PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Show

Bottoms Up
07-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey there guys, i just got back from the show and i have mixed emotions about what i saw...The band seemed very up in spirits and had a pretty good show...But there was little things that did bother me..for example Eddie's constant change of key during some songs...Cetain tracks he nailed and others well...... Alex was amazing on the skins..i was very impressed...Mike hung in there and although Sammy isnt the most popular guy around here...he did do a decent job for most of the night....Unfortunatly Wolfgang was nowhere to be found...guess he took a break...over all it was a fun show...and by the ppl went nuts (including myself) when Roth songs were played!!

Rebel
07-04-2004, 12:58 AM
I've heard it was really packed (over 18k), did it looked full to you?

twonabomber
07-04-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Bottoms Up
Unfortunatly Wolfgang was nowhere to be found...

why would anyone want to see that kid?

scubaa
07-04-2004, 01:43 PM
THE SHOW WAS A BLAST AND THE FANS WENT NUTS...EVH ROCKED, ALEX WAS STELLAR , MIKEY WAS HIS USUAL AND SAMMY WAS GREAT

THE PLACE WAS PACKED AND WHEN THE FANS POURED ON THE STREETS IT WAS AWESOME FANS CHANTING VH, SAMMY , ALEX, MIKEY AND EDDIE WAS THE LARGETS SCREAMS OF ALL

JUST LIKE THE GOOD OL DAYS LONG LIVE VH

D

Don Corleone
07-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by scubaa
THE SHOW WAS A BLAST AND THE FANS WENT NUTS...EVH ROCKED, ALEX WAS STELLAR , MIKEY WAS HIS USUAL AND SAMMY WAS GREAT

THE PLACE WAS PACKED AND WHEN THE FANS POURED ON THE STREETS IT WAS AWESOME FANS CHANTING VH, SAMMY , ALEX, MIKEY AND EDDIE WAS THE LARGETS SCREAMS OF ALL

D

I think you've got us mixed up with the Links.

scubaa
07-04-2004, 01:49 PM
NOPE YOU GUYS ARE MIXED UP...VH #1 ROTH ?????? OH YA HE'S TRAINING TO BE AN EMT CAUSE HE JUST CANT CUT IT

LONG LIVE VH AVEC SAMMY!

Lou
07-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
why would anyone want to see that kid?

EXACTLY. I'd be fucking pissed if I had to endure that. Not that I wouldn't already be pissed having to sit through the shitty setlist.

scubaa
07-04-2004, 01:56 PM
GIVE IT UP, YOU KNOW THE TRUTH

AT LEAST EVH HAS A SON AND THE ABILITY TO CONTINUE ON GIVEN ALL THE SHIT HE HAS BEEN THROUGH WHAT HAS DLR BEEN UP AGAIST EXCEPT THAT HIS ISRESPONSIBLE FOR HIS DEMISE

TAKE THAT ONE AND STICK IT IN YOUR PIPE!

Don Corleone
07-04-2004, 01:56 PM
NOPE YOU GUYS ARE MIXED UP...VH #1 ROTH ?????? OH YA HE'S TRAINING TO BE AN EMT CAUSE HE JUST CANT CUT IT

LONG LIVE VH AVEC SAMMY!

Oh dear..... it's appears we have another retard from the Links trying to stir shit up (like that's never been tried before)

0 out of 10 for Originallity

EddieFan4Eva
07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bottoms Up
Hey there guys, i just got back from the show and i have mixed emotions about what i saw...The band seemed very up in spirits and had a pretty good show...But there was little things that did bother me..for example Eddie's constant change of key during some songs...Cetain tracks he nailed and others well...... Alex was amazing on the skins..i was very impressed...Mike hung in there and although Sammy isnt the most popular guy around here...he did do a decent job for most of the night....Unfortunatly Wolfgang was nowhere to be found...guess he took a break...over all it was a fun show...and by the ppl went nuts (including myself) when Roth songs were played!!

Sounds cool...i heard Ed's solo was killer. Thanks for sharing, there are others out here that wanna hear!

scubaa
07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
NOT AT ALL, JUST TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO YOU DLR FANS THAT JUST CANT SEEM TO SHAKE THAT DLR DIAGEO CLOUD YOUR IN

AGAIN I ASK WHERE'S DLR?

HAPPY JULY 4 TO ALL IN THE US

Igosplut
07-04-2004, 03:10 PM
THAT DLR DIAGEO CLOUD

What in the screaming fuck are you babbling about??

scubaa
07-04-2004, 05:28 PM
that VanHalen rocks and you dlr folks cant figure it out, if you actually were a real Van Halen fan with or without dlr you would get it, so get a fuckin brain and get back with the answer

bru87tr
07-04-2004, 05:52 PM
sorry but its Van Fagar and its not rock! rock doesnt include the word love in its songs every 5 min and have a guy wearing girl cloths and shoes. the best song they could come up with is about breakfast ? i will admit its a funny song! any self respecting man wouldnt admit they like spermmy fagar. only a homo would! right, you dumb french fuck ?

scubaa
07-04-2004, 06:00 PM
a, what makes me french?

b, who cares about the new tunes...check out the quotes in the upcoming interview with VH the new tunes and that they are just for fun however the new cd in 2005 will be the proof this tour is just a warm up

Maybe they will invite dlr ambualnce boy to do the first aid

you dumb ass mo fo from the USA..ass..as for the rest of you I AM CANADIAN and LOVE the USA except for this dickhead bru87tr !!

Je te un message pour toi bru87tr , bes mon que....

Samsonite
07-04-2004, 06:01 PM
DLR made love songs too...

I'm the one the one you love...

scubaa
07-04-2004, 06:02 PM
very very true!!

bru87tr
07-04-2004, 06:15 PM
ya I'M the one you love!

he isnt singing about loving someone and crying.....

btw

after that line is GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!!!

also sings it like a mother fucker!!!!!! not like a homo like sam pouring and crying his heart out! if you think dave is singing about love you really have no clue and have your head to far up sperms ass.

if you think thats a love song you really are stupid. try again! you could have come up with a better song to use than that if you thought a little. lol

even if dave has wrote a love song he wouldnt sing it like a little fag...... he would sing it like a true man and without crying.

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
Thanks for sharing, there are others out here that wanna hear!

Go onto the VHlinks and share your GAY HOMO FAG love.

THIS IS THE DLRARMY, NOT THE GAY FAG HOMO VHLINKS. GO SPREAD YOUR GAY LOVE OVER THERE, QUEER

scubaa
07-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I NOW KNOW THAT THE ONLY GAY THING HERE IS ALL OF YOU CUM GUZZLING , DICK LICKING , CORN HOLE LOVING DLR FANS...

WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE VH LINKS AND GET A GLINPSE OF REALITY IF THAT IS YOU COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO ONCE YOU GOT YOUR COCK OUT OF EACH OTHERS HOLE

GET A LIFE AND STOP PROMOTING THE INSESSED RELATIONS YOU ALL HAVE WITH YOU FATHER AND MOTHERS!!

TO YOU DLR YO YO GO SCREW YOURSELVES ..

scubaa
07-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I NOW KNOW THAT THE ONLY GAY THING HERE IS ALL OF YOU CUM GUZZLING , DICK LICKING , CORN HOLE LOVING DLR FANS...

WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE VH LINKS AND GET A GLIMPSE OF REALITY IF THAT IS YOU COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO ONCE YOU GOT YOUR COCK OUT OF EACH OTHERS HOLE

GET A LIFE AND STOP PROMOTING THE INSESSED RELATIONS YOU ALL HAVE WITH YOU FATHER AND MOTHERS!!

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 08:06 PM

WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE VH LINKS AND GET A GLIMPSE OF REALITY IF THAT IS YOU COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO ONCE YOU GOT YOUR COCK OUT OF EACH OTHERS HOLE

YOU CAME ONTO THIS SITE AND PRETENDED TO BE A ROTH FAN AS MANY OF YOUR GAY FAGGOT HOMO FRIENDS DO UNTIL YOUR TRUE COLORS ARE EXPOSED. NOW TAKE YOUR CAPRI PANTS AND SPERMY GAYBAR MANJUICE AND GO TO THE SHEEP PASTURE - VHLINKS

scubaa
07-04-2004, 08:15 PM
YOU KNOW GET OFF THE GAY THING ITS TIRING , SIMPLE FACT VAN HALEN AVEC SAMMY HAVE MOVED FORWARD WITHOUT DAVE, THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE,

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO RECOGNIZE THE FACT THAT BOTH SAMMY AND DLR HAVE BROUGHT SO MUCH TO THE MUSIC BUSINESS??

ANYONE AGREE?

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 08:18 PM
SIMPLE FACT VAN HALEN AVEC SAMMY HAVE MOVED FORWARD WITHOUT DAVE, THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE,

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO RECOGNIZE THE FACT THAT BOTH SAMMY AND DLR HAVE BROUGHT SO MUCH TO THE MUSIC BUSINESS??

ANYONE AGREE?

EVERYONE HERE AGREES THAT YOU ARE A SPERMY GAYBAR LOVING FAG AND YOU ARE ARE NOT WELCOME

TAKE YOUR CAPRI PANTS AND GO THE VHLINKS WHERE YOU CAN ENJOY GAY FAG HOMO MANLOVE WITH BRETT NORTON

Golden AWe
07-04-2004, 08:23 PM
scubaa, etc spam aliases: :rolleyes: the joke got old already

Golden AWe
07-04-2004, 08:24 PM

D

You were not in the concert

David Van Via
07-04-2004, 08:28 PM
YOU KNOW GET OFF THE GAY THING ITS TIRING , SIMPLE FACT VAN HALEN AVEC SAMMY HAVE MOVED FORWARD WITHOUT DAVE, THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE,

ANYONE AGREE?

I agree but you actually enjoy what dave brought to the music business.

scubaa
07-04-2004, 08:34 PM
OF COURSE I HAVE ENJOYED WHAT DLR BROUGHT , BUT FUCK IT GETS TIRED HERE WHEN YOU WANT TO DISCUSS DLR AND GOD HELP YOU THAT YOU HAVE MADE A POSITIVE REPLY ABOUT SAMMY

SHIT THEY BOTH ROCK JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC GOD DAMN IT!!

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 08:39 PM
OF COURSE I HAVE ENJOYED WHAT DLR BROUGHT , BUT FUCK IT GETS TIRED HERE WHEN YOU WANT TO DISCUSS DLR AND GOD HELP YOU THAT YOU HAVE MADE A POSITIVE REPLY ABOUT SAMMY

SHIT THEY BOTH ROCK JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC GOD DAMN IT!!

NO, THEY BOTH DO NOT ROCK. NOBODY GIVES A CRAP THAT YOU ENJOY A CIRCLE JERK WITH SAMMY.

THIS IS THE DLRARMY, NOT THE "SAMMY AND DAVE ARE BOTH GOOD" SITE. GO TO THE VHLINKS AND SPEW YOUR GAY FAG HOMO CANCER WITH BRETT NORTON

scubaa
07-04-2004, 08:51 PM
AH DID YOU JUST FEEL THAT IT WAS MY DOG SCREWING YOUR FAGOT ASS ,,,,,,ALONG SIDE WITH DLR LICKING YOUR TINY MANHOOD

LATER FAG

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 08:53 PM
ALONG SIDE WITH DLR LICKING YOUR TINY MANHOOD

LOOK AT THE SPERMY GAYBAR FAG TAKE SHOTS AND DAVE. GET OFF THE SITE. YOUR MOM HAS ONE TOOTH LEFT AND I AM ABOUT TO KNOCK IT OUT OF HER MOUTH. GO BACK TO THE VHLINKS

David Van Via
07-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
NO, THEY BOTH DO NOT ROCK. NOBODY GIVES A CRAP THAT YOU ENJOY A CIRCLE JERK WITH SAMMY.

THIS IS THE DLRARMY, NOT THE "SAMMY AND DAVE ARE BOTH GOOD" SITE. GO TO THE VHLINKS AND SPEW YOUR GAY FAG HOMO CANCER WITH BRETT NORTON

Couldn't agree more. Fuck off back to the VHlinks with your Spammy Bollucks.

Bottoms Up
07-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Guys!!!....Theres no need to start these fights....i was just giving a review of the show...lol

tjvhou812
07-05-2004, 11:18 AM
good to hear vh is still kickin ass all over...

but you dont need to bash dave, dave was a big part of vh..

and he will always be one of the greatest front men of all time..

so dont bash the guy , just becuase there are jelluos fans on this site.
and they cant handle the truth, take it out on them not dave,

Big Troubles
07-05-2004, 11:22 AM
since when were you ever on the 'defensive side' of Dave?

I agree that VH are doing well on this tour, but I will not agree they are doing what they expected to do. A few sell out crowds on a tour list through North America is not a great tour. It's just a summer fill in tour. Most people would also agree, whether you or anyone would like it, that if Dave were in the band for a real reunion it would certainly be a sell out everywhere. Not just in Toronto.

Big Troubles
07-05-2004, 11:26 AM

LONG LIVE VH AVEC SAMMY!

theres only one person that's cunt-fused little fella. He's training to be an EMT so he can volunteer his time when in New York. Volunteer. Get it? He wont get paid for it. If it were a career change he would do something to get $$$ from. Now move along to next slurr of mixed up words, improper use of the english language- And turn your caps off, it makes you look just a tad lower than the primates at the Links. You wanna enjoy your time here don't you? Then follow the simple rules of the Roth Army or be Slawtered in a very fashionable way-

tjvhou812
07-05-2004, 11:27 AM
the fact is bt, that concert sales everywhere in the usa isnt that good for anybody, at least vh is packin places, like it or not the tour is a big summer tour....just the facts

Big Troubles
07-05-2004, 11:36 AM
I stated that they are lower than expected for a "classic rock band reunion". That's all. That is the facts. we can speculate on what the sales would be if Dave were apart of it...but something tells me that possibly in a few years time we may know.
Not all bands are struggling in tours. Just bands that centralize themselves to a slow market with saturated bullshit like radio bands and pop stars. Aerosmith is in Japan for a reason and likewise VH is in the States for their own reasons. Probably because the record co. knew they struggle here and deep down they knew it too. Don't you find it odd that this reunion has little to zero build up or media appearances? No Letterman, Leno nothing.....? Why is that? I think the main mass media has given up on Van Halen when they announced with would be Sam joining and not who everyone wanted to join....DAVE.

pete
07-05-2004, 11:46 AM

ANYONE AGREE?

What have they brought to music?

I see a watered down parody of what the original Van Halen brought to music.

VHI changed rock from that point on.

Van Hagar hasn't. They had some pop hits hat you never hear anymore.

Sammy as a solo artist was never compelling. It never blew your mind. The Van Halen name is the only thing that allowed sam to have a career post '89.

I Can't Drive 55 is leagues below Hot 4 teacher, Panama, THE FULL BUG, MEANSTREET, CRADLE, RWTD and on and on.
When I hear those songs, My adrenaline pumps and at my favorite watering hole:it's contagious.

What sammy or Van Hagar song can come close to any of these?

The ones that try fail IMO. They try to create the Roth/VH vibe on songs like poundcake but, sam's lyrics kill it.

moose
07-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Got into work this morn and no sooner do I sit down at my desk when Jason come walkin in with a smile. So I ask, "How was it", and here is his response.

" show was great, lot's o people, but some empty seats, I think around a 1000 or so" So he's talkin about the show and was dissapointed that Alex(Jason is a Drummer) didn't impress him that much he then went on to say that Eddie blew everyone away during his solo and what impressed him was when Ed played "Catherdral"
After listening to him for a bit I asked him "Be honest here, which songs got the loudest response" "Fuck you have to ask , when they played the Roth era songs the place went fuckin ballistic, no bullshit, I'm tellin ya the place went nuts. Nothing against Sam, he puts on a decent show but I don't want to see a Sammy Hagar show, I want to seeaVan Halen show and the only man who can do that is Dave, Dave was and always will be Van Halen(these are his words not mine).
Jason also mentioned that at one point they kinda lost each other during a van hagar tune, stopped the show and started again. He was glad he saw Alex, Ed and Michael, and as stated before he has nothin against sam, but only wished it was Roth. Oh he also mentioned(I did not ask)that sam has gotten chubby, real chubby.

guwapo_rocker
07-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I Can't Drive 55 is leagues below S S S Saturday Night........

pete
07-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I Can't Drive 55 is leagues below S S S Saturday Night........

The bay city roller were like a more rocking hagar. LOL

tjvhou812
07-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I stated that they are lower than expected for a "classic rock band reunion". That's all. That is the facts. we can speculate on what the sales would be if Dave were apart of it...but something tells me that possibly in a few years time we may know.
Not all bands are struggling in tours. Just bands that centralize themselves to a slow market with saturated bullshit like radio bands and pop stars. Aerosmith is in Japan for a reason and likewise VH is in the States for their own reasons. Probably because the record co. knew they struggle here and deep down they knew it too. Don't you find it odd that this reunion has little to zero build up or media appearances? No Letterman, Leno nothing.....? Why is that? I think the main mass media has given up on Van Halen when they announced with would be Sam joining and not who everyone wanted to join....DAVE.

i think the no media thing has to do w/ed not wanting to say who was wrong him or sammy..

so they are staying away from the media...

sooner or later he will have to answer the question

only the facts
tjvhou812

Big Troubles
07-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Yes maybe....(Ed's refusing to answer questions) but that only means its their own fault for lowered sales. They shy away from questions and the marketing for this tour turns to shit. This is where they would need Dave, the greatest MC to step forward and hush the media and mass market a great tour.

tjvhou812
07-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Yes maybe....(Ed's refusing to answer questions) but that only means its their own fault for lowered sales. They shy away from questions and the marketing for this tour turns to shit. This is where they would need Dave, the greatest MC to step forward and hush the media and mass market a great tour.

well thats a great point bt.
but you know ed...
he,s just like dave, and dont like it when he is wrong...

sure dave could have pumped up this tour if he was back,
but would eddie let him,

tjvhou812
07-05-2004, 12:14 PM
ed dosnt want to answer any questions at this time...

becuase he was wrong for gettin rid of sammy.]

and he donsnt want to have to say it...

DLR_EngineRoom
07-05-2004, 12:16 PM

LONG LIVE VH AVEC SAMMY!

that VanHalen rocks and you dlr folks cant figure it out, if you actually were a real Van Halen fan with or without dlr you would get it, so get a fuckin brain and get back with the answer

Actual pix from Saturday Night's concert in Toronto...

Pic 1: Opening number, Sammy attempts Roth's signature jump from drum riser.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Pic 2: Sammy Hagar cries for help from a previous 'run in' with David Lee Roth, but to no avail, bandmembers Eddie, Alex and Mikey didn't realize he was crying for help because they thought that he was 'just singin'...

DLR_EngineRoom
07-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Pic 3: An actual ad from the flyers that Sammy Hagar made to announce his future plans after this tour.