PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Voice

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Seen the last tour...Dave's voice seemed pretty rough...what do you guys think

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-02-2004, 08:01 PM
It has improved dramatically since the Your Filthy Little Mouth days.
I think he sounds awesome on the 2004 Japan Boot.

SRK
07-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Listen to the Japan BOOTS FROM JAN. 2004 Daves voice sounds very good to me on this show.

BARE BONE
07-02-2004, 08:19 PM
You have to ask. I think I smell a sheep.

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Well dickhead I haven't heard him recently...has he not ever sounded rough in your pin mind......sheep...well...thats you baby

anyways I loved dlr on the best of...me wise magic and can't get this stuff.....awesome

gigolo
07-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33

Dave admitted last year he was not the best sometimes about keeping up his vocal cords, exercising them daily, and practicing. I understand this. I get really lazy about practicing, doing fretwork and progession scales, etc. on my guitar. It’s easy to do - it gets boring.

When Dave wants to nail a concert, he still has NO problem doing it.

If anyone is shot it’s Sammy Hagar! The man sounds AND looks horrible! He doesn't even show up for sound checks most of the time on this Van Spammy Tour, per 5 Star access reviews.

==========================

Which one would you do?

Like Toronto, The Bunny Ranch sold out July 3 also:

Bunny Ranch = Hot Time, Leave Satisfied
http://www.bunnyranch.net/main.html

Van Spammy Toronto Concert = Like someone pissed all over you, Leave realizing you made the worst decision of your life!

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO BABYYYYYYYY

* * Click To View * * (http://disco.concerts.com/vanhalen/Toronto/master_01.swf)

Requires Flash Player

Warham
07-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Dave sounds great for his age.

He simply rocks.

FORD
07-02-2004, 09:09 PM

I think you sheep need to go fuck yourselves in your asses with chainsaws.

I've seen Dave in 2001, 2002, and 2003 and he sang excellent all three times. The guy's almost 50, so he's not going to sound like he's 23. But he's lost a hell of a lot less than a lot of singers have at that age. Just the scream. That's about it.

Now compare that to Hagar's signature cheese ballads "Dreams" and "How Do I Know When It''s Cheese". When was the last time His Cheddarness hit those high notes?

BARE BONE
07-02-2004, 09:21 PM
scorpioboy33 you started this thread with I seen the last tour. Then you tell me "Well dickhead I haven't heard him recently". Are you a fuckin idiot , you sound like a dumb ass sheep.The only thing you didn't do is write it all in caps. Ford has answered your question jerkoff. Thanks Ford. Oh scorpioboy33

rustoffa
07-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Check Cato's Nagoya show out when you get through giggling.
I saw the same tours Ford mentioned and had no problem
with the vocals or performance. Dave built his universal legend
with physical showmanship and screams heard 'round the world.
You'd probably sound like Carol Channing after one trip to six flags.

MAX
07-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Now compare that to Hagar's signature cheese ballads "Dreams" and "How Do I Know When It''s Cheese". When was the last time His Cheddarness hit those high notes?

http://www.tommycosmetics.com/owned.gif

And... Ford just bitchslapped the new little lamb head first into the ice water!!! Awww..... On his first day of school as well. :( :p

guwapo_rocker
07-02-2004, 10:17 PM
AHHHHHH The Penguins!!!!!!!

guwapo_rocker
07-02-2004, 10:18 PM

Where and when??

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow....buddy don't your mullet all in a tangle

guwapo_rocker
07-02-2004, 10:23 PM

Where and when?

TLR
07-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I've seen Dave in 2001, 2002, and 2003 and he sang excellent all three times. The guy's almost 50, so he's not going to sound like he's 23. But he's lost a hell of a lot less than a lot of singers have at that age. Just the scream. That's about it.

"His Cheddarness" LMAO Cheesewhiz, that was darn funny to me.

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Nov 21 Philadelphia 2001....

BARE BONE
07-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Now 2001 wouldn't be his last tour now would it.

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 12:17 AM
ah in canada yes!

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 12:19 AM

who cares daves the man

rustoffa
07-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
who cares daves the man

Now just hold it right there.....tj? Did you grab the pez dispenser
instead of the birth control thing? You're up and down like the
NASDAQ eh?

rockvanhalen66
07-03-2004, 12:31 AM
dlr can still put on the ass kicking show .........

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Now just hold it right there.....tj? Did you grab the pez dispenser
instead of the birth control thing? You're up and down like the
NASDAQ eh?

its called fuckin...you should try it some time.

BrownSound1
07-03-2004, 02:09 AM
I've heard Dave sound worse in Van Halen..... His voice has changed, but he can hit most of the notes he sang on the records, if not all of them. The scream..a la Runnin' With the Devil, etc. is not there, but so fuckin' what. Like someone pointed out earlier, the Mop Top can't sing his high notes at all. Sam actually says he's a better singer now than he was when he was in Van Halen, and to that I say BULLSHIT.

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:24 AM
dave is still great period

Foozwah
07-03-2004, 05:30 AM
Dave could sing through his ass and it'd still be a huge improvement on the 'singing' heard on the Van Hagar tour.

Not that many people are going to hear it, judging from ticket sales. :D

col5150
07-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Its funny that on this site whenenver someone throws in a little bit of criticism daves way everyone goes ape, i saw dave in febuary last year and i thought his voice was pretty poor, he still plays a great show. dave was never exactly the greatest singer in the world even in the vh days but theres a difference between just a singer and a singer showman.

They mightt as well change the name of this to the hagarbashing army because very little ever gets talked said about dave here.

its just thread after thread of we hate hagar.

NEWS FLASH!: Everyone hates hagar , people who like van hagar like Eddie and really would be just as happy if the cheecky girls were the singers.

smaz
07-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Dave's voice is superb. I saw him in Feb this year and he sounded smashing.

AJW
07-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Dave sounds great for his age.

He simply rocks.

Bingo!!

bru87tr
07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
I guess daves voice would sound better if he got the cream treatment that spermmy gets from blowing ed to treat his throat but we all know Dave doesnt swing that way like spermmy does!

smaz
07-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I guess Sammys voice would sound better if he lost it.

guwapo_rocker
07-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by smaz
I guess Sammys voice would sound better if he lost it.

Van Halen would sound better if they lost Spam!:D

pkolb
07-03-2004, 06:59 PM
The lure in Dave's voice has as much to do with his persoanlity as it does his teqnique - if not more. Still, people don't give him enough credit for his ability to sing delicately when it's called for and to scream his ass off like none other. And all the while, he can perform his acrobatic shit onstage and still have decent breath control. Try 20 jumping jacks and then sing just one note and hold it - it's not easy - Dave's the best. Sam's voice and personality sucked even at his prime - if he ever had one - now he's even more pathetic.

DaveIsKing
07-03-2004, 07:02 PM
LMAO...That fucking avatar RULES....bwahahahahaha....

You got a vote from the INCOMPARABLE DaveIsKing.

EddieFan4Eva
07-03-2004, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gigolo
[B] :D

Gigolo stays.

TLR
07-03-2004, 07:31 PM
pkolb...

Astounding avatar. I am rendered speechless at it's overall excellence and reality.

pkolb
07-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the props on the avatar, guys. It really wasn't too hard to make. Once I cropped out scorpioboy33, Sam fit right in.

Mezro
07-03-2004, 07:56 PM
PKOLB..THAT FUCKING AVATAR IS KING....LOL...man is that a major laugh and a half strapped to the back of a calf.

I giving you the first ever Mezro Mojo Award and a vote for good measure.

Mezro...my eyes are tearing from laughing so hard...thanks man

Chong Li
07-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey I love Dave, but he sucked when I saw him in Hartford CT at the Sam and Dave show.

Sammy can hit the high notes, early in a concert. By the end he is too out of breath.

Dan
07-03-2004, 09:08 PM
pkolb,Welcome to the army.

Mezro
07-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Chong Li
Sammy can hit the high notes, early in a concert. By the end he is out of breath.

Sam can't hit shit (except Al's prostrate). Listen to some of the boots from the new tour...fucking terrible.

Mezro...Sam has lost his voice and the animal kingdom is thankful for it

TLR
07-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by pkolb
Thanks for the props on the avatar, guys. It really wasn't too hard to make. Once I cropped out scorpioboy33, Sam fit right in.

LMFAO

TLR
07-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Chong Li
Hey I love Dave, but he sucked when I saw him in Hartford CT at the Sam and Dave show.

Sammy can hit the high notes, early in a concert. By the end he is too out of breath.

Hey, Chong...you must be thinking of the wong guy. I was at that concert and what you say is damn silly.

Switch84
07-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by BARE BONE
You have to ask. I think I smell a sheep.

:rolleyes: :D Yeah, me, too, and it stinks to high Heaven!
Somebody hand me a pair of shears......

scottydabodi
07-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I saw Dave in NYC about 7 months ago, and he fuckin sounded KILLER! He sang ON KEY, and had a FUCKIN AWESOME BAND!! His guitarist(Brian Young) kicks Ed's ass from here to MARS!!! SO YOU ALL CAN TOSS SAMMY'S SALAD!!! Will that be Syrup or Jelly, you HOMO?? F-Sam, F-Ed, and F-Ray Danniels.

ddog
07-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Anytime I hear his screams on VH II (especially "Your'e No Good" and "Outta Love"), I can't believe that sound- Fucking Awesome! I just wish he could do that still (no one else can). Always wanted to know if he has ever been asked about how he lost that part of his voice and what his answer was. Anyone know?

Warham
07-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I can give you the answers. Age and smokes.