• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Scott Weiland...dead

MEDINA, Minn. (AP) — Scott Weiland, the former frontman for the Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died. He was 48.

The singer's manager, Tom Vitorino, confirmed the death to The Associated Press early Friday morning. Vitorino said he learned of Weiland's death from his tour manager but did not provide further details.

Weiland's current band, Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts, was scheduled to play at a Medina, Minnesota, concert venue, according to the venue's website. The website showed the event was canceled.

Local authorities couldn't immediately be reached for comment by the AP.

Weiland was dogged by substance abuse problems throughout his career.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Predictable and expected..like an EVH guitar solo..

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I hate that I have to agree with that, but it did really seem like only a matter of time. The last interview I heard with him almost sounded like his tour manager was opening and closing his mouth for him to grunt "yeah" or "no".

What an unfortunate waste.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Damn. 48 years old. What a shame. His fucking guitar player passes the night before the album release, and now him. Dude made some great music.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

48 was a good innings considering...

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            48 was a good innings considering...
            Do you want to die at 48?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I think he means considering heavy, life threatening drugs were involved for at least 30 of those years, that 48 was a good run.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did. I figured he would be gone about 6 months after Vomit Retriever broke up.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

All I can say is heroin must be some good shit. I'm glad I never tried it.

Sucks that he couldn't clean up, at least lose the dugs and stick with beers (I would say cheap American beers but Ford ruined that illusion for me). Without the drugs the guy was one of the last rock stars. Or maybe because of drugs he will be remembered as one of the last rock stars.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Sucks that he couldn't clean up, at least lose the dugs and stick with beers (I would say cheap American beers but Ford ruined that illusion for me). Without the drugs the guy was one of the last rock stars. Or maybe because of drugs he will be remembered as one of the last rock stars.
                    From my post at the Links:

[quote name=&quot;JUNGLE DRUMMER&quot; post=1850577]My uncle would be 1 out of the 10 then. He was a tremendous athlete with a mid 90s fastball who, while pitching in college in the 70s, got caught up in the partying and no matter what anyone tried, never did truly escape the lifestyle that ruined his athletic career and ultimately his life.[/QUOTE]<br />
                    That's the impact of drugs on the brain. NMDA receptors get blocked by the drugs and the glutamate doesn't get through. Dopamine receptors get all out of whack as does the production of opiates (yes, our brains produce natural opiates). <br />
                    <br />
                    I highly recommend Marc Lewis' book. Really helps one to understand the neuroscience behind addiction...and in my case make me question just how much I fucked up my brain by being an acid freak during adolescence...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Angel, that is fascinating, and if true, which I fully expect it is, kind of cancels out the the whole 'the addict has to want to get help, you can't force them to do so' thing I always hear. If your brain is fried, how would you know? You need your brain to determine such a thing.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I'm just finishing the book "Memoirs of an Addicted Brain" by Carl Lewis, PHD. Neurologist who used to be a junkie. Fascinating read.

There, I fucking changed it. Happy now Sesh?
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          Me neither. I hate needles. Luckilly nobody ever offered me any that was snortable when I was really into drugs in my late teens, early twenties. I had an old friend who liked the shit. Everytime he seemed to be getting his shit together he'd fuck around with that shit and he'd end up broke and jobless again.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            “I’m incredibly honored to have that opportunity, because they’re one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time, and Jim Morrison was a huge inspiration and influence on me, probably for better and for worse.”

weiland wanted to die at 33..........
                            A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Bummer about Scott. Think he was a great songwriter. Underrated to a point. Probably because of his very public personal demons sadly. What waste. Shit how many 90's guy's are left ? Vedder and Corrnell ? I was just at that hotel a few months back. By the mall of America. I thought of going too see him but that video posted on her a few months back was just too sad. I seen him with Slash and STP. He was pretty fun too watch.
                              Last edited by 78/84 guy; 12-04-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...