• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sanders 2016!!

Bernie Sanders To Announce Presidential Run
    By Bob Kinzel • 14 minutes ago

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., speaks at a luncheon at the National Press Club on Monday, March 9, 2015 in Washington. VPR has learned that Sanders will announce his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.
    Andrew Harnik AP

VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will announce his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.

Sanders will release a short statement on that day and then hold a major campaign kickoff in Vermont in several weeks.

Sanders' entry into the Democratic race ensures that Hillary Clinton will face a challenge to win the support of the liberal wing of the party.

Sanders' basic message will be that the middle class in America has been decimated in the past two decades while wealthy people and corporations have flourished.

His opposition to a proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal (T.P.P.) shows how he plans to frame this key issue of his campaign.

"If you want to understand why the middle class in America is disappearing and why we have more wealth and income inequality in America than we have had since the late 1920s, you have to address the issue of trade,” Sanders said in a phone interview on April 23.

As the longest-serving Independent member of Congress, Sanders has been a vocal critic of the influence that large corporations have on the political process.

"All of the major corporations want to continue with this trade policy. Wall Street wants to continue this trade policy. The drug companies want to continue this trade policy. But organizations representing American workers and the environment do not want to continue the trade policy. They want new trade policies,” he said.

And Sanders says it is imperative that all the Democratic presidential candidates address the issue of trade and income inequality.

"So, I think that Hillary Clinton and every candidate out there should in fact address whether or not they support this T.P.P.," Sanders said.

In the past few months, Sanders has been actively visiting many of the early presidential primary states. Just last weekend he traveled to South Carolina to address the state Democratic Party and news reports indicate that his economic message drew a lot of support at the state meeting.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So is this your pick, or are you waiting for a better candidate?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, if Howard Dean jumped into this thing, it might be a tough decision.

But Bernie over Hillary, absolutely!

A Sanders/Dean ticket would work, but they're both from Vermont, so that would be illegal (much like it was when Chimp & Cheney, both Texas residents at the time, ran in 2000)
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        So is this your pick, or are you waiting for a better candidate?

Bernie might have a communist slant....but he seems like an honest guy.

So unless Jesse Ventura runs....count me in.

I'm not a dumbass American and can't vote.....but I'll be there in spirit.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not sure how well Bernie and Jesse get along, but a Sanders/Ventura ticket would be interesting. There's probably a lot they would agree on, but not everything.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I'll take whoever wins the nomination, but I'm looking forward to hearing how Bernie articulates his positions vs. Hillary....

And let's face it, the worse thing that could have happened for Hillary would have been if she was unopposed.
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              I'm not sure how well Bernie and Jesse get along, but a Sanders/Ventura ticket would be interesting. There's probably a lot they would agree on, but not everything.
              As far as I know they share almost the exact same beliefs on most issues.

I know Jesse does not advocate government sponsored higher education....but aside from that they seem the same.

The only thing I disagree with Jesse about is border security. He's in fantasy land saying there should be no borders in the world.

If earth was a utopia....I would agree. But humans are a fucked up mess and the idea of no country borders is delusional and flat out stupid.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jesse's views on border security are no doubt influenced by the fact that he spends a lot of time in Mexico these days. Much easier for him if there's no hassle at Nogales, or TJ, or where ever he crosses over.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'd vote for that guy. He seems reasonably unpretentious and sincere. I'd vote for anybody else over Clinton.
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

73!!?? So he would be pushing 80 at the end of his term trying to remember why he walked into the war room?

These people are too old to be Wal-Mart greeters never mind running the Western World.

In his mid 60s McCain seemed pretty sound and now at 78 he's a gibbering lunatic.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

On one hand, it's somewhat risky to have a President who could die in office of natural causes.

On the other hand, it's getting to the point where we will have to elect somebody who can't remember what the US was like before 1980. And why we need to go back to that.

Hillary remembers, but denies it. Bernie gets it.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He's already second term Reagan age.

Matters less to me but your next president could be choosing 3 or 4 supreme court people as the walking dead in there start to finally die off.

When they meet to plan for that he's going to be worrying more about having to rush off to the restroom because his prostate is shot.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not that long ago, Senator Sanders had an 8.5 hour filibuster on the Senate floor, so I'm not worried about him needing frequent potty breaks.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Not that long ago, Senator Sanders had an 8.5 hour filibuster on the Senate floor, so I'm not worried about him needing frequent potty breaks.

I'd be more worried about natural causes. Still, the best thing that could (and will never) happen to the country would be a Sanders/Warren ticket and eventual administration.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Matters less to me but your next president could be choosing 3 or 4 supreme court people as the walking dead in there start to finally die off.

Which makes it even more insane that the Republicans refuse to budge from their message, even after getting their asses kicked in the last two elections....

In fact, they've gone even more right-wing, alienating even more people....

Can you imagine a Supreme Court after a Republican wins the Presidency and 3 of them retire or kick off?

But they just refuse to budge.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...