• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Remembering Yankee Rose

Hey folks.

Losing somebody dear to us always happens at the most inopportune of times. Here at the Army, we're unfortunately a bit experienced with that. Sometimes we know it's coming, quite often we don't. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own day to day battles, battles that we think are the be-all end-all of existance, that we don't often recognize the TRUE warriors around us who battle to the limit of their strength, each and every single day, with every passing breath.

It saddens me to say that Yankee Rose, better known to a lot of us as Christine, passed away Saturday after a long and arduous battle. Out of respect for her and her family, I won't go into any real details of what happened. Her passing isn't what is really important, anyway - what's important is her life. Her friends (many of which were from this site), her family, and keeping her memory alive...that's what counts.

Christine LOVED Van Halen, she adored David and she loved the Roth Army. She made a whole slew of very supportive friends here, many of which came to know her as extended family. Christine and I had a few very good conversations, both in public forums and in private. I'm glad to say that Christine impacted my time here at the Army in a very positive way and she kept me laughing - and thinking - with every post I had the pleasure to read.

She was a FANTASTIC community member, a wonderful friend and dearly loved by not only us, but her other friends and the family she leaves behind.

Quite often we wonder at the fairness of some things and ask where the justice is in it all. It's times like this that we remember that, for what time we have here, life is an adventure. How we impact others is really the true lasting legacy that we leave. How we impact those lives determines how they impact others. While we're all very separate people sometimes, our interactions with the world are impossible to fathom, and I know for a fact that Christine left the world a better place than it was when she got here.

God bless you, girl. You will be dearly missed. Thank you for spending your time with us. All things return.

rose1.jpg
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Well said Bueno Bob. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Christine as long as many of my RA friends but she was always cool to me. God bless her family and friends during these hard times. RIP Christine and Roth on.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

R.I.P. Christine. You will be missed.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

had the opportunity to talk to her in person only twice, yet will always remember her voice. a wonderful mother and strong role model. the obvious positive is that her pain and struggle are over, tho she would endure it tenfold to be with her child. be sure to keep her family in your thoughts...
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

Well said bob obviously we are all devastated with this terrible news. RIP Christine ❤️

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

She was a Roth Army legend and because of her I have made friends with many of the people who do/did post here, in real life! You included, Bob!

Funny as hell, didn't suffer fools gladly and she had a twisted sense of humor.........no wonder she was my pal!

She was a great parent, loyal daughter and caring friend..........class act all the way!

Rest well, Christine!
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

She was an outstandingly sweet presence here! It was certainly a pleasure to know her! One of many people from this place that came into my life and made the world a better place! Every time I see a pin-up art I think of her! A truly unique gal!
              Last edited by Douglas T.; 07-07-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Great Mother,Great Friend And Great Person.Im Glad We Had A Chance To Meet In Person And Share Many Laughs Together.Thank You For Taking This Kiwi Around The Great USA.You Will Also Have A Place In Our Hearts.

You Will Always Be My Southern Belle.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Well fuck. I don't even know what to say...

This fucking sucks.

Comment

• SparkieD
                    Veteran
                    • Sep 2006

Words just fail me right now. Her friendship was such a blessing. My heart, as much as it hurts right now, is with her precious little girl and her mom and dad. I'm gonna cherish these voicemails from her, with her downright adorable (and thicker than my own) southern twang. We don't say "I love you" to those we hold dear nearly enough. Even though I had no idea it would be our last conversation, I sure am glad I told her.

Sleep well, my ESP sister.
                    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                    Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Remembering Yankee Rose

I'm so sorry to hear this, she was one of the originals here way back at it's start and managed to always take the high ground.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Very sad news.

Thanks for a wonderful tribute, Bob.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

It's always a sad day when a member of this community passes away.

I didn't know her very well, but I wish to pay my respects with a post in this thread.

And here's hoping it'll be a long time before another of these threads is started.

Cheers!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

R.i.p. Yr...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

RIP Yankee Rose...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...