PDA

View Full Version : 5150--VH's "most successful album"--IDIOTS AT KLOS

Thetruthbaby
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
I was listening to KLOS 95.5 in L.A. late Saturday night and some chick dj was playing a block of VHALEN/VHAGAR. At the end of the block she went on and on about how great it was that they were back with Hagar and then said 5150 "was their most successful album". TYPICAL. For years between Hagar's lying and people's lack of knowledge 5150 has often been referred to as VH's biggest album. I even read it in mags from time to time. I tried to call her but no answer at the request line (no surprise there). I have typed up a letter to send to this dumbass and will be mailing it today. Numbers do matter guys, not in the sense that they tell us which albums are better or the best, but in public perception. For an average fan they hear something like this and they might think to themselves "wow they were bigger with Hagar, that material must have been great if it sold more". Sure for us it wouldn't matter if they truly had sold more records with Hagar but it does have some infulence trust me. My brother (until I proved to him with the RIAA) used to always say to me that they were bigger with Hagar therefore it showed how great the material was. I'm telling you, more people put stock in numbers than you might think in terms of comparing era's and the quality. That is why this idiot at KLOS said what she said. She prefers Hagar and by mentioning what she thinks are accurate numbers she's trying to persuade people. Well not on my gdamn watch.

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
I was listening to KLOS 95.5 in L.A. late Saturday night and some chick dj was playing a block of VHALEN/VHAGAR. At the end of the block she went on and on about how great it was that they were back with Hagar and then said 5150 "was their most successful album". TYPICAL. For years between Hagar's lying and people's lack of knowledge 5150 has often been referred to as VH's biggest album. I even read it in mags from time to time. I tried to call her but no answer at the request line (no surprise there). I have typed up a letter to send to this dumbass and will be mailing it today. Numbers do matter guys, not in the sense that they tell us which albums are better or the best, but in public perception. For an average fan they hear something like this and they might think to themselves "wow they were bigger with Hagar, that material must have been great if it sold more". Sure for us it wouldn't matter if they truly had sold more records with Hagar but it does have some infulence trust me. My brother (until I proved to him with the RIAA) used to always say to me that they were bigger with Hagar therefore it showed how great the material was. I'm telling you, more people put stock in numbers than you might think in terms of comparing era's and the quality. That is why this idiot at KLOS said what she said. She prefers Hagar and by mentioning what she thinks are accurate numbers she's trying to persuade people. Well not on my gdamn watch.

Calm down, your watch doesnt mean shit to anybody rothtard.

RogueHorseman
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM

March on brother!

What is this gals name, by the way? I still have plenty of contacts in the radio game...

Samsonite
07-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Whoa....who cares...biggest can mean different things...it was the first VH album to be number 1...relax...

RogueHorseman
07-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
Calm down, your watch doesnt mean shit to anybody rothtard.

Guy, you are beyond lame.

As if others here would waste their time posting knocks on Sammy at some Hagar fan site...

Speaking of which, do any even exist?

Maybe you could be a trendsetter, LOL, and go get one up and running... trailblazer that you are.

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Samsonite
Whoa....who cares...biggest can mean different things...it was the first VH album to be number 1...relax...

Shaddup luggage!:D

Samsonite
07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
This guys gonna write a letter to a radio station citing a mistake....

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 04:16 PM
This guys gonna write a letter to a radio station citing a mistake....

I know....but she is promoting an album for what it is not.
People in her position are supposed to be knowledgable about
these things or at least should check their numbers before
airing them as fact.

Thetruthbaby
07-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Her name was Teri (I can only assume Teri Gladstone by looking at their site). Got no problem with her liking Hagar better (she's just misguided) but spreading lies yes that bothers me. Sounds familiar doesn't it (LIKE HAGAR HIMSELF). FAT LIAR THAT HE IS.

moose
07-06-2004, 04:22 PM
How many albums did that crapfest sell? 4-5 million?, How many were bought out of curiosity? 3-4 mill., what happened after that? Every crapfest sold less and less, bottom line is VAN GAYGAR SUCKS!!!!!!!! and there is no fuckin way in hell that 51.. is VAN HALENS biggest seller cause the only VH albums I know sold close to 40 mill + you all know them well baby..."THE FUCKIN ESSENTIAL SIX PACK". Fuck all the sheep I am sick and tired of them trying to make spam and the shirrellas look better than the Classic Version. They have no idea what they are talking about. Losers all of them including any fuckin Dj who' plays any crap from van gaygar. Long Live CLASSIC VAN HALEN, ther are no substitutes.

Samsonite
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Well...the fact that you care so much makes you sound like a pussy. It's like people that call up people that print Bibles and scream at them for an hour because one word in the 2000 page book says Jesis.

Thetruthbaby
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to also clarify that I'm not dumping on KLOS as a whole. They play mostly DLR era VH and I do not recall any other dj's there making any false claims about VH's sales. But this chick should check her numbers before saying things like this.

L.S.D.
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by moose
How many albums did that crapfest sell? 4-5 million?, How many were bought out of curiosity? 3-4 mill., what happened after that? Every crapfest sold less and less, bottom line is VAN GAYGAR SUCKS!!!!!!!! and there is no fuckin way in hell that 51.. is VAN HALENS biggest seller cause the only VH albums I know sold close to 40 mill + you all know them well baby..."THE FUCKIN ESSENTIAL SIX PACK". Fuck all the sheep I am sick and tired of them trying to make spam and the shirrellas look better than the Classic Version. They have no idea what they are talking about. Losers all of them including any fuckin Dj who' plays any crap from van gaygar. Long Live CLASSIC VAN HALEN, ther are no substitutes.

over 7 million.

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Well...the fact that you care so much makes you sound like a pussy. It's like people that call up people that print Bibles and scream at them for an hour because on word in the 2000 page book says Jesis.

You should have typed one not on....fuck....what are ya stoopid,

my whole day is ruined it's one not fucking on....fuck.

moose
07-06-2004, 04:28 PM
over 7 million.

Still what happened after that? The curiosity factor began to wane and how many albums were sold?? They all started to sell less and less you cannot deny that. We all know damn well that it was out of curiosity that 51.. sold tht many copies nothin else. The mega success of 1984 and the huge messy divorce between VH and Roth also fueled the sales for that crapfest.

Samsonite
07-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I made a mistake...and now I'm ruined for life....

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2004, 04:31 PM
I made a mistake...and now I'm ruined for life....

Fuck, wait till the bible thumpers see it.:D

Samsonite
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Fuck, wait till the bible thumpers see it.:D

Ha...yes...nicely done.

Terry
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM

Just another case of bullshit from Sammy accepted as fact by a music media source who couldn't be bothered to check the facts.

Van Hagar did have several albums that reached #1, and many instantly translate that into Van Hagar having sold more records than the classic lineup.

Many sheep labor under the same impression until you show 'em the sales stats.

speedtruckermf
07-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I wasn't aware that Van Halen did a record with Sammy Hagar.

FORD
07-07-2004, 02:20 AM
If she said it was Van Hagar's most successful album, she would be correct.

Each Van Hagar album sold less than the one before it. The band was constantly declining.

thefive
07-07-2004, 02:36 AM

Cool right on bro. I live in the same area as you. I call klos here and there to play some Dave.

bru87tr
07-07-2004, 09:43 AM
where was Van Fagars album when "Just Like Paradise" was #1

unless im wrong Dave topped the charts with that song and Van Fagar was no where to be found, right ?

been too long. lol

RogueHorseman
07-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by speedtruckermf
I wasn't aware that Van Halen did a record with Sammy Hagar.

Who is Sammy Hagar?

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
where was Van Fagars album when "Just Like Paradise" was #1

unless im wrong Dave topped the charts with that song and Van Fagar was no where to be found, right ?

been too long. lol

Fucking spare me, you cant be this delusinal. Where was Van halen IF THAT CRAPPY SONG HIT #1?

hEADLINING THE mONSTERS OF ROCK AT STADIUMS AND SITTING AT #1 WITH OU812.

Rikk
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by moose

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!! Classic Van Halen to Hagar Van Halen is like Iggy Pop to Justin Timberlake.

5150 is a a flaccid album...so representative of the lightening of the hard rock sound that was common at the time. The lyrics are among the worst the band had on any album. A lot of it is like BAYWATCH music. I'm not saying it's horrible...there are moments, and some good solos. But anyone knows that 1984 had the real hit singles. And everyone knows that 1984 sold twice as much...as did the debut. And 5150 is the biggest seller the shit line-up has.

bru87tr
07-07-2004, 12:52 PM
im talking singles chart and I believe im right unless someone can prove it to be wrong. it has been a while.

a #1 song is something Ed has always praised! has said so himself.

anyone know ? wasnt Dave #1 with that song at that time ?

Rikk
07-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Fucking spare me, you cant be this delusinal. Where was Van halen IF THAT CRAPPY SONG HIT #1?

hEADLINING THE mONSTERS OF ROCK AT STADIUMS AND SITTING AT #1 WITH OU812.

Get your facts straight, idiot. They set up the Monsters of Rock tour. It was eventually listed as the most unsuccessful tour of 1988. Promoters stated that Van Halen was not enough of a drawing power (with that line-up) to fill stadiums. The tour lost a ton of money. It's a fact...go look it up, moron. I'm not saying that Van Hagar never had success...of course they did. But not the same. And frankly, success is a funny thing. It doesn't mean something successful becomes legendary. And 5150 sure ain't legendary. Hell, even Dokken were once successful.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Was at the Monsters of Rock at the Silverdome that year.

Most left before VH hit the stage. Hell, most left after Metallica, they were like 3rd in the line-up.

LSD, it's spelled "delusional"

See the "Spell Check" button?

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Was at the Monsters of Rock at the Silverdome that year.

Most left before VH hit the stage. Hell, most left after Metallica, they were like 3rd in the line-up.

LSD, it's spelled "delusional"

See the "Spell Check" button?

I saw that tour 3 times so dont think youre bullshit is fooling anybody.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Calling me a liar?

Pontiac Silverdome.

I was there, both days, and the same was true both days.

Kingdom Come opened both days.

Both days after metallica played, the place emptied out big time.

From Michigan, from the area, nearly 100 shows in my day.

I don't HAVE to bullshit.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Van Halen has a show here July 9th, Van Andel Arena.

Ticket sales are woeful, giving these away in every way, shape, and form.

Rikk
07-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I hate LSD. He's a pathetic fuck with too much time on his hands. Don't forget, he was at one date on that tour (in fact, he was on a date with his first cousin at the time). And thus he knows better than you, AlinChainz, or all the promoters who did business (or didn't do business, if you know what I mean) on that tour.

LSD, you're a fucking loser. You pick your name based on a pathetic catch-phrase Eddie Van Halen made-up ("lead-singer-disease") for the sheep to chew on. And it's a joke. Guitarists have just as much ego as lead singers, and to say that all lead singers have the same personality trait is a joke. Anyway, Eddie claimed that the singer you're supporting (Sammy) has this disease as well, so don't you look stupid?

I'm calling you out, cunt. Why are you here? What's your issue? What kind of a name is LSD? And why are you responding with attacks in this topic even though you haven't even addressed what it's about? It's about 5150 not being anywhere near the best-selling VH album. Do you disagree with this? And if you don't, why are you posting here?

You are a loser. Go shoot yourself and increase your family's quality of life by them not having you around anymore.

Rikk
07-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Al, do you know what the numbers for your local show are?

EddieFan4Ever
07-07-2004, 10:36 PM

You nailed it....it's a worldwide conspiracy! LOL

BARE BONE
07-07-2004, 11:08 PM

tjvhou812
07-07-2004, 11:34 PM
your all a bunch of fucking slaves

hot for david
07-07-2004, 11:53 PM

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 11:56 PM
tj...tj...tj...

slave=subserviant...

Roth Army= RothFans

tj=stated roth fan (but likes to lick Hagar's testis, and most important, Eddie Ripples)

Slave to the Army= tj

and you don't even know it yet...

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Christ...who gives a shit about KLOS...or anyone else who states shit like that...

facts are the facts...and you can't color over that with a lie...

so let them have at it...

scottydabodi
07-08-2004, 12:58 AM
I saw The Monsters of Rock in '88. It was the final nail in the coffin for VH... Scorpions BLEW them off the stage! Everyone that I went with thought so too... 5150 sucked, ou812 sucked WORSE, if you can BELIEVE that!! Fuck these MEDIOCRE albums that Ronald McHagar and Eddie VanHasbeen have been delivering on a CONSTANT basis!! Ed+Sam=SHIT!! Ed+DAVE=GENIUS!!! Choke on that, COCKSMOKER!!!