X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Top Gear attacked

Presenter Jeremy Clarkson describes the attack on the Top Gear team in Argentina as "the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in", after crew had to flee the country

Jeremy Clarkson: Someone could have been killed after Top Gear attacked in Argentina
    Presenter Jeremy Clarkson describes the attack on the Top Gear team in Argentina as "the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in", after crew had to flee the country

Presenter Jeremy Clarkson has described the moment the Top Gear cast and crew were attacked by an angry crowd in Argentina as "the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in", and warned that “someone could have been killed”.
    The star and his crew on the BBC show had to abandon their cars at the roadside as they were pelted with stones.
    Trouble erupted after it emerged the team were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

Mr Clarkson said the mob shouted "burn their cars" and tried to attack them with pickaxe handles.

He told The Sun: "I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan, but this was the most terrifying thing I've ever been involved in.
    Mr Clarkson wrote on Twitter that “someone could have been killed” during the violence, adding: “For once, we did nothing wrong.”

He also thanked on Twitter those who had helped him and “the sensible Argentinians who have apologised”, before saying that their dramatic departure had provided an even better ending to their show.
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I say we send the American Top Gear crew to Argentina. Hopefully they wouldn't make it out.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

According to several sources on the internet the U S version of Top Gear was cancelled recently but none of the articles I've seen so far are from legitimate news agencies.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hey, Argentina...too soon?
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          According to several sources on the internet the U S version of Top Gear was cancelled recently but none of the articles I've seen so far are from legitimate news agencies.
          I know the format has been sold to many other countries I would guess the UK one is best because on the BBC if they think a car is shit they say so without having to worry about losing advertising.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

So some Frankenstein-jawed limey who drives cars that cost more than life itself was "attacked" was he? Who gives fuck on a hovercraft? 'Top Queer' is uber, uber, uber ghey. "Porsche goes fast, huh?" Goes to show you the only shit worse on culture than American TV is Limey TV.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I know the format has been sold to many other countries I would guess the UK one is best because on the BBC if they think a car is shit they say so without having to worry about losing advertising.
              What makes the show is the British cast. It's the three guys on the show who make the show. I don't want to watch American Top Gear. I want to watch Jeremy Clarkson teasing James May and ripping on some lame American car.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

It really is one of the better shows on cable. This incident reminds me a little of the episode where they had to drive through the south in used cars and part of the challenge was they could "decorate" each other's car. So, one painted "country music sucks" and "nascar sucks" on the others, and one said "hillary for president", etc.

A bunch of Donnie's cousins at a gas station threatened to run them out of town.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

If James May got killed, Jeremy Clarkson would just go,"Oh. They killed James May. Now about the Porsche 928. Here in Argentina…."

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                    It really is one of the better shows on cable. This incident reminds me a little of the episode where they had to drive through the south in used cars and part of the challenge was they could "decorate" each other's car. So, one painted "country music sucks" and "nascar sucks" on the others, and one said "hillary for president", etc.

A bunch of Donnie's cousins at a gas station threatened to run them out of town.
                    Saying Nascar sucks in North Carolina is a hanging offense.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VetteLS5

Yeah apparently it was the NASCAR message that really pushed Donnie and pals over the edge...

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

This is why limeys are such fucking pricks.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Racist!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Racist!
                            For the last fucking time, limeys are not a race but a culture. Know the god damn difference. Is there a race of Yanks somewhere?

Are you Craig Ferguson all of the sudden?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Annoying limeys is what makes the show. Their day is coming though. One of these times they won't be so lucky.

Comment

Working...