PDA

View Full Version : Could it be???

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm very curious about this VH2004 tour. It seems so thrown together.
I hate to say this and I'm only speculating but do you think it's possible tha Ed is dying? I mean, like terminally ill? So they threw this thing togther to get him out there for one last hurrah? None of it makes sense to me. He's obviously suffering from alcoholic dementia. Why would Val leave hin for smoking and drinking and then go on tour with him and watch him smoke and drink more than ever? And why would a man recovering from cancer of the mouth BE smoking and drinking like crazy? IF VH was going to do a reunion why wouldn't there be a NEW album? Why would they tour for a BEST OF? WHY would Sammy keep the Waboritas on yhe payroll if his futur plans were with Van Halen? Why would he suddenly AGREE to play the old classic VH hits after refusing to for all those years? Only thing that throws a wrench into my therory is if it was throw together for Eds sake, don't ya think Dave would have been a part of it? Or is there that much annimosity that Dave or Ed would have left the other out of it? What do you guys think of this crazy idea of mine?

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
I guess, it's not that dramatic...their just a bunch of stupid assholes and this "thrown together"-thing is the best they can bring on stage today...

knuckleboner
07-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Why would Val leave hin for smoking and drinking and then go on tour with him and watch him smoke and drink more than ever?

probably because her young son is going on tour with him.

and eddie's probably smoking due to an addiction.

personally, i think this tour is hastily thrown together because warner brothers put out the greatest hits CD.

WB doesn't officially represent VH. but evidently, they had the rights to release another greatest hits album. they probably contacted the band and said, "we're releasing an album. if you want in, we'll throw on some new tracks. otherwise, you'll collect your royalties."

the band's choice is to talk shit about their own greatest hits album, or decide to be involved. so they decided to be involved.

at least, that's my guess.

BigDaddyD
07-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I have to say, I have been thinking the same thing. Ed certainly looks like death. Freddie Mercury did the same thing when he knew that he was dying. He set up a whole bunch of money making ventures for the band so that they would be secure. I could see EVH doing that for Wolfgang at the very least.

5150Clown
07-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Hmmm.....and it makes me wonder.

Could be, but the Warner Bros. story makes more sense. I think Ed would recluse if he was in his last leg and would probably not tour. If it is true and he did not bring back Dave for the final tour...that would definitly be a slap in the face to Dave & all the fans.

Let's just hope it's the Warner Bros. story and not the death bed wish.

ZahZoo
07-01-2004, 04:18 PM
It could be the final parting shot as you say...

Or it could be building on the experience of the tour to produce the next studio album. I recall it mentioned that with Gary they went right into the studio whipped up III and then toured behind it. In hindsight someone in the band mentioned that it probably would have been better to build the shared experience by touring 1st then doing an album.

I suspect it was a number of things that drove this... my instincts kinda doubt it was Ed's impending demise that was behind it all...

5150Clown
07-01-2004, 04:22 PM
If they would have toured first with Gary, it would have been a disaster as well. I kinda felt for the guy cause people were calling him "faggot" while on stage. It was brutal.

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
I think VHIII ruinned a somewhat promising career for Gary.

mewisemagic
07-01-2004, 05:12 PM
i think its a quick in and out get your money scheme-the only thing eddie is dieing for is another drink!

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 5150Clown
If they would have toured first with Gary, it would have been a disaster as well. I kinda felt for the guy cause people were calling him "faggot" while on stage. It was brutal.

more than brutal...

Terry
07-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm sure if Eddie were dying that info would have leaked out by now.

Doubt the reason Van Hagar is touring is due to that.

Think it's just four guys with nothing left to work towards. All they have left is the ability to look backward.

Look at the Stones, Eagles, Who, KISS, etc. They haven't been able to put out new material worth listening to for years (decades in some cases), but they can still draw a crowd and make a few bucks performing songs they can play in their sleep.

More likely than not it's just the lure of easy money and nothing beyond that.

Ole No. 1
07-01-2004, 05:54 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that people think Eddie looks bad...

What is a 50 year old guy who has smoked and drank for 30+ years supposed to look like.? Most healthy 30 year olds aren't as ripped as he is right now. His face is naturally going to show age. As far as him dying... Doubt it. No faster than I am at 27.

And let us not forget that Val was NEVER a Dave fan. I'm sure with Eddie on tour again, with Sammy, she wants to take part in something they deem as "special." Keeping an eye on Wolfgang is I'm sure another objective... Besides, these two (Eddie and Valerie) were married for 20 years and are still friends. I'm sure they support each other and enjoy seeing each other happy and moving on with life.

And finally... Say what you will about Gary and the ill fated VHIII... the guy CAN sing. He is the most talented SINGER (NOT PERFORMER) that Eddie has laid tracks down with under the Van Halen nameplate.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ole No. 1
And finally... Say what you will about Gary and the ill fated VHIII... the guy CAN sing. He is the most talented SINGER (NOT PERFORMER) that Eddie has laid tracks down with under the Van Halen nameplate.

whatever you had, dude...half of it is more than enough...

Panamark
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Ed could kick on into his 60's... That seems to be the maximum age most heavy drinkers and smokers reach.. What is he now, 49 ??
He's obviously popping some form of uppers for these gigs, but I dont think he's at deaths door yet. Granted, he doesnt look that great, but to me he looks like somebody who has drank and smoked heavily all his life. (Which he has) I have relatives the same. As I said, a lot of them manage to make it to their 60's. So hopefully he is around for a little while yet.

guwapo_rocker
07-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I'm very curious about this VH2004 tour. It seems so thrown together.
I hate to say this and I'm only speculating but do you think it's possible tha Ed is dying? I mean, like terminally ill? So they threw this thing togther to get him out there for one last hurrah? None of it makes sense to me. He's obviously suffering from alcoholic dementia. Why would Val leave hin for smoking and drinking and then go on tour with him and watch him smoke and drink more than ever? And why would a man recovering from cancer of the mouth BE smoking and drinking like crazy? IF VH was going to do a reunion why wouldn't there be a NEW album? Why would they tour for a BEST OF? WHY would Sammy keep the Waboritas on yhe payroll if his futur plans were with Van Halen? Why would he suddenly AGREE to play the old classic VH hits after refusing to for all those years? Only thing that throws a wrench into my therory is if it was throw together for Eds sake, don't ya think Dave would have been a part of it? Or is there that much annimosity that Dave or Ed would have left the other out of it? What do you guys think of this crazy idea of mine?

I posted the same theory on GS'S thread about two weeks ago.
I agree with you, it seems like ED is on a bender to end all benders
and he just doesn't care!

I hope we are all wrong!

dysfunction
07-01-2004, 06:07 PM
What is a 50 year old guy who has smoked and drank for 30+ years supposed to look like.? Most healthy 30 year olds aren't as ripped as he is right now.

Exactly.

Never cared too much for VHIII, but Gary is a hell of a singer.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
Never cared too much for VHIII, but Gary is a hell of a singer.

same to you...whatever you had, dude...half of it is more than enough...

Snoo
07-01-2004, 06:18 PM

And let us not forget that Val was NEVER a Dave fan. I'm sure with Eddie on tour again, with Sammy, she wants to take part in something they deem as "special." Keeping an eye on Wolfgang is I'm sure another objective... Besides, these two (Eddie and Valerie) were married for 20 years and are still friends. I'm sure they support each other and enjoy seeing each other happy and moving on with life.

Wrong. She hit the talk show circuit after Hagar left, and said she always preferred the Van Roth era, and ever since, she has said the same thing, even after they fucked Roth over.

dysfunction
07-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Snoo
Wrong. She hit the talk show circuit after Hagar left, and said she always preferred the Van Roth era, and ever since, she has said the same thing, even after they fucked Roth over.

wrong

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:21 PM

there must have been a reason for splitting up with ed ... ;)

Ole No. 1
07-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Sorry DLNatra... The one thing DLR will NEVER be known for is amazing singing....

DLR Scorecard: (1=Poor, thru 10=Unparalleled)

- Stage Presence..........................10

- Energy .....................................10

- Showmanship ............................10

- Creativity ...................................8

- Vocal Ability ...............................5

- Style ........................................10

DLR has survived on the 10's... not the 8 and the 5.

Snoo
07-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
wrong

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/010426-02.shtml

Believe her saying it, or not? You can even listen for yourself.

5150Clown
07-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Val did say she preferred the Roth era which really suprised me that she would say such a thing. Did she say it to piss off her hubby? Was she serious? Or perhaps it was the only time she wasn't on drugs?

Val's on tour to keep tabs on Wolf. Ed can't do it alone. He's a mess.

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't know, eddie was always very firm about the fact that he would never go back and repeat something he had already done which IMO is exactly what he;s doing "RIGHT NOW". I'm not knocking the man because anyone who knows me knows I love eddie but I just find all of this peculiar. He and Alex made a huge deal when the Roth reunion fell through in 96 about the fact that they would not tour to promote a Best Of record. Remember the MTV interview Ed and Al did?
Al said that Dave Kept asking Al when are we going to take this on the road and Al kept saying Take WHAT on the road, we've only recorded 2 songs. No they are suddenly doing it. At the SaM and Dave tour Sammy was dissing Eddie left and right now he's suddenly in his good graces... Lucy you got some slappin to do!

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:33 PM
I just can stand the sheep talk following the dave bashing coming from the VH camp since 1985...

dave is a damn good singer his voice goes from big rock to blues to swing to whatever you want and back again...he gives you the deep vibes and the high screams...storytelling and shouting...

oh...you were asking for the screeching? sorry...dave doesn't do that...guess that makes you giving him a 5 in vocal ability...

got the japanese boots? compare them to the meadowland boots...or to the cherone boots...and then we talk again...

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Edward is not dying, folks. if he was terminal he would not be touring and looking as good as he does.
His problem is he is excessing again on substance abuse and self destruction, nothing more, nothing less.

I have no sympathy for the guy since after apparently beating cancer he is still puffing away on the cancer sticks.
I will guarentee you all this though...If he doesn't wise up, the next time he gets cancer it will take him out.

Roth and Ed could not come to a deal which is the only reason he is not involved, and knowing Dave, his opinion of how Ed "Partied all the way through his treatment" has little to no sympathy for him as well.

Say what you will about it, but Ed is acting and living exactly like someone who is washed up and done being productive by anyone's standards but his own.
He's not cutting the mustard live for whatever reason and is playing terribly as far as i'm concerned.

Given what i have heard, Roth being there wouldn't help the situation at all...he'd just sink with them and that is NOT how i want to remember them.

I prefer the closed casket funeral Van Hagar is currently providing.

TLR
07-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Snoo...

Dysfunction doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry DLNatra... The one thing DLR will NEVER be known for is amazing singing....

I'll give you the 5 on vocal ability, but an 8 for creativity?

The difference between Van Hagar and Van Halen is those 2 points you took away for creativity. Give it to him because he earned that respect.
I'll also up that vocal ability to a 7 at the lowest because he was not that bad at actually singing.
Dave never considered himself an artist in the sense of a singer, he has always dubbed himself an entertainer, which is exactly what made him a legend.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:43 PM
name me a rock singer with that variety of styles dave can pull off his pipes???

Snoo
07-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh, I know, I just wanted to see a possible response in the face of indisputable evidence. I think Dave's comment about him partying through treatment was just saying that Eddie didn't care about it, so neither should anybody else.

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
name me a rock singer with that variety of styles dave can pull off his pipes???

Exactly.............

Fabulous Shadow
07-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Nevermind...

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Exactly.............

then don't give him a fucking 5-7 !!! ;)

pete
07-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Dave's statement was clearly directed at Ed's lack of care in his time of crisis.

Ole No. 1
07-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Snoo...

I see four pieces of BULLSHIT THERE....

1. Eddie's health is "great".

(REALLLLLLLYYYYY?????)

2. Valerie prefers the "Van Roth" era of Van Halen, and said she's "a big David Lee Roth fan".

(Since When????)

3. Eddie and the band are waiting for Dave to contact them

(REALLLLLLLYYYYYY?????? SINCE WHEN???????)

4. Everyone in the VH camp is fine and ready to go on tour

(SO WE WILL WAIT TIL 2004????)

Sorry man. I don't buy anything that anyone involved with the band has said in the past ten years.

Cathedral... The 8 isn't representative of only the VH years... his years since factor into the lowering of the score to an 8.

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
then don't give him a fucking 5-7 !!! ;)

In style? hell yeah i'll give him a 10... But in ability he gets the 7.

Hey, the guy isn't perfect and as far as singers go his ability is limited but that says nothing about his ability to cover more than one style.

I stand by my rating.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 06:56 PM
In style? hell yeah i'll give him a 10... But in ability he gets the 7.

Hey, the guy isn't perfect and as far as singers go his ability is limited but that says nothing about his ability to cover more than one style.

I stand by my rating.

If 10 is pavarotti I follow you... ;)

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Snoo...

(REALLLLLLLYYYYY?????)

2. Valerie prefers the "Van Roth" era of Van Halen, and said she's "a big David Lee Roth fan".

(Since When????)

Sorry man. I don't buy anything that anyone involved with the band has said in the past ten years.

Cathedral... The 8 isn't representative of only the VH years... his years since factor into the lowering of the score to an 8.

LOL, Once your a legend it's only a downhill trip from there.

I personally think that Dave peaked outside of Van Halen with Vai and Sheehan. That EEAS Tour was comparable to any tour with VH.

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 06:59 PM
If 10 is pavarotti I follow you... ;)

That's what i'm saying, and trust me it hurts to even rob him of a perfect score. I just can't allow myself to approach rating the guy like some of the sheep do Spammy.

I have to be honest with myself or become a wooley runt, lol.

Ole No. 1
07-01-2004, 07:03 PM
LOL, Once your a legend it's only a downhill trip from there.

I personally think that Dave peaked outside of Van Halen with Vai and Sheehan. That EEAS Tour was comparable to any tour with VH.

My point exactly... Creativity "starting something anew" has been lacking for Dave as of late. Aside from the EMT stuff.

ALinChainz
07-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Oh, I know, I just wanted to see a possible response in the face of indisputable evidence.

Won't happen. I am kind of surprised he didn't break out that trusty pollstar list again.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 07:09 PM
That's what i'm saying, and trust me it hurts to even rob him of a perfect score. I just can't allow myself to approach rating the guy like some of the sheep do Spammy.

I have to be honest with myself or become a wooley runt, lol.

as I said...it just makes me sick that since 1985 everyone from the hagar sheep says that dave's singing is so poor...and all that "range" shit...I don't want to start a sam and dave discussion here again...but a lot of rock singer's range has an amplitude going from screaming or screeching to a little higher screaming and screeching...range does not mean just "high"...it also means to go "down" sometimes and to give different notes and vibes...

fuck it...I start a sam and dave discussion...when did sam ever have a range? he is the typical from screech to scream "singer"...no surprise move...always the same tone over and over...and I could name so many others...

dave_is_vh
07-01-2004, 07:38 PM

Dave is a much better singer than Hagar. All Hagar has is a monotone high pitched skreech. Dave's much more versatile and far from monotonous. Just listen to YFLM.

Viking
07-01-2004, 07:38 PM
I think Ed's rep with lead singers combined with the fan base's attitude caused a lot of other good singers to shy away from the possibiliy of fronting VH. I'll bet a lot of quiet feelers were put out for other well-known front men, but they were smart enough not to go down that road.

DavidLeeNatra
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Dave is a much better singer than Hagar. All Hagar has is a monotone high pitched skreech. Dave's much more versatile and far from monotonous. Just listen to YFLM.

ex - fucking - actly ! ! !

Snoo
07-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Snoo...

(REALLLLLLLYYYYY?????)

(Since When????)

No, no, it's not a new interview, it's from 2001. I just cited it as proof that she has said she preferred Dave in the past. And the reason she said everybody was fine and ready to go on tour was because THEY, Ed, Mike, and Alex, were, according to her, but at that point they had no singer.

EddieFan4Eva
07-01-2004, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Terry
[B] I'm sure if Eddie were dying that info would have leaked out by now.

Think it's just four guys with nothing left to work towards. All they have left is the ability to look backward.

Among many stupid remarks on this site, this takes the cake! You wanna talk looking backward? Talk Roth.....VH has always been about moving forward, whether or not it meets to critical acclaim or overall fan approval. I love Dave, too.....but be real, he's the only one so far that's 100% living in the past.

Ole No. 1
07-01-2004, 09:12 PM
I knew it was from '01... My point was that all of it was yet more manufactured bullshit, put out there to asuage the anguish of the fans and try to paint Ed and Al as being open to all possibilities... Even those involving Dave.

My one bright spot on this whole issue.... Is that we only need one side to pull it's head out of their deep dark ass. I'll bet Dave has a suitcase with a bottle of JD, assless chaps and condoms packed in a glass cabinet like a fire hatchet that reads, "In case of Ed and Al accept reality and want to Tour... BREAK THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!"

Gotta love the guy. Here's hoping...

rustoffa
07-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
[B] Think it's just four guys with nothing left to work towards. All they have left is the ability to look backward.

I love Dave, too.....but be real, he's the only one so far that's 100% living in the past.

WTF???:bottle:

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 09:15 PM
as I said...it just makes me sick that since 1985 everyone from the hagar sheep says that dave's singing is so poor...and all that "range" shit...I don't want to start a sam and dave discussion here again...but a lot of rock singer's range has an amplitude going from screaming or screeching to a little higher screaming and screeching...range does not mean just "high"...it also means to go "down" sometimes and to give different notes and vibes...

fuck it...I start a sam and dave discussion...when did sam ever have a range? he is the typical from screech to scream "singer"...no surprise move...always the same tone over and over...and I could name so many others...

All Spammy is, is an arena screamer...or used to be, now he is just annoying and it actually hurts to hear him do that. I mean it really pains my ears to listen to him and that isn't just something mean to say.

I'd listen to Dave croon, sing, scream, whail until the cows come home. He is just the most outstanding entertainer to come our way since Al Jolsen.

Snoo
07-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I knew it was from '01... My point was that all of it was yet more manufactured bullshit, put out there to asuage the anguish of the fans and try to paint Ed and Al as being open to all possibilities... Even those involving Dave.

My one bright spot on this whole issue.... Is that we only need one side to pull it's head out of their deep dark ass. I'll bet Dave has a suitcase with a bottle of JD, assless chaps and condoms packed in a glass cabinet like a fire hatchet that reads, "In case of Ed and Al accept reality and want to Tour... BREAK THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!"

Gotta love the guy. Here's hoping...

Just a shame he can't break the glass with Al's head, cripple him the last 10% of the way, tell Sammy to go stuff Planet Us up Mike's ass, and put together Luzier, Van Halen, Lamenzo, and Roth, aka David Lee Roth featuring Eddie Van Halen.

Cathedral
07-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
[B] I'm sure if Eddie were dying that info would have leaked out by now.

Among many stupid remarks on this site, this takes the cake! You wanna talk looking backward? Talk Roth.....VH has always been about moving forward, whether or not it meets to critical acclaim or overall fan approval. I love Dave, too.....but be real, he's the only one so far that's 100% living in the past.

Dave wanting closure does not make him 100% living in the past.
They did 2 "new" songs in 1996 that blows the shit out of what VH just released with Hagar.
That was not living in the past...The man wants to do another album with them but i am quite sure the brothers are so stuck on their own power trip that Dave would have to take less than what he's worth to do it.
If that is the case i hope he never returns, hell i hope that already because he is more on his live game than Edward is right now, that's a fact.

TLR
07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
“ Originally posted by Snoo
Oh, I know, I just wanted to see a possible response in the face of indisputable evidence. ”

And we are still waiting, aren't we?

Snoo
07-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Yep. That's why I put the "possible" in there.

scottydabodi
07-01-2004, 09:39 PM
FUCK AN A YYYEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Some dude just went screeching down my street blasting "PANAMA"!!!!!!! FUCK SAMMY!! I HOPE HE CHOKES ON A COCK!!! As for Ed dying, well, I guess that's Karma getting him, huh? Look out for Titties!!

TLR
07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Possibly he just realized he's full of shit?

classicdude
07-01-2004, 11:12 PM
As Cathedral said: "I have no sympathy for the guy since after apparently beating cancer he is still puffing away on the cancer sticks.
I will guarentee you all this though...If he doesn't wise up, the next time he gets cancer it will take him out.

Roth and Ed could not come to a deal which is the only reason he is not involved, and knowing Dave, his opinion of how Ed "Partied all the way through his treatment" has little to no sympathy for him as well."

If the guy doesn't want help or doesn't care any more, touring with somebody like Dave who lives and loves life to the fullest would be the last thing EVH would do. Instead, he turns to the tequila salesman to tip a few with him as he slowly deteriorates.

Roth kills Sam
07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
If choosing Spermy Gaybar is Van Heineken's last hurrah to the people who supported him all of these years, then I will be first in line to slam his lame, I-ain't-got-no-tongue, can't play no more, keep lying in every interview, samurai ass into a wheel barrow and dump this cancer napkin into a big pit. I will find the rest of his tongue and bury it with him. Rest in peace, you stubborn bum. You chose to flip the bird at the fans and pick Sammy as the final insult.