PDA

View Full Version : Is This It?

cadaverdog
10-04-2015, 01:31 AM
It just turned to Sunday here in lovely wesern Louisiana and I just got through reading a review VA posted. They wowed em in L A for sure. Tonights the last show of the tour. Is this it for VH or will they try to stay together for one more album and/or tour? Should they?

philouze
10-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Should they?? Well.. I wouldn't be against another album...
But another tour?? I don't give a rat's ass about that. Two reasons:
a) Roth.
b) They only tour the US, Japan or Australia.

But to be brutally honest here, I don't think there will be a new album. I think that, for VH as we know it, yes, this is it.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Yeah, their ignoring of Europe has always baffled me as well....

Ideally, for their own best interest, they would have to produce a new album before thinking they could go back out on the road again... But having said that, they toured what, 40 shows with no new music this summer and had very good attendance....

They 'could' do that again, but even with their fan base, it's highly doubtful they'd get the crowds they got this summer playing basically the same set again....

If you think about it, there are plenty of bands in their same age group that tour basically every year now, but get nowhere near the crowds VH did.... The difference is this case is that those bands COMBINE and tour.... So that could be a possibility as well, but I don't see EVH wanting to share the stage with another band from their era, I just don't.....

And then there's DLR.... Will his supposed refusal to make more new music be the tipping point? Who the fuck knows at this point, but as I said, if the VH bros are willing to go back on the road a year or two or three from now without new music, they'd better be ready for smaller crowds.... The question is at that point, how much worse off is DLR's voice going to be then? By then he could be at Paul Stanley level, realistically...

ZahZoo
10-04-2015, 09:45 AM
I think that's it for the 3 old guys...

Up next... the much anticipated solo Van Wolfie project. Tentatively titled... Got Snacks..?

DONNIEP
10-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Three days from now...

Dave's back in Japan, finishing up at Ninja School

Ed's back in 5150 doing what he's done for 30 years, dwiddling his geetar.

Al's filling out the application for unemployment benefits.

Wolfie's holding a press conference at the local Golden Corral announcing auditions for Van Halen's new singer, geetar player, and drummer. Rumor has it that Kanye West and Justin Bieber are at the top of the list for Dave's spot. When asked to confirm these rumors, a much fatter Wolfgang cryptically replied "I chase tone, man. I'm a tone chaser. Are you gonna finish that cake?"

philouze
10-04-2015, 11:56 AM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o543/metalsludge04x/rothdance.gif

Jérôme Frenchise
10-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Hilarious! :biggrin: Thanks, Flappo!

philouze
10-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Flappo is the gratest. I demand his return!

moose
10-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Not gonna lose sleep if this is it, actually I AM hoping that they call it a day unless of course its the original 4
the 3 meat heads don't give a flying fuck about the fans both old and new . They lined their pockets and are laffing all the way to the bank, glad I didn't waste a penny on this tour.
So DAVE, Ed and Alex can go fuck themselves for all I care

chefcraig
10-04-2015, 09:34 PM

Oh sweet Jesus...Diamond Dave reinserts Hee Haw to syndicated television...where are Roy Clarke and Buck Owens? Oh, the humanity...

Little Texan
10-04-2015, 10:26 PM

From which show was this clip taken from?

cadaverdog
10-04-2015, 11:19 PM
It was a private show in West Hollywood.

Little Texan
10-05-2015, 12:04 AM
It was a private show in West Hollywood.

Richard Simmons birthday bash?

philouze
10-05-2015, 01:52 AM
Richard Simmons birthday bash?

Hellooooooooooooo!!!
I listened to The History Of Howard Stern recently. I love when they made fun of Simmons.. Priceless shit.
"Stop it, Howard! Stop it! Gary! GARY!"

Von Halen
10-05-2015, 07:45 AM

All of them.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Flappo is the gratest. I demand his return!

Under his own name, that is? ;)

philouze
10-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Under his own name, that is? ;)

Obviously! :)

DaveTheScott
10-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Followed these guys for the better part of my life. My favorite band of all time. Every fucking important memory, good and bad, between the ages of 10 and 43 is set to a Van Halen soundtrack. It's a bit of nostalgia, a bit of not knowing when we'll see them again (in one configuration or another), and that's what they're selling.

I went to the San Diego show prepped to say my goodbyes and make my peace. Went to the show by myself. Drank half a case of beer and a bottle of Bushmills with some other fans I met in the parking lot. Reminisced about past shows and the bullshit in between. Threw around our best theories on what we believe will (and will not) happen from here. It was a great show (all things considered) but for a lot of us, I dare say it was more like a wake.

There was a part in the show where Dave asked the camera guy to pan in on Ed's face "to see by his reaction if I'm lying with what I'm about to say". Dave said he was just telling them before they came out that after all the shit he's done musically and otherwise, he considers walking out on stage to play with the Halens the apex of his career, and his favorite place to be. Ed just kind of smiled at him, probably wondering what the fuck he was going to say next. Dave walked over, gave Ed a modified bro hug (Ed was sitting on the drum riser) and kissed Ed on the head. When Dave first started I thought for sure it was scripted. After a few minutes and by the look on Ed and Wolf's face (I was only 12 rows back), I wasn't sure how scripted it was.

Given the state of mind I was already in, being ready to part with the past and close the book (plus waaaaaaaay more booze than I needed), that single bit set the tone for the rest of the show for me. Again, not sure if it was scripted...I know these guys are entertainers...but for me, that confirmed what I was already feeling and it was if Dave was confirming that we were watching the final curtain.

I stayed through Ed's solo. When he finished and looked out at the crowd (I was 12 rows back, center) I stood on my empty chair hoping he'd see me (ya ya I know) and I shot him a salute. I climbed down, took a draw of special smoke from the generous fellas in front of me, and walked my ass out of the orchestra section, towards the exit. I could hear fucking Panama as I walked to the car.

With that, I was done. said my goodbyes. Closed the book.

Show was last Wednesday. Haven't listened to Halen since then. Deleted the songs in my workout playlist, deleted the downloads off my phone. Replaced their music with Winery Dogs (good shit - playing San Diego on Nov 8!!!) and some old Leadbelly.

I'm not mad. I'm not sad. I'm just. Done. And I got the feeling Van Halen was too. And I feel that's exactly the way I should feel.

Just my opinion. Not wishing for it. But I'm telling ya, I felt it.

It's not like these guys are the type to turn to social media and keep the fans updated weekly on what they're up to. If they were going to retire/quit/give up/cease making records together, I don't think they'd make a big deal out of it. I think they'd just stop.

There's already multiple "Well...now what???" threads here, and music writers are already in full gear trying to predict the future. I haven't seen any comment from any of the band on the topic. I don't think we will. Nothing we can count on, anyway.

Wolf will focus on making new music and going forward. Everything else will probably remain a mystery, the proverbial interview question about his dad's old band that he'll just never agree to answer.

Not hoping for it. Hoping I'm wrong. Hoping there's a new double record full of new music and a 12-country world tour.

But not waiting for it.

Stay Frosty, guys...

EDIT: Apparently much of the same material found it's way into the LA shows as well...so who the fuck knows. Standing my ground on this one, boyos.

Von Halen
10-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Damn dude. Great post, but you didn't need to delete the VH from your catalogue!

DLR Bridge
10-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Dave, Ed and Al have come full circle. In the very beginning, Dave dressed flashy and wore shoes just like the ones he wore on this tour. When Dave met Ed and Al, they were in jeans, T-shirts and sneakers, like what they're wearing today. Perhaps, the sun is setting, with all of them doing whatever it was they wanted to do when they got this thing started. If this should be the end, it was one hell of a ride.

Romeo Delight
10-06-2015, 11:21 PM
And then there's DLR.... Will his supposed refusal to make more new music be the tipping point? Who the fuck knows at this point, but as I said, if the VH bros are willing to go back on the road a year or two or three from now without new music, they'd better be ready for smaller crowds.... The question is at that point, how much worse off is DLR's voice going to be then? By then he could be at Paul Stanley level, realistically...

But it isn't really Dave refusing to make new music... its Dave refusing to make new music without it being a true organic process versus listening to Desmond Child or whoever tell him what to sing and where... Can't say I blame him

Romeo Delight
10-06-2015, 11:22 PM
There's more to come...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-07-2015, 07:41 AM
But it isn't really Dave refusing to make new music... its Dave refusing to make new music without it being a true organic process versus listening to Desmond Child or whoever tell him what to sing and where... Can't say I blame him

True organic process? Well, we don't know who is to fault, but I mean unless we're all mistaken, Dave doesn't even go to Howdy Doody Mountain to work on new music....

And while I understand with today's technology he doesn't necessarily NEED to be there, c'mon, that IS part of the process....

Von Halen
10-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Dave didn't even rehearse for this fucking tour. At all.

If you can't get him to rehearsal, how are you going to get him to the studio to do an entire album, at this point? Especially since there's really no money in a new album in this day and age.

Does anyone really believe Dave will be motivated to go right into the studio, from this tour to knock out an album, and then be ready to tour behind it next year? Especially since he's the one that stated they are on a 3 year cycle these days?

Remember, these guys CHOSE to release an abortion, an abomination, of a live album, because they were too fucking LAZY to do the necessary work to release something respectable! That's a fucking FACT! They said it themselves!

Yeah, there's more to come. A lot more wasted time to come.

Anonymous
10-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Damn dude. Great post, but you didn't need to delete the VH from your catalogue!

Yup. The post was hella entertaining & it *seemed* to be calm, clear headed & concise.

But deleting the songs is just an overreaction for dramatic effect. I'm not a fan of that sort of thing.

private parts
10-07-2015, 10:35 AM

Taking down his Roth in Ass-less Chaps poster would have been enough in my opinion.

Romeo Delight
10-07-2015, 12:34 PM
True organic process? Well, we don't know who is to fault, but I mean unless we're all mistaken, Dave doesn't even go to Howdy Doody Mountain to work on new music....

And while I understand with today's technology he doesn't necessarily NEED to be there, c'mon, that IS part of the process....

Wasn't the need to use Hanson studios for ADKOT in part to increase the chances it would be a true collaboration versus entering Ed's bedroom essentially?

I think what Dave is looking for is a little bit of collaboration for the music versus him coming to the studio and having someone tell him the lyrics and how he will sing on a song he had no input into.

DLR Bridge
10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Wasn't the need to use Hanson studios for ADKOT in part to increase the chances it would be a true collaboration versus entering Ed's bedroom essentially?

I think what Dave is looking for is a little bit of collaboration for the music versus him coming to the studio and having someone tell him the lyrics and how he will sing on a song he had no input into.

Agreed. Around the time during the ADKOT tour that he made the remark that a conversation can't be had about Michael Anthony being in the band, he also mentioned his invitation to the brothers to "woodshed" new material at his friends house in Hawaii. I'll have to try to find that interview. Pretty sure he said those things.

chuckjitsu
10-07-2015, 02:03 PM
To me, any work ethic issues are on the Van Halens, specifically Ed. Dave's talked about the 3 year work cycle, but is that really his preference, or is he merely accommodating Al and Ed? He did record/complete the album with John 5 during their last hibernation. What the hell did Ed and Al do during that period? And didn't they just leave it to Dave to find the audio for the live album because they didn't want to take the time to sift through all the tapes? None of that stuff screams "great work ethic" to me. I have no way of knowing this for sure, but I'm guessing that if Dave had his druthers, he wouldn't be sitting on his ass for 3 years waiting for Ed and Al to get motivated to do something.

As it seems to be the way it is these days, it'll probably take a push from Wolfgang to get Ed off his ass. He's got the Tremonti stuff going on and there seems to be talk of him doing his own stuff, so who knows if/when he'll turn his attention back to VH. He seems smart enough to realize that the sun is setting on Van Halen, so I hope he can squeeze one more album out of his dad before the sun finally sets.

DLR Bridge
10-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Dave was totally reiterating the Van Halen mandate when he spoke of the "James Bond" turn time. Those guys have been on a 3 year (or much more) cycle since 1986.

Von Halen
10-07-2015, 03:33 PM
To me, any work ethic issues are on the Van Halens

I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals? Solid work ethic.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-07-2015, 03:38 PM
I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals?

buyin' pallets of scarves

chuckjitsu
10-07-2015, 04:32 PM
I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals? Solid work ethic.

I don't remember reading or hearing anything about this. Where'd you get this info?

PETE'S BROTHER
10-07-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't remember reading or hearing anything about this. Where'd you get this info?

von wanted dave to sing a long with the musicians for a few weeks so they could get better timing and consistent sound at a van halen concert

Von Halen
10-07-2015, 04:39 PM
von wanted dave to sing a long with the musicians for a few weeks so they could get better timing and consistent sound at a van halen concert

I'll tell you what, I'm glad I didn't pay big money for one of the first few shows, that were essentially his rehearsal shows.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm glad I didn't pay big money for one of the first few shows, that were essentially his rehearsal shows.

agreed. didn't you have a blast at the show you went to? we were singin' along so much and smilin' and fist pumpin' and energized for two solid hours and overwhelmed with joy at the fun we just had.

Von Halen
10-07-2015, 04:59 PM
agreed. didn't you have a blast at the show you went to? we were singin' along so much and smilin' and fist pumpin' and energized for two solid hours and overwhelmed with joy at the fun we just had.

I did enjoy the show I went to. It is much better being there, than watching Youtubes.

Grit
10-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Dave didn't even rehearse for this fucking tour. At all.

If you can't get him to rehearsal, how are you going to get him to the studio to do an entire album, at this point? Especially since there's really no money in a new album in this day and age.

Does anyone really believe Dave will be motivated to go right into the studio, from this tour to knock out an album, and then be ready to tour behind it next year? Especially since he's the one that stated they are on a 3 year cycle these days?

Remember, these guys CHOSE to release an abortion, an abomination, of a live album, because they were too fucking LAZY to do the necessary work to release something respectable! That's a fucking FACT! They said it themselves!

Yeah, there's more to come. A lot more wasted time to come.

I just don't ever see Dave refusing to record new music, seems like that would be more of an Ed thing. In fact John 5 said he and Dave recorded and album while Van Halen was not doing anything . . .

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-lee-roth-john-album/

Von Halen
10-07-2015, 05:21 PM
I just don't ever see Dave refusing to record new music, seems like that would be more of an Ed thing. In fact John 5 said he and Dave recorded and album while Van Halen was not doing anything . . .

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-lee-roth-john-album/

Yeah, I spoke directly to John 5 about that, well before they considered it breaking news in July of 2014. http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?69928-So-I-met-John-5-last-night&highlight=

twonabomber
10-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Dave wasn't in any of the rehearsal videos Wolfgang posted, and wasn't in any of the pics that went up on Instagram or Twitter. Seemed pretty clear to me.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Dave wasn't in any of the rehearsal videos Wolfgang posted, and wasn't in any of the pics that went up on Instagram or Twitter. Seemed pretty clear to me.

did we ever see al, coulda been piped in ;)

Jérôme Frenchise
10-08-2015, 01:36 PM

... though he was the one who most needed to rehearse.

BumBahDeeDah
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
But didn't it really work out? I think the Van Halens had some faith that Dave would be more than decent. They know he works when he's not with them. Sorta sucked for the people at the early shows maybe, and the Ellen and Kimmel appearances were scary, but when Dave hit his stride it was great. I guess it was sorta like the many NFL teams who didn't play their stars much or at all in the preseason and it took a coupla games to gel.

And who says Dave never rehearsed with them anyway? Maybe he was left out on purpose. His command of lyrics from the very beginning of this tour was way better than I worried it would be. If he wasnt workin with The Halens, he WAS workin!

And what's with all the "being told what to sing" comments? I thought I knew that Dave sang at separate times and place than The Three Twins made music, but it's too fuckin' obvious that that's Diamond Dave all over ADKOT, creatively and lyrically. Didn't John Shanks do a massive interview about the work and the proccess?

Come on...

BumBahDeeDah
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
And I don't think this is it, but I'm gonna think about other stuff while they disappear for another two years. I think there's gonna be a Live DVD and CD from this tour. There has to be. The Jones Beach shows or the Hollywood Bowl shows were more than worthy.

DONNIEP
10-08-2015, 03:31 PM
What's next for VH? Three years of hibernation...

http://s24.postimg.org/8dz0zqrr9/image.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
I did enjoy the show I went to. It is much better being there, than watching Youtubes.

Absolutely...

I said it after the Bristow show, but if you don't go to as many concerts as you used to, in which I fall into that category, but man, when that wall of sound hits you and EVH rips into Light Up The Sky, it sounds fantastic....

And my ears only rang for two days! Bonus!

danzig
10-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Rehearsals would have diminished what little voice Dave has left. Other veteran singers have refrained for the same reason. Dave wouldn't follow lock and step with Ed's hard rock direction is why there is no new material this tour. :015:

FORD
10-08-2015, 06:30 PM
You can always do a "half assed" job of singing on the rehearsals. Make it more of an exercize in getting the timing and sound mixing right, but not straining the voice so much. Hell, Mick Jagger was doing that before he was 30!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb-ltrimRG4

Compare this to the official live performances on the 1972 tour to see how "low key" Mick is in the rehearsal.

Considering he can still sing in his 70s, he must have done something right.

BumBahDeeDah
10-08-2015, 10:24 PM
And my ears only rang for two days! Bonus!

My ears didn't ring at Jones Beach!!! Is it the lack of any ceiling there, or after all these years of loud music and loud concerts, I'm showing hearing loss?!! I warned my sister that it was gonna be loud, but she didn't complain. Chicago and Earth, Wind and FIYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! was louder and had pain inducing moments at PNC, but there's a partial ceiling. Where did you see Van Halen?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2015, 11:51 PM
My ears didn't ring at Jones Beach!!! Is it the lack of any ceiling there, or after all these years of loud music and loud concerts, I'm showing hearing loss?!! I warned my sister that it was gonna be loud, but she didn't complain. Chicago and Earth, Wind and FIYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! was louder and had pain inducing moments at PNC, but there's a partial ceiling. Where did you see Van Halen?

Bristow, VA

Jetstream
10-09-2015, 01:13 AM
At Houston Dave gave his 'dancing lessons' during the mid part of "Dance The Night Away" and something happened in that which showed something to me about the band. Everyone likes to think the band is going "would he please shut the fuck up" but something happened which maybe people might not consider, the brothers have actually grown to like Dave talking like a mad hatter. Dave asked them to help him out and Ed laughed and started playing "Jamie's Cryin'" out of the blue with Al for Dave to dance to... I think this band is enjoying themselves more than the fans who are discussing their relations and future in my opinion :)

DLR Bridge
10-09-2015, 06:16 AM
One can only hope you're right, Jet. I'm with you. Hags, in that other thread, mentioned there's no chemistry. Hell, I almost would have agreed after the show I saw in Camden, where there was little interaction between anyone. But this recent incarnation is 75% about delivering the goods, 25% about delivering the show. There is a chemistry there that doesn't involve getting all lovey dovey for the whole show. It eats Hags alive that it works, and that all he can do is watch the random show clips he says his friends show him. What a joker. He's glued to his phone, watching them all, just like us, and he knows it.

Never was
10-09-2015, 08:50 AM
They have history as brothers going back to being a teenagers. In their old age they likely appreciate each other more than they used to but it doesn't make them agree on how to do things. These guys just have direct opposite approaches but when they get it in the same room it works. It requires breaking a lot of eggs but its a hell of an omelet. Dave's voice being shot or not really is less an issue in regard to a new record. His biggest and under rated contribution is as the co songwriter and most of the new material on ADKOT was Dave. His writing seems to be at a high level. They did a fair amount of writing in the fall of 2013 that for non-music reasons never lead to a new record.

They will do a new record I believe in mid 2016 for a 2017 release but if they don't the reasons will be non Van Halen related and due to their respective issues keeping them out of the studio. In the meantime Wolf has a cd, maybe Dave gets his out finally, and Eddie allegedly has some documentary project in the works. It may be a pretty productive time period for them but as always it takes the least issue to derail one of them.

DLR Bridge
10-09-2015, 09:25 AM
They did a fair amount of writing in the fall of 2013 that for non-music reasons never lead to a new record.

They will do a new record I believe in mid 2016 for a 2017 release but if they don't the reasons will be non Van Halen related and due to their respective issues keeping them out of the studio. In the meantime Wolf has a cd, maybe Dave gets his out finally, and Eddie allegedly has some documentary project in the works. It may be a pretty productive time period for them but as always it takes the least issue to derail one of them.

Conjecture, or are you genuinely in the know?

Northern Girl
10-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Same as it never was!

DLR Bridge
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Someone remembered their log in password. :thumb:

Northern Girl
10-09-2015, 10:52 AM

because it's DLR Bridge - how could I forget it? :high5:

Northern Girl
10-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Can't believe it's been two years! So what's Van Halen been up to? ;)

Never was
10-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Conjecture, or are you genuinely in the know?

I know they did write in 2013 as a fact. Conjecture about going forward. The Eddie project I have heard like 10 versions of and based on the legal activity yeah up to something but just guessing on my part that it will be a book.

Was interesting EVH has been to Roths house and the 2013 writing was actually at 5150, neither of those things occurred previously. Its why I say the animosity is very hyped in public but in actuality no hatred but just 2 opposite views on how to do things.

Northern Girl
10-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Dave said he was just telling them before they came out that after all the shit he's done musically and otherwise, he considers walking out on stage to play with the Halens the apex of his career, and his favorite place to be. Ed just kind of smiled at him, probably wondering what the fuck he was going to say next. Dave walked over, gave Ed a modified bro hug (Ed was sitting on the drum riser) and kissed Ed on the head.

Sounds like Dave is saying goodbye...

78/84 guy
10-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Can't believe it's been two years! So what's Van Halen been up to? ;)

Very little !!! LOL !! They aren't livin' at a pace that kills anymore !!

78/84 guy
10-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Maybe too VH ? But I don't think so. Not yet. This tour was good for them.

Northern Girl
10-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Very little !!! LOL !! They aren't livin' at a pace that kills anymore !!

Neither am I. LOL. Too bad they didn't come to MN. I would have gone to see them one last time.

Oh well...whatever they do is up to them. If I can get behind it, I will. If not, that's fine too. (Couldn't get behind that live album...boo...hate live albums.)

DaveTheScott
10-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Taking down his Roth in Ass-less Chaps poster would have been enough in my opinion.
Now THAT is going a bot too far...

DaveTheScott
10-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Let's clarify..."archiving" the music was due to the fact that I completely burnt myself on CVH for the last year before the show...to the disliking of my old lady, my friends, and the family pets...so this is simply temporary. When the time is right...

DaveTheScott
10-12-2015, 11:00 AM
I thought the same thing...plausible alternate theory, however, is that he was just shit-housed...

DLR Bridge
10-12-2015, 12:47 PM
(Couldn't get behind that live album...boo...hate live albums.)

And with that, the chorus to that shitty Michael Jackson song "You Are Not Alone" has started playing on a loop in my head. Thanks a lot!

Polk High
10-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Some of you people depress me. I mean I saw them in DC and they tore that place up. I think Roth wanted to prove to the world that he still has it especially after Hagar repeatedly slammed his performance on the live album. The live album was pretty bad and they probably regret it. If you notice Hagar has kept his trap shut because what could he say VH was on fire this tour

DLR Bridge
10-13-2015, 08:32 AM
If you notice Hagar has kept his trap shut because what could he say VH was on fire this tour

Well, he did just say last week that from what he had seen (clips of this present tour) the band has no chemistry. He'll always be full of huff and puff, but he'll never be able to blow their house down. He just needs to STFU already.

vandeleur
10-13-2015, 08:36 AM
huff and puff

You fella's spell "shit" funny :)

Northern Girl
10-13-2015, 07:29 PM
And with that, the chorus to that shitty Michael Jackson song "You Are Not Alone" has started playing on a loop in my head. Thanks a lot!

My pleasure! :)

I think if there was a song called "What the fuck were they thinking?" that would have been the anthem here. :headscratch:

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 01:55 AM
My pleasure! :)

I think if there was a song called "What the fuck were they thinking?" that would have been the anthem here. :headscratch:
Good to have you back between all those bitter "I call you a homo, because I fear so much to be seen as a homo"-homos...

Anonymous
10-14-2015, 05:54 AM
Good to have you back between all those bitter "I call you a homo, because I fear so much to be seen as a homo"-homos...

What a homo!

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 06:02 AM
What a homo!
I was thinking the same thing. We call each other homos because we know we're not homos. Calling a homo a homo is a waste of time.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 07:07 AM
What a homo!
I just won a bet :biggrin:

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I just won a bet :biggrin:Whoever bet you was a sucker. You were practically begging to be called a homo.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Whoever bet you was a sucker. You were practically begging to be called a homo.
By a bunch of homos...

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 01:43 PM
By a bunch of homos...
Not sure two is a bunch. A couple more homos need to call you a homo before you win that bet. It doesn't bother me if someone calls me a homo. Just don't call me a liberal. Them's fighting words here in the south.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Not sure two is a bunch. A couple more homos need to call you a homo before you win that bet. It doesn't bother me if someone calls me a homo. Just don't call me a liberal. Them's fighting words here in the south.

as I said in the other thread...you guys from the south always crack me up...american by incestuous birth...southern by God's gracefull humor...

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 02:12 PM
as I said in the other thread...you guys from the south always crack me up...american by incestuous birth...southern by God's gracefull humor...

Actually I'm southern by choice. I was born and raised in Southern California. Unfortunately I don't speak enough spanish to survive there now. My parents are both German. If any incest went on in my family it happened in your neck of the woods.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Actually I'm southern by choice. I was born and raised in Southern California. Unfortunately I don't speak enough spanish to survive there now. My parents are both German. If any incest went on in my family it happened in your neck of the woods.
Our south is pretty much the same...except for the swamp people

DONNIEP
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM

We have a Lizard Man near here. I think he qualifies as a swamp person. I don't think he actually exists but don't tell anybody.

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I live near a shitload of swamp people but the town I live in is a typical small southern town where everybody knows everybody and everyone waves or nods their heads as they pass by your house if you're standing outside.
I have a question for you if you don't mind. What did the Germans call Americans, Brits and Frenchies during WWII? We called Germans krauts. We call Brits limeys and Frenchies frogs. I guess those are supposed to be insults but I'n not sure why. Brits call us colonists when they want to piss us off. Or Yanks. I find that last term truly insulting as a southerner now. You'd have to be from here to understand why.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 03:44 PM
I live near a shitload of swamp people but the town I live in is a typical small southern town where everybody knows everybody and everyone waves or nods their heads as they pass by your house if you're standing outside.
I have a question for you if you don't mind. What did the Germans call Americans, Brits and Frenchies during WWII? We called Germans krauts. We call Brits limeys and Frenchies frogs. I guess those are supposed to be insults but I'n not sure why. Brits call us colonists when they want to piss us off. Or Yanks. I find that last term truly insulting as a southerner now. You'd have to be from here to understand why.
It's "Tommy" for the brits, "Ivan" for the Russians, "Franzmann" for the frogs and "Ami" later "Yankee" for the yanks...or you occupied southern yanks to be specific

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Oh...and btw I do the German dubbings for "Swamp people" and "Ax men"...wonder what you southern guys are so proud of?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

Anonymous
10-14-2015, 03:51 PM
It's "Tommy" for the brits, "Ivan" for the Russians, "Franzmann" for the frogs and "Ami" later "Yankee" for the yanks...or you occupied southern yanks to be specific

And "Bread" for Jews, uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Oh...and btw I do the German dubbings for "Swamp people" and "Ax men"...wonder what you southern guys are so proud of?

Everyone who lives in the south isn't a hillbilly or a swamper. Comparing most of us to them would be like comparing most of you to the Nazis. One of the things I like best about living here is everyone here doesn't feel the need to outdo everyone else. Some of the younger southerners , especially in Texas try to out Jap car the others but most of them drive pick up trucks without 24 inch rims and rubber bands for tires they use to hunt, fish or play on weekends. Texas for the most part is about the same as California as far as that goes.

DavidLeeNatra
10-14-2015, 04:13 PM
If it's not about burning crosses and having daily shootouts in high schools I'm cool with that

cadaverdog
10-14-2015, 04:37 PM
If it's not about burning crosses and having daily shootouts in high schools I'm cool with that

I've never seen any burnt crosses around here. Blacks and whites usually get along fine in the south. Unfortunately quite a few of the people who have relocated here recently are nothing but theives and crack addicts. Investors bought up most of the land and homes in another city not too far away and turned it into a upper middle class community. Most of the poor folks that lived there moved here because rent is cheaper here and the town has their own low income housing they rent to poor people for a couple hundred bucks a month. Plus it's closer to Texas where a lot more jobs are available.

DONNIEP
10-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Well, I guess I should be serious for a minute. Yeah, there aren't any crosses being burned around here either. The Klan is pretty much nonexistent these days, just don't tell Ford. Sure there's still some idiots who run around in sheets and hoods but they're no different than the morons you guys have in Germany who are neo Nazis or skinheads or whatever they're called - stupidity is kinda universal. And Dog's right - black and white people get along just fine here.

The school shooting issue is a nationwide problem - not centered here in the South. Regardless it is a problem and even one young person being shot in a school is too many.

But yeah, we speak differently, we still teach our kids manners, we like drankin beer and watchin NASCAR, we still open doors for ladies. All that kinda stuff. And we don't like the yankee occupiers amongst us! And we love guns. And fried chicken. We love us some fried chicken. And the hot chicks here are plentiful, tanned and wear short shorts 10 months out of the year.