PDA

View Full Version : searching for a Roth quote

Coconuts
10-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Hi Roth fans!

I'm searching for a quote in Crazy From The Heat. I have flipped through a few times but darned if I can find what page!

Something about his favorite sense of humour being co-conspirational where all you do is raise an eyebrow?

Can anyone tell me what chapter that's in?

Coconuts
10-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Also from chapter: business 101 - Dave says...

"I remember back in junior high a lot of us kids wore penny loafers and your parents would give you a dime to put in the little slot, in case you had to make a phone call. My parents gave me sixty five dollars in bail. It was only years later that I figured out what that was all about."

What is that all about?

DavidLeeNatra
10-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi Roth fans!

I'm searching for a quote in Crazy From The Heat. I have flipped through a few times but darned if I can find what page!

Something about his favorite sense of humour being co-conspirational where all you do is raise an eyebrow?

Can anyone tell me what chapter that's in?
That was on Stern back in 1996 right before the reunion went down the shitter...it's not in the book

Anonymous
10-30-2015, 09:20 PM
That was on Stern back in 1996 right before the reunion went down the shitter...it's not in the book

Hang on a minute, I seem to remember that bit, & I'm pretty sure I never saw or heard Dave on Howard Stern.

Unfortunately, my book is in my home town & I'll only be able to get it sometime late next month, but I'm pretty sure that was in the book.

Seshmeister
10-31-2015, 12:15 AM
Also from chapter: business 101 - Dave says...

"I remember back in junior high a lot of us kids wore penny loafers and your parents would give you a dime to put in the little slot, in case you had to make a phone call. My parents gave me sixty five dollars in bail. It was only years later that I figured out what that was all about."

What is that all about?

I would guess it's a joke that even in Junior High his parents thought he would need to carry emergency bail money in case he was arrested.

cadaverdog
10-31-2015, 12:42 AM
I would guess it's a joke that even in Junior High his parents thought he would need to carry emergency bail money in case he was arrested.

I couldn't tell if Coconuts was asking a question or that was part of the quote but $65 was a common bail amount in Cali in the 70s. I know because I used to let all my speeding tickets go to warrant. You post the $65 , the judge dismisses the ticket and you forfeit your bail for failure to appear. It was a common practice among hot rodders and street racers. Once in a while you'd run into a pissy judge who'd lock you up for a couple days but that's the chances you take when you play that game.

Coconuts
11-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Found the quote in the chapter: Huck

Thanks

Anonymous
11-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Found the quote in the chapter: Huck

Thanks

I knew it was in there, somewhere!

Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but my book is 200 km away.

ZahZoo
11-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Are you saying this request wasn't worthy of your super-powers and your ability to read a book a mere 200 km away..?

Wow!!