• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondclaudio
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Classic Van Halen full reunion

THE LATEST...
    2018 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WITH MIKE IN THE WORKS....
    Ok guys. Was waiting on some more info and here's what I got:
    New music has BEEN recorded. It started over a few years ago and continues to this day. The photo of Dave at the cigar shop was very telling. Almost like a plant if you get me. They are recording at 5150 and that Dave and Ed are working together in harmony doing all new material. There is no animosity. Everyone is getting along. A lot of the fights and hate is extremely exaggerated. Wolf is the bass player for these sessions.
    There is a box set/compilation set coming. The Sammy albums are being remastered. That I know. What extra material that is available is sketchy. Ed has the masters of the Sammy albums. It will be done and distributed by Warner Brothers.
    Wolf's album is slated to drop in spring of 2017. Wolf wants to spread his wings so don't expect him to be in the band much longer. Wolf is solely responsible for almost everything that has happened. Dave likes Wolf and they get along.
    Van Halen will tour in 2018. Mike has been in contact with the band to be back in for 40th anniversary tour. Also, Sammy is not totally out of the picture but I don't have a lot on that aspect of this equation. This will more than likely be the last we hear from the band. Wolf will be opening.
    Dave wanted Mike in 2007 but did not have leverage. Lets face it, Dave would've eaten someone's ass to be back in VH.
    Mike is back on speaking terms with Dave and VH Bros. This is recent.
    Ed hated working at Henson studio.
    Dave has FULL band rights. No hired hand bullshit. They compromise quite a bit. They have tension but they get along just fine. A lot of that stuff is misdirection by the media and the band.
    Wolf is the sole reason that Ed is alive today. As many of you guessed. Valerie is also a big part of Ed's life to this day. The fact that they have a good relationship probably saved Wolfie.
    I've spoke with 5 people and they have confirmed what is all here. In bits and pieces. The Mike angle is late breaking to say the least but I had to wait for someone else to confirm it.
    That's all I got as of this moment. Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters.
  • wiseguy
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

Umm...holy fuck!! AWESOME!!! Hope it's all true. Wooooooooo!!!
    Stay frosty now.
    Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
      I've spoke with 5 people...
      Santa Claus
      Bugs Bunny
      Elvis Presley
      Charles Manson
      Your therapist?

Nice try...fuck you and merry Christmas to you, too...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vony
        Full On Cocktard
        • Apr 2014

Dirk, checking in from Germany. Outstanding!
        I think this info was first posted over at the Links. But nevertheless, I smell bullshit just like some smell niggas.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Cato
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

strange...
          I heard that we will see a reunion of the Picasso Brothers in 2018.
          Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            Santa Claus
            Bugs Bunny
            Elvis Presley
            Charles Manson
            Von Halen

Nice try...fuck you and merry Christmas to you, too...
            Fixed your list...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• big fatty
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

It's a Van Halen miracle!!

Everything all wrapped up in a neat tidy package.

Bestest Christmas Ever!!

Comment

• Calderone
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

LOVE IT !
                Thanks for the news!
                Where's Dave's new pic?

Comment

• vaijuju
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2008

David Lee Roth was spotted at Havana Cigars In Studio City, California, last Friday. A fan by the name of Noel Elgrably was lucky enough to meet hima nd get a couple pics

Read more: http://www.vhnd.com/#ixzz4TaOufk00
                  http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Van Halen did update their facebook profile and cover photos about 40 minutes ago...first activity on the page in a long while...pics are of Dave, Ed, Alex and Wolf...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Interesting. We'll know pretty soon because the summer comes up quickly...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
                        Van Halen did update their facebook profile and cover photos about 40 minutes ago...first activity on the page in a long while...pics are of Dave, Ed, Alex and Wolf...
                        Yep.

Really all that means is that Janie knows about as much as Brad Starks did..."I'm a mushroom..."
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Copied from a post on Fb...just another day in VH rumor land...onward...

"Jeff from VHND" says this new rumour is not true. (But i have my doubts).

"I feel the need to chime in here with a public service announcement, guys. I read the first half of this thread, and I hate to see fellow fans get so excited about this rumor.

This morning, after reading this, I reached out to Fudd through email and he called me back right away. We had a long talk. He is a good guy. And he knows I’m going to post this...

I told him what I’m about to tell all of you right now…. this rumor is simply not true. I believe that you could sum it up as "none" of what those people told him is true. When I first read it, I didn't believe any of it. And by now, four of my tried and true sources have confirmed that none of this is true.

I do not believe that Fudd intentionally put out false info. He was simply excited to pass along what he was hearing. I told him that I believe that his sources are wrong about everything. I don't know who they are, or why would they would say these things, but I guess it does not matter to me.

When I see fans get excited about something that is not going to happen, I feel it's best to just try nip it in the bud, to avoid more disappointment later.

What is true right now? Only this:

*The band is Dave, Alex, Edward & Wolf.

*The band is currently still on hiatus. The band itself is not doing anything right now.

*The band is not yet retired, though.

*Wolf, of course, is still working on his solo album, off and on. I’m guessing that it might be released next year, but that's just a guess because I haven’t heard any details in a long time, nor a release date.

*As far as remasters? I don’t know. IF they are remastering the Sammy-era right now, then that would be the only part of this rumor that is true, other than the fact that Wolfgang is still planning on releasing his own album.

I wish all of it were true. I wish the Sammy & Mike rumor was true, too. I would love for them to be more active. But the band isn't doing anything right now.

I get no pleasure is posting this, believe me. Hopefully VH will do something really cool in the future. But this rumor isn't it.

vbforums/threads/63147-Not-fake-VH-rumor/page29" (Jeff)"

My opinion? I have my doubts about what "Jeff from VHND" says.

So why after these "rumors", the admin. Of the Van Halen OFFICIAL website "coincidentally" updated the profile photo and official facebook cover, something had not done for a few years?

There's something else too. This Jeff from VHND says none of this 'rumour' is true, but his text is full of shows that he (or his sources) are not sure if is really not true.

He says that he BELIEVES (or thinks) that the sources are wrong at all, even with his "3 or 4 sources" (he does not know how to count to 4?) to confirm or not.

There are other examples that not all of the rumor is not true:

"* As far as remasters? I do not know. IF they are remastering the Sammy-era right now, then that would be the only part of this rumor that is true, other than the fact that Wolfgang is still planning on releasing his own album. "* The band is Dave, Alex, Edward & Wolf.
                          * The band is currently on hiatus. The band itself is not doing anything right now.
                          * The band is not retired, though.
                          * Wolf, of course, is still working on his solo album, off and on.

"Because his "3 or 4 trusted sources" did not at least clarify about the Dave vanishes from his social networks (the same way he did when they were recording ADKOT and getting ready for the tour (s).) Dave was only "reappearing" in a photo in a tobacco shop in Studio City, near to Eddies´s house (Or Henson Studios, I can not now remember which of the two studios).

VH's policy is quiet / secretive and Dave's is "encrypted messages" when He can not communicate, and for Dave not to COMMUNICATE, who knows Dave, knows that it is not common, it is signal that something is being prepared.

Another detail: Dave does not stand still, there is such a solo album with John 5 already ready, and the EEAS Band reunion has cooled. ... Was Dave's confirmation missing? What forbids him to go out and do a show with his old band?

The doubts remain.

But i don´t think this new "rumours" are totally bullshit .

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

always remember

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What's MelodiCrock saying about this? Knowing Andrew's "inside sources", I'm sure he has "confirmation" of a tour with Katie Perry on vocals for summer 2017. The source sent Andrew a tape of a rehearsal, and Eddie's solo on "Firework" was "phenomenal"
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...