PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Posting

Admiral Donuts
06-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Y'all This is my first posting on your most excellent site.I have been a fan of the Big ole D.D. basically since it was possible for a small-town boy in Scotland to be one..It was a Friday in May of 1978.I was 16 years old and a few of my mates and I went to see Black Sabbath in Aberdeen..talk about getting blown off of the stage!!!Never before or since have I been so impressed by a single performance of a band .In 1978 albums cost approx.£3.50 uk to buy.Sabbath were selling albums for £1.50, but Van Halens was on sale for £2.00...this was a significant amount for a young guy still at school, working a paper route and shelf -filling in a supermarket while still at school..but there was no question ,no doubt, no competition: that album blew my head off and continues to do so to this day!!!
Dave rocks ,he was the heart and soul of that band, and remains a great optimistic force in the world.Sometimes it sorrows me to see the absolutely vitriolic hatred some of you guys have for Ed&co, but I guess we've all got to get our fun somehow.
We'll continue this later.
FAVOURITE ROTHISM:"The bad news is we're completely lost; the good news is we're way ahead of schedule..."

FORD
06-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the Army.

Though I didn't realize they said y'all in Scotland. :confused:

Mezro
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Welcome to the Army.

Though I didn't realize they said y'all in Scotland. :confused:

Hazzard Country, Scotland

Mezro...i'll be down at cooter o'mac's garage

steve
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
"Y'all" is a very efficient word.

lms
06-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Welcome. You will get used to the hatred. At times Ed and Co ask for it. But mostly it is all good clean fun till the sheep come over from the links with the sole intention of starting trouble. Then the army folks just do what they have to. A lot of us here like Ed, Al and Mike, A few here even like spam. All in all a pretty great group of peoples. Glad to have you aboard.

FORD
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Hazzard Country, Scotland

Mezro...i'll be down at cooter o'mac's garage

Does this mean Bo & Sesh McDuke will be here soon in their muscle car, the "General Wallace"?? :D

Fabulous Shadow
06-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi... Get ready to RUMBLE!

guwapo_rocker
06-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey haggis breath, welcome to the army!!

Mezro
06-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Does this mean Bo & Sesh McDuke will be here soon in their muscle car, the "General Wallace"?? :D

LOL...not if Boss Haggis has anything to say about it.

Mezro...show me your tartan nest Daisy

Coyote
06-30-2004, 03:35 PM
So, what do they say instead of "YEE-HAH!"? :D

guwapo_rocker
06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
So, what do they say instead of "YEE-HAH!"? :D

Get me a shepp and my wellies!!

Coyote
06-30-2004, 03:38 PM
LOL...