X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

An hour and a half of the Panama Behind the Scenes footage

Every now and then I scour the internet on the hunt for any new van halen footage someone has decided to release and came across an hour 30 of the behind the scenes footage for Panama. Seen a few clips from it before but never this much before. Still no audio but still fun to check out! That clip of Dave and Ed chilling by the plane is BADASS. Man the original 4. PHENOMENAL....I hope the "secret project" is a 1984 blu-ray complete with a documentary...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-09-2014, 11:40 AM.
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic
  • Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Also a full video of the US Festival press conference http://historicfilms.com/z9uk. Looks like they might have master quality videos from the US Festival too.
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Tremendous! The songs greatly compensate for absence of audio.

Thanx!

Both vids to be watched quickly, before they're deleted...

The US Fest press conference clip is a bit disppointing as there are quite a lot of peeps,
      and the Clash guy (who looks pissed as fuck) talks a bit too much.
      Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-08-2014, 11:04 AM.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

That outfit has the entire show from the US Fest. And they have other videos too, can't remember which. They actually had some of the VH vids up on youtube for a couple weeks then they took them down.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Tremendous! The songs greatly compensate for absence of audio.

Thanx!

Both vids to be watched quickly, before they're deleted...

The US Fest press conference clip is a bit disppointing as there are quite a lot of peeps,
          and the Clash guy (who looks pissed as fuck) talks a bit too much.
          Ah the Clash dude was the typical pissed off British punk of the day. Dave couldn't shut up. Waylon Jennings looked pale as a ghost. Basically serious people trying to organize a huge festival and make sure they did everything right and the fuck ups they hired for talent. LOL! You need the fuckups to entertain us and then the serious people that nobody cares about behind the scenes making sure there is going to be anything to see and do in the first place. Interesting enough, most these festivals were always a financial bomb. Woz seemed to think. Ok. We are going to do this again. We lost our shirt last time but let's make sure everything is done right and if we lose our shirts again well we won't be doing anymore but at least we had a good time.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Droomer5150
            Roadie
            • Jan 2012

That Youtube channel also posted a pretty good quality video of the full Montreal 84 show too.

Yeah Dave seems rather reserved for once, maybe this was right after his Amazonian escapades haha

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

The Clash did have a valid reason to be pissed. The US Festival was three days, and each day had a headliner. Van Halen & David Bowie each got $1 million for the gig, The Clash only got $500,000. Still not a bad paycheck for a single show in those days, but it's understandable how they might have felt a little slighted, considering Combat Rock probably sold as well as Let's Dance or Diver Down.

The situation within the band itself probably had a lot to do with their anger though. The US Festival would end up being The Clash's last show ever, and even by then, they had already lost their best drummer, Topper Headon, and their second best, Terry Chimes (who played on their first album and then returned for the 1982 tour with The Who, after Topper had to leave the band due to substance problems)

Yeah, Joe Strummer did another album & tour with a bunch of scabs, but I don't count that. And in the long run, neither did he.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I can't believe anybody bought a Clash record.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I can't believe I bought "Cut The Crap".

But now, to remove that horrid thought from the space between my horns, here's some REAL Clash......

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                    The Clash did have a valid reason to be pissed. The US Festival was three days, and each day had a headliner. Van Halen & David Bowie each got $1 million for the gig, The Clash only got $500,000. Still not a bad paycheck for a single show in those days, but it's understandable how they might have felt a little slighted, considering Combat Rock probably sold as well as Let's Dance or Diver Down.

The situation within the band itself probably had a lot to do with their anger though. The US Festival would end up being The Clash's last show ever, and even by then, they had already lost their best drummer, Topper Headon, and their second best, Terry Chimes (who played on their first album and then returned for the 1982 tour with The Who, after Topper had to leave the band due to substance problems)

Yeah, Joe Strummer did another album & tour with a bunch of scabs, but I don't count that. And in the long run, neither did he.
                    Aways best to keep what you got paid a secret. Pay is based on lots of things and it's often negotiated. Once someone blabs and people find out they all aren't being paid the same all hell breaks loose.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      I can't believe anybody bought a Clash record.
                      "This is real whiskey here. The only people to put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash bay bee!" Now we know what inspired that little outburst. Just Dave pissing all over another bunch of cry babies.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

The Clash did have a valid reason to be pissed. The US Festival was three days, and each day had a headliner. Van Halen & David Bowie each got $1 million for the gig, The Clash only got $500,000. Still not a bad paycheck for a single show in those days, but it's understandable how they might have felt a little slighted, considering Combat Rock probably sold as well as Let's Dance or Diver Down..
                        I was just across the freeway from Glenn Hellen on saturday night and heard the Clash talking shit about Van Halen but we just assumed it was the typical we're punks so we gotta talk shit bullshit. I heard the same shit from Bob Geldof about Aerosmith at the Cal World Music Fest in 79. Van Halen was there too but Aerosmith was an established headliner and VH was on their first headlining tour. They could have picked Ted Nugent to bitch about but they were probably afraid he'd shoot them if they did.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          "This is real whiskey here. The only people to put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash bay bee!" Now we know what inspired that little outburst. Just Dave pissing all over another bunch of cry babies.
                          If they had been drinking ice tea instead of Jack they might have gotten to the stage a little earlier and not been so sloppy. I didn't think they were sloppy that night but years of hearing they were here has convinced me I was too tired and stoned to notice while I was there.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I can't believe I bought "Cut The Crap".

But now, to remove that horrid thought from the space between my horns, here's some REAL Clash......

I remember the "Quick Takes" review in Musician magazine: "Cut The Crap? How about Pull The Plug?"

That Panama footage is on a DVD. Pretty sure I have it somewhere.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              If they had been drinking ice tea instead of Jack they might have gotten to the stage a little earlier and not been so sloppy. I didn't think they were sloppy that night but years of hearing they were here has convinced me I was too tired and stoned to notice while I was there.
                              Dude. I was too far from the stage and too burned to notice. At least we can say we were there. It was a long day. Heck it was a long day just getting to the thing. I'm glad someone released footage of the show. That way I got to finally see it. LOL!

Comment

Working...