PDA

View Full Version : How Quickly Hagar Forgets! - A Must Read

gigolo
07-03-2004, 11:10 PM
I have never see anyone that makes so many fraudulent misrepresentations as Hagar. The man is a total pathological liar.

It is interesting that WestWood One republished this article in 2004. I have watched the media really turn on Van Halen the last three weeks to the negative.

I think they are very tired of the VH Management and Clear Channel directed fraud that has been going on with this tour, and are starting to do something about it.

#####

From westword.com
Originally published by Westword Aug 28, 1997
©2004 New Times, Inc. All rights reserved.

It Was All Eddie's Fault

Just try to stop Sammy Hagar from telling how Van Halen did him wrong.

BY MICHAEL ROBERTS

You've got to hand it to Sammy Hagar. A man less sure of himself might have crawled under a rock in shame after being ignominiously dumped by Van Halen in 1996, a full decade after replacing David Lee Roth as the mega-band's lead singer. (The three other members of the group--Eddie "Husband of One Day at a Time star Valerie Bertinelli" Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony--initially announced that they were getting back together with Roth, who joined them for two tracks on Van Halen's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 CD, put out last year.

Roth was subsequently ousted in favor of Gary Cherone from the quartet Extreme.) Hagar, however, responded to this humiliating turn of events by proudly telling his tale of woe to MTV and other national media outlets and by issuing Marching to Mars, a jaw-droppingly dreadful solo album that nonetheless has sold rather well. (Both the disc and its lead single, "Little White Lie," are still on assorted Billboard charts four months after their release.)

In a conversation with Westword, Hagar insists that he has no interest in revisiting the Van Halen drama, but immediately after making this claim (and with virtually no provocation), he goes into colorful and profane detail about it, divulging several new particulars. He also makes it plain that despite receiving consistently lousy notices over the course of his quarter century in the rock-music game, he still has a mighty high opinion of himself. Read on to see if he can convince you, too.

WW: In a way, the Van Halen situation seems to have been beneficial for you. I'm reminded of the way Jane Pauley was pushed off the Today show in favor of Deborah Norville and how Jane Pauley came out of it smelling like a rose. Do you see any correlation there?

Hagar: To be honest with you, I don't even know who those people are. You're probably going, "Come on, Sammy," but I'm telling the truth. I don't watch TV. It fucking drives me crazy. If I sit on the couch and watch TV, I'm either going to sit there in a stupor for two or three hours, or I'll get pissed and turn the thing off.

WW: So you wouldn't shoot it, like Elvis?

Hagar (laughing): No, I wouldn't shoot it. I've got a pretty expensive TV. Maybe in a hotel room, though. Still, I understand what you're saying, and I think I probably did benefit a little bit. But I got hurt as well, because any time a guy like Eddie Van Halen is saying bad things about you, you're going to have people saying, "Fuck Sammy Hagar. If Eddie says he ain't cool, then he ain't cool." But you'll also have an element of Van Halen fans--and certainly Sammy Hagar fans--who'll go, "Wait a minute. We like Sammy."

And then I came out and told my side of the story, and anyone who saw both of us speak our piece on MTV probably realizes who's telling the truth and who got fucked on this deal--and it sure wasn't Eddie. Being more honest and more truthful and sticking to the same story worked for me, but the whole thing has been very negative for all of us, because true Van Halen fans are sitting on a fence right now.

It's like a divorce. They're like, if we go to Sammy's concert, we'll feel like we're cheating on Van Halen. And the same thing goes for them. When they go out, they're going to have a rude awakening. Without Sammy out there, it's not going to be the same band. People aren't just going to sit there and watch some cat who they don't know singing "Right Now." It's got to be weird.

WW: Do you feel any sympathy for David Lee Roth?

Hagar: Fuck, no.

WW: He got jobbed, too.

Hagar: Yeah, but unlike me, David Lee Roth quit the band, because he thought he was the guy; he quit the band and tried to fuck them. He was a bad guy. He said shit about that band and about those guys that was bullshit--and I know, because I was in the band then. We had a wonderful time with each other for ten years. But then these guys--I don't know if they got greedy or what, but they went and made some weird-ass decision because of their new manager to get David Lee Roth back, and I became the enemy. And to me, that's like walking in on your wife blowing her old boyfriend. You know what I mean? I'm like, "Wait a minute. I thought that shit was over." But that's what happened.

These guys went and got Roth back behind my back, because I didn't want to come down to work. I had a brand-new baby and I didn't want to do a greatest-hits record, so they went and got Roth back and told me about it later. And that's grounds for divorce. So the point is, it's a different scenario. I don't feel sorry for Roth, because he chose his trip, and I don't feel sorry for myself, either. But for them to get him back, as far as I was concerned, was giving him another lease on life. That guy was history, you know? I don't have anything against him--I just don't respect him as an artist.
WW: Do you think one of the reasons they ditched him is because as soon as they got him back, they thought, "Hey, now we remember why we were glad to be rid of him in the first place"?

Hagar: Totally. But it was a little bit of a trick in the first place. It was like, "Fuck, let's try it, and if it works, let's go for it." And when it didn't work, they didn't go for it. They thought it was going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread, getting David Lee Roth back. They figured, "Sammy don't matter. We'll get all the old fans back and we'll be bigger than God." This is what they were thinking. But those two new songs they did [on Greatest Hits, Volume 1] were shit. Those were the worst songs Van Halen made in twenty years. And let me give you another piece of information about one of them, "Can't Get This Stuff No More." I wrote that song with Van Halen. It was an outtake from Balance [released in 1995].

WW: And they didn't give you a song credit?

Hagar: They rewrote the lyrics and they used some of my melody, but no, they didn't give me a song credit. But they paid me off like a motherfucker the first time I heard it on the radio.

WW: You called them on it?

Hagar: You bet I did. I was so shocked. That song wasn't good enough to be on Balance, and what I did with it was so much better than what Roth did. If I played them for you or anybody else, you would go "Wow." But they used his anyway. That's how desperate they were with this guy. I think Roth's fucking washed. So obviously they were struggling. They saw that it wasn't working, that it was a big mistake, and it was too late with me. Obviously, they weren't going to call me up and say, "Well, Sammy, we're sorry." And I wouldn't have gone for it anyway, because I was well on my way. So their manager suggested Gary Cherone, because he managed him, too.

WW: What's the manager's name?

Hagar: Ray Daniels. He's a piece of shit, this guy. But he's also Alex's brother-in-law, and he managed Extreme, which shows you what a great manager he was. And when the Roth thing fell apart, he's like, "I've got a guy." The whole thing just reeks of bullshit.

WW: Van Halen was going to have a big tour in conjunction with the Hits album. Does it give you some satisfaction that they had to pull the plug on that?

Hagar: I don't get any satisfaction out of seeing those guys struggle. Those guys were my buddies for ten years, and Eddie and I wrote some of the greatest songs in rock. So I don't like seeing them screw up, because that's not the kind of person I am. But don't get me wrong: I'm not interested in being back in the band. Besides, their record is never going to come out. They've been working on it for almost two years, since before I left, and they've been through three producers already. But I don't get any satisfaction out of that.

WW: Really? Even though they got rid of you after ten years with just a phone call?

Hagar: That's right, they did. But I'm happy. I like what I'm doing right now. I'm proud that I was the lead singer in that band for ten years, and we sold 52 million records. But I knew there was no way that tour could happen, because fans weren't going to put up with not hearing ten years of hits. I mean, it's not like we disappeared. All of our albums went to number one, and we sold 52 million of them. You can't pretend that never happened. I mean, with "Running With the Devil" and "Jump," people would have been happy for about twenty minutes. But then they would have said, "Okay, what about 'Why Can't This Be Love'? What about 'Dreams'?"

WW: Does it give you a chill to think about what David Lee Roth would sound like singing "Dreams"?

Hagar: He couldn't even do it. That is a fucking scary thought.

WW: Of course, some people could never really accept Van Halen without David Lee Roth--like the guys in Nerf Herder. Is it true that they wanted you to be in the video for their song "Van Halen"? [The tune includes the lines, "Sammy Hagar/Is this what you wanted, man?/Dave lost his hairline/But you lost your cool, buddy/Can't drive 55/I'll never buy your lousy records again."]

Hagar: Yeah, they asked me to be in it, which to me was the biggest joke in the world. I wouldn't do that. I don't have anything against Nerf Herder. I listened to that record, and they're kind of a cute little pop band. But I don't think anyone should ever make fun of someone who's sold 50 or 60 million records and who's had a 25-year career. I think the worst way to break into the business is to make fun of those people. It'd be like me coming out and ragging on Elvis Presley.

WW: Some people have taken that approach.

Hagar: You're right, but I don't think they should do that. I think it's a negative. You might get three or four thousand people who hate Sammy Hagar to go out and buy your record, but probably half of them aren't going to like you, either. They'll be like, "Yeah, I agree with you, but you suck, too." To me, that's a very narrow approach to music. Thirteen years from now, if those guys are making platinum albums and want to make fun of me, then I'll be glad to be in their video. But not before.

WW: Do you see the tour you're on now as a way to remind people that there's more to you than what you did in Van Halen?

Hagar: Sure, but this is an anthology show. I do eight new ones, and I also do two songs from Montrose, the first band I was ever in, and I play six old Van Halen songs and six old Sammy Hagar songs. But when I do the old ones, I do them with a smile on my face. It's fun playing "I Can't Drive 55." I swear to you, it's a blast. But when I sing it, I don't shove my hand in the air and mean it like I did in 1984. Because I meant it then. Now when I play it, I play it in a nostalgic way, in a fun little tongue-in-cheek way, and we all have fun and sing it. But songs like "Little White Lie" I sing with my dick, balls, back, neck, face, ears, eyes, brain, feet--everything.

WW: As you've mentioned, you've been at this a long time; I remember hearing a rumor back in the mid-Eighties that you were actually about sixty years old and were lying about your age--which would make you over seventy now.

Hagar (laughing): Not yet.

WW: Are there any other funny rumors you've heard about yourself?
Hagar: Shit, man, I don't know. I mean, I'm the most misunderstood guy in the whole world. Everyone thinks I'm some kind of a crazed maniac--which reminds me of a rumor I really disliked. At the end of the last Van Halen tour, there was a rumor that I was in drug rehab. And that really bothered me, because I don't take drugs. I was going, "How could someone actually think I was a drug addict? How can you be my age and be in the kind of shape I'm in and do what I do and be on drugs?" Give it up. And there was another wild rumor around the time of OU812 [a Van Halen album released in 1988]. There was a picture on the cover of the National Enquirer that they said was me making out on the courthouse steps with a girl who was in some TV series.

WW: It wasn't Valerie Bertinelli, was it?

Hagar: No, it was not. Don't you be startin' no shit, brother.

thefive
07-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Sammy Hagar is an idiot. I do not know why anyone would even like the guy. At the time of this interview he never met Dave in person.

All he does is talk shit.

ALinChainz
07-03-2004, 11:45 PM
A sad, jealous man.

You ain't Dave dude. Even the band knew it would be "bigger than God".

tobinentinc
07-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Sammy Hagar is a pompas jackass, to say to dave has an ego and sammy dosen't is a lie, just read that interview. He's a douche and a half.

ALinChainz
07-03-2004, 11:59 PM
They figured, "Sammy don't matter. We'll get all the old fans back and we'll be bigger than God."

They should still figure this.

bru87tr
07-04-2004, 10:00 AM
"Hagar: Yeah, they asked me to be in it, which to me was the biggest joke in the world. I wouldn't do that. I don't have anything against Nerf Herder. I listened to that record, and they're kind of a cute little pop band. But I don't think anyone should ever make fun of someone who's sold 50 or 60 million records and who's had a 25-year career. I think the worst way to break into the business is to make fun of those people. It'd be like me coming out and ragging on Elvis Presley."

and some people think Dave has an ego....atleast Dave is legit and would never compare himself to Elvis. spermmy is a real cocky mother fucker! is he kidding ? hes got to be to make that kind of staement. its amazing that he really thinks he is the shit. keep counting those record sales in your dreams spermmy! what a fucking loser. forgot about alot of that interview. complete ass!

scottydabodi
07-06-2004, 02:57 PM
I just think that this fuckin' FUNNY!! Ronald McHagar doesn't respect DAVE as an ARTIST!?!?? What the fuck is that ABOUT!?!?? Dude, I hate to break the news to everyone, but Dave sold more albums with Van Halen than ANYONE!!! When someone goes to the records store to buy a VH cd, do ya REALLY THINK they're buying OU812, or VanHalen1?? Get the fuck outta here!! Sammy's just pissed that a guy who isn't as TECHNICALLY accomplished a singer is about 4,000,000,000 times COOLER than he is, and wrote some of the most CLASSIC ROCK MUSIC EVER FUCKIN' RECORDED!!!! Sam's just a loser, fuck 'im.

Figs
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
This is why Sammy is SUCH and ass...

"Without Sammy out there, it's not going to be the same band. People aren't just going to sit there and watch some cat who they don't know singing "Right Now." It's got to be weird."

--oh, but hearing me sing 6 DLR songs is ok

"I don't have anything against him--I just don't respect him as an artist."

--even though he wrote better songs than I did

"Eddie and I wrote some of the greatest songs in rock"

--too bad you don't hear them on the radio anymore, and too bad we didn't write enough good songs to fill up an entire concert without relying on DLR's stuff

"I mean, with "Running With the Devil" and "Jump," people would have been happy for about twenty minutes. But then they would have said, "Okay, what about 'Why Can't This Be Love'? What about 'Dreams'?""

--WTF????? Who the FUCK would think that?!?!?!?

Sarge
07-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by gigolo
Hagar: That's right, they did. But I'm happy. I like what I'm doing right now. I'm proud that I was the lead singer in that band for ten years, and we sold 52 million records. But I knew there was no way that tour could happen, because fans weren't going to put up with not hearing ten years of hits. I mean, it's not like we disappeared. All of our albums went to number one, and we sold 52 million of them. You can't pretend that never happened. I mean, with "Running With the Devil" and "Jump," people would have been happy for about twenty minutes. But then they would have said, "Okay, what about 'Why Can't This Be Love'? What about 'Dreams'?"

I feel like barfing.
Hagar is so full of himself.
Complete lies and exaggeration

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Whats so funny about this, is that Rothtards like DLR are incapable of change.

Whereas the rest of civilization including Hagar, do have that ability.

ALinChainz
07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
You mean how Sammy changed his mind when he ran Ed down and said he'd NEVER tour on a greatest hits record, or he would NEVER go back for the money.

Or where Sammy changed from a smaller size gay capri pant suit to a big-assed one.

HAG-TARD.

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
You mean how Sammy changed his mind when he ran Ed down and said he'd NEVER tour on a greatest hits record, or he would NEVER go back for the money.

Or where Sammy changed from a smaller size gay capri pant suit to a big-assed one.

HAG-TARD.

any way you see fit. Regardless, its change.

Shee bopp Bopdee Bop.

pkolb
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.

Shee bopp Bopdee Bop.

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pkolb

Im the fag, yet everytime you post, you get to look at a pic of a guy giving head?

Please, youre the fucking faggot ass. Go get your tights on and spandex and play jump while cutting your head open with a sword. Becuase thats what makes great music.

homo.

ALinChainz
07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.

Shee bopp Bopdee Bop.

So Sammy can be a lying, hypocritical bitch, and lied to you as well as the rest of the world, and that's ok.

Coming from you, no surprise. You apparently operate the same way.

"I don't bash Dave, but he's old, washed and queer."

It's all in the archives dude, I'm tired of showing you.

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
So Sammy can be a lying, hypocritical bitch, and lied to you as well as the rest of the world, and that's ok.

Coming from you, no surprise. You apparently operate the same way.

"I don't bash Dave, but he's old, washed and queer."

It's all in the archives dude, I'm tired of showing you.

People change thier minds. It was a decade ago. Roth QUIT the band 2 decades ago, yet wanted to come back, and in 2 decades none of you have gotten over it.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I have never see anyone that makes so many fraudulent misrepresentations as Hagar. The man is a total pathological liar.

It is interesting that WestWood One republished this article in 2004. I have watched the media really turn on Van Halen the last three weeks to the negative.

I think they are very tired of the VH Management and Clear Channel directed fraud that has been going on with this tour, and are starting to do something about it.

#####

From westword.com
Originally published by Westword Aug 28, 1997
©2004 New Times, Inc. All rights reserved.

It Was All Eddie's Fault

Just try to stop Sammy Hagar from telling how Van Halen did him wrong.

BY MICHAEL ROBERTS

You've got to hand it to Sammy Hagar. A man less sure of himself might have crawled under a rock in shame after being ignominiously dumped by Van Halen in 1996, a full decade after replacing David Lee Roth as the mega-band's lead singer. (The three other members of the group--Eddie "Husband of One Day at a Time star Valerie Bertinelli" Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony--initially announced that they were getting back together with Roth, who joined them for two tracks on Van Halen's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 CD, put out last year.

Roth was subsequently ousted in favor of Gary Cherone from the quartet Extreme.) Hagar, however, responded to this humiliating turn of events by proudly telling his tale of woe to MTV and other national media outlets and by issuing Marching to Mars, a jaw-droppingly dreadful solo album that nonetheless has sold rather well. (Both the disc and its lead single, "Little White Lie," are still on assorted Billboard charts four months after their release.)

In a conversation with Westword, Hagar insists that he has no interest in revisiting the Van Halen drama, but immediately after making this claim (and with virtually no provocation), he goes into colorful and profane detail about it, divulging several new particulars. He also makes it plain that despite receiving consistently lousy notices over the course of his quarter century in the rock-music game, he still has a mighty high opinion of himself. Read on to see if he can convince you, too.

WW: In a way, the Van Halen situation seems to have been beneficial for you. I'm reminded of the way Jane Pauley was pushed off the Today show in favor of Deborah Norville and how Jane Pauley came out of it smelling like a rose. Do you see any correlation there?

Hagar: To be honest with you, I don't even know who those people are. You're probably going, "Come on, Sammy," but I'm telling the truth. I don't watch TV. It fucking drives me crazy. If I sit on the couch and watch TV, I'm either going to sit there in a stupor for two or three hours, or I'll get pissed and turn the thing off.

WW: So you wouldn't shoot it, like Elvis?

Hagar (laughing): No, I wouldn't shoot it. I've got a pretty expensive TV. Maybe in a hotel room, though. Still, I understand what you're saying, and I think I probably did benefit a little bit. But I got hurt as well, because any time a guy like Eddie Van Halen is saying bad things about you, you're going to have people saying, "Fuck Sammy Hagar. If Eddie says he ain't cool, then he ain't cool." But you'll also have an element of Van Halen fans--and certainly Sammy Hagar fans--who'll go, "Wait a minute. We like Sammy."

And then I came out and told my side of the story, and anyone who saw both of us speak our piece on MTV probably realizes who's telling the truth and who got fucked on this deal--and it sure wasn't Eddie. Being more honest and more truthful and sticking to the same story worked for me, but the whole thing has been very negative for all of us, because true Van Halen fans are sitting on a fence right now.

It's like a divorce. They're like, if we go to Sammy's concert, we'll feel like we're cheating on Van Halen. And the same thing goes for them. When they go out, they're going to have a rude awakening. Without Sammy out there, it's not going to be the same band. People aren't just going to sit there and watch some cat who they don't know singing "Right Now." It's got to be weird.

WW: Do you feel any sympathy for David Lee Roth?

Hagar: Fuck, no.

WW: He got jobbed, too.

Hagar: Yeah, but unlike me, David Lee Roth quit the band, because he thought he was the guy; he quit the band and tried to fuck them. He was a bad guy. He said shit about that band and about those guys that was bullshit--and I know, because I was in the band then. We had a wonderful time with each other for ten years. But then these guys--I don't know if they got greedy or what, but they went and made some weird-ass decision because of their new manager to get David Lee Roth back, and I became the enemy. And to me, that's like walking in on your wife blowing her old boyfriend. You know what I mean? I'm like, "Wait a minute. I thought that shit was over." But that's what happened.

These guys went and got Roth back behind my back, because I didn't want to come down to work. I had a brand-new baby and I didn't want to do a greatest-hits record, so they went and got Roth back and told me about it later. And that's grounds for divorce. So the point is, it's a different scenario. I don't feel sorry for Roth, because he chose his trip, and I don't feel sorry for myself, either. But for them to get him back, as far as I was concerned, was giving him another lease on life. That guy was history, you know? I don't have anything against him--I just don't respect him as an artist.
WW: Do you think one of the reasons they ditched him is because as soon as they got him back, they thought, "Hey, now we remember why we were glad to be rid of him in the first place"?

Hagar: Totally. But it was a little bit of a trick in the first place. It was like, "Fuck, let's try it, and if it works, let's go for it." And when it didn't work, they didn't go for it. They thought it was going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread, getting David Lee Roth back. They figured, "Sammy don't matter. We'll get all the old fans back and we'll be bigger than God." This is what they were thinking. But those two new songs they did [on Greatest Hits, Volume 1] were shit. Those were the worst songs Van Halen made in twenty years. And let me give you another piece of information about one of them, "Can't Get This Stuff No More." I wrote that song with Van Halen. It was an outtake from Balance [released in 1995].

WW: And they didn't give you a song credit?

Hagar: They rewrote the lyrics and they used some of my melody, but no, they didn't give me a song credit. But they paid me off like a motherfucker the first time I heard it on the radio.

WW: You called them on it?

Hagar: You bet I did. I was so shocked. That song wasn't good enough to be on Balance, and what I did with it was so much better than what Roth did. If I played them for you or anybody else, you would go "Wow." But they used his anyway. That's how desperate they were with this guy. I think Roth's fucking washed. So obviously they were struggling. They saw that it wasn't working, that it was a big mistake, and it was too late with me. Obviously, they weren't going to call me up and say, "Well, Sammy, we're sorry." And I wouldn't have gone for it anyway, because I was well on my way. So their manager suggested Gary Cherone, because he managed him, too.

WW: What's the manager's name?

Hagar: Ray Daniels. He's a piece of shit, this guy. But he's also Alex's brother-in-law, and he managed Extreme, which shows you what a great manager he was. And when the Roth thing fell apart, he's like, "I've got a guy." The whole thing just reeks of bullshit.

WW: Van Halen was going to have a big tour in conjunction with the Hits album. Does it give you some satisfaction that they had to pull the plug on that?

Hagar: I don't get any satisfaction out of seeing those guys struggle. Those guys were my buddies for ten years, and Eddie and I wrote some of the greatest songs in rock. So I don't like seeing them screw up, because that's not the kind of person I am. But don't get me wrong: I'm not interested in being back in the band. Besides, their record is never going to come out. They've been working on it for almost two years, since before I left, and they've been through three producers already. But I don't get any satisfaction out of that.

WW: Really? Even though they got rid of you after ten years with just a phone call?

WW: Does it give you a chill to think about what David Lee Roth would sound like singing "Dreams"?

Hagar: He couldn't even do it. That is a fucking scary thought.

WW: Of course, some people could never really accept Van Halen without David Lee Roth--like the guys in Nerf Herder. Is it true that they wanted you to be in the video for their song "Van Halen"? [The tune includes the lines, "Sammy Hagar/Is this what you wanted, man?/Dave lost his hairline/But you lost your cool, buddy/Can't drive 55/I'll never buy your lousy records again."]

Hagar: Yeah, they asked me to be in it, which to me was the biggest joke in the world. I wouldn't do that. I don't have anything against Nerf Herder. I listened to that record, and they're kind of a cute little pop band. But I don't think anyone should ever make fun of someone who's sold 50 or 60 million records and who's had a 25-year career. I think the worst way to break into the business is to make fun of those people. It'd be like me coming out and ragging on Elvis Presley.

WW: Some people have taken that approach.

Hagar: You're right, but I don't think they should do that. I think it's a negative. You might get three or four thousand people who hate Sammy Hagar to go out and buy your record, but probably half of them aren't going to like you, either. They'll be like, "Yeah, I agree with you, but you suck, too." To me, that's a very narrow approach to music. Thirteen years from now, if those guys are making platinum albums and want to make fun of me, then I'll be glad to be in their video. But not before.

WW: Do you see the tour you're on now as a way to remind people that there's more to you than what you did in Van Halen?

Hagar: Sure, but this is an anthology show. I do eight new ones, and I also do two songs from Montrose, the first band I was ever in, and I play six old Van Halen songs and six old Sammy Hagar songs. But when I do the old ones, I do them with a smile on my face. It's fun playing "I Can't Drive 55." I swear to you, it's a blast. But when I sing it, I don't shove my hand in the air and mean it like I did in 1984. Because I meant it then. Now when I play it, I play it in a nostalgic way, in a fun little tongue-in-cheek way, and we all have fun and sing it. But songs like "Little White Lie" I sing with my dick, balls, back, neck, face, ears, eyes, brain, feet--everything.

WW: As you've mentioned, you've been at this a long time; I remember hearing a rumor back in the mid-Eighties that you were actually about sixty years old and were lying about your age--which would make you over seventy now.

Hagar (laughing): Not yet.

WW: Are there any other funny rumors you've heard about yourself?
Hagar: Shit, man, I don't know. I mean, I'm the most misunderstood guy in the whole world. Everyone thinks I'm some kind of a crazed maniac--which reminds me of a rumor I really disliked. At the end of the last Van Halen tour, there was a rumor that I was in drug rehab. And that really bothered me, because I don't take drugs. I was going, "How could someone actually think I was a drug addict? How can you be my age and be in the kind of shape I'm in and do what I do and be on drugs?" Give it up. And there was another wild rumor around the time of OU812 [a Van Halen album released in 1988]. There was a picture on the cover of the National Enquirer that they said was me making out on the courthouse steps with a girl who was in some TV series.

WW: It wasn't Valerie Bertinelli, was it?

Hagar: No, it was not. Don't you be startin' no shit, brother.

This interview only makes me realize even more what a complete jerk Samuel Roy Hagar is. Hate is a very strong term, but I'll admit to completely disliking the guy even more so.

Oh and by the way, Van Hagar still sucks shit.....

ALinChainz
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
People change their minds, but they also go to the press and try and bullshit around what was said.

We have more than gotten over it, you sound like you haven't. You're the on at a Dave site, dayin and day out, bashing him and running him down.

It wasn;t all Dave dude, get your history straight. Dave changed his mind about where Ed was going too, but that's not the same I suppose.

Snow Ho
07-06-2004, 04:20 PM
too bad there wasn't a compilation of all the hypocrital bullshit statements sammy and vh.

JCOOK
07-06-2004, 04:29 PM
ROY JUSTS KEEPS ON PROVING WHAT A RETARDED HILLBILLY HE REALLY IS.

Terry
07-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Hagar and the interviewer are just delusional if they think that anyone would even WANT to hear Van Hagar songs done live by the classic lineup, never mind if Roth was capable of doing it or not.

What Hagar never said is how each Van Hagar album sold substantially less than the one before it, the ludicrousness of Van Hagar selling 50 or 60 million records to one side.

And he shits all over Dave and the classic era yet again. Alexandra and Edwina did the same shit. "The other [classic] version of the band was just a warmup for [Van Hagar]".

You hope these guys are able to convince themselves of the bullshit they're saying, 'cause it pretty much don't fly with anyone else.

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 06:29 PM

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 06:46 PM

Calderone
07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
THE SAMMY HAGAR PICS ARE ALWAYS AWFUL
HE HAVE A BIG SANDALS EGO
A EGO WITH SANDALS

Warham
07-06-2004, 09:12 PM
What a tool.

Bill Lumbergh
07-07-2004, 02:41 AM
All the Spammy sheep should fly to Anarctica and stay there for saying anything negative about Dave. Every word out of Hagars mouth is full of hate..........Dave is always playful, and even when he's bashing someone it's never done in a hateful way. 52 million records my ass.

Panamark
07-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Does Sammy think that people dont actually check factual record
sales etc ? He seems to make the figures up as he goes along...
The shit he lies about is so easy to checkout. He doesnt realize this ?
He is a total tool...

JCOOK
07-07-2004, 01:05 PM
MAY BE WE COULD GET TONYA HARDING IN BOXING MATCH WITH ROY

Bad Muthafucker
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I think the worst way to break into the business is to make fun of those people. It'd be like me coming out and ragging on Elvis Presley.

oh, so now the fat old mudda fucka has the balls to compare himself to elvis presley?!?!?! but yet in the next breath he's ragging on the sisters for thinking that THEY are god. fucking hypocrit! i guess i shouldn't go to church to worship god, i should go to worship sam hagar, right?

take a number and get in line, ya fat ass cock licking egomanic!!

Bad Muthafucker
07-07-2004, 02:29 PM
we sold 52 million of them. You can't pretend that never happened. I mean, with "Running With the Devil" and "Jump," people would have been happy for about twenty minutes. But then they would have said, "Okay, what about 'Why Can't This Be Love'? What about 'Dreams'?"

this old cum gulper is so fucking dilusional and jealous, it's just a sad sad situation.

Rikk
07-08-2004, 02:04 AM
That was horrible. What a fucking piece of shit! I didn't hate him as a person before I read that interview...

ClubDave
08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
i bet while the interviewer was asking sam questions, he was jerking him off..........i know for a fact that if i saw dave reunited with vh i would just be screaming my lungs out for dreams and why cant this be love.........what the fuck is that, spam sucks goat penis

Matt White
08-18-2004, 12:50 AM
:lol: HOLY SHIT!!!!! I think I HURT myself laughin'!!!!!! What a FUCKING TOOL!!!!! My GOD, is that guy just SEETHING with envy towards DAVE? WOW! Its gotta KILL Spammy that NOBODY GIVES A FLYIN" FUCK he's back with the SISTERS!!!! Where's the LEGIONS CRYIN" OUT FOR "DREAMS" AND "RIGHT NOW"!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
UNFUCKING BELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
08-18-2004, 04:42 AM
there is a second part of the interview where sam talks about carrying al to rehab and ed beating up valerie...it's been posted here before...

Don Corleone
08-18-2004, 05:22 AM
But those two new songs they did [on Greatest Hits, Volume 1] were shit. Those were the worst songs Van Halen made in twenty years. And let me give you another piece of information about one of them, I wrote that song with Van Halen.

ROTFLMFAO.......... Way to go Roy, tell people a song sucks, then own up to writing it.

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 11:50 AM
could that be 52 million or whatever worldwide? the RIAA is just american sales.

sure the interview looks stupid now...but it wa a while ago. im sure there are things DLR have said 10 to 20 years ago that he has gone back on. all of them are egomaniacal fucks

Warham
08-18-2004, 11:50 AM
No, Sammy's the only one who lies about sales figures.

Must have a small dick.

Matt White
08-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44

sure the interview looks stupid now...but it wa a while ago. im sure there are things DLR have said 10 to 20 years ago that he has gone back on. all of them are egomaniacal fucks

:mad: Drop the disingenuous fence riding. To try and lump DAVE in with those LYING COCK SMOKERS in Van Hagar is not only misguided, its boarderline HERESY. Now STIFLE that rhetoric friend.

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 11:59 AM
come on now matt white, dlr aint a saint either, lets drop that bull right now. has sam contradicted himself a ton...sure but who hasnt...its the story of VH, one big fucking contradiction after another.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
come on now matt white, dlr aint a saint either, lets drop that bull right now. has sam contradicted himself a ton...sure but who hasnt...its the story of VH, one big fucking contradiction after another.

Please educate us with all of DLR's contradictions, sheep boy

ODShowtime
08-18-2004, 12:10 PM
I thought the interview was funny.

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 12:28 PM
well where did the DLR was fired from Van Halen come from? How come a lot of media/sites played that angle up...im really curious as that was how i first heard of his leaving the group.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 12:39 PM
well where did the DLR was fired from Van Halen come from? How come a lot of media/sites played that angle up...im really curious as that was how i first heard of his leaving the group.

That came from Van Gaybar... everyone knows it... try again

Matt White
08-18-2004, 12:45 PM

Lets see....DAVE left VAN HALEN in 1985, making you 6 at the time. Not a crack, just establishing a time line. 1986 EEAS & 5150 come out. DAVE STILL very complimentary towards Van Hagar. EVH & the boys do a HATCHET job on DAVE in SPIN & ROLLING STONE and everywhere else that will listen. DAVE, on taped interview to promote the EEAS tour still refrains from outright BLASTING the SISTERS. SAYS that "Musical" differences forced him to leave. Alludes to the HIGH LEVEL of substance abuse surrounding the group, and their unwillingness to participate in the movie deal he secured...FOR THE ENTIRE BAND. They didn't want to work on the soundtrack either. Didn't want to do anything outside of a summer STADIUM tour(Remember that arguement!).
Dave has ALWAYS maintained that he left the band. Never waviered on this.

Just to clarify for ya...GUITARWORLD 1986 ON THE ROAD by STEVE ROSEN interview with EVH.
ROSEN: Did DAVE pull the plug?
EVH: Yeah, he quit! We weren't getting along, but we never did, basically.

I'd guess that CUNT SHEMP/alex started the "we fired DAVE" shtick.
Just for the record.

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 12:46 PM
it was a question as i didn' t know and a search for david lee roth interviews have not been very fruitful so far.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 12:50 PM
it was a question as i didn' t know and a search for david lee roth interviews have not been very fruitful so far.

It was not just a question and everyone that read the thread knows it. It was you being a Hagar jerkoff and including Dave in the Van Gaybar history of lies. Once I asked you explain yourself, you shut up like a clam and now you want to be buddies with everyone here as you always do. Go to the VHlinks, you Spermy Gayabr lover

Matt White
08-18-2004, 12:51 PM

I can understand that. Check SPIN & ROLLINGSTONE from 1986 to see what the SISTERS where spewin' out about DAVE right out of the gate. It's the PRIMARY reason that CLASSIC VAN HALEN fans STILL have so much malice in their hearts towards Spammy, EVH, & SHEMP/alex. NO CLASS!!!
For DAVE, I'd still comb thru old RS around that time. Maybe Spin, lesser rock publications like Hit Parader, Circus, maybe check the INSIDE mags back issues for info.

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 01:01 PM
none of them have class...they all have spent so much time slamming each other that it makes them and the band look like a bunch of 3 year old tools. you make dlr out like he is a fucking saint....the guy is as much a tool as the rest of them. does it make them any worse of a musician no. i enjoy what he did in VH, thats it....thats why im hear, not to be buddies. im still waiting for you to answer my question from weeks ago. you know the one where it was claimed that if you bought the new best of for three songs you were a tool, then what are you if you buy a disc for two songs....still waiting???

another reason to hate RollingStone is to go to their site and search for DLR....gets you pretty much nothing. no interviews or anything

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
none of them have class...they all have spent so much time slamming each other that it makes them and the band look like a bunch of 3 year old tools. you make dlr out like he is a fucking saint....the guy is as much a tool as the rest of them. does it make them any worse of a musician no. i enjoy what he did in VH, thats it....thats why im hear, not to be buddies. im still waiting for you to answer my question from weeks ago. you know the one where it was claimed that if you bought the new best of for three songs you were a tool, then what are you if you buy a disc for two songs....still waiting???

Nothing you have ever brought to this site as "fact" nor has anything Dave ever done has even come close to identifying DLR as a tool, you stupid diaper licker

As to your non-sensical, Anti-Dave question you insist on bringing here to this thread: I logged off the site when you asked the question, numb nuts. Just because someone's listing as being logged on is not always accurate if the window stays open. So to make you happy (like when you are licking a little boy), the previous 2 new Dave songs WERE RECORDED BY VAN HALEN - the ONLY VAN HALEN THAT MATTERS: The ONE WITH DAVE. Secondly, there was no greatest hits predecessor WITH PRACTICALLY THE SAME SONGS. Lastly man-lover, the 3 news songs this time have SPERMY GAYBAR AND SUCK...

... now go play with your lubed up buddies at VHlinks

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 01:21 PM
is calling me gay is supposed to be an insult? good one...probably took all day for you to come up with that one.

i don't care if you logged off when you saw that question or not, you sure have been back since it was initially asked weeks ago but had no answer.

the 2 songs with dlr were the only one that matter to you, and you bought it, lots of people did. it doesnt make you a tool. thats my fucking point. do i think the BOBW is garbage, YES. I've said it from the beginning that this release was shit and should not be put together like it it. and yeah, i dont like the new songs either but it doesnt make someone a tool if they buy it. so they like it....who gives a fuck.

here are some hypocritical articles for you...

David Lee Roth Says He's Out Of Van Halen Again
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=192362
- how can he be out if he was never back in? Eddie jammed with Fred Durst one time, does that make him in limpbizkit? no. they recorded and it didn't work but dlr has not been an "official" member of VH since he left.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
is calling me gay is supposed to be an insult? good one...probably took all day for you to come up with that one.

i don't care if you logged off when you saw that question or not, you sure have been back since it was initially asked weeks ago but had no answer.

the 2 songs with dlr were the only one that matter to you, and you bought it, lots of people did. it doesnt make you a tool. thats my fucking point. do i think the BOBW is garbage, YES. I've said it from the beginning that this release was shit and should not be put together like it it. and yeah, i dont like the new songs either but it doesnt make someone a tool if they buy it. so they like it....who gives a fuck.

here are some hypocritical articles for you...

David Lee Roth Says He's Out Of Van Halen Again
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=192362
- how can he be out if he was never back in? Eddie jammed with Fred Durst one time, does that make him in limpbizkit? no. they recorded and it didn't work but dlr has not been an "official" member of VH since he left.

Is this guy the biggest idiot here, or what? GayLounge44 is such a dumbass...

... as if I ever have enough time to explain how you are such a sick! Well I will humor you for the moment...

Yes, being a FAG is an insult.... I already explained to you, Elton, the rest of the world is not afraid of being called homophobic. Unless you are a politician or a movie star, nobody cares if a man-lover tells them they are homophobic...

Again, he brings up the fact I didn't respond to his lame question from weeks ago - well I just did and showed everyone here what a numbskull you are! Keep bringing it up - you'll continue to look stupid!

I spoke about the 2 newest Dave songs being the only ones that mattered ON A POST ON THE DLR ARMY SITE. YES, THESE ARE THE ONLY SONGS THAT MATTER TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY LIKES DAVE. Go to the faggot homo VHLinks and enlighten the A-holes like yourself on the VHLinks with your amazing logic. NOBODY HERE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE TRASH YOUR FAGGOT VAN GAYBAR BAND RECORDED WITH FAGGOT HAGAR

Lastly, HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW DAVE WASN'T IN THE BAND? If he says he was in the band and he is one of only 4 people that would REALLY KNOW, then who are you to claim it is Dave being a tool?

YOU ARE A COMPLETE DUMBASS SHEEP... STOP TRYING TO SOUND INTELLIGENT, DIAPER LICKER

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
did you see anything official saying dlr was back in the band? anything at all like when they announced sammy? anything like when they announced that gary was in?

being labeled gay does not bother me. Im not but know people who are. big deal. if you got passed the 3rd grade, you would realize that your ignorance is a problem, and just shows how truly pathetic you are.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
and just shows how truly pathetic you are.

Pathetic? Who is the faggot Spermy Gaybar lover posting on a David Lee Roth site?

Your act is so damn tired

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
then ignore me dip shit cause i am not going anywhere. yes i like sammy era vh as well as dlr era vh. the fucking horror

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 01:56 PM
then ignore me dip shit cause i am not going anywhere. yes i like sammy era vh as well as dlr era vh. the fucking horror

your life is a horror, you manchowder lover

Nobody cares who you like, gay pride homo - the fact is that you continually make your little anti-Dave jabs... you are completely insignificant - just in the manner of a fly - you just want to see your worthless ass fly somewhere else... buzzing around with your gay fag homo diseases

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 01:58 PM
clever tool, very clever. i make anti-Dave jabs as much as I make anti-Sam jabs. if i am so insignificant, why do you bother with me so much?

and how is my life a horror? you know nothing about me ass. just sit behind your computer thinking you are tough, if thats what makes you feel special, keep going.

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 02:01 PM
clever tool, very clever. i make anti-Dave jabs as much as I make anti-Sam jabs. if i am so insignificant, why do you bother with me so much?

I JUST WROTE IN THE VERY LAST POSTING THAT YOU ARE LIKE A BUZZING FLY!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE HERE EXPLAIN WHAT I MEANT TO MANCHOWDER BOY? IS THE COMPARISON TOO COMPLICATED FOR YOU? FLIES ARE INSIGNIFICANT DISEASE CARRIERS LIKE YOU - GO FLY ELSWHERE .... BUZZ WITH YOUR OWN GAY KIND ON VHLINKS...

Oh yeah, nobody here believes for a second that you are not GAY

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 02:02 PM
i dont care what anyone here thinks...this is an Internet Message Board about a singer. What you say does not impact my life or bother me at all. You can think what you will, I really don't give a fuck as I said before being called gay isn't an insult you mindless twat

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 02:05 PM
i dont care what anyone here thinks...this is an Internet Message Board about a singer. What you say does not impact my life or bother me at all. You can think what you will, I really don't give a fuck as I said before being called gay isn't an insult you mindless twat

OK, fag

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 02:08 PM
uh oh, that was a zinger. you got me on that one clever guy

Don Corleone
08-18-2004, 02:08 PM
you know nothing about me

We know what you look like.....

Roth kills Sam
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
We know what you look like.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Muthafucker
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
man oh man, i still want those three astonishing tunes, damnit!!!

EmpyreLounge44
08-18-2004, 02:13 PM
thats me alright

Figs
08-18-2004, 02:15 PM
I told my wife to delete that photo right after she took it! Now it's all over the 'net! That bitch!

Thetruthbaby
08-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Actually VAN HALEN have sold 52 MILLION albums in the U.S. PROBLEM FOR hagar IS, 34 MILLION OF THOSE COME FROM THE ROTH ERA. What an idiot this guy is.

Carmine
08-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
man oh man, i still want those three astonishing tunes, damnit!!!

there are some that feel we just got them. its about time, up for breakfast and learning to see could be the hagarized versions of those once DLR tunes...

Bad Muthafucker
08-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony
there are some that feel we just got them. its about time, up for breakfast and learning to see could be the hagarized versions of those once DLR tunes...

if that's the case, then i wouldn't really consider them to be "astonishing". more like ass wiping.

Bad Muthafucker
08-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony

and what a shame...to take tunes that dlr helped write and change them around a bit & put spermmy on the vocals. uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! but then again, it wouldn't be the first time edward did that. dave says all the time that he worked with edward with about half of the 5150 album. and then, when dave left, the sisters simply brought in a new singer and went right to all those master tapes and started with that as their go-point. fucking rip-off's!!!!

ClubDave
08-18-2004, 10:48 PM
i dont care what anyone here thinks...this is an Internet Message Board about a singer.

exactly, it is a message point about A SINGER, not a singer and a jealous bastard with a small dick named sammy hagar.........we dotn need sheep ehre like you who cry whenever they hear when it's love becasue it hits so close to home.............go lick the duckbutter off spams ballsack, and than you can go to links and tell everyone about how great sams duckbutter tastes, and all the ass parrots there will commend you

DLRdelight!
08-19-2004, 03:48 AM
What an ass munch

DavidLeeNatra
08-19-2004, 06:55 AM
i dont care what anyone here thinks...this is an Internet Message Board about a singer.

no, sheep...this is an internet message board about THE singer...