X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Was solo sammy EVER a headline act?

When was the apex of his solo career? Three Lock Box *puke*?

Seriously, did he ever headline arenas on a national level? I saw him on his Three Lock Box tour, but he was opening for ZZ Top (Eliminator tour). That's when I started to hate him, and most people didn't bother to show up for his part of the show.

He opened for Ted Nugent a few years before that. Wasn't this guy always second-tier as a solo act? i could be wrong.
  • Roth kills Sam
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

No... he's always been a poor joke that would never go away...

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

who is sammy hagar?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
        Commando
        • Mar 2003

who is sammy hagar?
        David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
        "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Yeah, a co-headlining tour:

Puppet Show & Sammy Hagar

Mezro...once a hack always a hack
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• EbDawson
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Sammy headlined a few shows after the release of his VOA album.
            "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

can someone answer that question seriously? I'd like to know that, too ...

if not...don't stop bashing
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

He headlined in the late 70's and after his VOA album. After that his ONLY cling to fame has been the Halen's.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                  He headlined in the late 70's and after his VOA album. After that his ONLY cling to fame has been the Halen's.
                  but headlining does not mean HEADLINING...what capacity did the venues have? and was he "top of the bill" when he played farm aid and edwina joined him on stage to butcher led zep's "rock'n'roll"?
                  Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

you wanna know too much man...LOL Are you ghost writing his next stellar autobiography?
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• dysfunction
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      can someone answer that question seriously? I'd like to know that, too ...

if not...don't stop bashing
                      Yes, ever since he left VH he has headlined a tour. Before you go apeshit, him and Dave both headlined their tour. Before 1986, I haven't a fuckin clue.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2004

HAGAR

HAGAR came to Knoxville TN on the VOA tour and headlined our coliseum. HE DREW LESS THAN HALF A HOUSE. The coliseum itself would hold 10,000 for a show if completely packed (which I've seen a few times when seeing shows there). The floor (which was built for Hockey) was only about 1/3 full and there were open seats everywhere. This was at his peak with "I Can't Drive 55".
                        DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Know whwre you can get all that info from eh? click here: http://www.fuckingtool.com

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                            you wanna know too much man...LOL Are you ghost writing his next stellar autobiography?
                            but this will be "unauthorized" and will show pictures like this...

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

That's not MA... Thats a chick. Look at the clothes!

Comment

Working...