PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

Seshmeister
01-08-2017, 12:35 PM
that guy from Toto.

His website says

"Bobby Kimball is The Original Lead Singer of the Multi Grammy Award Winning Super Band TOTO and one of the World's Top Vocalists Ever Faced this Planet."

Enjoy and do hang around for the bass solo at the end...

https://youtu.be/HSvWSYgSM-g

Terry
01-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Is that clip really Bobby Kimball? Or is it just some random amateur band?

Either way, the lead vocals and the bass solo were goddamn awful.

vandeleur
01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
NAh nah nah ..... one line in and that kid ain't even done karaoke before..... Steve Lukather just felt a cold shudder

cadaverdog
01-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Is that clip really Bobby Kimball? Or is it just some random amateur band?

Either way, the lead vocals and the bass solo were goddamn awful.
If you read some of the comments Kimball blames his poor vocal performance on bad earpieces. On a few of the other videos he doesn't sound too bad until he tries too hard.

vandeleur
01-08-2017, 05:50 PM
If you read some of the comments Kimball blames his poor vocal performance on bad earpieces. On a few of the other videos he doesn't sound too bad until he tries too hard.

Did the bad earpiece sing for him ?

vandeleur
01-08-2017, 05:52 PM
And what does worlds top vocalist ever faced this planet even mean ...

Nickdfresh
01-08-2017, 06:23 PM
I really wish the audience had "sang-along" a lot louder FFS...

And I am also frightened of the thing he has become...

Seshmeister
01-08-2017, 10:47 PM
And what does worlds top vocalist ever faced this planet even mean ...

I copied and pasted that from the meta data of his site. :)

Even if it was the earpiece which is a bit doubtful given its a relatively small setup, why not just take it out, what is the explanation for his keyboard playing timing?

It's like the ridiculous nonsense Mariah Carey is coming out with blaming everyone else for her being caught miming at New Year.

"It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly, in the middle of Times Square, with all the noise, the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, thousands of people celebrating. Especially when their ear monitors were not working at all. Listen guys, they foiled me. Thus, it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the new year with me."

They humiliated the audience? It's not possible for a singer to sing live when it's cold or people are celebrating? 'They' did it deliberately?

Pathetic.

FORD
01-09-2017, 12:16 AM
Well... at least now we know what happened to Newman.....

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Wayne-Knight-Seinfelds-Newman-Victim-of-Internet-Death-Hoax.png

FORD
01-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Oh my fucking god... this shit gets even worse when he tries to sing Toto's best song.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzrToqsPmyw

Jérôme Frenchise
01-09-2017, 02:25 AM
Oh my fucking god... this shit gets even worse when he tries to sing Toto's best song.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzrToqsPmyw

Just hang up! :D

twonabomber
01-09-2017, 05:21 AM
I copied and pasted that from the meta data of his site. :)

Even if it was the earpiece which is a bit doubtful given its a relatively small setup, why not just take it out, what is the explanation for his keyboard playing timing?

It's like the ridiculous nonsense Mariah Carey is coming out with blaming everyone else for her being caught miming at New Year.

"It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly, in the middle of Times Square, with all the noise, the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, thousands of people celebrating. Especially when their ear monitors were not working at all. Listen guys, they foiled me. Thus, it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the new year with me."

They humiliated the audience? It's not possible for a singer to sing live when it's cold or people are celebrating? 'They' did it deliberately?

Pathetic.

Just wait. Mariah Carey is opening for Lionel Richie later this year. She'll slip up somewhere and it'll be all over the tubes.

cadaverdog
01-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Miming? We call that lip syncing here. Miming is when you pretend you're in an invisible box and such.