X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Best Rock Drummer

When you hear that people always mention John Bonham, Neil Pert etc. Some even mention Stewart Copland.
    But underrated drummers like Alex barley?!

Recently started checking deeper into Terry Bozzio from Missing Persons and WOW! I think he would blow Neil & Bonham out the water!

Thoughts?

• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I hear slave SESH is a drummer:

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Carloscda

Recently started checking deeper into Terry Bozzio from Missing Persons and WOW! I think he would blow Neil & Bonham out the water!

Thoughts?
      I think you need a hearing aid.
      Last edited by cadaverdog; 04-06-2016, 08:49 PM.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Carloscda
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I think you need a hearing aid.
        Really?! I think you need one!! Open your mind and stop being a fanboy!!

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Think I'm with c dog on this one. Terry Bozzio was good, but he's not remotely the best.

He and Jeff Beck deserve a lot of credit for making Jagger's solo album "Primitive Cool" listenable, because it otherwise wasn't Mick's best work.

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Hard to beat Bozzio fer sure:

He had some great years as Zappa's drummer as well:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Carloscda
              Really?! I think you need one!! Open your mind and stop being a fanboy!!
              fanboy
              A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.
              Not that Bozzio is a bad drummer. I just don't care for the material I've heard from him. Bonham, Moon and Peart are at the top of the pecking order IMO.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Keith moon great drummer in an amazing band but zero floor work , Stephen Hawkins does more floor work than moony
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Keith moon great drummer in an amazing band but zero floor work , Stephen Hawkins does more floor work than moony
                  Yup!

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Rumored to be the real reason the Stones pulled the "Rock n Roll Circus" from it's planned airdate in the 1968 holiday season, and wouldn't release it for another 29 years.

They hated being upstaged by The Who at their own show.

By the way.... anybody who puts a video on YouTube that was recorded from some other electronic device via cellphone or webcam.... really needs to be disemboweled with a dull rusty pitchfork.

The only thing that sucks worse than RIAA fascists censoring YouTube, is unwatchable content meant to get around the fascists.
                    Last edited by Satan; 04-07-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Carloscda
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      fanboy
                      A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.
                      Not that Bozzio is a bad drummer. I just don't care for the material I've heard from him. Bonham, Moon and Peart are at the top of the pecking order IMO.
                      Aww what's the matter I hurt your feelings, can't take criticism?! I think you've been here long enough to know how this place gets down!

And dude you contradict yourself with your statement but whatever.

I'm a Neil fan like alot of people but my favorite drummer of course is big Al along with Stewart Copland. But as I stated over the years I've been checking out other drummers and their are some beasts out there like Mike Portnoy, Charlie Benante etc

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Mike portnoy on his hello kitty kit rocks
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                          Rumored to be the real reason the Stones pulled the "Rock n Roll Circus" from it's planned airdate in the 1968 holiday season, and wouldn't release it for another 29 years.

They hated being upstaged by The Who at their own show.

By the way.... anybody who puts a video on YouTube that was recorded from some other electronic device via cellphone or webcam.... really needs to be disemboweled with a dull rusty pitchfork.

The only thing that sucks worse than RIAA fascists censoring YouTube, is unwatchable content meant to get around the fascists.
                          You can get the lossless audio at a certain bay run by pirates...

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Dead and aging rock stars.

Boring.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              You can get the lossless audio at a certain bay run by pirates...
                              I've got the CD and the DVD of the whole show here in Hell.....once they finally got around to releasing it in 1997

Comment

Working...