X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Dave on Nightwatch 1984

Here's a nice 2 part time capsule. Apologies if this has been posted before.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He was genuinely pissed that 1984 took a year to make. Comparing himself to the guy who steers a fire engine from the back of the truck was a pretty interesting stand point.

Comment

• Grit
        Roadie
        • Oct 2011

Thanks for posting. The man is almost too intelligent. Would have like to have seen what kind of music would have been produced had he stayed with the band instead of the fluffy crap that Sammy brought. It would have been awesome!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Strange that in the first part Dave says record sales are down and in the second part that they are up.

Funny the interviewer putting the big production Jackson video side by side with the homemade Jump not knowing Ed played on the former or that the later was also going to become a #1.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Strange that in the first part Dave says record sales are down and in the second part that they are up.
            No it's not...

He's just making shit up...

Like Dave was busy analyzing record sales in 1984...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Grit
              Thanks for posting. The man is almost too intelligent.
              Yeah, definitely threw some decent curve balls of smarts and whit back at Charlie.

To paraphrase Dave from CFTH, "interviewers think they're going to get the guy from Motley Crüe when they sit down with me."

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                No it's not...

He's just making shit up...

Like Dave was busy analyzing record sales in 1984...
                Why wouldn't he have a feel for how record sales were in the industry he was in during 1983?

You must have a reasonable idea about whether the number of car washes were up or down in Louisiana last year?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

I have all this old interview shit on a couple dvd's. Funny shit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Aha!

Sales were slightly down but takings were up a bit so he wasn't wrong or right.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

VH with the GoPro concept, before the GoPro!

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Why wouldn't he have a feel for how record sales were in the industry he was in during 1983?
                        He may have...

The point is he was just rambling to sound cool...

It's not gospel...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Aha!
                          You be worried about the wrong thang...

Looks into my yellow eyes...

And listen to dees words...

You's am a killjoy...

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                            Groupie
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by Grit
                            Thanks for posting. The man is almost too intelligent. Would have like to have seen what kind of music would have been produced had he stayed with the band instead of the fluffy crap that Sammy brought. It would have been awesome!

According to the Gospel Of David (CFTH lol), didn't he say that the next album (5150?) was already half done by he and Edward ? Something I've never heard Spammy say. That's probably the only reason it went #1. I tried to start reading the lyrics to the songs on that album to see if I could see David, but I started getting nauseous so I had to quit.
                            I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Edwards3rdWife
                              According to the Gospel Of David (CFTH lol), didn't he say that the next album (5150?) was already half done by he and Edward ? Something I've never heard Spammy say. That's probably the only reason it went #1. I tried to start reading the lyrics to the songs on that album to see if I could see David, but I started getting nauseous so I had to quit.
                              I'm sure all the lyrics on that record were Hagar's, but as far as the music goes, It's pretty easy to guess which songs were originally recorded with Dave, and which ones were completely written after Spam joined the band.

All the cheese ballads were definitely written after. The more rock oriented songs, probably before. Something like "Best of Both Worlds".... you could probably make the case either way, but that riff was a Kool & the Gang ripoff in either case. Reportedly the song that became "Summer Nights" was originally called "Eat Thy Neighbor". And that first song on the album... "Good Enough" or whatever they called it.... similar tempo to Yankee Rose. Maybe Dave had those lyrics before he left the band, and that tune was the original version. Obviously Dave couldn't take the music with him when he left the band, but he might have told his new musical partners to write something similar enough to fit .
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...