PDA

View Full Version : DLR to Co-Host Guitar Centers '27th Annual Drum-Off w Greg Bissonette & Ringo Starr

Grit
01-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Five talented drummers from across the country have been chosen from over 5,000 drummers entered in more than 1,000 local competitions nationwide to compete as finalists in Guitar Center's 27th annual Drum-Off: the world's premier drum competition. A proven platform for success, celebrated and embraced by the drumming community, past winners have gone on to play for the likes of Prince, Beyonce, Jay Z, THE MARS VOLTA and more. At stake is a prize package including cash, gear, endorsement deals and more.

Set to take place January 16 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, the night will be hosted by Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr, David Lee Roth) featuring exclusive musical performances by a host of renowned drummers (listed below) and a special ceremony inducting Vic Firth and Jim Keltner into Guitar Center's RockWalk. All five finalists will perform live to compete for the winning title in front of a panel of celebrity judges and an audience full of fans and industry professionals on one of drumming's most celebrated nights.

Artist performances:

* Taylor Hawkins (FOO FIGHTERS)
* Mike Mangini (DREAM THEATER)
* Robert Sput Searight (SNARKY PUPPY, GHOST-NOTE)
* Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown)
* Gil Sharone (MARILYN MANSON, TEAM SLEEP)

Guitar Center's Drum-Off finalists:

* Hilario Bell (Miami, FL)
* Jonathan Burks (North Little Rock, AR)
* Luis Burgos Jr. (Brooklyn, NY)
* Brandon Zackey (Murrieta, CA)
* Tony Taylor (Matteson, IL)

Advance tickets are available for $25 and can be purchased here.

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/drumoff2016poster.jpg
drumoff2016poster

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theaters-mike-mangini-foo-fighters-taylor-hawkins-to-perform-at-27th-annual-drum-off-finals/#CdxDMwmpj5VpDxkD.99

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Looks Like Dave is staying somewhat active.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2016, 01:04 PM
where does it say dave is gonna be there?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2016, 01:07 PM
:gossip: i don't think ringo will be there either ;)

Grit
01-06-2016, 04:06 PM
"Set to take place January 16 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, the night will be hosted by Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr, David Lee Roth)"

First sentence of second paragraph. :nuts:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2016, 04:08 PM
gregg drummed for the guys in parenthesis...

twonabomber
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
gregg drummed for the guys in parenthesis...

Exactly.

DLR Bridge
01-06-2016, 06:02 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/06/f7078d9ee8097b6c006cd3b6fc920c1f.jpg

Von Halen
01-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Ha ha ha!

Come on grit!

Ray Luzier did this last year, or the year before.

Terry
01-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Not for nothing, but why exactly is Ringo Starr hosting a 'drum-off'?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was a Beatle. And SUCH a capable drummer. He could play in 2/4 AND 4/4. :drum:

Anonymous
01-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Not for nothing, but why exactly is Ringo Starr hosting a 'drum-off'?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was a Beatle. And SUCH a capable drummer. He could play in 2/4 AND 4/4. :drum:

Ah, you know how it is.

Less-than-average musicians are lucky enough to land a gig in a band that will go on to become super-influential & all of a sudden, they're Music Gods.

Fortunately, there was never anyone like that in Van Halen. :)

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2016, 01:57 AM
Somebody is running for the title: "most stupid thread of 2016"...

...and has a fair chance of winning...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

WARF
01-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I looking forward to seeing the performance by listed below.

Listed Below is a very underrated drummer....

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Breaking news!! Just added to the bill, after 33 years of no work, the greatest band of all time will take the stage once again...Manakin!!

http://youtu.be/bu2SkBK1mR4

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 11:39 AM
marylin manson and matteson, il are gonna be there too

Seshmeister
01-07-2016, 12:22 PM
The problem now of course, is that if we change the title of the thread the rest of it doesn't make sense and if we don't it's wrong.

Grit you have broken the internet! :)

DLR Bridge
01-07-2016, 12:33 PM
I say leave it as is. Any day now, the real DLR will pop in to find out what he's up to next and show up at the Drum-off.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
i say leave it also. kristy could rant for weeks about it, or ilickthesweatythings for that matter. if you did have to change it, it could say "grit seemed to think that DLR..."

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 02:05 PM
I say leave it as is. Any day now, the real DLR will pop in to find out what he's up to next and show up at the Drum-off.

Well, you have to remember who we're talking about, here - Dave "Luchador" Roth.

Stranger things HAVE happened. Many, many times.

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 02:07 PM
i say leave it also. kristy could rant for weeks about it, or ilickthesweatythings for that matter. if you did have to change it, it could say "grit seemed to think that DLR..."

Why would I or my Kristy rant about this kind of thing?

In the past, this guy would be stalked from thread to thread, harassed & ridiculed until he left the site, but those people aren't here any more. :)

twonabomber
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Sure you are. :D

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Sure you are. :D

I'm fully aware you're joking, but now you're going to have to prove your claim.

Find ONE instance where I stalked a poster other than Katydid. If you can't find it, you will apologise for defamation of character by posting a video of you dancing "Up All Night to Get Lucky" while surrounded by latinos.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Why would I or my Kristy rant about this kind of thing?

In the past, this guy would be stalked from thread to thread, harassed & ridiculed until he left the site, but those people aren't here any more. :)

c'mon now, focus. you tout could potentially become temporarily unhingeder over cencorship

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 02:57 PM
c'mon now, focus. you tout could potentially become temporarily unhingeder over cencorship

Jesus Christ, you're getting as bad as Sesh :biggrin:

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 02:58 PM

What did he post?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 03:09 PM

(in the screeching voice of the mother over the phone in christmas story when ralphie threw his friend under the bus for swearing) WHHHHAAAATTTTTT?!!!!!!!?

twonabomber
01-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm fully aware you're joking, but now you're going to have to prove your claim.

Find ONE instance where I stalked a poster other than Katydid. If you can't find it, you will apologise for defamation of character by posting a video of you dancing "Up All Night to Get Lucky" while surrounded by latinos.

You hit me with the Mexican thing yesterday. And just there, too!

You're welcome.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/bigflip.gif

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Ah, come on! Staff doesn't count.

Grit
01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Ha ha ha!

Come on grit!

Ray Luzier did this last year, or the year before.

Hence the crazy Icon!! LOL!

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Hence the crazy Icon!! LOL!

Grit - get an avatar or Rip Von Winkel will give you a Sammy one!! :biggrin:

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 05:22 PM
What did he post?

Scroll up and look at what I quoted. I swear I think Sesh logged in under his account.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 05:32 PM
the censorship whiny pants comment...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Grit - get an avatar or Rip Von Winkel will give you a Sammy one!! :biggrin:

or a ringo starr one

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Scroll up and look at what I quoted. I swear I think Sesh logged in under his account.

I looked, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. That's why I asked.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 06:40 PM

didn't you chase lounge around and call him "it" a lot?

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:04 PM

Didn't it chase people around abusing them with ll his posse a lot?

Now it's YOUR turn to answer. Why is it ok for IT to do it? Why did everyone just applaud IT for harassing posters all the fucking time, non-stop around the fucking clock?

What the FUCK is you fucks fascination with that fucking thing? Do you fucks feel some perverse sexual satisfaction from being patted in the head while you blow an abusive mediocre authority figure? Do all of you fucks have daddy issues or some fucking shit?

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 07:07 PM

You've done it now...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Didn't it chase people around abusing them with ll his posse a lot?

Now it's YOUR turn to answer. Why is it ok for IT to do it? Why did everyone just applaud IT for harassing posters all the fucking time, non-stop around the fucking clock?

What the FUCK is you fucks fascination with that fucking thing? Do you fucks feel some perverse sexual satisfaction from being patted in the head while you blow an abusive mediocre authority figure? Do all of you fucks have daddy issues or some fucking shit?

da fuck are you talkin' about? i asked you a yes or no question, start there. and please respond to my other question too

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:09 PM
You've done it now...

it's rainy out...

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:21 PM
da fuck are you talkin' about? i asked you a yes or no question, start there. and please respond to my other question too

I'm talking about double fucking standards that everyone seems to have, everywhere. If we do it, we're heroes, if anyone else does it, they're villains.

Every single fucking time that thing started picking on someone, I picked on IT. And I hated every single fucking moment of it. I even told IT that all IT had to do to get rid of me was to start posting normally, without picking on anyone. IT refused to do it. IT couldn't do it, because IT never posted here for any reason other than to verbally abuse others, just so IT could feel better about ITSELF.

Why don't you ask IT why IT never stopped picking on others, if that concerns you so much?

I did it & I'd do it again.

Let em tell you something - I worked at a place where everyone's lives were being made miserable buy some fucking low ranked boss whore that was fucking some big wigs up top. Everyone was too fucking sacred to stand up to that slut, but one day she picked on ME. She was fucking fired after the shitstorm.

I hated it. I fucking hate it every time I have to fuck up someone. But I'm tired of fucking cowards & asslickers allowing the status quo of abusive people getting away with whatever the fuck they want.

I'm not trying to change the world, or make it a better place, or anything. If people allows others to step on them, it's their problem. But no one steps on me, not even by mistake. That opens dangerous precedents.

Cheers! :beers:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:25 PM
yes or no?

you can do it....

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:27 PM
yes or no?

you can do it....

Maybe if you read the whole thing, you'd know the answer.

I already replied to that question.

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:30 PM
You've done it now...

I hold grudges.

I don't know if I told you this yet, but there's a guy I don't speak to since I was 5 years old.

People are NOW *starting* to understand why. The fucker's gotten worse with age. They usually do.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Maybe if you read the whole thing, you'd know the answer.

I already replied to that question.

i know that you touched on it, but you are bein' kinda FORDian about this. simple question, simple answer...

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:37 PM
i know that you touched on it, but you are bein' kinda FORDian about this. simple question, simple answer...

I didn't touch on it, I said it quite bluntly & plainly.

It's there & it's unambiguous. Why are you dragging FROD into this, poor devil. It's not like he hasn't enough issues already.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:39 PM
ok fine, you did what you asked to be proved. now, answer the other one. please.

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:40 PM
What's the other one?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2016, 07:48 PM
What's the other one?

how did you change your username?

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
how did you change your username?

What's your security level?

I cannot give out that information openly.

Ah, fuck it. Who cares?

Look, this has all been a big joke. The fighting, the drama... the truth is, Warf DID build this site & he has administrative privileges on the back room of the board.

He wanted to shake up the site, get rid of a few unwanted individuals, but you know how Warf is... everything's gotta be BIG & OUTRAGEOUS!

So me & the rest of Team Butt Hurt were given the keys & we put on a show for everyone's benefit.

As a result, we can do pretty much whatever we want, all we have to do is access the board's control panel & change usernames, ban people, desupermod them for overstepping their boundaries, etc.

That answer your question?

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I hold grudges.

I don't know if I told you this yet, but there's a guy I don't speak to since I was 5 years old.

People are NOW *starting* to understand why. The fucker's gotten worse with age. They usually do.

Me too. People say "you're wasting so much energy hating that person". Bullshit. It keeps my little black heart happy. Some people are simply cunts who deserve what they get.

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Me too. People say "you're wasting so much energy hating that person". Bullshit. It keeps my little black heart happy. Some people are simply cunts who deserve what they get.

Well, those people are idiots.

It's not like I sit in a dark room seething about the people I hate.

I go for years without thinking about them even once. But if I see them or they're mentioned, the hate comes flooding back for just a bit, but I let out a good outburst of vitriolic verbal violence & it all goes back to normal once again.

It's good for the soul to squeeze out the bile, every now & then. People who push it all down & keep a happy face all the time eventually become terminally ill. They waste a shitload more energy trying to think happy thoughts than I do holding grudges, that's for sure.

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Grudges are good. Although I have been known to relinquish a grudge. Once.

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Grudges are good. Although I have been known to relinquish a grudge. Once.

Pfft. Quitter. Weakling.

And now you've gotta tell.

See what you get?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-08-2016, 11:15 AM
What's your security level?

I cannot give out that information openly.

Ah, fuck it. Who cares?

Look, this has all been a big joke. The fighting, the drama... the truth is, Warf DID build this site & he has administrative privileges on the back room of the board.

He wanted to shake up the site, get rid of a few unwanted individuals, but you know how Warf is... everything's gotta be BIG & OUTRAGEOUS!

So me & the rest of Team Butt Hurt were given the keys & we put on a show for everyone's benefit.

As a result, we can do pretty much whatever we want, all we have to do is access the board's control panel & change usernames, ban people, desupermod them for overstepping their boundaries, etc.

That answer your question?

nope.

vandeleur
01-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Seemingly sesh was being investigated under the trade discription act, people had to prove their names were accurate and imapussylicker ........ Wasn't happening.
True story :D

PETE'S BROTHER
01-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Seemingly sesh was being investigated under the trade discription act, people had to prove their names were accurate and imapussylicker ........ Wasn't happening.

ok, thanks for clearin' that up. let's go to talk real football...

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 12:27 PM

Ooooh! Why, you miserable... oooohhh! You rotten, no good...

I'm gonna get you for this Vandy, if it's the last thing I do!

PETE'S BROTHER
01-08-2016, 12:29 PM
grudge fuck!

Grit
01-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Well I guess I started a hell of a post. Stupid is as stupid does! I admit it.:doh:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-08-2016, 01:35 PM
best thread of the year, in my opinion :yo:

DavidLeeNatra
01-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Well I guess I started a hell of a post. Stupid is as stupid does! I admit it.:doh:
Fair chance of a long run. Could be the most frequented thread this year...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

PETE'S BROTHER
01-08-2016, 05:33 PM
should add "and dave is giving away millions on valentines day"

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Ah, it's not that bad, as threads go these days. And not just here.

Don't worry, a few more days & somebody will post something a lot dumber. Hell, I might do it!

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:18 PM
should add "and dave is giving away millions on valentines day"

He's buying presents to all the girls he dated in 1973.

Grit
01-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Ah, it's not that bad, as threads go these days. And not just here.

Don't worry, a few more days & somebody will post something a lot dumber. Hell, I might do it!

Thanks, things could be worse. If you can't laugh at yourself once in a while, you have bigger issues! Just hope it isn't me that "posts something a lot dumber"!!! :umm:

DLR7884
01-14-2016, 09:42 PM
"Set to take place January 16 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, the night will be hosted by Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr, David Lee Roth)"

First sentence of second paragraph. :nuts:

Dumbshit.

DLR7884
Is English a second language for you?