X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

wisdom teeth removal

So I go to the dentist and it seems that because there isn't enough room and they are abnormal and only going to get cavities, I have to have all 4 of mine removed.

Because I'm a baby with pain, they're going to knock me out and do it.

Thing is, since I'm a baby with pain, I'm nervous and obsessing over this now. I know wisdom teeth removal is common, so what can I expect? Parentals and the dentist are telling me not to worry and to trust them and then planning stuff behind my back, which doesn't help in the nervousness department.

Roth Army Militia
  • Fabulous Shadow

You dont want to hear the story about when I had my widom teeth removed Alley...Trust me...

Comment

• Carmine
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Re: wisdom teeth removal

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
      So I go to the dentist and it seems that because there isn't enough room and they are abnormal and only going to get cavities, I have to have all 4 of mine removed.

Because I'm a baby with pain, they're going to knock me out and do it.

Thing is, since I'm a baby with pain, I'm nervous and obsessing over this now. I know wisdom teeth removal is common, so what can I expect? Parentals and the dentist are telling me not to worry and to trust them and then planning stuff behind my back, which doesn't help in the nervousness department.

its pretty routine. I had all 4 of mine out the same day. woke up groggy, with my cheeks like Dizzy Gillespie.

Comment

• Mezro
        Full Member Status

• May 2004

I had all of mine yanked in one day as well!

They did an IV sedation and the procedure went well. I was out of it for the rest of the day though and felt groggy. Do not attempt to drive after the procedure

The most important thing is to keep the sockets irrigated once the teeth are removed. They will give you an oral irrigator and ask you to keep those areas super clean. Do it or there could be complications.

Mezro...my cheeks looked like Sam's gut for a few days
        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
          I had all of mine yanked in one day as well!

They did an IV sedation and the procedure went well. I was out of it for the rest of the day though and felt groggy. Do not attempt to drive after the procedure

The most important thing is to keep the sockets irrigated once the teeth are removed. They will give you an oral irrigator and ask you to keep those areas super clean. Do it or there could be complications.

Mezro...my cheeks looked like Sam's gut for a few days

Right Mez, complications. I had them. Post surgical infection that would not allow my stitches to hold, 3 months I had to go back to the dentist everytime I yawned, sneezed etc. The Dizzy Gillespi cheeks are certain though. Mine were HUGE.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

they want to take all 4 of mine out at the same time, too.

Do they give you the stitches that disintegrate (that so looks spelt wrong) or the ones you had to go back and get taken out?
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• lionsfan

disintegrate (that so looks spelt wrong)
              Nope, your spelling is courreckt.

Comment

• High Life Man
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Do it all at once. Get it over with.

I don't think gassing is necessary. I couldn't really feel any pain when they were doing it (beside my head getting tugged).

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Do it all at once cuz if ya dont you wont go back...
                  Lets just say that I had mine done 13 years ago. To this day I have no feeling in the botton left side of my mouth and lips...Nerve damage.

Comment

• lionsfan

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                    Do it all at once cuz if ya dont you wont go back...
                    Lets just say that I had mine done 13 years ago. To this day I have no feeling in the botton left side of my mouth and lips...Nerve damage.
                    Damn, what the...were they digging for oil?

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

For me it was a piece of cake. Just had novacaine. It depends if they are up or not. Are they still under the gums?
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Keeyth
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lionsfan
                        Nope, your spelling is courreckt.
                        Haha except for the sord 'spelt'....
                        Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by lionsfan
                          Damn, what the...were they digging for oil?
                          I think they thought if they dug far enough they'd reach China!

Comment

• Keeyth
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2004

they want to take all 4 of mine out at the same time, too.

Do they give you the stitches that disintegrate (that so looks spelt wrong) or the ones you had to go back and get taken out?
                            Poor baby. I feel for ya, I really do... ...I just had 11K worth of work done to my mouth, the result of not going to the dentist for 10 years... ...3 root canals + more stuff than I can go into, over about 20 visits... ...but I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled. All mine came in, but you know me... ...I'm such a big mouth they all fit! Haha! Seriously though... ...I hope it goes O.K. for you. In fact, I know it will. They have they technology...

You'll be fine sweety...
                            Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Keeyth
                              Haha except for the sord 'spelt'....
                              spelt: VERB: A past tense and a past participle of spell :p
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...