PDA

View Full Version : DLR Producing??

hang_em_high
07-05-2004, 08:23 PM
What do you think of Dave as being a producer in the future?He has some of the greatest ideas and arrangements in rock history.Don't you think he could bring some great insight to bands these days?

5150Clown
07-06-2004, 11:01 AM
I think Dave would be a great producer, but he would have to find the right protoge band that would be willing to submit to Dave's every wish. He's too bosy and to much of a control freak. So I've heard.

AJW
07-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by hang_em_high
What do you think of Dave as being a producer in the future?He has some of the greatest ideas and arrangements in rock history.Don't you think he could bring some great insight to bands these days?

I think Dave would be a great producer. He basically directed the whole Hot For Teacher video. I like your avatar by the way. Let's just hope Chad is injury free this season.

Seshmeister
07-18-2004, 08:37 PM
He's a brilliant arranger but he overproduced Skyscraper.

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 08:45 PM
From the stories I've heard from his current bandmembers, I think he'd be a great producer. :)

rockvanhalen66
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
he would be a good producer............

Seshmeister
07-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
From the stories I've heard from his current bandmembers, I think he'd be a great producer. :)

Well that's true up to a point but I wish he would give them a bit more freedom.

Have you heard the Hideous Sun Demons CD?

Cheers!

:gulp:

Mezro
07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
After Skyscraper I never want Dave to produce again.

Mezro...that CD was slicker and tighter than a mail order bride...

Seshmeister
07-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Sorry Mezro I don't understand your post.

Do you think that it was well produced or not?

The engineering was spectacular but was it well produced?

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Have you heard the Hideous Sun Demons CD?

Yep, I think it's great :) Do you like it?

Mezro
07-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Sorry Mezro I don't understand your post.

Do you think that it was well produced or not?

The engineering was spectacular but was it well produced?

I do not like the production on that CD at all and try not to listen to it if at all possible.

It was also mixed a little too slick for my tastes.

Mezro...great songs though...

Big Train
07-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I think his strengths would be more art director, video director etc...Dave is a great musician, but his mastery of visual mediums is second to none.

I do agree about the type of bands. I don't think Dave does angst particularly well, nor would I want him to be good at it.

Starwood
07-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Starwood doesn't care for anything Dave has produced in the past.
Dave belongs behind the mic - not the mixing board.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hang_em_high

Sounds great, where do I sign?