27-2014, 03:24 AM
Honestly. Most gay people you aren't even going to know they are gay unless they are really flaming it or holding hands or something. I mean there is a proper time and place for everything. It's rude for anyone to sit there and make out in a restaurant in front of everyone and having open sex on the lunch counter will probably land you in jail in most parts of the country.

Seshmeister
02-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Using religion as a way to attack gays leaves the door open to anything.

What's to stop someone starting a Nazi religion which worships Hitler as a god? Under this legislation they would be able to ban Jews from their bars or restaurants.

Or an anti black religion like Mormonism was until quite recently?

You don't even need to invent a religion you can just cherry pick pretty much any shit from the bible which is of course what they are doing with the gay thing - something so crucial to the religion that the Jesus character doesn't even bother mentioning it.

The market forces argument is flawed because who wants to have the threat hanging over them that some dickhead can throw you out because you are gay, black, jewish etc.

Seshmeister
02-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Not a big fan of CNN these days, but I have to admit that Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper owned this AZ assclown.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0on8UHKB6k

Senator Assclown is running to become Governor Assclown this year.

Nickdfresh
02-27-2014, 08:28 AM
^^ That guy makes Gerald Ford look like Abraham Lincoln in comparison...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-27-2014, 09:06 AM
The market forces argument is flawed because who wants to have the threat hanging over them that some dickhead can throw you out because you are gay, black, jewish etc.

what type of business owner would do that?

Seshmeister
02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
It's a bit of a stretch but imagine ELVIS was a business owner. :)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-27-2014, 11:34 AM
It's a bit of a stretch but imagine ELVIS was a business owner. :)

you think he would turn away money from a transsexual that was buyin' jambalaya from his food cart?

VetteLS5
02-27-2014, 01:18 PM
you think he would turn away money from a transsexual that was buyin' jambalaya from his food cart?

Transexual? No. Black or jewish transexual? Hmmmm.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Transexual? No. Black or jewish transexual? Hmmmm.

blewish? :biggrin:

FORD
02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
By David Ferguson
Thursday, February 27, 2014 15:48 EST (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/27/cakes-and-gay-tea-partier-frets-about-wedding-tyranny-in-arizona/)

Tea Party Nation president Judson Phillips said that Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R)’s veto on the state’s “Turn Away the Gays” law means Christian workers will be forced into “slavery” for same-sex couples because they dare not refuse to work for them.

Right Wing Watch reported that Phillips published a column on Tea Party Nation’s website on Thursday in which he fretted that Christian bakers will be forced to make penis-shaped cakes and that religious wedding photographers will be forced to stand by and helplessly take pictures of naked revelers performing lewd acts.

“The left and the homosexual lobby are both pushing slavery using the Orwellian concepts of ‘tolerance’ and ‘inclusiveness,’” wrote Phillips.

Brewer’s veto of SB 1062, he said, will have hellish consequences that will shock and horrify the righteous people of that state.

“Should a devote [sic] baker be required to create a cake for a homosexual wedding that has a giant phallic symbol on it or should a baker be required to create pastries for a homosexual wedding in the shape of genitallia [sic]?” he fumed.

“Or should a photographer be required to photograph a homosexual wedding where the participants decide they want to be nude or engage in sexual behavior?” he asked. “Would they force a Jewish photographer to work a Klan or Nazi event? How about forcing a Muslim caterer to work a pork barbecue dinner?”

“SB 1062 is a bigger story than simply the story of a cowardly governor who has no core beliefs,” he wrote. “SB 1062 is the story of liberalism at work in America.”

“Liberalism is the paranoid belief that leftists have that somewhere, someone may be thinking for themselves,” he went on. “It is tyranny on the march.”

FORD
02-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, because "Liberalism" is so fucking huge in Arizona, the home of Bony Brewer, Sheriff Joey Hitler, Jeff Flakey, and "Bomb Iran" McCain. :rolleyes:

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Some judge would just declare it unconstitutional if this legislation passed anyway. Several states passed laws against same sex marriage by a vote of the people and one by one some judge overruled them.

FORD
02-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Some judge would just declare it unconstitutional if this legislation passed anyway. Several states passed laws against same sex marriage by a vote of the people and one by one some judge overruled them.

Which was the correct decision, according to the Constitution.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 05:38 PM
There's no laws on the books as far as I know making it illegal for members of the same sex to live together so other than the legal ramifications why do they need to be legally married anyway? Pass a law that says any two people can form a legal partnership reguardless of sex or sexual orientation and take the morality out of it altogether. Two hetero men or women living together and sharing assets should have the same rights as everbody else.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Which was the correct decision, according to the Constitution.
According to one persons interpretation of the constitution is the real reality.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 05:43 PM
A law could pass with a unanimous vote of the people and one judge can overturn it if it doesn't fit their agenda. That should be ruled unconstitutional.

FORD
02-27-2014, 05:52 PM
91% of the American people supposedly "approved" of the Chimp in a poll taken in late September 2001. All 91% of them were wrong.

There's a poll right now claiming 80% of Democrats support Hillary Clinton for President, yet I live in a solid Democratic neighborhood in a Blue state, and I cannot find a single person who would vote for her in a primary. Most of them probably would in November, but only in the "lesser of two evils" sense. Certainly not in a primary or caucus though.

So you can throw numbers around all you want, but that's not what matters.

What matters is the rule of law. And the supreme law of this land is the Constitution. Which reads......

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
I guess for the people by the people means nothing anymore. You overturn a law voted for by the people and accuse them of discrimination if they don't like it. I'm sure that's what the writers of the constitution were shooting for.

FORD
02-27-2014, 06:08 PM
There's no laws on the books as far as I know making it illegal for members of the same sex to live together so other than the legal ramifications why do they need to be legally married anyway? Pass a law that says any two people can form a legal partnership reguardless of sex or sexual orientation and take the morality out of it altogether. Two hetero men or women living together and sharing assets should have the same rights as everbody else.

Uhhh.... what do you think a marriage license IS?

There is no "morality" involved in marriage licenses. You can choose to have a judge marry you, or a priest, or a rabbi, or a buddhist monk, or an African witch doctor, or Captain Stupid on the Love Boat, but that's all just for show. You still get the same piece of paper.

But you cannot have one piece of paper for hetero couples and a different piece of paper for homo couples, because then you're right back to separate drinking fountains and all that kind of bullshit. Churches should be free to do whatever ceremonies they want, but legally there should be no difference between a straight marriage and a gay one.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Uhhh.... what do you think a marriage license IS?

There is no "morality" involved in marriage licenses. You can choose to have a judge marry you, or a priest, or a rabbi, or a buddhist monk, or an African witch doctor, or Captain Stupid on the Love Boat, but that's all just for show. You still get the same piece of paper.

But you cannot have one piece of paper for hetero couples and a different piece of paper for homo couples, because then you're right back to separate drinking fountains and all that kind of bullshit. Churches should be free to do whatever ceremonies they want, but legally there should be no difference between a straight marriage and a gay one.
Who says you need a piece of paper to get married? you need a piece of paper to get legally married not married. What about polygamists? Where's their rights?

Nitro Express
02-27-2014, 06:11 PM
91% of the American people supposedly "approved" of the Chimp in a poll taken in late September 2001. All 91% of them were wrong.

There's a poll right now claiming 80% of Democrats support Hillary Clinton for President, yet I live in a solid Democratic neighborhood in a Blue state, and I cannot find a single person who would vote for her in a primary. Most of them probably would in November, but only in the "lesser of two evils" sense. Certainly not in a primary or caucus though.

So you can throw numbers around all you want, but that's not what matters.

What matters is the rule of law. And the supreme law of this land is the Constitution. Which reads......

I think that stat on Hillary is rigged. Most the Democrats (Working for a living wage union types) I know seem to view the party as selling them out and Hillary as a big fat thighed fake. I think you are right. Nobody wants that psychotic bitch in power. I mean look, you have the Obama Administration trying to sneak onto that pacific trade treaty. The even have the Teamsters Union unhappy and fighting them on it. The current Democrat party will sell your job out as bad as a Koch Brother Republican will. There is no current difference.

FORD
02-27-2014, 06:11 PM
I guess for the people by the people means nothing anymore. You overturn a law voted for by the people and accuse them of discrimination if they don't like it. I'm sure that's what the writers of the constitution were shooting for.

If civil rights were put up for popular vote, most of the Confederate states would still be segregated. Most of the fools going crazy over same sex marriage would be fine with that too, of course :meinsmiley:

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Nobody wants that psychotic bitch in power.
That's something I will agree on. Bitch couldn't even control her husband's penis how the hell's she going to run this country?

Nitro Express
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Who says you need a piece of paper to get married? you need a piece of paper to get legally married not married. What about polygamists? Where's their rights?

I tell people if they want to legalize non-traditional marriage they better get ready for more polygamy. It only works if you have more females than males. Unless you have the males killed off in a war or something male and female populations tend to be equal. What happens is the guys with the power and money keep getting younger trophy wives and the poor young guys have the young women stollen from them. Then they often get booted from the pack. You end up with a Colorado City type situation or what you often see in some middle east countries. The rich sugar daddies steal the prime women. Who wants to open the door to that bullshit?

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:20 PM
If civil rights were put up for popular vote, most of the Confederate states would still be segregated. Most of the fools going crazy over same sex marriage would be fine with that too, of course :meinsmiley:
Congtatulations, you just stereotyped the entire south to fit your agenda. People in the south are all racists that hate homos. It's been that way since the first cracker moved south.

FORD
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Congtatulations, you just stereotyped the entire south to fit your agenda. People in the south are all racists that hate homos. It's been that way since the first cracker moved south.

How many of these states immediately moved to disrupt voting after Fat Tony Scalia and his 4 BCE pals gutted the Voting Rights act of 1964?

Now stop trying to derail the thread, Socky.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
The rich sugar daddies steal the prime women. Who wants to open the door to that bullshit?
Open a door that's already open? Gold diggers dig gold that's why they're called gold diggers.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:25 PM
How many of these states immediately moved to disrupt voting after Fat Tony Scalia and his 4 BCE pals gutted the Voting Rights act of 1964?

Now stop trying to derail the thread, Socky.
I'm talking about the situation in Kansas and you're talking about the BCE again but I'm derailing the thread?

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:28 PM
If you can't win an argument by debating the issue try calling people cute little names like socky or claim they're derailing the thread that always works real good.

FORD
02-27-2014, 06:31 PM
I tell people if they want to legalize non-traditional marriage they better get ready for more polygamy. It only works if you have more females than males. Unless you have the males killed off in a war or something male and female populations tend to be equal. What happens is the guys with the power and money keep getting younger trophy wives and the poor young guys have the young women stollen from them. Then they often get booted from the pack. You end up with a Colorado City type situation or what you often see in some middle east countries. The rich sugar daddies steal the prime women. Who wants to open the door to that bullshit?

A friend of mine used to work with a Mormon guy who got around the polygamy laws his own way. He would marry one woman at a time, then divorce her and marry another one, and kept doing this until he had married several women. Legally, he was only married to one, but he still considered all of them to be his wives, and since he was a rich insurance executive, he could afford to support all of them, and was convinced that they would be one big happy family when he became God of his own planet.

OK..... whatever. At least he was technically within the law. He can argue the rest of it with Elohim, his Heavenly Father, I guess.

It's not for me, and I don't think I'd want multiple mothers in law, but as long as he's supporting the "wives" and kids and not asking for multiple married tax privileges, I don't have any reason to worry about it.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
If the only way you can be happy is to post biased political commentary 24/7 on a site where nobody gives a hairy rat's ass about it enough to do anything other than talk about it keep on truckin'. You can rant and rave till the cows come home and nothing's going to change because you do it. I can also see I'm fueling you're obsession by debating your observations too. Post whatever you want. I'll just have to try and ignore it no matter how much I disagree.

FORD
02-27-2014, 06:53 PM
:deadhorse::first::sockfucker:

Nickdfresh
02-27-2014, 08:23 PM

Because they own shit, have children, sometimes get in serious accidents and go on life-support or die and might want to decide who gets their shit before that happens, etc. So, with life's messy financial, legal, and family issues, some people might just want the same legal standing to decide who gets to do what with their lives or some shit like that. you know? like basic civil liberties?

FORD
02-27-2014, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmrMUm5ltN8

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 11:15 PM
:deadhorse:
That's the same thing I think everytime I see one of your unbiased political commentaries. Keep telling yourself you're making the world a better place. Maybe you can convince yourself you're not just rambling on about the same old shit day after day year after year to a bunch of people who aren't going to even attempt to do a damn thing about it anyway.

cadaverdog
02-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Because they own shit, have children, sometimes get in serious accidents and go on life-support or die and might want to decide who gets their shit before that happens, etc. So, with life's messy financial, legal, and family issues, some people might just want the same legal standing to decide who gets to do what with their lives or some shit like that. you know? like basic civil liberties?
That's why I suggested a legal partnership. That way any two people same sex or not gay or straight can form a legal union without having to get married. If two straight men or women want equal rights that married people have they should have them too.

Nickdfresh
02-27-2014, 11:20 PM
By David Ferguson
Thursday, February 27, 2014 15:48 EST (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/27/cakes-and-gay-tea-partier-frets-about-wedding-tyranny-in-arizona/)

“Or should a photographer be required to photograph a homosexual wedding where the participants decide they want to be nude or engage in sexual behavior?” he asked. “Would they force a Jewish photographer to work a Klan or Nazi event? How about forcing a Muslim caterer to work a pork barbecue dinner?”

If there are any lesbian weddings that require a slave photographer, I'm like totally available for bookings...

FORD
02-27-2014, 11:29 PM
I'd be willing to bake some pussy shaped cakes for Lesbian weddings, since apparently they are required (according to teabagger Judson Philips anyway)

Just not a red velvet pussy cake though..... that would just be...... wrong :eatit:

FORD
02-27-2014, 11:37 PM
That's why I suggested a legal partnership. That way any two people same sex or not gay or straight can form a legal union without having to get married. If two straight men or women want equal rights that married people have they should have them too.

So wait a minute.......

Are you actually making the argument that platonic roommates who are NOT in a relationship with each other should be the equivalent of a married hetero OR homo couple? :confused13:

Is this an attempt to get on your amputee friend's health care plan, or something?

Nickdfresh
02-27-2014, 11:38 PM

I used to kind of think that too. But then I said, "fuck it! what's the difference? what's the point?" If they want to get married, let them get married FFS. They're consenting adults that are educated and have every right to their own institutional misery that is marriage...

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 12:10 AM
So wait a minute.......

Are you actually making the argument that platonic roommates who are NOT in a relationship with each other should be the equivalent of a married hetero OR homo couple?
Why not? Why shouldn't single people get the same priviledges married people get?

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 12:18 AM
I used to kind of think that too. But then I said, "fuck it! what's the difference? what's the point?" If they want to get married, let them get married FFS. They're consenting adults that are educated and have every right to their own institutional misery that is marriage...If it's legality they want then let them form a domestic partnership reguardless of their sexual orientation.

Angel
02-28-2014, 12:20 AM
Why not? Why shouldn't single people get the same priviledges married people get?

Because they have the privilege of not having a ball and chain tied around their neck. ;)

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Because they have the privilege of not having a ball and chain tied around their neck. ;)
I know a few married people who actually enjoy that but it's not for me.

Nitro Express
02-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Yeah, because "Liberalism" is so fucking huge in Arizona, the home of Bony Brewer, Sheriff Joey Hitler, Jeff Flakey, and "Bomb Iran" McCain. :rolleyes:

Sedona is pretty liberal. It's full of a bunch of new age hippie types and not jack boot thugs. LOL!

FORD
02-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Sedona is pretty liberal. It's full of a bunch of new age hippie types and not jack boot thugs. LOL!

Yeah, Sedona's a beautiful place. Haven't been there in a while.... hope it hasn't been corrupted like the rest of the state :(

PETE'S BROTHER
02-28-2014, 09:09 AM
:nono: the state is fine, the politicians tho...

FORD
02-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I know....

I miss my desert, but I won't go back until these venomous reptiles are gone. And I'm not talking about the rattlers........

FORD
02-28-2014, 12:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJsDp9FaUU#t=225

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Here's something to cheer you up Ford.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/court-okays-high-school-ban-american-flag-t-172900062.html
Californians doesn't have to worry about getting taken over by China. Mexico has already annexed California.

FORD
02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure what a bunch of junior skinheads not being allowed to wear Chinese sweatshop made WalMart t-shirts has to do with anything in this thread, but whatever......

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure what a bunch of junior skinheads not being allowed to wear Chinese sweatshop made WalMart t-shirts has to do with anything in this thread, but whatever......
Americans were banned from wearing American flag t shirts because Mexicans were offended and threatened to "Fuck up" anybody who wore an American flag or chanted USA but they didn't ban the wearing of the Mexican flag. If they banned the wearing of the Mexican flag on the 4th of July liberals like you would call them racists.If the banned the wearing of the American flag on the 4th of July you'd pat them on the back and say "good job". I don't think you've ever said one good thing about The United States of America on this site ever. If one of your liberal counterparts does anything to offend you you just claim they're tea baggers on the BCE payroll.

FORD
02-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Again.....

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ALEC BANKROLLING A NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN OF BIGOTRY BILLS??

Are the Mexicans trying to get a law against Chinese sweatshop manufactured "US Flag" tshirts available at WalMart for $8.99?

FORD
02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjiYga9vn-Q

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
People like you make me sick. You never served in the military but you talk down to people who have like they don't have any rights because they're not America hating liberal fucking know it alls like yourself. If I posted the bullshit you post here on a site where the majority of the members weren't American hating liberals you'd get a completely different reaction than you get here. Something like this: THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ASSHOLE. If being a member of the Roth Army requires you to be an American hating liberal you can take the Roth Army and shove it straight up your ass. I can deal with your insults but your constant posting of anti American liberal propaganda is just too much for me. Ban me or delete my account. I'll stick to sites were people like you are the minority not the majority.

cadaverdog
02-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Again.....

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ALEC BANKROLLING A NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN OF BIGOTRY BILLS??

I'm just tired of seeing the same old same old tired liberal bullshit day after day from assholes like you. Who cares if they don't like fags in Arizona? You don't live there anyway. Just stay away and you'll be fine.

FORD
02-28-2014, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZetaO9tLM

(Yeah, look up that Jeff Christie thing..... it's really interesting that Mush pretends to be such a homophobe now........)

FORD
02-28-2014, 04:18 PM
People like you make me sick. You never served in the military but you talk down to people who have like they don't have any rights because they're not America hating liberal fucking know it alls like yourself. If I posted the bullshit you post here on a site where the majority of the members weren't American hating liberals you'd get a completely different reaction than you get here. Something like this: THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ASSHOLE. If being a member of the Roth Army requires you to be an American hating liberal you can take the Roth Army and shove it straight up your ass. I can deal with your insults but your constant posting of anti American liberal propaganda is just too much for me. Ban me or delete my account. I'll stick to sites were people like you are the minority not the majority.

Yeah, that's going in the signature...... :biggrin:

FORD
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ASSHOLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZFRmVFn7WM

LoungeMachine
02-28-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm just tired of seeing the same old same old tired liberal bullshit day after day from assholes like you. Who cares if they don't like fags in Arizona? You don't live there anyway. Just stay away and you'll be fine.

Then get off the liberal internet, stop taking liberal government handouts, and get a job.

And then you'll be fine....

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-28-2014, 09:06 PM

:lmao:

I missed you

:lmao:

LoungeMachine
02-28-2014, 09:14 PM
I love how someone living off Liberal Government Handouts can get is socks in such a bunch over "liberal" postings on a fucking rock message board.

Tony, you crack me up.

FORD
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGDIKrcAKA0

FORD
03-01-2014, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT29nWAzTYY

FORD
03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/07/08/opinion/sunday/the-strip-slide-YX1Q/the-strip-slide-YX1Q-jumbo.png

Seshmeister
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
There's a poll right now claiming 80% of Democrats support Hillary Clinton for President, yet I live in a solid Democratic neighborhood in a Blue state, and I cannot find a single person who would vote for her in a primary. Most of them probably would in November, but only in the "lesser of two evils" sense.

Stating the fucking obvious but voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting evil.

I think it's interesting to look back at Hilary's last campaign for president.

In 2005 not so long after 9-11, W running the country into the ground and in 2 wars neither of which was going well at that point what was her first campaign ad about?

Banning violent video games.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380341244/697462.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that US foreign policy is pretty much identical no matter who you vote in apart from some of the Republicans are maybe a bit super dangerous so it's not so much my business(although GTA is kind of a big Scottish export) but if I was American I wouldn't be voting for her...

Seshmeister
03-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I love how someone living off Liberal Government Handouts can get is socks in such a bunch over "liberal" postings on a fucking rock message board.

Tony, you crack me up.

Tony? Is that personal information? :)

On a similar note that Arizona senator earlier in the thread seems to have only had government paid jobs all his life.

It's funny how big military somehow doesn't count as big government?

Nitro Express
03-02-2014, 07:02 PM
The US foreign policy is borrow from the Federal Reserve and try and take over the world with our military. Everyone loses except a few oligarchs. Hillary serves the oligarchs. Most people call it world domination. We call it "spreading democracy". Then Joe Butt Fuck in Texas wonders why our economy hasn't gotten better because we control all that Iraqi oil. It's not for you Joe it's for the oligarchs and they just might not even live in the US.

Nothing like having use of the US military to play your geopolitical games and charging the bill to the US taxpayer. In short, our military no longer serves the citizen but hey neither does the rest of the federal government. It's just out to buy your vote or take your money. Once it no longer needs your vote, it will throw you under the bus.

FORD
03-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Stating the fucking obvious but voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting evil.

I think it's interesting to look back at Hilary's last campaign for president.

In 2005 not so long after 9-11, W running the country into the ground and in 2 wars neither of which was going well at that point what was her first campaign ad about?

Banning violent video games.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380341244/697462.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that US foreign policy is pretty much identical no matter who you vote in apart from some of the Republicans are maybe a bit super dangerous so it's not so much my business(although GTA is kind of a big Scottish export) but if I was American I wouldn't be voting for her...

Yeah.... it is evil. I voted for the "lesser of two evils" in the 2008 Democratic caucus, and all I have to show for it is a lousy "health care" plan. Never again.

Hillary Clinton wants to Bomb Iran, pass the Trans Pacific Partnership, build the Keystone Death Pipeline, and she literally pimped her own daughter out to a Goldman Sachs criminal. Satan will be shoveling 666 inches of snow out of his driveway in Hell, before I ever vote for Hillary. But sadly, a lot of my fellow American Liberals haven't learned that lesson :(

FORD
03-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Tony? Is that personal information? :)

Socky identified himself as "Tony" before. I doubt it's his real name. I could elaborate on who he was really attacking with that comment, but then I would be guilty of posting "personal info" myself. I think Socky also called himself "Ted" and maybe "Dave" as well..... none of which are probably his real names. He was just trying to start shit. As he is with 95% of his irrational spew.

Nitro Express
03-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah.... it is evil. I voted for the "lesser of two evils" in the 2008 Democratic caucus, and all I have to show for it is a lousy "health care" plan. Never again.

Hillary Clinton wants to Bomb Iran, pass the Trans Pacific Partnership, build the Keystone Death Pipeline, and she literally pimped her own daughter out to a Goldman Sachs criminal. Satan will be shoveling 666 inches of snow out of his driveway in Hell, before I ever vote for Hillary. But sadly, a lot of my fellow American Liberals haven't learned that lesson :(

I've played Pontius Pilate for the last few presidential elections. I've voted for third party candidates who have no hope in hell of winning. In short. I washed my hands of any responsibility of supporting any evil. LOL!

FORD
03-02-2014, 07:57 PM
I have no regrets about voting for Rocky Anderson in 2012..... except that more people didn't do the same. And that he and Jill Stein didn't run on the same ticket, so they both could have had better numbers.

Seshmeister
03-02-2014, 08:15 PM

I get the impression there are a bunch of people who want her to win because she has a vagina and will overlook all of that.

To me that's really fucking sexist...

Nitro Express
03-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I have no regrets about voting for Rocky Anderson in 2012..... except that more people didn't do the same. And that he and Jill Stein didn't run on the same ticket, so they both could have had better numbers.

I've met Rocky. Man the mayor he replaced was a piece of work. She locked Rocky out of the mayor office running shredders and then she got on a plane to Atlanta and never came back. Can you say carpet bagger? I wonder how much money she stole?

Nitro Express
03-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I get the impression there are a bunch of people who want her to win because she has a vagina and will overlook all of that.

That and just people who are loyal to the party line no matter what. I think if Hillary gets in she will be a bigger nightmare than Obama ever was. She's been around the block and doesn't go on vacation all the time. She loves power and will abuse it to it's fullest.

FORD
03-02-2014, 08:57 PM

The Republicans tried to cash in on that in 2008 with Palin.... didn't work out so well for them.

Generally speaking, I think a woman could win in 2016. I'm just not voting for THAT woman. And her vagina has nothing to do with it.... but her being a corporatist CUNT definitely does.

If the "Democratic" party was truly led by Democrats at the moment, and they thought a female candidate was the best option for 2016, they would be pushing Elizabeth Warren. Not the loser of the previous primary & wife of Poppy Bush's best pal.