X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DR CHIP
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

New Sammy Interview

Excerpts from the new Rolling Stone interview with Fat Sam.....

Q: Sammy how does it feel to play to half filled venues, when your tour with David Lee Roth was so much more of a success?

A: Well we tried really hard to promote the shows with the Dave era songs. We figured that since people really wanted to hear those [Dave's] songs live we would promote the shows with them and I would try and sing them. I realized how influential Dave was, when I was on tour with him, because whether he opened or closed the show, the crowd was always bigger for him than me.

Q: Do you feel you live in the shadow of David Lee Roth? In the Van Halen band itself?

A: Not really, because Dave was known for his wild antics, the girls, the fun, the parties. I am more into food, sucking Mikey's dick and being sucked by him, and watching Ed turn more into a Japanese warrior (with his hair) than guitar player. We are different. Dave is a rockstar and I am a fat, beach bum. No hard feelings except for Mikey (laughs).

Q: Do the tarps at the shows bother you? The empty seats?

A: Hell no. I am in it for the money as all the other guys are. We get a fixed amount anyway. Who cares about the fans. Your not recording or printing this are you?

Q: How much do you weigh now?

A: Got another hotdog pal? Let's put it this way...I can't see my dick in the shower pal (laughs).

Q: Why does Ed have so much trouble playing his own stuff anymore?

A: Ed shreds man. He owns the guitar. He makes shit up as he goes and on this tour there is some shit being made up (laughs). I do agree he is having some difficulties, but you know our fans are just stupid as hell. They just don't remember the real Van Halen, so we can sing a little flat and play a little sloppy. Hell for $92 bucks I am gonna enjoy whatever the band thows my way. Dig? We got guys on the internet actually believing that we are HUGE right now.

Q: Do you feel HUGE right now?

A: Well sorta bloated. I just ate fourteen tacos from Taco Bell. Man Ed won't be getting too close tonight.

Q: What are your future plans?

A: Make as much money from the tour as possible.

There is much more interview coming your way in the next edition of Rolling Stone magazine. Make sure you pick a copy up at your local book store. Be sure to catch Van Halen at a half filled venue near you!
  • Samsonite
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2004

I know that was fake but is there a real interview with him in the next Rolling Stone?

Comment

• pete
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Sammy is kinda cool.

I guess when you're in you GOLDEN YEARS you mature.

He's a great-grandfather now.

Post the segment about how DLR politely declined his proposal of marriage.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Im glad to see some real journalism regarding this tour for a change !
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• pete
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Samsonite
          I know that was fake but is there a real interview with him in the next Rolling Stone?
          of course not!

he doesn't matter.

never did

Comment

• DR CHIP
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

The only people who can't play their own shit ....is Van Hagar baby.....

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by DR CHIP
              Excerpts from the new Rolling Stone interview with Fat Sam.....

Q: Sammy how does it feel to play to half filled venues, when your tour with David Lee Roth was so much more of a success?

A: Well we tried really hard to promote the shows with the Dave era songs. We figured that since people really wanted to hear those [Dave's] songs live we would promote the shows with them and I would try and sing them. I realized how influential Dave was, when I was on tour with him, because whether he opened or closed the show, the crowd was always bigger for him than me.

Q: Do you feel you live in the shadow of David Lee Roth? In the Van Halen band itself?

A: Not really, because Dave was known for his wild antics, the girls, the fun, the parties. I am more into food, sucking Mikey's dick and being sucked by him, and watching Ed turn more into a Japanese warrior (with his hair) than guitar player. We are different. Dave is a rockstar and I am a fat, beach bum. No hard feelings except for Mikey (laughs).

Q: Do the tarps at the shows bother you? The empty seats?

A: Hell no. I am in it for the money as all the other guys are. We get a fixed amount anyway. Who cares about the fans. Your not recording or printing this are you?

Q: How much do you weigh now?

A: Got another hotdog pal? Let's put it this way...I can't see my dick in the shower pal (laughs).

Q: Why does Ed have so much trouble playing his own stuff anymore?

A: Ed shreds man. He owns the guitar. He makes shit up as he goes and on this tour there is some shit being made up (laughs). I do agree he is having some difficulties, but you know our fans are just stupid as hell. They just don't remember the real Van Halen, so we can sing a little flat and play a little sloppy. Hell for $92 bucks I am gonna enjoy whatever the band thows my way. Dig? We got guys on the internet actually believing that we are HUGE right now.

Q: Do you feel HUGE right now?

A: Well sorta bloated. I just ate fourteen tacos from Taco Bell. Man Ed won't be getting too close tonight.

Q: What are your future plans?

A: Make as much money from the tour as possible.

There is much more interview coming your way in the next edition of Rolling Stone magazine. Make sure you pick a copy up at your local book store. Be sure to catch Van Halen at a half filled venue near you!
              you even amazed me with the utter stupidity of this post.

Comment

• pete
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
                you even amazed me with the utter stupidity of this post.
                even you!!!!!!!!!!

damn, that pretty stupid!

Comment

• BrownSound1
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

I think this is funny as hell. Good job, soldier.

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

posted by T.V.

tis tis, wheres you manners, you didnt put the articles photos with your post

i'm just sorry sammy ripped out his shirt in this herseypark vh photo

xoxoxox

Trixie
                    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                    <center>
                    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• gslinger
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2004

red hospital nurse outfit is different, xoxox Trixie
                      "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                      </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                      <center>
                      "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Jeeze, look at the rolling flab haning out of his 44 inch waist!!!! My good God man!!!!
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• gslinger
                          Foot Soldier
                          • May 2004

posted by tv

i'm not sure what to think of this stage attire, but if the RollingStone thought worthy of publishing this article photo to help Sammy's career, you should too. xoxox Trixie
                          <center>

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DR CHIP
                            The only people who can't play their own shit ....is Van Hagar baby.....
                            like...uhm...unchained?
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gslinger
                              posted by tv

i'm not sure what to think of this stage attire, but if the RollingStone thought worthy of publishing this article photo to help Sammy's career, you should too. xoxox Trixie
                              Any sharpshooters in the house? :eek:
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...