X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

Dave needs better Marketing

You know, I've been thinking. DLR needs a better promotional team working for him, because, as big a fan of Dave as I am, I never heard about HALF the stuff he's done over the years before I joined this site. I read all the time about this show or that tour he did last year or the years before, but I never heard shit about it when it was happening. If it was announced on the radio HALF as much as the VH tour is being announced, I bet the Diamond One would be selling out venues all over the place to this day. I mean let's face it, the fun part of the show, the REAL Van Halen show, was seeing the master of all frontmen giving us the show of our lives. When you see bands like the Atomic Punks, you really begin to realize that there are plenty of guitarists out there who can easily copy EVH's stuff. I'm not saying they could create the way he did, but I just wanna hear old VH anyway. What I wouldn't give to see Roth onstage again, even without the original Van Halen on the guitar. Damn, I just feel like I missed out not seeing Daves shows over the years. Who does his promotional work for him anyway? They obviously don't know how to do it right!
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.
  • Mezro
    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Have him call me; Mezro Marketing at your service.

Mezro...at night I brand these stinkin' streets
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• bluedog
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2004

Mezro...at night I brand these stinkin' streets [/B][/QUOTE]

Very cleaver. Good reply.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

All Dave needs to do is 1 thing. Just 1 to get back in the main stream media of rock and roll. His marketing team is working just fine. He's been doing the right things. Sopranos. Charitiy events. Helicopter pilot. Party functions. Training to be an EMT. Boston Pops. Theres just one more major thing though. He needs to get himself a girlfriend from Hollywood. Maybe Drew Barrymore, or Demi Moore. One of the Olsen twins? You got to admit it though, if he were spotted with another popular singer, actress or famous tennis pro, the media would gobble that shit up. Diamond Dave at your service.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Mrs Garrett from The Facts of Life?

Lizzy Maguire?

Better yet, Dave should hook up with Valerie Bertenelli! Yeah...... That would make headlines.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Mezro
            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
            . One of the Olsen twins?
            Both of the Olsen twins; they can feed on each nut.

Mezro...it will be a full house when Dave springs twin mouse

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by bluedog
              Mezro...at night I brand these stinkin' streets
              Very cleaver. Good reply. [/B][/QUOTE]

Once my dog was blue. and then I milked it down and unloaded some spew.

Mezro...clever is as a cleaver does

Comment

• Keeyth
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2004

All Dave needs to do is 1 thing. Just 1 to get back in the main stream media of rock and roll. His marketing team is working just fine. He's been doing the right things. Sopranos. Charitiy events. Helicopter pilot. Party functions. Training to be an EMT. Boston Pops. Theres just one more major thing though. He needs to get himself a girlfriend from Hollywood. Maybe Drew Barrymore, or Demi Moore. One of the Olsen twins? You got to admit it though, if he were spotted with another popular singer, actress or famous tennis pro, the media would gobble that shit up. Diamond Dave at your service.
                You know something? That's one thing you've NEVER seen Dave do... ...have a girlfriend! He's always got multiple chicks on his arm, but you never see him seriously involved with someone. So, if he ain't done it in all these years, I doubt he'll do it now.

No, as I said before, his promo team needs to step it up a few notches when Dave is doing something music-wise, becasue after he did the Vegas thing, I never heard another word about him until I joined these forums. In fact, when I bring him up in casual conversation, people still go "Oh, isn't he doing something in Vegas now?"

So, no, his marketing team is not 'fine'....

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• 5150Clown
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

Dave's got too much of an ego to let a managment team or marketing team take over. That's his inflated ego. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Dave fan and used to love his shtick until it started getting old and way to out of hand by the late 80's. I always thought he should have shifted gears back in early 90's. VH did and it proved to be succesful. But now it's time for VH to changed gears and Dave too. Maybe revisiting the old magic would be good. Who knows.
                  "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Keeyth
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2004

Mrs Garrett from The Facts of Life?

Lizzy Maguire?

Better yet, Dave should hook up with Valerie Bertenelli! Yeah...... That would make headlines.
                    As a case in point: I just now (on this forum) heard about Daves Fourth of July performance. Why wasn't that played on the radio stations? Why wasn't CBS making some mention of it before the weekend of the event? Damn! I would have liked to have seen that show! However, it just goes to show, somebody is slacking in the marketing dept...

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Troubles
                      [B]Mrs Garrett from The Facts of Life?

Lizzy Maguire?

lizzy Maguire... LOL

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

Dave's kept a relatively low profile this year. I can only assume it's deliberate.

Feels a lot like the Rothism about taking a small headstone so people say "That for Roth? He deserves a monument!" rather than "Why does Roth have a monument?"

For better or worse, Dave has swallowed his ego, lowered his aspirations down from ruling the world and is having a great resurgeance in the media: VH1 shows, Sopranos, charity concerts, EMT thing, Boston Pops, upcoming Velvet Revolver gig...

BTW, Dave was mentioned quite a bit on CBS last week as an International Rock Superstar.
                        "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                        "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• L.S.D.

You call that sad list the right things? There is nothing remotely hard rocking or half way decent in there. So the guy had 2 wotrds on the sopranos and he goes to parties?

wtf? You guys are getting desperate.

Comment

• Keeyth
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
                            You call that sad list the right things? There is nothing remotely hard rocking or half way decent in there. So the guy had 2 wotrds on the sopranos and he goes to parties?

wtf? You guys are getting desperate.
                            Lemme guess...

...L.S.D. stands for Likes Sucking Dick... ...right?

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Getting desperate? With all the bad reviews and thousands of empty seats, I bet CCC and VH management are doing just that.

Comment

Working...