PDA

View Full Version : JACOB DERAPS and JOSH GALLAGHER cover "LOSS OF CONTROL"

Droomer5150
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Hey again everyone!!!

Jacob and I collaborated on my "Girl Gone Bad" drum cover a while back and we enjoyed the experience and were so happy with the cover that we are back for more! We covered "Tora! Tora!" and "Loss of Control", this time with the shredding Canadian Deraps in the video as well. I'm from Australia by the way haha, so by the magnificent magical powers of the 21st century cyber highway we give you this video! lol

What a seriously underrated gem of a song, one of my all time favourites! A song of endurance and A LOT of intricate, tricky parts too. I love the pure ferocious insanity of the song and the killer balls to the wall, boogie groove. BADASS.

Here's the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mmvkjbgj_4

...and here's "Girl Gone Bad" for anyone who missed it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1knRFxVL8

Hope you like it!

=VH=

DONNIEP
12-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I have watched both videos and am prepared to give my blessing...

The Halen is strong in these two. The Gods of Rock have heard thine music and we find it pleasing to our ears. Verily I say unto thee, go forth and make thine music. Shruggeth off the slings and arrows of those which seek to bring ye down to their level of mediocrity. Maketh whatever music is pleasing to thine ears. And always respect and honor the Van Halen which grips thine souls.

O God,
Ease our suffering in this, our time of VH Irrelevance and great despair
Yea, admit these two young men into thine arms in the flock of thine Heavenly area up there
And Moab, he laidest down in the land of the Canaanites
And yea, though the Hindus speak of Karma, I implore you
Give these young lads a break.
Baruch Ata...
Hallelujah!

Now, go forth with this blessing and sin mightily and conquer many young womarns. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Von Halen
12-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Kick ass!

How about "House Of Pain"?

DLR Bridge
12-03-2015, 06:11 AM
Very well done! Outside of being an international cyber branch of the Atomic Punks, I'm not sure what you can do with this, but it was tight as hell. The world is lacking brand new music with this kind of power, intensity and fun. I'd be interested in hearing some originals from you guys. Writing a decent hook is the true test of a musician. I'm confident you guys could pass that test.

moose
12-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Very well done indeed!!

Carloscda
12-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Yea those 2 are Beasts!!

Where's my little man Avery?!!

Jérôme Frenchise
12-04-2015, 02:41 PM
TREMENDOUS !!!

AMAZINCREDIBLY SKILLFUL !!!

At some point I thought hey! It's impossible, they must just have found the VH Bros' isolated studio takes and they're miming them... :D

How are the Smooth Intentions doing by the way? That was kickass stuff too! :metalbang:

Droomer5150
12-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Kick ass!

How about "House Of Pain"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIuyCCz55ug

It's from 5 years ago so it's a bit rusty but here's House of Pain! haha. BADASS tune

Droomer5150
12-05-2015, 08:36 PM
TREMENDOUS !!!

AMAZINCREDIBLY SKILLFUL !!!

At some point I thought hey! It's impossible, they must just have found the VH Bros' isolated studio takes and they're miming them... :D

How are the Smooth Intentions doing by the way? That was kickass stuff too! :metalbang:

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the compliments!

Smooth Intentions is in purgatory, the bass player left the band unfortunately so it's kind of dead. Finding someone else who can play that stuff and is dedicated has proved quite difficult! Which is a shame cause I feel like we were finally discovering our true sound. But new and better things will come hopefully, we just need to find the right dedicated musicians with the same mindset as us!

I uploaded the EP to my channel a month back if you want to hear the full thing!

Fairwrning
12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Give Wolfgang a call..maybe he will leave VH and call mikey..great work btw..stay away from the Hagar years and all will be good

cadaverdog
12-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Seems like there used to be a former rockstar bass player posting here but he hasn't been around in awhile. I heard he was in the big house now but that might just be a rumor.