X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

5150--VH's "most successful album"--IDIOTS AT KLOS

I was listening to KLOS 95.5 in L.A. late Saturday night and some chick dj was playing a block of VHALEN/VHAGAR. At the end of the block she went on and on about how great it was that they were back with Hagar and then said 5150 "was their most successful album". TYPICAL. For years between Hagar's lying and people's lack of knowledge 5150 has often been referred to as VH's biggest album. I even read it in mags from time to time. I tried to call her but no answer at the request line (no surprise there). I have typed up a letter to send to this dumbass and will be mailing it today. Numbers do matter guys, not in the sense that they tell us which albums are better or the best, but in public perception. For an average fan they hear something like this and they might think to themselves "wow they were bigger with Hagar, that material must have been great if it sold more". Sure for us it wouldn't matter if they truly had sold more records with Hagar but it does have some infulence trust me. My brother (until I proved to him with the RIAA) used to always say to me that they were bigger with Hagar therefore it showed how great the material was. I'm telling you, more people put stock in numbers than you might think in terms of comparing era's and the quality. That is why this idiot at KLOS said what she said. She prefers Hagar and by mentioning what she thinks are accurate numbers she's trying to persuade people. Well not on my gdamn watch.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • L.S.D.

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    I was listening to KLOS 95.5 in L.A. late Saturday night and some chick dj was playing a block of VHALEN/VHAGAR. At the end of the block she went on and on about how great it was that they were back with Hagar and then said 5150 "was their most successful album". TYPICAL. For years between Hagar's lying and people's lack of knowledge 5150 has often been referred to as VH's biggest album. I even read it in mags from time to time. I tried to call her but no answer at the request line (no surprise there). I have typed up a letter to send to this dumbass and will be mailing it today. Numbers do matter guys, not in the sense that they tell us which albums are better or the best, but in public perception. For an average fan they hear something like this and they might think to themselves "wow they were bigger with Hagar, that material must have been great if it sold more". Sure for us it wouldn't matter if they truly had sold more records with Hagar but it does have some infulence trust me. My brother (until I proved to him with the RIAA) used to always say to me that they were bigger with Hagar therefore it showed how great the material was. I'm telling you, more people put stock in numbers than you might think in terms of comparing era's and the quality. That is why this idiot at KLOS said what she said. She prefers Hagar and by mentioning what she thinks are accurate numbers she's trying to persuade people. Well not on my gdamn watch.

Calm down, your watch doesnt mean shit to anybody rothtard.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
      March on brother!

What is this gals name, by the way? I still have plenty of contacts in the radio game...
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Samsonite
        Head Fluffer
        • May 2004

Whoa....who cares...biggest can mean different things...it was the first VH album to be number 1...relax...

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
          Calm down, your watch doesnt mean shit to anybody rothtard.
          Guy, you are beyond lame.

As if others here would waste their time posting knocks on Sammy at some Hagar fan site...

Speaking of which, do any even exist?

Maybe you could be a trendsetter, LOL, and go get one up and running... trailblazer that you are.
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Samsonite
            Whoa....who cares...biggest can mean different things...it was the first VH album to be number 1...relax...
            Shaddup luggage!

Comment

• Samsonite
              Head Fluffer
              • May 2004

This guys gonna write a letter to a radio station citing a mistake....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

This guys gonna write a letter to a radio station citing a mistake....
                I know....but she is promoting an album for what it is not.
                People in her position are supposed to be knowledgable about
                these things or at least should check their numbers before
                airing them as fact.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

KLOS DJ DUMBASS' NAME

Her name was Teri (I can only assume Teri Gladstone by looking at their site). Got no problem with her liking Hagar better (she's just misguided) but spreading lies yes that bothers me. Sounds familiar doesn't it (LIKE HAGAR HIMSELF). FAT LIAR THAT HE IS.
                  DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

How many albums did that crapfest sell? 4-5 million?, How many were bought out of curiosity? 3-4 mill., what happened after that? Every crapfest sold less and less, bottom line is VAN GAYGAR SUCKS!!!!!!!! and there is no fuckin way in hell that 51.. is VAN HALENS biggest seller cause the only VH albums I know sold close to 40 mill + you all know them well baby..."THE FUCKIN ESSENTIAL SIX PACK". Fuck all the sheep I am sick and tired of them trying to make spam and the shirrellas look better than the Classic Version. They have no idea what they are talking about. Losers all of them including any fuckin Dj who' plays any crap from van gaygar. Long Live CLASSIC VAN HALEN, ther are no substitutes.

Comment

• Samsonite
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2004

Well...the fact that you care so much makes you sound like a pussy. It's like people that call up people that print Bibles and scream at them for an hour because one word in the 2000 page book says Jesis.
                      Last edited by Samsonite; 07-06-2004, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2004

TO CLARIFY

Just wanted to also clarify that I'm not dumping on KLOS as a whole. They play mostly DLR era VH and I do not recall any other dj's there making any false claims about VH's sales. But this chick should check her numbers before saying things like this.
                        DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by moose
                          How many albums did that crapfest sell? 4-5 million?, How many were bought out of curiosity? 3-4 mill., what happened after that? Every crapfest sold less and less, bottom line is VAN GAYGAR SUCKS!!!!!!!! and there is no fuckin way in hell that 51.. is VAN HALENS biggest seller cause the only VH albums I know sold close to 40 mill + you all know them well baby..."THE FUCKIN ESSENTIAL SIX PACK". Fuck all the sheep I am sick and tired of them trying to make spam and the shirrellas look better than the Classic Version. They have no idea what they are talking about. Losers all of them including any fuckin Dj who' plays any crap from van gaygar. Long Live CLASSIC VAN HALEN, ther are no substitutes.

over 7 million.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Well...the fact that you care so much makes you sound like a pussy. It's like people that call up people that print Bibles and scream at them for an hour because on word in the 2000 page book says Jesis.
                            You should have typed one not on....fuck....what are ya stoopid,

my whole day is ruined it's one not fucking on....fuck.

Comment

• moose
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
                              over 7 million.
                              Still what happened after that? The curiosity factor began to wane and how many albums were sold?? They all started to sell less and less you cannot deny that. We all know damn well that it was out of curiosity that 51.. sold tht many copies nothin else. The mega success of 1984 and the huge messy divorce between VH and Roth also fueled the sales for that crapfest.

Comment

Working...