PDA

View Full Version : Physically Technical

Carloscda
12-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Heard this term on the radio today when they were comparing Rush to the Stones. How Rush music was more demanding.

That is the perfect term for how the majority of VH music (the 7pk) was/is. Physically Technical Demanding

When you hear some of those tunes from back then it's easy to get caught up in how VH used to be live vs seeing them now! Dave with his acrobatics & screams, Ed running around the stage, Al beating the hell out his kit and even Mike doing his thing.

And as far as Dave is concerned it's his curse. From the criticisms over the past yrs fans forget he's not in his 30's anymore even though they want him to be.

He's a perfect example. @2:04 never heard Ed do that solo again?

BumBahDeeDah
12-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I forgot how hot that particular one was. And that was straight up live?

TJMKID
12-31-2015, 04:14 PM
I've always been amazed at the physical demands of a VH show '78-'84. I was in pretty good shape during my college years -- lifted weights 3 days/week and could run a mile in decent time and probably had less than 6% body fat. However, I would put on the '83 US Festival and try to mimic Dave's moves and split jumps for a couple songs and I was completely exhausted. I don't know how the dude could sing after that kind of acrobatic and aerobic torture session night after night, while also knowing he chugged half a bottle of Jack and snorted a few lines of nose candy before every show.

Doesn't seem within the realm of human capabilities.

Heard this term on the radio today when they were comparing Rush to the Stones. How Rush music was more demanding.

That is the perfect term for how the majority of VH music (the 7pk) was/is. Physically Technical Demanding

When you hear some of those tunes from back then it's easy to get caught up in how VH used to be live vs seeing them now! Dave with his acrobatics & screams, Ed running around the stage, Al beating the hell out his kit and even Mike doing his thing.

And as far as Dave is concerned it's his curse. From the criticisms over the past yrs fans forget he's not in his 30's anymore even though they want him to be.

Carloscda
12-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Yea during Bottoms Up at that show Dave was all over the place and that last jump was epic!
Matter of fact...

ZahZoo
01-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Most of us could do a lot of amazing physically technical crap 30 years ago...

Be damn thankful you can still type or talk about it today!!