PDA

View Full Version : Coach K to the Lakers?

POJO_Risin
07-01-2004, 05:41 PM
I haven't checked the major sites yet...but get this...first story on all the news channels have this as the number 1 story...and follow with, "another important story today...Saddam Hussein..."

that shows you how much this area cares about bball...

anyways...they are saying that the only 2 jobs K would ever leave for in the NBA are Boston (already said no the same year they took Pitino) and LA...he turned down even talking to a team earlier this year...but is having discussions with the Lakers as we speak...

He's reportedly frustrated with the NCAA and the NBA for many rules...one in which is enforcing a policy for underclassmen to leave...

if you can't beat the...

Warham
07-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Now that is interesting. A name I would have never considered.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-01-2004, 08:49 PM
They're saying he's seriously considering it...

What a catch that'd be... Kobe would be staying for sure....

Mezro
07-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Mezro rule #1 if you can't fit a coaches' name on the back of a jersey he is not allowed to work in the NBA.

Mezro...it is in the collective bargaining agreement..go on..look it up

POJO_Risin
07-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Well...it was the first 12 or so minutes on the news tonight...

there are about 100 kids in KVille right now...dressed up and chanting...not bad for summerschool...lmfao...

but...I can't see this happening...

of course...you only get one chance here for coach K...57 years old...he might be saying...can I do it at the next level?

He may be the only coach...great NCAA coach...that I could see doing it in the NBA...I hate Duke...but that guy can flat out coach...

Pitino he is not...

ALinChainz
07-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Nope, I agree. He'll listen to the offer for a personal kick maybe, but he's a college coach. The young players mean that much to him in my opinion.

Besides, nothing gets you a raise faster than another offer.

He'll stay.

POJO_Risin
07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
He doesn't want a raise...

Here's the wildcard...

he's pissed...lost his best player in Deng...and best recruit in ...shit...can't remember his name...but in the top five...actually ahead of Deng...Richardson maybe?

anyways...Duke only has 8 scholorship players...and he was just talking about how the college game makes no sense anymore...that there has to be a way for the NBA and the NCAA to work together to make it better for both...

Maybe he thinks he can do it from the other side...or is just sick of having to lose his best players after 1 year...or 0 years...

ALinChainz
07-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Just do not see him wanting deal with the pros, from the travel, the egos, officiating, all of it.

If he did it, I'd really be surprised. The college game has changed for everyone, but his teams are always contenders, don't see him having it that bad. Lost his top recruit, seems like there would be one right behind him.

Would be a trip to see him in the NBA.

Warham
07-02-2004, 08:41 PM
The Lakers are offering 5 years for 40 million.

That might pull him away.