• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We didn't have a Rogue One thread?

I'm seeing it tonight at 7 pm

It's getting pretty good reviews. Said to be dark, like Empire Strikes Back.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've read good to mixed reviews and depending heavily on expectations...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seems that the marketing department is making the mistake of not publicising what this movie is about. People hear that it's a "one shot" spin off not connected to the third trilogy, and they might lose interest. Actually it's meant to fill in the gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

So chronologically speaking, this should be titled "Star Wars Epsiode 3.5" .... though I'm not sure how you do .5 in Roman numerals, which is what they have always used in the opening title crawl
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't really have any expectations. Just that the info from the opening crawl of A New Hope gets fleshed out. I did read the pre-story, Catalyst, and it's got a little bit of a lead in to Rogue One but it's said that one could skip the book and get the movie.

Kind of like Revenge of the Sith...if you paid attention during the original trilogy you had a pretty good idea what was going to happen to Anakin.

As for VIII, there doesn't seem to be many leaks about what's going to make it onscreen. I thought we'd have at least a title by now. I've seen a couple things, mostly based on how soon after VII the new one takes place, and a little about Luke. I guess the big spoiler discussions are on Reddit, and I don't lurk there.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Am seeing it on Sunday heard lots of good stuff about it . Dirty dozen meets inglorious bastards.

Seemingly they explain why the Death Star ... a hundred trillion credit death machine can get fucked by a spit ball. That's worth the admission

I haven't seen spoilers but I know none of them are in star wars
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by FORD
            Seems that the marketing department is making the mistake of not publicising what this movie is about. People hear that it's a "one shot" spin off not connected to the third trilogy, and they might lose interest. Actually it's meant to fill in the gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

So chronologically speaking, this should be titled "Star Wars Epsiode 3.5" .... though I'm not sure how you do .5 in Roman numerals, which is what they have always used in the opening title crawl
            There is no title crawl .... that's kept for the "proper" stories seemingly
            Last edited by vandeleur; 12-15-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah... I think they're just too chickenshit to try to get around the Roman numeral problem
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

half in roman numerals is S... for semi ( courtesy of wikipower). Living in wallsend for years finally paid off. You get extra points if you can guess how it got its name

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's good! I thought it started out a little slow but kept a good pace once it got going.

Some little surprises, I'll wait a few days before mentioning. I will say there's nothing extra after the credits, don't feel like you have to sit there.

People are griping about the music not being done by John Williams. It's not bad, traditional orchestra, some recognizable Star Wars themes. But then we stopped to have a couple beers after and started picking the whole thing apart...

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

That's how you show it live , you pick it to bits

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend!
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        That's how you show it live , you pick it to bits
                        Show it love. .. don't type on nightshift

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Seen it, it was very good. Of course I could pick holes in it but what the fuck it's a fun 2 hours

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Saw it yesterday. It's a movie - not a documentary, lol, so I won't be picking it apart. I thought it kicked ass. Great movie and yeah it looked like a Star Wars movie should. I'm not gonna spoil it for anybody - yet - but this ain't no happy ending Star Wars movie and the Rebels aren't as squeaky clean as they seemed in the original trilogy.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

I quite like this , so another take on the trilogy.
                              Start with rogue one then star wars and end on empire.

No dodgy ewoks, ends on an amiguous defeat after the rebels win the first two.

Comment

Working...