X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

WTF--VH commercial selling Best of Both Worlds

I shit you not...I thought I was fucking hearing things...and seeing things...

there it was...a minute long commercial...featuring both versions of the band...

christ...you have to be kidding...Van Halen does KTel...outstanding...

coming next...

Van Halen's 20 happenin' hits featuring Nelson and Eddie...

check it out...

dial

1-800-631-1400

what a joke...even had current footage of the band...and I actually heard a snippet of that new song...good lawd...say it ain't so...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

That's when you've fucking MADE IT! Is there a free key chain if you buy it within 15 minutes?

Comment

• Samsonite
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2004

What channel? I was hoping for these....I liked the Guns n Roses and the Beatles commercails.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Yeah...the first 100 callers get a free pass to the closest Buffet...

awesome...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Was this on commercial Free to Air, Pojo ?
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Yep...it was on commercial free air...

right up there with Dolly's greatest tits...er...hits...

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Shit, hey !

I wonder if they will start advertizing free food coupons with every CD purchase. Get one of those fuckers with a really annoying voice to scream, Here at Van Hagar, we've gone CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY, not only do you get a double dose of songs you already have, but we will throw in the three new botched song attempts and a $10 food voucher ! The first 2000 callers will also receive front row tickets to the next Van Hagar gig !!

I can see it now...
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Snoo

Originally posted by Samsonite
                What channel? I was hoping for these....I liked the Guns n Roses and the Beatles commercails.
                This is like the GNR commercial having half of Slash, and half of Robin Finck playing "Oh My God" for 25 seconds, then Paul Tobias' solo on "Sympathy For The Devil". Although if Axl would've not been so pissed off about the Greatest Hits, maybe that would've been the commercial. Who knows.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jun 2004

there are a lot of bands that have done this recently, mostly for Greatest HIts records. I've seen commercials for the Eagles and Stones just to name a few with their most recent Best Of sets

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

yeah, yeah, yeah.......wait until you see the damn thing when it hits stores though. what they've done is even worse than 'best of vol. 1'. these money-grubbing pieces of shit have sacriligously shuffled daves songs and sammys shit together! if you can stand listening to 'why can't this be love' 3 minutes after hearing 'my love is rotten to the core' then you're a certified idiot!...and a poser to boot! my idea would be to have a different disc to represent each era, ya' know?, let us make the choice! the fuckhead in charge of compiling this disc is guilty not only of a third degree musical felony.......it is complete and total heresy!!!!!!! shame on you van halen! and while we're at it....FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Comment

• Figs
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      if you can stand listening to 'why can't this be love' 3 minutes after hearing 'my love is rotten to the core' then you're a certified idiot!...and a poser to boot!
                      Hilarious! And true!

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      my idea would be to have a different disc to represent each era, ya' know?,
                      They would NEVER have the balls to do that. Eddie wants to keep pounding away the point that both eras were just as important, and wouldn't want to see the Dave stuff outsell the Sam stuff.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

i'm tellin' ya' figs......this whole damn thing is a scam! the tour, the album, everything. it smacks of desperation. the sad part is they're not going to realize how they spit in the face of their 'hardcore fans' by doing this........no, they'll be too busy cleaning the fuckin' cash register from all the 'american idol' t-shirt wearin' , pimple-faced pack of losers who will be stupid enough to actually buy this piece of shit.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

It's not gonna sell...

Anyone who would by a Van Halen greatest hits already did...

This crap will tank...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            It's not gonna sell...

Anyone who would by a Van Halen greatest hits already did...

This crap will tank...
                            GOD willing. seriously, it is just one more thing they have done for the last 10 to 15 years to completely deface a legacy. those of us who always rallied around the flag that was van halen don't even want to salute it anymore.........

Comment

• JCOOK

A POX ON YOU EDWARD VAN HALEN !!!!! A POX I SAY!!!!-- MAY YOUR WIFE LEAVE YOU AND YOU GET YOUR TOUNGE CUT OUT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...