PDA

View Full Version : Call to arms for the Army...

Big Train
07-06-2004, 04:22 AM
An open letter to the army,

I do not post as often as I should, but felt it was important to weigh in on my thoughts post Pops performance. I hope you all realize that what we have here now before us is incredible momentum for Dave. We need to capitialize on this, help the general as much as possible. Let's forget the Van Hagar people for awhile, they are what they are and always will be, let's focus our efforts on the mainstream. Since the early 90's, Dave has been in musician purgatory. He now has a chance to get out under his own power and the Pops event made a LOT of believers of out people who thought he was washed up. He reminded a lot of those people of who he is and what he is capable of, not to mention a lot of younger kids who are just now knowing him.

Let's capitalize on this and help him in the small ways to make it better. As I did recently with the Boston Herald, let's call bullshit on a lot of shadow warriors in the press with their backhanded compliments and pithy comments which have nothing to do with journalism. Call up the stations and demand Classic VH and more importantly, solo Dave (which will be a harder feat). By doing these small things (especially with the press) we can help swing popular opinion for the mindless masses who may be on the fence about him. Stupid bullshit comments about his age, hair and career status compared to VH need to be checked whenever they occur.

I say let's hope for the best (VH reunion) but prepare for the worst (status quo). Let's say Dave and Eddie don't get it together, why can't DAVID LEE ROTH be a huge A-list star in his own right again? This isn't hoping for past glory, this is for recognizing him for where he is now and his place in pop culture. Just for letting him do his thing without the bagagge.

Declartion "We Hold these truths to be self-evident" : Dave still kicks balls (a step above the average ASS kicking) and still has a lot to offer the world in terms of new projects.

"Ask not what David Lee Roth can do for you, ask what YOU can do for David Lee Roth"....March on...

Panamark
07-06-2004, 04:30 AM
If Van Halen ignore Dave after this, Fuck em, I hope Dave goes onto better things. But the heart is still there, at least from Dave...

bru87tr
07-06-2004, 09:16 AM
its out of our control.

Dave should take his ideas to the people with power. he has lots of friends and could make his career take off again. trouble is I think he does not want to tarnish the VH name and respects it to much. I believe he is still waiting for Ed to come to an agreement and he can go out with the legacy he started with.

I think Dave wants to make VH big again. Daves heart has always been with VH even after all the BS. hes about the business and music and doesnt care about the VH BS.

hes waiting and Daves head is full of ideas. its to bad he will goto the grave waiting cause unless ed gets alzhiemers it aint gonna happen.

usermike2098
07-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Yea, the only way thats gonna happen is if everyone starts buying multiple DLR records, Van Halen records before 1983 and if the #1 stolen item out of record stores becomes the first disc of the new Van Halen Greatest Hits. Then some people will start to clue in on Dave

lms
07-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by bru87tr
its out of our control.

Dave should take his ideas to the people with power. he has lots of friends and could make his career take off again. trouble is I think he does not want to tarnish the VH name and respects it to much. I believe he is still waiting for Ed to come to an agreement and he can go out with the legacy he started with.

I think Dave wants to make VH big again. Daves heart has always been with VH even after all the BS. hes about the business and music and doesnt care about the VH BS.

hes waiting and Daves head is full of ideas. its to bad he will goto the grave waiting cause unless ed gets alzhiemers it aint gonna happen.

Its out of our control. This is true. Has never been in our control.

Dave respects Dave. He is not not acting out of fear of tarnishing the VH name. Dave's heart has always been with Dave. VH was a vehicle to fame and fortune, but Dave is Dave's primary concern. Always has been, always will be. I agree that Dave does have a certain amount of respect for Ed, and vice versa. I also believe that Dave and Ed need to come to an agreement, and to make things right between them, but I believe this for personal reasons that have nothing to do with VH, and coming to an agreement does not ensure the return of VH.

If Dave's head is full of ideas, he needs to set them in motion and quit wasting time on VH; and his fans need to realize that they cannot blame Dave's inactivity on VH. DAve made VH famous, and VH made Dave famous, and though they owe each other that. Thats where it ends no credit or no blame exists beyond 1984.

Hollywood Jesus
07-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Dave appears to be in the process of reinventing himself... actually quite similar to where he was going 12 years ago.

That's why he wears the same outfit all the time. It's branding, boys & girls.

Dave's not competing with the 20-something party chargers. He's now the cool uncle who'll go buy beer for you and your friends. He's moved into the "that's amazing for his age" group.

He does cameos, charity concerts, TV specials... Hell, he'd be on Match Game 2005 if someone could get it produced. He's a "where will he be next" media superstar. Methinks rock is there, but it may be secondary.

And, yeah, anything we can do to help him out would be cool. Amazed at how every business responds to e-mail and phone calls: "Everybody hates that new product." OK, Jimmy, you got two calls this morning and that's it.

Keep it up, dave. Was great to see you on the boob tube.

Fabulous Shadow
07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
I dont really know if I want to see Dave back in VH. Hell I have plans to see Van Hagar a few times and I'm wondering of I even want to see it. From the sounds of things Ed is in pretty bad shape and I'm not sure I really want to see him like that. I mean it aint no circus act. Woukd ya really want to see a DLR/VH reuinon with Ed in the state he's in? Seriously?

scottydabodi
07-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Methinks the ONLY way Ed can get it back is to have Dave come in and take over the reigns of the band. Hagar doesn't have a clue what to do, and that's NO INCENTIVE for Ed to step up and put out a KILLIN' guitar performance, let alone even remember how the tunes go!!!! Ed's finished until Dave kicks his ass again, and for their sake, I hope it's soon! They're not SPRING CHICKENS y'know!! Look out for Titties!!

Big Train
07-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Not saying anything is in our out of OUR control. Just think we should apply ourselves where possible to make it an easier road on him whatever he chooses to do.

lms
07-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Make an easier road for Dave? Give me a break. That guy has it made. LOL.

Panamark
07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Face it, if Dave never releases another new song in his life, he
has a massive catalog of hits to draw on, both from Van Halen
and Solo days. The guy has money, the guy had money before
he had money ! LMAO :) Sure, its heading towards the last chapters,
but he is going to enjoy the hell out of them...

Lets hear some more of that Rock and Roll Music,
Any old way Dave choose it...

Watching Dave perform Jump at that 4th of July gig, with true
happiness, killed a lot of hate I had inside... My hate has
turned to pity... And its not Dave I pity...

Towelie™
07-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
An open letter to the army,

I do not post as often as I should, but felt it was important to weigh in on my thoughts post Pops performance. I hope you all realize that what we have here now before us is incredible momentum for Dave. We need to capitialize on this, help the general as much as possible. Let's forget the Van Hagar people for awhile, they are what they are and always will be, let's focus our efforts on the mainstream. Since the early 90's, Dave has been in musician purgatory. He now has a chance to get out under his own power and the Pops event made a LOT of believers of out people who thought he was washed up. He reminded a lot of those people of who he is and what he is capable of, not to mention a lot of younger kids who are just now knowing him.

Let's capitalize on this and help him in the small ways to make it better. As I did recently with the Boston Herald, let's call bullshit on a lot of shadow warriors in the press with their backhanded compliments and pithy comments which have nothing to do with journalism. Call up the stations and demand Classic VH and more importantly, solo Dave (which will be a harder feat). By doing these small things (especially with the press) we can help swing popular opinion for the mindless masses who may be on the fence about him. Stupid bullshit comments about his age, hair and career status compared to VH need to be checked whenever they occur.

I say let's hope for the best (VH reunion) but prepare for the worst (status quo). Let's say Dave and Eddie don't get it together, why can't DAVID LEE ROTH be a huge A-list star in his own right again? This isn't hoping for past glory, this is for recognizing him for where he is now and his place in pop culture. Just for letting him do his thing without the bagagge.

Declartion "We Hold these truths to be self-evident" : Dave still kicks balls (a step above the average ASS kicking) and still has a lot to offer the world in terms of new projects.

"Ask not what David Lee Roth can do for you, ask what YOU can do for David Lee Roth"....March on...

I'd remember but first I need to get High :(

Big Train
07-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Easier for new projects, I certainly ain't saying the guy needs money. If you just want to keep him in the 78-84 pigeonhole, I suppose you have that right. I would just like to see new things coming from, new colloborations. Apparently, the man's own army doesn't think we can do anything for him. So what is the point of being IN the army? That would make us no better than the "Sheep".

lms
07-07-2004, 11:16 AM
My reason for being in the army is to share companionship with people who are similar to me. People who remember the good old days fro what they used to be; who want to meet periodically and share a little of the attitude that prevailed back when VH were kings. I support Dave in whatever he chooses to do. I pray for Eddie and the rest of VH and hope that one day he/they again choose to do something. But damn, Big Train, make it easy for him? I am not a god. I have no connections. He wouldn't listen if I tried to give him advice, and probably wouldn't write back if I tried start a written comminication with him. If I tried to be supportive in a close physical or person way.. I would probably get arrested.

So by new projects, do you mean with Old VH? If that happened, you can believe everyone on this site would buy whatever resulted from that reunion. (Even the sheep). Or do you mean new solo stuff? Maybe he doesn't have time...what with learning to be an EMT and all.

That fact that this site kicks ass like it does shows how much we support Dave, in everything he does. :)

Big Train
07-07-2004, 11:27 AM
You know what. Fucking scratch everything I said. Nobody agrees with me and that is cool, I'm talking to myself.

IMs did you read what I wrote? Make it easy for him as he is dealt with by the press, by challenging some of their bullshit remarks. YOU CAN DO THAT. An email to them takes just as much time as this post.

I personally would like to see Dave more high profile, presenting whatever he wants. VH, so be it. Solo, so be it. I respect the man, in all incarnations, so whatever he chooses to present to the world is cool with me. I'll judge it as they come.

Do I feel bad, or even think he needs my pity, personally or professionally? No. However, I am personally offended by how the media have chosen to treat him with very little respect.

I love Classic VH and those days. I just don't want to live there ALL the time, I want to live and have Dave in the now.

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 11:31 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7342

bru87tr
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
the worst thought I can never come to grips with is how Van Halen missed the boat in 1996!

they were on the last leg of youth. it would have been great and huge. now man are these guys getting old and it shows. its funny how everyone made fun of daves looks and now he is the one looking the best out of all of them. damn even Alex is going blad really bad!

AJW
07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I dont really know if I want to see Dave back in VH. Hell I have plans to see Van Hagar a few times and I'm wondering of I even want to see it. From the sounds of things Ed is in pretty bad shape and I'm not sure I really want to see him like that. I mean it aint no circus act. Woukd ya really want to see a DLR/VH reuinon with Ed in the state he's in? Seriously?

Good point Fab. I don't think you need to be concerned though. If that happens (and that is a big IF) and Ed decides to play Dave's way Dave would make sure Ed was in touring condition to reunite with the brothers and Mike Anthony and not make VH a laughing stock like they are right now (no pun intended).