The "Why The Fuck" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Why The Fuck" Thread

If you have any "Why The Fuck" questions, about anything, ask them in here!

I'll get it started.

Why the fuck do the CD's I load into itunes sound different than the ones I buy from itunes? I'm talking the exact same fucking album. I loaded AC/DC "For Those About To Rock" into my itunes, and then I saw they were selling an "enhanced for itunes" version, so I figured I'd check it out. Well, the one I bought from itunes is 3 times as loud, and sounds 3 times better! Why the fuck is that?

Maybe Lou can shed some light on this. He is an MP3/Lossless expert. And don't give me any bullfuckingshit about itunes. My phone is provided by my work, and I like having all my shit at my fingertips anyway.

Yea. Why in the fuck did you build a VH buggy?
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Ok ... Why the fuck did you start this thread ?
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
        Yea. Why in the fuck did you build a VH buggy?
        Because it's the baddest motherfuckin' dune buggy on the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
          Ok ... Why the fuck did you start this thread ?
          I don't know.

Comment

Mate I couldn't resist , you knew some smart arse would ask

Comment

Why the fuck won't you let me borrow the Halen Buggy?? I mean, it ain't like you can drive it around in that urban hell hole you live in! Besides, I'm planning a trip down to Florida to see Warf and we figured the Halen Buggy would the perfect thing to cruise the beach in.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
                Why the fuck won't you let me borrow the Halen Buggy?? I mean, it ain't like you can drive it around in that urban hell hole you live in! Besides, I'm planning a trip down to Florida to see Warf and we figured the Halen Buggy would the perfect thing to cruise the beach in.

Ok so I will translate that , your doing the meals on wheels trip to drop food off for warf , he now lives on the beach

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                  Why the fuck do the CD's I load into itunes sound different than the ones I buy from itunes? I'm talking the exact same fucking album. I loaded AC/DC "For Those About To Rock" into my itunes, and then I saw they were selling an "enhanced for itunes" version, so I figured I'd check it out. Well, the one I bought from itunes is 3 times as loud, and sounds 3 times better! Why the fuck is that?

MP3 file "bit rates" you retard.

nerdspeak:

256kps AAC is the current standard - there's no way to get a higher bitrate than that.

As for the issue, keep in mind that it's not only the bitrate, it's also the mastering source that's a factor (I'd actually argue that it's the most important factor of all). So if you downloaded a song that has zero dynamic range in the actual source master, it doesn't matter if you've ripped from a CD to ALAC or have a 320kps AAC, it's still going to sound bad. "Garbage in / garbage out", as the saying goes.

I wish they'd bump it up to 320kps AAC or, better yet, ALAC. But I've done ABX tests between their 256kps AAC's and a comparable CD rip, and it's not easy to tell them apart. And this is using the same mastering, btw.
                  Last edited by Kristy; 06-26-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Because it's the baddest motherfuckin' dune buggy on the planet!
                    Yeah, in Minnesota where there is nothing but sand.

Comment

Why in the fuck is Von such an imbecile?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                        Yeah, in Minnesota where there is nothing but sand.
                        Hey, drug addict. I live in MICHIGAN!

Where there are nothing but sand ******s.

If you think I'd drive that thing anywhere near sand, or sand ******s, you're more of a drug addict than even I thought.

Comment

Why in the Fuck is soccer so popular outside of US? But not football?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                            Why in the Fuck is soccer so popular outside of US? But not football?
                            Because everyone outside the U.S. is a PUSSY!

Comment

Hey, drug addict. I live in MICHIGAN!

Where there are nothing but sand ******s.

If you think I'd drive that thing anywhere near sand, or sand ******s, you're more of a drug addict than even I thought.
                              And you're no less of an idiot.

Suck my asshole, you racist.

Comment

Working...
                              X