Saw Dave's Soundcheck at the Boston Pops today!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilDiamondDave
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2004

Saw Dave's Soundcheck at the Boston Pops today!

Around noon today... Dave was wearing his "vegas" look. shorter hair, suit pants, dress shirt/vest...First he thanked all the crew and the orchestra people for having them there.. then they played california girls-sounded great. Then the conductor wanted to do it again so they started the song and Dave quickly started waving his arms and got the whole Orchestra to stop. He did the countdown again but this time, just before the keyboard starts the song, Dave grabbed the mikestand, turned around, and said AHHHHHH....just as the keyboard came in.. It was Fucking cool! That my friend Is what Made VH VH... I'm going back tonight to see them so I'll let you know. Oh.. Then they played jump a few times... The solo section sounded unreal with the full orchestra..
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Thanx for the update, can't wait till tommorow night!

Comment

• bru87tr
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

right on bro!
      "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
        Banned
        • May 2004

If it werent for the fact that Roth is doing this stuff to get in the media eye, even if on a limited level, so as to help with the visibility for when he rejoins VH on their farewell tour next year, i'd have to say this is pathetic. Roth and this Vegas vibe was lame before, now it's even worse....but, with the aformentioned reasoning, it's forgivable.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I reckon this will be a blast, Dave has been doing a lot to help the little people of late, an MS Charity gig, training and working as a part time medical officer. So to get up and sing in front of this big show, is well deserved ! Nothing any sheep can say, can detract from this.
          ONYA DAVE !!!!!
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• TLR
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2004

Go ahead, Dave...

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
              I reckon this will be a blast, Dave has been doing a lot to help the little people of late, an MS Charity gig, training and working as a part time medical officer. So to get up and sing in front of this big show, is well deserved ! Nothing any sheep can say, can detract from this.
              ONYA DAVE !!!!!
              Detract this Panamoron. And you say this garbage he's doing is worthy of the VH "legacy".....LOL......it's a media plug, nothing more.

Comment

• TLR
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
                If it werent for the fact that Roth is doing this stuff to get in the media eye, even if on a limited level, so as to help with the visibility for when he rejoins VH on their farewell tour next year, i'd have to say this is pathetic. Roth and this Vegas vibe was lame before, now it's even worse....but, with the aformentioned reasoning, it's forgivable.
                Something smells in here.

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by TLR
                  Something smells in here.
                  Maybe it's you bro....when it happens, remember where you heard it.

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Roth and this Vegas vibe was lame before, now it's even worse....but, with the aformentioned reasoning, it's forgivable.
                    Lame is a 49 year old guitar player who looks like a panhandling drunk on stage. Given the misery that usually follows alcohol abuse it's forgivable.

Mezro...is he playing eruption? Oh no, it is just the shakes...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Maybe it's you bro....when it happens, remember where you heard it.
                      Care to share your sources?

Mezro...a bold statement requires proof or else it is just a goof

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                        Lame is a 49 year old guitar player who looks like a panhandling drunk on stage. Given the misery that usually follows alcohol abuse it's forgivable.

Mezro...is he playing eruption? Oh no, it is just the shakes...
                        What an ass...lol

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                          Care to share your sources?

Mezro...a bold statement requires proof or else it is just a goof
                          Hate to say it.....i mean, i REALLY hate to say it.....nothing would please me more than to shut the lot of you up....but i'm not getting anyone fired or in alot of trouble by spewing names, sources, etc. I dont expect or care if you believe me.....just remember me when it happens.

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

What an ass...lol
                            Eddie..yeah he is

Mezro...a slow lob volley from one PA native to another

Comment

• Mezro
                              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Hate to say it.....i mean, i REALLY hate to say it.....nothing would please me more than to shut the lot of you up....but i'm not getting anyone fired or in alot of trouble by spewing names, sources, etc. I dont expect or care if you believe me.....just remember me when it happens.
                              Feel free to PM me and come clean. I'll be the only one who will know and if it leaks out I'm the man to blame.

Mezro...no time to clam up; share the truth

Comment

Working...