PDA

View Full Version : Jury weep at Liam Fee

jacksmar
05-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Prosecutors in Scotland Say Lesbian Couple Murdered Two-Year-Old Boy

In a trial making headlines all over Britain, a lesbian couple are charged with murdering a 2-year-old boy that one of the women had from a previous relationship with a man, and then trying to blame the toddler’s death on another boy the couple allegedly had abused. The so-called “Liam Fee” case involves the March 2014 death of Rachel Trelfa’s son. The boy’s father had been living with Trelfa more than five years when their son was born. A few months later, however, Trelfa moved in with Nyomi Fee, with whom she later registered for a civil union:

Liam was born in the north of England in August 2011 but Trelfa left him for Fee, who lived locally, that December.
Mr Johnson said the split was completely unexpected and left him feeling “devastated”.
He said he subsequently made a failed attempt to get back together with Trelfa.
“She’d fallen out with Nyomi and wanted to get back together with me,” he said.
“I had my reservations about it but it was what I wanted at the time.
“I wanted my family back together.
“She started saying she was getting treated quite badly by Nyomi and wanted to get back to me, things like having her bank cards taken away from her and not being allowed out of the house.
“Things like that she told us everything we’d always thought, that she (Nyomi) was a controlling person who had manipulated her into going away.”
Within 48 hours of the reconciliation Trelfa again left him for Fee, taking Liam with her.

The kind of controlling, manipulative behavior described is typical of domestic abusers. Fee and Trelfa “are also charged with a catalogue of assault, cruelty and neglect charges involving three boys in their care, including the dead toddler.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/liam-fee-murder-trial-police-7965800#tOlp9tDW8vpwCVPU.97

jacksmar
05-14-2016, 03:13 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36214926

Liam Fee murder trial: Jury weep as they watch police video

Members of the jury in the Liam Fee murder trial wept as they were shown a police video of the toddler's body hours after he was found dead.

Rachel Fee, 31, and her partner Nyomi Fee, 28, are accused of murdering the two-year-old in March 2014 at a house near Glenrothes, Fife, and ill-treating two other boys.

The two women deny all the charges against them.

Jurors immediately asked for a break after watching the 12-minute film.

The video was shown to the jury at the High Court in Livingston.

It showed Liam lying on the floor of his bedroom in his pyjamas, covered in a duvet. The video was taken by detectives in the early hours of 23 March 2014.