Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

More Police Have Now Died From 9/11 Caused Illness Than From 9/11 Itself

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

I'm guessing it'll be a bit longer before the number of firemen killed from the after effects equal the number killed that day. What are they gonna do when it comes time to take down some of the older skyscrapers like the Empire State Building? That things probably full of all kinds of toxic shit. Asbestos, lead paint and who knows what else. They'd have to evacuate the area for weeks before they could clean all that shit up.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

It's the WTC towers that were full of asbestos...

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

The amount of people that asbestos has killed in the industrial world is a tragedy in itself .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          The amount of people that asbestos has killed in the industrial world is a tragedy in itself .
          Blame Canada...we still mine the shit and sell it to 3rd world countries...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Still , thought it was pretty much banned and most countries don't even bother to mine it these days .

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
              Blame Canada...we still mine the shit and sell it to 3rd world countries...
              Not %100 sure but I think Quebec stopped a few years ago.

I remember some union material coming through my local attacking the decision..I recall us thinking how do defend keeping them open.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I've worked around asbestos. As long as you use the proper safety equipment you are fine. The problem with asbestos is when it's gets out in the open air. If you contain it then it's not a problem. There still is nothing better to protect things from heat. I kind of view it like lead. There is a use for it. You just have to take the proper precautions.

I was watching a video on making old typewriters. I think it was the Royal company. They had a dude in a spray booth spraying paint with no respiratory equipment. A lot of older workmen lost their hearing because they didn't wear hearing protection. In third world countries you are lucky to have work gloves. I've seen people shovel silica sand with no respirator.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I was born next to a ship yard , they used to have snowball fights with it !!!

I think the damage was done for a lot of people before people knew it was dangerous .... Or the people who worked with it knew it was dangerous .

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I'm guessing it'll be a bit longer before the number of firemen killed from the after effects equal the number killed that day. What are they gonna do when it comes time to take down some of the older skyscrapers like the Empire State Building? That things probably full of all kinds of toxic shit. Asbestos, lead paint and who knows what else. They'd have to evacuate the area for weeks before they could clean all that shit up.
                    You can remove the asbestos. I used to work on demolition jobs where we dealt with all sorts of nasty stuff. As long as it is encased in a wall it's fine. The asbestos protects the steel from failure if there is a fire. In fact asbestos is a bit overblown because the mob in New York City got into the asbestos removal business. They started removing asbestos that really didn't need to be taken out. You scare people and they want it out and you make lot's of money.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I was born next to a ship yard , they used to have snowball fights with it !!!

I think the damage was done for a lot of people before people knew it was dangerous .... Or the people who worked with it knew it was dangerous .
                      Yeah that's not good but I used to run a lead pot inside the house making toy soldiers. It was my dad's and he used it to make soldiers in the 1930's. The good old days when kids toys involved molten lead and pouring it into molds. A lot of guys in car plants got lead poisoning from leading car panels. Around high stress areas like door jams leading still beats using polymer filler. The thing is you don't want to be breathing in lead fumes all day long. Lead solder still holds up better than the new stuff because it's malleable. Industry was forced to stop using it because of safety concerns.

People did stuff like that because they didn't know any better.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-11-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Yeah we did that , we used have half the kids in the street with their lead armies . Though hot lead and kids probably isn't a great combination.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Yeah we did that , we used have half the kids in the street with their lead armies . Though hot lead and kids probably isn't a great combination.
                          I did it with my dad at first but I was pouring hot lead on my own when I was eight years old. Nobody would sell that stuff now because of the liability. In the 1930's if you burned yourself with hot lead it wasn't the manufactures fault. You were just a dumb ass.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

There's plenty of asbesto around in alot of older buildings. The VA buildings out here have asbesto tiles on the floor in most of them. I laid alot of glue down carpet over asbestos tile there. When you find broken tiles the have a has mat guy come buy and pick up the pieces. Navy ships used the same tiles they have at the VA. Most of the older 12 by 12 tiles have asbestos in them according to my old boss. He's been a flooring contractor for over 50 years so I'll take his word for it.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

My dad was a plumber it's not what you know it's who lol

Comment

Working...