PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Hi,
I was lucky enough to see Van Halen on Women and Children First, and 1984 in Toronto.
What I don't understand is that while the fans were always wild and liked to party they were always descent. But here you have all these angry people..defending DLR like he needs to be defended. And shitting on Sammy Hagar. I just don't get it?

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Descent ??

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Sammy Hagar sucks...

What don't you get ???

FORD
07-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
Hi,
I was lucky enough to see Van Halen on Women and Children First, and 1984 in Toronto.
What I don't understand is that while the fans were always wild and liked to party they were always descent. But here you have all these angry people..defending DLR like he needs to be defended. And shitting on Sammy Hagar. I just don't get it?

If you really saw the WACF and 1984 tours, and then you saw a Van Hagar tour, you really wouldn't need to ask the question, would you.

Simply put : THAT CHEESE LADEN SYNTH POP BULLSHIT AIN'T VAN HALEN!

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Just so much flamming here and so much anger ...what a shame...anyways...looking forward to meeting some of the nicer peeps here :)

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 10:45 PM
You don't get nicer than FORD and myself...

Good luck!

:elvis:

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:46 PM
yah yah...I can't imagine you can get any nicer than that :)

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Trust me

FORD
Yeah, Elvis and I are the fuckin boy scouts around here. Now Big Troubles on the other hand, that motherfucker's crazy. If he's got a chainsaw in his hand, RUN! ;)

scorpioboy33
well if thats the case thats just sad...but what the fuck...it doesn't really matter

Figs
07-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Dear scorpioboy33,

MAX
07-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Come on dude? We are a friendly bunch!!! It's called tough love. If you know and experienced the real deal then it's our duty to make sure you don't settle for the ripe, rotting and smelly curds of "songs" that followed.

Ya dig man? :D

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:54 PM
like I said it's all Good...and no I never Seen Van Hagar...but you have to agree there were a few good songs no....

as far as the homophobic remarks...man I married with a kid so WRONG

hey one question what is D-O-L-E-M-I-T-E? just curious

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Let me try again...

Hi,

Dude!

Great post!

Welcome to the army!

You're just what the doctor ordered! Your insight is superior...

Thank you!

BARE BONE
07-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Well when you start stupid threads and ask stupid questions what do you expect. scorpioboy33 you realize this is the Roth Army not the Van hagar army not the Ronald Mcdonald army. The Roth Army. Didn't Ford explain it to you in your other thread.What's up ELVIS

ELVIS
07-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Wazzup!

:elvis:

MAX
07-02-2004, 11:03 PM
as far as the homophobic remarks...man I married with a kid so WRONG

Huh? I think you read the wrong post? I was talking to that soiled shitstain Kid Lauderdale and not you.

hey one question what is D-O-L-E-M-I-T-E? just curious

It's a "Rothism" from Dave's book. I suggest you read the book and then you'll understand. :)

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 11:03 PM
silly people

guwapo_rocker
07-02-2004, 11:06 PM
silly people

There were some boots on here somewhere of some of
their recent shows. You should give them a listen, then you
may understand.

rockvanhalen66
07-03-2004, 12:53 AM
guwapo the cock rocker . you know boots are not the best recording. so how can you say that vh sounds like shit. did you go to any of the shows? if that is a no. then once again you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.and if you did go which one.....

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 01:34 AM
I would love to hear one of these boots

guwapo_rocker
07-03-2004, 01:37 AM
I would love to hear one of these boots

Tons of great stuff in hear dude!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 01:38 AM
thanks man your the most solid guy Ive seen here..thanks alot

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 01:49 AM
thanks man your the most gayest guy Ive seen here..thanks alot

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:07 AM
whats the fixation with gay people here...

MAX
07-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Ask Kid Lauderdale? He's way into it. He even has a collection of stuff and "works" from home.

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:14 AM
the new van halen aint' to bad actually...up for breakfest is pretty damn good

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:15 AM
the new van halen aint' to bad actually...up for breakfest is pretty damn good

its not bad, its fuckin great period.......

MAX
07-03-2004, 02:16 AM
Seriously? You like those lyrics?

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:17 AM
maybe eventually it will grow on me...learning to see kinda is just well ok....I really dig up for breakfest though

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't mind up for breakfest...I was never into Van Halen for lyrics...for that I listen to elliott smith...ron sexsmith or springsteen or dylan..but yah I dig the sound

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Seriously? You like those lyrics?

the songs about banging some pussy...
now who wouldnt be up for breakfast, when you got melons on the table, your gonna need a second helpin

rockvanhalen66
07-03-2004, 02:23 AM
all 3 of the new tunes are rockin rollers cool guitar work on learning to see.

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:41 AM
well I like van halen period...old new whatever....were kinda all the same in some ways...so maybe this could be a peaceful thread?

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:44 AM
well I like van halen period...old new whatever....were kinda all the same in some ways...so maybe this could be a peaceful thread?

vh rocks w/dave or sam period....

i dont care what any of these sheep say

FORD
07-03-2004, 02:44 AM
I don't mind up for breakfest...I was never into Van Halen for lyrics...for that I listen to elliott smith...ron sexsmith or springsteen or dylan..but yah I dig the sound

Have you seen what Bob Dylan says about the Van Hagar reunion (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=120796#post120796)

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:45 AM
right on!

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Have you seen what Bob Dylan says about the Van Hagar reunion (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=120796#post120796)

who cares what he said....

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:46 AM
man it would be so cool if people hear forgot all the bullshit..and talked...shit maybe even made some new friends

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:51 AM
you are right, but some of these people here live on a oneway dead end street, and they still think its 1984

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 02:51 AM
well nice meeting you all..take care and be good to each other

MAX
07-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
they still think its 1984

Listen to me you little fucking bloke,

That has to be the most stupid, ignorant and pathetic stereotypical statements around and the only reason assholes like yourself say it is to perpetuate and start flamewars.

Listen PJ (BTW. Are you paying homage to Spammy with that username?)

I'm married with two beautiful children and have a successful career (Well, with this one I would rather be 13 and not have to work. LOL) and the only thing that I would like to re-live about 1984 would be not having two car payments and a fucking mortgage payment that combined monthly is probably more than your annual income!!!

So fuck off on that one you worthless dipshit. Go Talk your girl power with those incredibly embarrassing lyrics written by a 60 year old. Fuck, go play them to a chick and see how impressed she is, morning wood boy?

Talk the talk PJ but until you get laid, talkin' about pussy to the old dudes is not impressive whatsoever. Seriously PJ, post all the details about your girlfriend who butters your muffin, creams your coffee and pops her cherry on your banana because we ALL know that you don't have one!

Holy hell, after I just typed those lyrics I realized that they are worse than notes that we wrote among friends in 6th grade?

Golden AWe
07-03-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Let me try again...

Dude!

Great post!

Welcome to the army!

You're just what the doctor ordered! Your insight is superior...

Thank you!

LMBSAO!!!

Golden AWe
07-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Listen to me you little fucking bloke,

That has to be the most stupid, ignorant and pathetic stereotypical statements around and the only reason assholes like yourself say it is to perpetuate and start flamewars.

Listen PJ (BTW. Are you paying homage to Spammy with that username?)

I'm married with two beautiful children and have a successful career (Well, with this one I would rather be 13 and not have to work. LOL) and the only thing that I would like to re-live about 1984 would be not having two car payments and a fucking mortgage payment that combined monthly is probably more than your annual income!!!

So fuck off on that one you worthless dipshit. Go Talk your girl power with those incredibly embarrassing lyrics written by a 60 year old. Fuck, go play them to a chick and see how impressed she is, morning wood boy?

Talk the talk PJ but until you get laid, talkin' about pussy to the old dudes is not impressive whatsoever. Seriously PJ, post all the details about your girlfriend who butters your muffin, creams your coffee and pops her cherry on your banana because we ALL know that you don't have one!

Holy hell, after I just typed those lyrics I realized that they are worse than notes that we wrote among friends in 6th grade?

:D Yesss...

Golden AWe
07-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
the songs about banging some pussy...
now who wouldnt be up for breakfast, when you got melons on the table, your gonna need a second helpin

There is a difference between banging some pussy and being a pussy. Something Sammy Hagar has never understood.

scorpioboy33
07-03-2004, 04:36 AM
hmmmm I think both Dave and Sammy can be equally great and also equally anoying

Cathedral
07-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Dammit people, This site is the ROTH ARMY, and Van Hagar has no place here.
If you like the Spammy era, fine, thats your problem and i wish you well on your journey to sucksville.
There isn't a damn one of you Hagarites that will change what this site is about and who it celebrates.
If you think what Ed puts out with anyone but Dave is by any means steller, then you don't belong here.

I won't defend my opinion of Hagar on this site, the man was lucky to join the group and he knew it. His best years in music were with Van Halen, but he didn't build it, therefore we ain't coming, period.

I won't question your choice in era's, but i will question your taste in music when you try and compare lackluster "Play It Safe" song writing to legendary, classic, and timeless pieces of work that Ed is incapable of writing today.

Van Hagar is writing a new definition to the term "Washed Up".......

Panamark
07-03-2004, 05:09 AM
whats the fixation with gay people here...

I dont really care what the gay people think. But you are obviously interested in their fixations. I think you need to visit a site more catered to a gentleman of your persuasion..

www.vhforums.com

BARE BONE
07-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Nicely put Cathedral.

Cathedral
07-03-2004, 06:56 PM
It's hard to believe that these chubs beat 100,000 other sperm.

EddieFan4Eva
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Just so much flamming here and so much anger ...what a shame...anyways...looking forward to meeting some of the nicer peeps here :)

Good luck bro. You'd have better luck finding Noah's Ark. See, the anger and intolerance here stems from years of these idiots realizing that Dave made dumb mistakes with his career.....the first being his quitting of VH. He is his own worst enemy, otherwise he'd be in VH right now. Instead, he'll have to settle for a farewell tour with VH next year. Sammy is giving his all on this tour....and for his age, i'm impressed. It's apples and oranges when comparing Sam and Dave. One's a singer, the other a personality. Both have qualities in both areas.....but each is stronger than the other in different ways. The fact is, whether those here wanna admit it or just pretend it's not the case, this band is getting stronger live with each show. I've seen 4 so far...and have boots from a couple even more recent shows. It's true that they didnt rehearse for this tour nearly as much as they used to...it showed on the first few dates. But they're in their stride now...and Eddie's playing great. I feel this is a unannounced farewell of the Sammy era.....going out having fun, & rocking all night. When they do it with Dave...it'll be bittersweet for alot of us, just as this tour is for those of us that care, but it'll be one hell of a goodbye 4 sure.

EddieFan4Eva
07-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Dammit people, This site is the ROTH ARMY, and Van Hagar has no place here.
If you like the Spammy era, fine, thats your problem and i wish you well on your journey to sucksville.
There isn't a damn one of you Hagarites that will change what this site is about and who it celebrates.
If you think what Ed puts out with anyone but Dave is by any means steller, then you don't belong here.

I won't defend my opinion of Hagar on this site, the man was lucky to join the group and he knew it. His best years in music were with Van Halen, but he didn't build it, therefore we ain't coming, period.

I won't question your choice in era's, but i will question your taste in music when you try and compare lackluster "Play It Safe" song writing to legendary, classic, and timeless pieces of work that Ed is incapable of writing today.

Van Hagar is writing a new definition to the term "Washed Up".......

"BLAH-BLAH-BLAH".....that's Catherdral with a quick comeback.

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Just think of us as Sammy rehab.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
His best years in music were with Van Halen, but he didn't build it, therefore we ain't coming, period.

His fame may have been boosted by joining VH, but the music sucks, even compared to his solo stuff. Sam and VH go together like piss and Valvoline.