X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Electoral College.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing a bunch of sore losers from the electoral college flapping their gums about voting for who they want to vote for instead of voting who they were pledged to vote for as a result of the presidential election. If the results of a recount changed the winner I wouldn't like it but I'd deal with it. Some shitheads changing their vote because they don't like the results of the election would piss me off to no end. Even if you don't like Donald Trump he won by the rules we've had in place for over a hundred years. The fact that he didn't win the popular vote means nothing. It's happened four times before this.
    If this happens democracy is dead in this country. Most likely we'll finally get around to changing the system to the popular vote system before the next election so it doesn't happen again but that wouldn't repair the damage done by allowing this to happen now. I could almost guaranty the voters in states that Trump won but didn't get the electoral college votes because some shithead doesn't like Trump aren't gonna just let that ride. If Hillary Clinton ends up President she might as well tattoo a bull's eye on her forehead.
    Beware of Dog
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I cannot stand Hillary, but something is fundamentally wrong with any system where the "winner" of an election gets 2.5 million (so far) LESS votes than the "loser" of the election.

The other thought that comes to mind is the idea that the so-called "founding fathers" actually intended the Electoral College as a "failsafe" to prevent somebody who was completely incompetent and thoroughly incapable of holding the office from being inaugurated. While it would be tempting to apply that idea to Reagan or Chimpy, at least they allegedly had served as governors, so on paper, they were "qualified".

Drumpf is not. And his cabinet picks are proving exactly how incompetent he is. It's not simply that he's nominating wackjob right wing extremists, it's that he is nominating them for jobs they are not remotely qualified for. Ben Carson, for example. Arguably, he could have been appointed Surgeon General, since he is actually a surgeon. But outside of the operating room, he's done nothing. Certainly nothing that would qualify him to run HUD.

This is EXACTLY the type of situation the Electoral College allegedly exists for. Let's hope they act accordingly. Don't pick Trump OR Hillary. Find an FDR Democrat or an Eisenhower Republican. Either one would be an improvement over this clusterfuck.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

What are the required qualifications?

35 years old? Yep, he's qualified.

The Electoral College is so the 2 or 3 most populated States don't decide the election for the whole Country. It works.

But the whiners should just keep expending all their energy sniveling about LOSING! It's the Liberal way. Do nothing, and expect everything.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't know whatever happened to Switch, but she said it perfectly here.....

Originally posted by Switch84
        Electoral college. Have you seen some of the yahoos in the so-called 'little' states? I don't want the "Jerry Springer" crowd electing our President.

LMMFAOBT
        The Jerry Springer crowd.... that is the perfect description of the Cheeto voters.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Talking of which, places like New Hampshire having so much power over the primaries?

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah I've been saying for years that they need to rotate the primary & caucus schedule every election cycle, instead of starting every election with MonSatan dominated Iowa and tiny little New Hampshire, and then hitting damn near every state in the old Confederacy. All of which favors the most right wing nominees of either party.

Not to mention the whole damn thing is too long. Most other industrialized nations get their entire election season over and done within a matter of weeks, or a few months at most. The US presidential election has now become a full two year process. This particular election cycle felt more like 10 years, and it's really not even over yet.

Along with the rotation every 4 years, I say all the primaries & caucuses should be held 10 or 12 at a time, every weekend in April of election year, and they should be on the weekends, so most people will have the day off. Extend the voting hours from 6 AM to 10 PM to allow the most possible voting availability for those who have to work weekends, or those who have religious reasons which would prevent them from voting at certain hours of the day. Anybody who still can't vote within that schedule can get an absentee ballot, or vote by proxy in the caucus, if their state party allows it.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              I don't know whatever happened to Switch, but she said it perfectly here.....

The Jerry Springer crowd.... that is the perfect description of the Cheeto voters.
              The fucking loser Liberals are acting more like Springer types, than any Republican crowd ever has, in history.

99.9% of the people that have ever been on the Jerry Springer show are loser Liberals.

FACT!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Doubt that very much. They all seem like red state right wingers to me. Jerry himself is a Democrat though. He even had a radio show on Air America for a little while. Nothing at all like his TV show. Actually, it was too boring for the early morning time slot (6:00 - 9:00 on the west coast). Ironically, the only time the show was inspiring morning radio is when Jerry was on vacation and Mike Malloy filled in for him.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I cannot stand Hillary, but something is fundamentally wrong with any system where the "winner" of an election gets 2.5 million (so far) LESS votes than the "loser" of the election.
                  If the system needs fixing you don't fix it by changing the rules retroactively. The Electoral College System has been in place since 1789. Four presidents who didn't win the popular were elected by the Electoral College System already. Donald Trump will be #5.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

The Chicken Little Delegation fits the opposition perfectly. Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth they all start saying the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Then they cry themselves to sleep or pray to some deity they won't publicly admit they believe in to reverse the results of the election. Ain't gonna happen. Jesus don't play that.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Doubt that very much. They all seem like red state right wingers to me.
                      Until DNA testing becomes mandatory before youngsters around here start fornicating some accidental end breeding is bound to take place because most of these Cajun sumbitchs are related somewhere down the line so I'll admit some of the inbreds on the show could come from red states but everyone knows most of the trannies and homos live on the coasts with the rest of you liberal fucks.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        The Chicken Little Delegation fits the opposition perfectly. Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth they all start saying the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Then they cry themselves to sleep or pray to some deity they won't publicly admit they believe in to reverse the results of the election. Ain't gonna happen. Jesus don't play that.
                        Verily.... for I hath never interfered in the results of any mortal election.

If I had, then My servant, Jimmy Carter, would hath been re-elected in 1980, and ye would have never known the reigns of Reagan, Bush, or the Son of Bush. Let alone this orange impostor who seeketh the throne of thy nation now.

Woe to thy nation if this man and the deceptions by which he hath taken office are allowed to stand. But it is not the place of the Son of Man to settle such matters.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                          Verily.... for I hath never interfered in the results of any mortal election.

If I had, then My servant, Jimmy Carter, would hath been re-elected in 1980, and ye would have never known the reigns of Reagan, Bush, or the Son of Bush. Let alone this orange impostor who seeketh the throne of thy nation now.

Woe to thy nation if this man and the deceptions by which he hath taken office are allowed to stand. But it is not the place of the Son of Man to settle such matters.
                          You're gonna have to answer for this blasphemy someday. If you get your way and Queen Hillary gets coronated come January that someday might be sooner than you think.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Has requested an official intelligence briefing on Russian Hacking...

Comment

Working...