X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Foo Fighters do Van Halen

The Foo Fighters did a decent cover of ATBL at the Firefly Music Festival last night to over 60 000.

• ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ya know it's damn slow when this the current topic in main...

I'd rate it a fair to decent cover...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's beyond slow.

There are bands with far fewer sales than Van Halen whose members are all dead that are less slow.

We used to have Dave solo constantly working plus throwing shit at Van Hagar now all we have this to talk about.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        We used to have Dave solo constantly working plus throwing shit at Van Hagar now all we have this to talk about.
        And God, and global warming. Oh, and guns. Although I am interested in learning more about knife crime in the UK. You never did tell me if you've reverted to swords or if we're just talking like Rambo knives or what. Knives are gay but swords? Now that there is a manly weapon!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was laughing with a pal about your knife crime query a couple of nights ago.

It reminded of a story Penn from Penn and Teller told. He was saying how the absolute best close up magicians have usually spent a lot of time in jail.

He told the story of a guy who he was friends with who was shit hot because he had done 15 years inside for murder and had been a gangster type.

The guy said to him 'If you ever get offered the choice between being stabbed or shot always choose being shot.'
          Penn replied 'There are situations where you get that as a choice?'.
          Guy replied 'Oh yeah absolutely and showed him various scars/bullet holes.'

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Dam thought we were gonna get a magic story love them , a good friend of mine is a semi Pro magician in the magic circle etc but because he is successful business man doesn't do it as much now .
            Any hoo he is the absolutely greatest man on the pull ever , obviously tricks are a great opening line .
            But in a club it's to noisy to pull some of his best stuff so one time he walked up to a girl and made her a balloon dog . He used make balloon animals ,bunches of flowers all sort .
            Man how can you compete with that .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I thought the theme of this website had been changed to creative and artistic urination. I will thrown my vote in. I want more!
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hopefully the band themselves recorded this and they'll release it as a B-side, like they have some of their other covers.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Dam thought we were gonna get a magic story love them , a good friend of mine is a semi Pro magician in the magic circle etc but because he is successful business man doesn't do it as much now .
                  Any hoo he is the absolutely greatest man on the pull ever , obviously tricks are a great opening line .
                  But in a club it's to noisy to pull some of his best stuff so one time he walked up to a girl and made her a balloon dog . He used make balloon animals ,bunches of flowers all sort .
                  Man how can you compete with that .
                  I could see how that would work.

Way back when I had a drummer who was in the Magic Circle who taught me a few good card tricks.

I would do them for beers, you could get pretty pissed just looking for couples that were a bit bored with each other and going over to their table and entertaining them for 10 minutes ending on a bet for a beer.

Like many things in life it's all about confidence, I'm not sure I would have the sheer brass neck to do it nowadays.

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

VH should do monkey wrench, or everlong.

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Foo Fighters have been doing VH for years. I saw them open for Chili Peppers years ago and they did ATBL and the first part of HFT
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

If you are a fan of Dave Ghrol then you are a fucking loser...for life.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I think Dave foo is pretty cool in a fan boy who got lucky and gets to play music with his idols sort of way .... Hey ho

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

He's a fucking joke riding upon the coattails of his dead buddy for years.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

??? Dead buddy in the foo fighters ?

Comment

Working...