Rhythm Tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YankeeRose

Rhythm Tracks

I'm lookin' for some rhythm tracks that I can put on CD for a friend who is a guitarist in training....Any of y'all know where I can find some for download?
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

As in rock songs or exercises there baby doll? ...

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• YankeeRose

as in rock songs he can play along with...

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Wella, then I guess it depends on what he's into ... so do you want tablature to these songs or just the songs themselves? I'm confused ...

Look under "guitar tab" in your search ... usually that will bring up pages for you to choose what band name and each song ...
        Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• YankeeRose

I know how to find MP3's and tabs and chords and such...remember The Ol' Man is a musician. I'm looking for rhythm tracks that I can download and listen to like a song...so Bubba can play along with them, but rewind etc at will.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

amazon.com as well as many music stores have those books that come with a cd and tab that have the main guitar removed from them. look at amazon.com under wolf marshall for those types of books.

Comment

• YankeeRose

I'll try that, but I'd still like to be able to download and burn them like songs.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                amazon.com as well as many music stores have those books that come with a cd and tab that have the main guitar removed from them. look at amazon.com under wolf marshall for those types of books.
                Those kind of books will set you back about $40.

I`m not sure if you can download them.

Most guitar magazines now carry a free CD with lessons and backing tracks on them.

They`re usually a mixed bag but you occasionaly get a real good one.
                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I know this is a little from left field, but have you considered a vocal canceller ? A lot of the Karaoke dudes used to use them. It only works if the vocals were recorded in stereo, the device cancels the two channels of vocals against themself, theoretically leaving just the music behind. Havent tried one myself, but I have seen software somewhere that is meant to do this. (Or was I just trippin ?) If such a device worked, you could select your own backing tracks..

(Or tell him to do what we all do, just play along with the originals. )

ACTUALLY ! A great program that he can download is "Amazing Slow Downer" at http://www.ronimusic.com/

This allows you to slow down CD's to any speed without changing the pitch. A great learning aid... I think the trial version has some restrictions but its not that expensive to register. (I think it allows you to play the first two tracks off a CD) You could always just burn the two songs you want to learn to CD/RW (If you wanted to be cheap on the registration)
                  Last edited by Panamark; 02-02-2004, 06:14 AM.
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Actually you could look at cheap Karaoke CD's too..
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Panamark

ACTUALLY ! A great program that he can download is "Amazing Slow Downer" at http://www.ronimusic.com/

This allows you to slow down CD's to any speed without changing the pitch. A great learning aid... I think the trial version has some restrictions but its not that expensive to register. (I think it allows you to play the first two tracks off a CD) You could always just burn the two songs you want to learn to CD/RW (If you wanted to be cheap on the registration)
                      Originally posted by Panamark
                      I know this is a little from left field, but have you considered a vocal canceller ? A lot of the Karaoke dudes used to use them. It only works if the vocals were recorded in stereo, the device cancels the two channels of vocals against themself, theoretically leaving just the music behind. Havent tried one myself, but I have seen software somewhere that is meant to do this. (Or was I just trippin ?) If such a device worked, you could select your own backing tracks..

This allows you to slow down CD's to any speed without changing the pitch.
                      Windows media player 9 has that function...

All I know to do is play along with the originals too...

Start with 'Iron Man' or something simple...

My first song was 'Train Kept a Rollin''.. I played it everyday forever...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Why did that come out like that ??

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Hey Cool about Windows media player 9. That means you can get it all for free. Does it allow looping of sections and slowing down without pitch change ??
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Yes...

Comment

• siN

Complete VH backing tracks (without the lead-guitar) can be found at http://www.vhfans.com

:cheers:

Comment

Working...